PDA

View Full Version : I MUST ADMIT

tatt2r
12-06-2010, 08:51 PM
last week when i rode dee's spyder home from dealer i notice a big difference in the amount of wind going through my helmet ... she uses a C.H.A.D windshield from ESI products and as much as i hate windshields i think maybe next winter i might invest in one even if it's just for the really cold season ... i'm leaving work now on my spyder and i know by the time i get home my face will feel like it's going to shatter from the cold .... i do use a full face flip helmet but still get some air leaking in ... when i rode her spyder it eliminated about 90% of the wind coming into my helmet ... so from someone who hates windshields if you are doing any winter riding in the cold my suggestion would be to spend the money and get the C.H.A.D from ESI products... it's worth the investment...:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

ataDude
12-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Oh, my... is the world is coming to an end? :roflblack:

last week when i rode dee's spyder home from dealer i notice a big difference in the amount of wind going through my helmet ... she uses a C.H.A.D windshield from ESI products and as much as i hate windshields i think maybe next winter i might invest in one even if it's just for the really cold season ... i'm leaving work now on my spyder and i know by the time i get home my face will feel like it's going to shatter from the cold .... i do use a full face flip helmet but still get some air leaking in ... when i rode her spyder it eliminated about 90% of the wind coming into my helmet ... so from someone who hates windshields if you are doing any winter riding in the cold my suggestion would be to spend the money and get the C.H.A.D from ESI products... it's worth the investment...:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

BajaRon
12-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Somebody quick! Check his medication!

DynamoBT
12-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Never thought I would see the day. nojoke :doorag:

NancysToy
12-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Say it isn't so! :yikes:

BajaRon
12-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Say it isn't so! :yikes:

That was a great line! No one's even sure it ever happened!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex3rFlSr33I

docdoru
12-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Must be related to Ancient Mayans Dec 21 2012. .... End Of The World As We Know It...:shocked::shocked:

GeminiJane
12-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Oh my! Before you go off the deep end, though, gotta ask you...do you wear a neck muffler thingie? (That's a technical term.) I know you ride way more than most of us in cold weather, but years ago I bought a Sherpa fleece neck collar it makes a ton of difference in blocking air drafts from going up into your helmet. I wear one of the thin fleece buffs open on both ends pulled over my head and up over my chin that gets tucked into the collar of my jacket but that's thin enough to fit under my helmet. Then I pull just a 6" fleece tube over the collar of my jacket so that when my helmet gets pulled on, it seals the air leaks all around the bottom. I have made a ton of them out of different colors of fleece and make coordinating "bibs" that give me an extra layer of warmth under the front zipper where it seems you always feel a bit of an air leak. I ride a stock windshield and this combination keeps me warm and toasty.

Lamonster
12-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Don't you hate getting old? :roflblack:

bjt
12-06-2010, 10:38 PM
:hun: :shocked: I never expected to see this topic started by tatt2r, ever. :shocked:

DynamoBT
12-06-2010, 10:56 PM
I gotta say, Jamie that it took a lot of guts on your part to start this thread, knowing full well you were going to take a ribbing!! I can't believe you were out in the dark ryding home this evening. The wind was brutal. And it was freezing to begin with. :bowdown: I don't know how you do it!

BajaRon
12-06-2010, 11:03 PM
I gotta say, Jamie that it took a lot of guts on your part to start this thread, knowing full well you were going to take a ribbing!! I can't believe you were out in the dark ryding home this evening. The wind was brutal. And it was freezing to begin with. :bowdown: I don't know how you do it!

Once your face freezes it doesn't hurt anymore until you try to thaw it out! :yikes:

dltang
12-06-2010, 11:45 PM
Oh my! Before you go off the deep end, though, gotta ask you...do you wear a neck muffler thingie? (That's a technical term.) I know you ride way more than most of us in cold weather, but years ago I bought a Sherpa fleece neck collar it makes a ton of difference in blocking air drafts from going up into your helmet. I wear one of the thin fleece buffs open on both ends pulled over my head and up over my chin that gets tucked into the collar of my jacket but that's thin enough to fit under my helmet. Then I pull just a 6" fleece tube over the collar of my jacket so that when my helmet gets pulled on, it seals the air leaks all around the bottom. I have made a ton of them out of different colors of fleece and make coordinating "bibs" that give me an extra layer of warmth under the front zipper where it seems you always feel a bit of an air leak. I ride a stock windshield and this combination keeps me warm and toasty.

Hey Jane, the technical term you are looking for is Turtle Fur :D

Some Guy
12-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Oh, my... is the world is coming to an end? :roflblack:

Hmm...I think you're capitalizing on the "world coming to an end" thing...remember the delivery date for the "Sidekick"?!

My Spyder still tips over in my driveway while I wait!!!

:D

Raptor
12-07-2010, 12:41 AM
I just picked up an Anti-Freeze Belaclava. But I can't wear it yet because this thing is WARM!! I tried it in 42 degrees and I thought I was gonna roast! I'm tellin ya, this thing kicks butt!! It will come in handy though when it actually gets cold.

Tatt2r. you gotta do what you gotta do dude! I say go with what works. Sounds like you found something good there. :thumbup:

MouthPiece
12-07-2010, 07:15 AM
Next thing we'll hear about is "bunny slippers".

mooneych
12-07-2010, 08:14 AM
I just picked up an Anti-Freeze Belaclava. But I can't wear it yet because this thing is WARM!! I tried it in 42 degrees and I thought I was gonna roast! I'm tellin ya, this thing kicks butt!! It will come in handy though when it actually gets cold. :thumbup:

Just bought one of these. I wear it under my full face helmet and its wonderful.
http://www.skichalet.com/Spyder_Men_s_Shelter_Balaclava_p/2175064823919.htm

tatt2r
12-07-2010, 10:07 AM
Must be related to Ancient Mayans Dec 21 2012. .... End Of The World As We Know It...:shocked::shocked:

o boy doc my birthday is dec 20th ....i will be 51 the mayans knew i was thinking about a windshield thats why the calender ends on that date ....:popcorn:
and yes lamont does suck to get old ....
but ...on the other hand the 2011 RT is looking good also ....
and i've done all the neck stuff the flip helmets (and i have several )all seem to leak some air in .... and i find the solid one a bit too confining .... and no matter what i do i have to say i still hate the look of the "uncut toenail"

Lamonster
12-07-2010, 10:14 AM
:roflblack:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=118&pictureid=822

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=118&pictureid=821

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=118&pictureid=820

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=118&pictureid=819

tatt2r
12-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Just bought one of these. I wear it under my full face helmet and its wonderful.
http://www.skichalet.com/Spyder_Men_s_Shelter_Balaclava_p/2175064823919.htm
there is are ski shops on both sides of me and that thing does have a spyder on it ... thanks for the price it's worth a try ... and i can save the cool look of my spyder and my pride :roflblack::ohyea:

NancysToy
12-07-2010, 12:22 PM
there is are ski shops on both sides of me and that thing does have a spyder on it ... thanks for the price it's worth a try ... and i can save the cool look of my spyder and my pride :roflblack::ohyea:
.....and the barf on the backside of your "uncut toenail". :D