PDA

View Full Version : 2010 SE5

Dudley
12-20-2010, 01:44 PM
Hi Dudley, yeah I reversed it out of my garage as normal then could'nt get it in first, the display showed 1st but would just sit there and rev, after messing with it for a few min. It showed an E on the display . Any idea ?

This is from a lady Spyder owner in Houston. Any ideas, anyone?

Yazz
12-20-2010, 02:07 PM
Not me. Maybe Flamingobabe?:dontknow:

MMcc
12-20-2010, 02:12 PM
This happened to me on my 2008 SE5. I shut it down and tried to move it by hand. Transmission was in a gear, not sure 1st or reverse. Started it up again and the neutral light was now on. Shifted into 1st without a problem. Not sure if trying to move it or just the restart did the trick.

DragonLorD
12-20-2010, 02:21 PM
1,- check oil level first!!!
2,- move Spyder back and forth about 10 feet without starting

these are comon quick fixers but if these are not fixing it, then it can be anything from fliper conector to gear sensor but most definitely something very very minor.

......however it goes, keep us posted please. - every little helps :2thumbs:

Clicker1944
12-21-2010, 10:38 AM
Hi Dudley, yeah I reversed it out of my garage as normal then could'nt get it in first, the display showed 1st but would just sit there and rev, after messing with it for a few min. It showed an E on the display . Any idea ?

This is from a lady Spyder owner in Houston. Any ideas, anyone?

I had that very same problem in Oct. with my '09 SE5. Never got the E but would not go into reverse or N from first. I was afraid to ride and try to upshift. Tried restarting...no luck. Called the dealer and he said to trailer it in. Asked if I could move it with the dash showing it was in first and he said yes if it is shut off it really is freewheeling so no damage. Bottom line 3 weeks later I picked it up and been fine ever since. First after contacting BRP they sent clutch parts...didn't work then they sent other parts of which I do not know since they never gave or sent the receipt they promised. I have been too busy to call them and remind them to send a receipt. All was taken care of under warranty.
If you want to call them and ask what they did call Daytona Fun Machines 1-386-238-0888. I'm sure they will be glad to tell you since this was something they had never seen before and probably won't forget any time soon.

flamingobabe
12-21-2010, 10:55 AM
I've never had that problem...but try this..."Re-set Computer...turn key on 3 times without starting...then start" hope you find a quick answer...good luck..

Dudley
12-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Just got word on the cause. A collapsed transmission oil filter.

NancysToy
12-29-2010, 10:12 PM
Just got word on the cause. A collapsed transmission oil filter.
That's a little weird. There is likely a serious reason for the collapse. I doubt we have heard the last of this.....but I hope I am wrong for her sake.

Dudley
12-29-2010, 10:18 PM
She is at a better dealer than the one who sold her the Spyder. They seem to be really on top of it.