PDA

View Full Version : Got a ticket...

SpyderGirl
12-19-2010, 03:15 AM
.......guess it's time for the dual color TricLED fender lights. Dammit!!

Raptor
12-19-2010, 03:49 AM
Well that sucks. What did they get you for? SOme kind of equipment issue?

Roger
12-19-2010, 08:52 AM
Good job Bonnie Parker aka (Bonnie and Clyde) lol :2thumbs: I guess i will go to the post office and check out the mug shot?

Trickie Dick
12-19-2010, 09:06 AM
Now you can't come "back home to Indiana". The state is kinda picky about neer do wells like you.:roflblack::roflblack:
Are they going to re-open Alcatraz to cage this arch-criminal?

rogerb
12-19-2010, 10:33 AM
OK young lady let us all in on it. Tell us what criminal deed you committed (innocent till proven guilty) . Don't leave us hanging like that.:lecturef_smilie:

Bob Denman
12-19-2010, 10:49 AM
OK young lady let us all in on it. Tell us what criminal deed you committed (innocent till proven guilty) . Don't leave us hanging like that.:lecturef_smilie:

It just had to do with that whole "Ride Naked thing"... :roflblack: :firstplace:

dabreitbach
12-19-2010, 11:24 AM
It just had to do with that whole "Ride Naked thing"... :roflblack: :firstplace:

Thats got to be it. Got any pics??:roflblack:

RTGENE
12-19-2010, 11:24 AM
Spydergirl
Its sad to receive a citation.
We will be remorseful for your unspoken Misdeed.

Then there is Florida Express who will welcome you as tho your a victorious general returning to Rome.

RIGHTEOUS OR RASCAL
You must decide.

Fire Joe
12-19-2010, 11:25 AM
.......guess it's time for the dual color TricLED fender lights. Dammit!!

If they actually ticketed you for the color of your rear facing lights you have on your fenders then they must be pretty bored there :roflblack:

I could see if we were talking about lights towards the back of the Spyder as in around the taillight section but lights on your fenders? Guess I am used to the leniency here. Sorry to hear you got ticketed for them.

TicketBait
12-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by SpyderGirl on 10-29-2010, 10:45 PM
My husband and I both have the white TricFenderz and have no problems with distraction at night. What has been said is correct though, you're not supposed to have any rear facing lights in anything but red, however I know that the cops around here seem okay with motorcycles with rear facing ambers as those are somethings used for safety running lights.

I guess if I ever had problems with my TricFenderz I'd change them out for the new model with the rear facing red LEDs.

As for will they fit an RT, the front fenders are the same on the RT as the RS.

I love all my TricLED lights. They are top quality. :2thumbs: to Reggy.

Looks like you have two bikes to swap out, maybe Reggy will swap them for you. :dontknow:

boborgera
12-19-2010, 12:27 PM
If they actually ticketed you for the color of your rear facing lights you have on your fenders then they must be pretty bored there :roflblack:

Not that there bored, so much as with the talk of layoffs ,There trying to make as much money in tickets for the local Governments.
This way they can justify their salaries. [N O P]

Sarge707
12-19-2010, 12:48 PM
:dontknow: Why didn,t you offer them a Free Oil change?:dontknow::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

SpyderGirl
12-19-2010, 01:14 PM

Yeah, and in the rain too! Cops have no sense of humor!! :roflblack:

Well that sucks. What did they get you for? SOme kind of equipment issue?

California VC 24252(2)....

I could see if we were talking about lights towards the back of the Spyder as in around the taillight section but lights on your fenders? Guess I am used to the leniency here. Sorry to hear you got ticketed for them.

Welcome to California! The Laws and Regulations State! And one of the officers gave me flack because I am a Colts fan (he was a Patriots fan of course!).

Looks like you have two bikes to swap out, maybe Reggy will swap them for you. :dontknow:

Yeah, looks that way... in the meantime I have to take them off and get the ticket signed off.

:dontknow: Why didn,t you offer them a Free Oil change?:dontknow::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Well I did try to butter them up when they asked me about Warriors' Watch Riders (I was on my way home from a mission)... it didn't work. Since I got my license 12 years ago I have been pulled over 9 times.... four times on the Spyder alone (never a moving violation on the Spyder though). I am a moving target for cops I'm telling ya!

SpyderGirl
12-19-2010, 01:25 PM
(2) No clearance lamp may be combined optically with any taillamp or identification lamp.

That would be the one. Jerk!!

He did say that he couldn't miss me though.

bruiser
12-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Ahh, California, the state where everything is known to cause cancer, you have to comply with all the smog devices, even on lawnmowers. Yet, they have Hollywood, which doesn't have to comply with anything. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

BajaRon
12-19-2010, 04:16 PM

53 years in California.... 7 years in Tennessee.

Now, let me think, which state to I prefer..... Hmmmmm :dontknow:

NancysToy
12-19-2010, 04:19 PM
53 years in California.... 7 years in Tennessee.

Now, let me think, which state to I prefer..... Hmmmmm :dontknow:
Obviously the State of Confusion. :roflblack:

fastfraser
12-19-2010, 04:38 PM
Good one scotty :roflblack:

Raptor
12-19-2010, 04:55 PM
Yup, here it is:

(2) No clearance lamp may be combined optically with any taillamp
or identification lamp

Seems to me you have had those installed for a while now and I KNOW they have seen them before, and just now they are giving you flack about it? That is pretty ticky-tack if you ask me.

I was born and raised here, but I gotta tell ya this place SUCKS now. It's a shame...

BajaRon
12-19-2010, 05:08 PM
Obviously the State of Confusion. :roflblack:

Well, that never changes, only the location of the confusion is different! :yikes:

BajaRon
12-19-2010, 05:10 PM
Yup, here it is:

or identification lamp

Seems to me you have had those installed for a while now and I KNOW they have seen them before, and just now they are giving you flack about it? That is pretty ticky-tack if you ask me.

I was born and raised here, but I gotta tell ya this place SUCKS now. It's a shame...

I can't agree more! Things started to go south (in more ways than 1) in the mid 70's. Before that it was a much better place to be.

I loved getting IOU's instead of pay checks. Now that's government at its best!

BajaRon
12-19-2010, 05:12 PM

I would invite you to move to Tennessee (where registration for anything you run is $45 a YEAR!). But we're all full up in this state and there just isn't room for any more.... Sorry! :dontknow:

bone crusher
12-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Yup, here it is:

or identification lamp

Come on...the state is seriously in debt...they have to make their money somehow...I cannot even figure out what she had installed that is not permitted! :yikes:

Raptor
12-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Come on...the state is seriously in debt...they have to make their money somehow...I cannot even figure out what she had installed that is not permitted! :yikes:

I know. If they really wanted to make some money on traffic viloations all they would have to do is park a couple of CHP units right where the commute lane starts on 101S in Redwood City. The fine is like 300 bucks for the first infraction and idiots are goin in there all the time. AND talkin on their cell phones, which would be another couple hundred! :yikes: I have to dodge these fools every morning. I'm talkin fish in a barrel baby!! :roflblack:

SpyderWolf
12-19-2010, 05:52 PM
Were they kind enough to explain to you which one of the lights they thought was a clearance light? It seems like a pretty petty way to try to make some extra money off a ticket. I don't know how things work in California, but if it was here I would be willing to go to court with a video of those lights and see if the judge agrees. Although if they really are hurting that badly for money it may not do you any good anyway. :dontknow:

Raptor
12-19-2010, 06:11 PM
Were they kind enough to explain to you which one of the lights they thought was a clearance light? It seems like a pretty petty way to try to make some extra money off a ticket. I don't know how things work in California, but if it was here I would be willing to go to court with a video of those lights and see if the judge agrees. Although if they really are hurting that badly for money it may not do you any good anyway. :dontknow:

Good point SpyderWolf. But they are hurting that bad for money. The other thing is that they are so arrogant out here that if you are a law-abiding citizen even with a legitimate argument you don't stand a chance in court unless the cop doesn't show up. Now, if you're a murderer or one of these Hollyweird freaks you have all kinds of rights! It's pretty twisted out here, but it is what it is.

SpyderFun
12-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Take the bulbs and fuse out and call it a "reflector"! :roflblack:

YOU WIN! :clap:

You realize IF you had it registered here in Indy and had Indy plates they would have ignored you!

MoonChaser213
12-19-2010, 08:33 PM
they must have had a book looking for a reason to pull you over for awhile .how petty ...too bad there isn't enough real crime to keep the guys busy.they didn't need to give you a ticket though. really

SpyderWolf
12-20-2010, 06:36 AM
Good point SpyderWolf. But they are hurting that bad for money. The other thing is that they are so arrogant out here that if you are a law-abiding citizen even with a legitimate argument you don't stand a chance in court unless the cop doesn't show up. Now, if you're a murderer or one of these Hollyweird freaks you have all kinds of rights! It's pretty twisted out here, but it is what it is.

Wow, I had heard stories about things like this before but to hear it from you actually drives it home more since you live there. I must say that whenever I start thinking SC is a bad state to live in I will reflect back on this thread and be content with where I am.

Desert Spyder
12-20-2010, 07:49 AM
Kat, did you have those white TRI's wrapped from front to back on the front fender? I know it sounds pretty ticky tacky but if you we're a weary driver coming up behind her you might over react thinking it was a wrong way driver.

Say what you will but its a safety issue and thats one of the reasons we drive Spyders. If I was a cop I wouldn't ticket a female naked ryder but then its the Bay area. Hello Than Franthisko!

This same violation is probably in every states books. Vehicle codes are often written in blood.

NancysToy
12-20-2010, 09:04 AM
Any time someone knowingly modifies a vehicle in violation of the vehicle codes, he or she should expect that sometime they will have to pay the piper. A chicken bust? ...petty? ...maybe, but tinting your windows dark when the law says otherwise, running blue lights when you are not a K-Mart special, or having a straight pipe is willfully going against the law. Yes, there are worse cases out there, and yes, it seems that catching bank robbers would be a better use of our police, but wrong is wrong and I don't think we should gripe when we get caught. Sorry to be unsympathetic, but if you ride naked you should expect that someone might see you. :D

Bob Denman
12-20-2010, 09:46 AM
:agree: As much as I hate folks getting hassled for the small stuff, Scotty is 100 percent right. Every time one of us gets pulled over, the non-riding publice sees it and thinks, "Another one of those da*n lawbreakers getting what they deserve." We all get painted with the same broad brush and it hurts our sport.
If we all did everything by the books and behaved as we should, the term "Biker" would have so many negative connotations. It might be a bit more boring though...:D

SpyderGirl
12-20-2010, 06:03 PM

That's what I told the guy, but whatever.

I would invite you to move to Tennessee (where registration for anything you run is $45 a YEAR!). But we're all full up in this state and there just isn't room for any more.... Sorry! :dontknow:

That's okay, we're going to move to Arizona. We have 2.5 acres there.

I know. If they really wanted to make some money on traffic viloations all they would have to do is park a couple of CHP units right where the commute lane starts on 101S in Redwood City. The fine is like 300 bucks for the first infraction and idiots are goin in there all the time. AND talkin on their cell phones, which would be another couple hundred! :yikes: I have to dodge these fools every morning. I'm talkin fish in a barrel baby!! :roflblack:

NO KIDDING!!! Anywhere in the Bay Area they could do this. It's ridiculous.

Kat, did you have those white TRI's wrapped from front to back on the front fender? I know it sounds pretty ticky tacky but if you we're a weary driver coming up behind her you might over react thinking it was a wrong way driver.

Say what you will but its a safety issue and thats one of the reasons we drive Spyders. If I was a cop I wouldn't ticket a female naked ryder but then its the Bay area. Hello Than Franthisko!

LOL!!! Seriously. But yeah, that was his explanation to me. I just played dumb... like I really thought it would work. I've got amber Tric Fenders coming my way. :D

Any time someone knowingly modifies a vehicle in violation of the vehicle codes, he or she should expect that sometime they will have to pay the piper. A chicken bust? ...petty? ...maybe, but tinting your windows dark when the law says otherwise, running blue lights when you are not a K-Mart special, or having a straight pipe is willfully going against the law. Yes, there are worse cases out there, and yes, it seems that catching bank robbers would be a better use of our police, but wrong is wrong and I don't think we should gripe when we get caught. Sorry to be unsympathetic, but if you ride naked you should expect that someone might see you. :D

Yup! I've paid the piper more than my fair share of times for modifying my vehicles and it doesn't stop me.... of course it doesn't make me like it anymore when I get stopped.

LOL!!! I should have rode naked, that would have been a ticket worth getting framed!!!! :D

SpyderWolf
12-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Here is my bigger concern for you with the CA motor vehicle laws. The regulation states you cannot have a clearance light combined with your tail or identification lights. It sounds to me like having them tied into your turn signal may be what is causing the issue. In this case, just the fender tip light by itself could be considered a clearance light, and once you tie that into your turn signal you may now be illegal.

However, this still doesn't make a whole lot of sense as what do they do about the cars that now have turn signals on their mirrors as well as the regular ones? :dontknow:

I am just wondering if switching to amber is really going to get you out of trouble here. :dontknow:

SpyderGirl
12-22-2010, 11:03 AM
Here is my bigger concern for you with the CA motor vehicle laws. The regulation states you cannot have a clearance light combined with your tail or identification lights. It sounds to me like having them tied into your turn signal may be what is causing the issue. In this case, just the fender tip light by itself could be considered a clearance light, and once you tie that into your turn signal you may now be illegal.

However, this still doesn't make a whole lot of sense as what do they do about the cars that now have turn signals on their mirrors as well as the regular ones? :dontknow:

I am just wondering if switching to amber is really going to get you out of trouble here. :dontknow:

Well I asked the CHP officer about the amber rear facing fender lights I have and he had no problems with them. They are running and signal lights. I can only assume that the amber tricfenders will be okay too.

But yeah, if you read the VC I was cited that way, it does make you wondering about those other things...

I guess we'll see. Maybe I should change my name to Ticket Bait or something. LOL!

SpyderWolf
12-22-2010, 08:18 PM
You and I are in the same boat, except I haven't gotten a ticket yet. I am willing to try just about anything with the lighting, and then see if I can get away with it or not. I will be starting a new thread soon on the latest lighting install. :D :thumbup:

SpyderGirl
12-22-2010, 08:44 PM
You and I are in the same boat, except I haven't gotten a ticket yet. I am willing to try just about anything with the lighting, and then see if I can get away with it or not. I will be starting a new thread soon on the latest lighting install. :D :thumbup:

I've gotten fix-it tickets for lighting three or four times, not having a front license plate three or four times, and tinted windows twice.

I need to post the pictures up of the lights on my GIVI trunk. They are AWESOME!!! :2thumbs:

SpyderWolf
12-22-2010, 09:06 PM
I used to get warning tickets about the tint on the windshield of my mustang when I had it. When I sold it I told the new owner to be sure he didn't get stopped by the same police officer twice. When he asked why, I opened the glove box and showed him the collection of warnings which was up to 9. :roflblack:

You definitely need to show off the Givi lights. I just finished posting the new thread for our lights here: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24736

bone crusher
12-23-2010, 01:52 AM

"if you ride naked"...Scotty, one look at your avatar and I think you are in trouble with that sentiment!

bone crusher
12-23-2010, 01:55 AM
Well I asked the CHP officer about the amber rear facing fender lights I have and he had no problems with them. They are running and signal lights. I can only assume that the amber tricfenders will be okay too.

But yeah, if you read the VC I was cited that way, it does make you wondering about those other things...

I guess we'll see. Maybe I should change my name to Ticket Bait or something. LOL!

Better to be visible and get a warning or a ticket than not be seen and get hit...I'll gladly push the envelope with lighting...the more, the merrier, as far as I'm concerned! Do what you have to do to not be in violation and then add more lights that are within legal limits...

SpyderGirl
12-23-2010, 01:57 AM
Better to be visible and get a warning or a ticket than not be seen and get hit...I'll gladly push the envelope with lighting...the more, the merrier, as far as I'm concerned! Do what you have to do to not be in violation and then add more lights that are within legal limits...

Totally agree... 120%!!!

He did say that he couldn't miss me. That's the point!!!

SpyderWolf
12-23-2010, 09:18 AM
Totally agree... 120%!!!

He did say that he couldn't miss me. That's the point!!!

Exactly! Best of luck with the replacement Tric Fenderz and not getting another ticket. :thumbup: