PDA

View Full Version : Lowering kit??

dewie
12-08-2010, 10:56 PM
I have a 09 se5. Are there any kinda lowering kits or a make shift way to do it ? I'm in a wheelchair so transferring on and off the bike would be much easier if it was even 2" lower. And it would look bad ass. I know it would slightley effect the handling but I don't push the bike hard enough to feel the change.

BajaRon
12-08-2010, 11:01 PM
I have a 09 se5. Are there any kinda lowering kits or a make shift way to do it ? I'm in a wheelchair so transferring on and off the bike would be much easier if it was even 2" lower. And it would look bad ass. I know it would slightley effect the handling but I don't push the bike hard enough to feel the change.

Not sure I'd want the Spyder any lower, especially in front. You're going to be hitting things with the nose.

I would think air shocks all around might be the trick, with a remote. You could lower it almost to the ground to get on and then back up to ride hight.

Best of both worlds!

Firefly
12-08-2010, 11:02 PM

http://www.kewlmetalstore.com/

Sells a rear air-adjustable shock with on-bike compressor that can lower the rear quite a bit.