PDA

View Full Version : Winter Get Together and Motorcycle Show

SpyderAnn01
12-14-2010, 07:18 PM
I promised to organize something for the winter so here it is..the Progressive Insurance International Motorcycle Shows at the Rock Financial Center in Novi, MI on January 8th 2011. The show actually is 7 to 9 but we are planning on Saturday with lunch at 3:00 at a local restaurant. BRP will be at the show.

I'll post more details at a later date. There are a number of shopping malls and IKEA nearby for those who aren't interested in the show.

Here is a link for the show www.motorcycleshows.com (http://www.motorcycleshows.com)

NancysToy
12-14-2010, 08:54 PM
Nice to see BRP represented at all the shows this year. I wish all manufacturers were, so good comparisons could be made.

We expect to go, and probably on Saturday, but I have to be fed well before that time. We wouldn't want my blood sugar to go "BOING!" Maybe we'll see you there, though.

dancogan
12-15-2010, 07:04 AM
I'll likely be there on Saturday, too. Last year I heard the show was pretty small and somewhat disappointing compared to prior years. I hope they are building it back up.

I always try to get there early because parking can be pretty tight.

NancysToy
12-15-2010, 08:29 AM
It has been shrinking, especially with the withdrawal of more and more manufacturers, as the economy continues to falter. The Chicago show has not suffered quite as much. Still, it is a great excuse to break away during the heart of a Michigan winter, even if only a dozen motorcycles are exhibited. Any excuse to think motorcycles in Michigan in the winter, is just as good as a flimsy excuse to ride during the summer.

dancogan
12-15-2010, 12:30 PM
... it is a great excuse to break away during the heart of a Michigan winter, even if only a dozen motorcycles are exhibited. Any excuse to think motorcycles in Michigan in the winter, is just as good as a flimsy excuse to ride during the summer.

:agree: I'd love to see some more of our Michigan friends there!

Littlebadwolf
12-15-2010, 12:42 PM
Cindi & I will be there. Looking forward to seeing everybody again.

SpyderAnn01
12-16-2010, 09:09 AM
I hope everyone will be able to come. Our plan is to go to the show early then meet for a late lunch after. So Scotty you could eat your early lunch and stop by the restaurant for a little snack or something warm to drink.

Rando
12-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Get your online-only $4 discount:
http://emailimages2.progressive.com/Images/4.0/images/img_spctrns.gif
1.Visit motorcycleshows.com (http://re.progressivedirect.com/?8490688764+4.0+H1).
2.Click on Buy Tickets.
3.Enter promo code: PROMI548.
4.Purchase your discounted ticket(s).

k3232668
12-16-2010, 08:49 PM
I would like to meet up but have to work saturday. Im going to the show on sunday, hopefully it will be better than the past few years. It has gone down each year for the past 3 or 4 years.
Its great to hear BRP will be there. For those that meet up saturday Be safe and have a good time, gonna miss seeing everyone.

SpyderAnn01
12-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Here are two promo codes for $5.00 savings SAVE5 or PC12MW. You buy online from same site as Rando's post.

Kelly sorry to hear you have to work that day. We'll miss you.

dancogan
12-17-2010, 08:26 AM
They just announced on the news that the facility has been renamed. It is no longer "Rock Financial" - now it's called the "Suburban Collection". Don't know if new signs will be up by the time of the show, but don't be surprised if you see the new name rather than the old.

NancysToy
12-17-2010, 09:09 AM
They just announced on the news that the facility has been renamed. It is no longer "Rock Financial" - now it's called the "Suburban Collection". Don't know if new signs will be up by the time of the show, but don't be surprised if you see the new name rather than the old.
Sounds like the local garbage company. :roflblack:

dancogan
12-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Sounds like the local garbage company. :roflblack:

Never thought of that, but you're right ...:roflblack:

Here's the real scoop: "The Suburban Collection sells and services 29 automobile brands in 26 retail locations throughout Michigan and South Florida. These dealerships provide comprehensive services, including sales of both new (http://www.suburbancollection.com/new-inventory/index.htm) and used (http://www.suburbancollection.com/used-inventory/index.htm) cars and light trucks, sales of replacement parts (http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=215564), performance of vehicle … (http://www.suburbancollection.com/service/index.htm)read more" (http://www.suburbancollection.com/index.htm?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.suburbancollection.com%2F&rct=j&q=suburban%20collection&ei=h7ULTZq0BMupnQeQvpSjDg&usg=AFQjCNEugIl0RvA2LZv-_PyJl-11NIuBTA&sig2=bTZKz8eVppAdDed3mkig9g#)

Firefly
12-18-2010, 12:39 AM
I plan on going to the show too---was not sure which day--- will try and make it sat and meet up with you all.

Anyone up for ryding to the show?

SpyderAnn01
12-20-2010, 11:11 PM
I'll ride if it is above 40 and not snowing or raining.

Hey what happened to Someguy? Did he get lost dropping the kids at the pool or what?

SpyderSteve
12-20-2010, 11:14 PM

Hey what happened to Someguy? Did he get lost dropping the kids at the pool or what? :lecturef_smilie:

NancysToy
12-21-2010, 06:49 AM
...and the tooth fairy rides on the back. :roflblack:

What kind of Michigan winter would that be?

Some Guy
12-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Hey what happened to Someguy? Did he get lost dropping the kids at the pool or what?

You know me...I fell into the pool! :yikes:

I may ryde to the show...but not if it's snowing or raining...temps don't bother me much...LAYERS!!!

Firefly
01-03-2011, 11:20 PM
You know me...I fell into the pool! :yikes:

I may ryde to the show...but not if it's snowing or raining...temps don't bother me much...LAYERS!!!

Heck-- as much of a klutz as you are-- you probably FELL into the pool WITH the kids! :roflblack:

Littlebadwolf
01-04-2011, 06:28 AM
Cindi & I aren't going to be able to make this one...My son & his wife just had thier first baby girl, born yesterday, so I'm a Grand Dad again. Will be leaving Friday for 5 days for some family bonding. See you folks at the next adventure. Larry

dancogan
01-04-2011, 07:04 AM
Cindi & I aren't going to be able to make this one...My son & his wife just had thier first baby girl, born yesterday, so I'm a Grand Dad again. Will be leaving Friday for 5 days for some family bonding. See you folks at the next adventure. Larry

:congrats: That's great news! Nothing is as much fun as being a grandparent ... and handing a crying baby back to its parent! :roflblack:

NancysToy
01-04-2011, 07:50 AM
Congrats, Larry! Enjoy the visit with the family and the new addition.

SpyderAnn01
01-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Congrats on the new baby. Sorry we will miss you.

NancysToy
01-07-2011, 10:17 PM
The pressure tank on our well blew last night. I fixed it, but blew out my knee in the process. Shoveling the drive strained my back. Today the furnace quit, so I got to abuse both parts a little more while I monkeyed with that. Everything is up and running now...except me, but we will be at the show tomorrow bright and early. Not sure how long I'll last. I was thinking about getting a new Arai helmet, but the pressure tank thinned my wallet. Guess the Scorpion will last me another year. C ya there!

SpyderAnn01
01-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Scotty it sounds like you need a break and maybe a winning lottery ticket. We'll be looking for you tomorrow.

Firefly
01-10-2011, 04:10 PM
Sorry Tina and I couldn't make it -- Friday night was a late night and with the roads we just didn't want to do the 4 hour trip it would have been there and back.

Another time when things are nicer for sure!

Hope you all had a good time.

NancysToy
01-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Sorry Tina and I couldn't make it -- Friday night was a late night and with the roads we just didn't want to do the 4 hour trip it would have been there and back.

Maybe the IMS @ Chicago? :dontknow:

SpyderAnn01
01-10-2011, 06:24 PM

We missed you but we did have a good time. BRP wasn't at the show but they had 2 or 3 dealers with several Spyders each. We got the new accessories catalog and saw the new Magnesium RT (nice) and Orangish RS (not my fav) models. We'll see you sometime down the road.

NancysToy
01-10-2011, 06:46 PM
We missed you but we did have a good time. BRP wasn't at the show but they had 2 or 3 dealers with several Spyders each. We got the new accessories catalog and saw the new Magnesium RT (nice) and Orangish RS (not my fav) models. We'll see you sometime down the road.
I agree about the colors. Raw Magnesium is not a very complimentary name for such an elegant color! I had to think long and hard about not changing the order for my 2011 to that beautiful dark silver. I'd like the copper color RSS better if it was glossy rather than flat (and lumpy)...and the black panels would look classier in gloss, too. Maybe clearcoat should be a dealer option. :joke:

SpyderAnn01
01-10-2011, 10:17 PM
I haven't seen the red RT in person yet but I really liked the Magnesium. Is the red flat or glossy? I would love one in white but I wouldn't want the SE. Someday down the road when I win the lottery or find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow I'll think about getting mine painted a different color.

NancysToy
01-10-2011, 10:36 PM
I haven't seen the red RT in person yet but I really liked the Magnesium. Is the red flat or glossy? I would love one in white but I wouldn't want the SE. Someday down the road when I win the lottery or find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow I'll think about getting mine painted a different color.
Red is glossy. All the RTs are. I haven't seen one myself. I was hoping there would be one at Novi. The white is probably great in person. I didn't like the Pearl White RSS until I saw one up close, but wow! Not sure I would want a white one any more than I want another black one, though.

It was nice to see the new windshield and deflectors up close, along with a 2010 for comparison. I liked the wind protection on my 2010, so I'm not sure how I will like the new windshield in this climate. Shorter is good, although I am tall enough to see over the 2010 model until raised about half way (if I don't slouch). Narrower will be something to evaluate in a cold Spring rain. I can always switch to a taller or wider model or one of the ESI units later, or trade someone who lives down South. The more angled and more rounded deflectors look like they will help cut down the backdraft. I suspect more than one 2010 owner will retrofit them. Evaluating the revised shocks will require some riding. Of course the snow and ice will have to leave Michigan first.

If all the interest at the show was any indication, the Spyders should continue to sell well in 2011. Too bad the salespeople in the Can-Am display weren't really answering questions or working the crowd.

SpyderAnn01
01-11-2011, 09:09 AM
I agree on the salespeople. I was working the crowd! I spoke to several people who were very interested and I think they appreciated talking to an owner over a salesperson.

NancysToy
01-11-2011, 12:59 PM
:ohyea: Last I heard BRP will be at the Chicago Show! :yes:
Nancy doesn't really want to do Chicago. It is a 3.5 hour drive each way for us...without potty breaks. There is a charter bus from here, but she has had too many bus rides as the senior class advisor and as a Boy Scout leader, I guess. Not sure if I want to go alone, but if some friends go, I might be up for the ordeal. February isn't good for anything else up here in the north.

dancogan
01-11-2011, 08:39 PM
... Too bad the salespeople in the Can-Am display weren't really answering questions or working the crowd.

You noticed that, too? It was the same attitude as the guys who had the demo truck in Cement City. They certainly aren't salespeople, but I was happy to get the 2011 gear and bike catalogues.

Rando
01-12-2011, 05:29 AM
Thanks to the show, we found out that Rosenau Power Sports (http://rosenaupowersports.net/) is the newest Michigan Spyder dealership!