PDA

View Full Version : who is still riding?

SethO
12-06-2010, 03:16 AM
still getting to work and back everyday there is not more than 3 inchs of snow on the road.

anyone else driving around.

effgjamis
12-06-2010, 04:53 AM
We are, those of us living or are in Florida... even at 40 degrees.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

groundeffect
12-06-2010, 05:48 AM
still getting to work and back everyday there is not more than 3 inchs of snow on the road.

anyone else driving around.

Hey Seth. I'm not in Minnesota, but I'm still riding every day. Although there was a pretty heavy snow fall last week which kept me off the roads. Just way to slippery with 4 inches of snow on the roads before the plows came out. Once they went by it was ok.

Cheers from Newfoundland and be safe out there on the white stuff.
Dean

fastfraser
12-06-2010, 06:51 AM
:mad: Not me ! Parked til spring ,snow and salt on the roads til March . Although Tronto International Motercycle show starts Friday,hope to see the 2011 Spyders there .

dancogan
12-06-2010, 07:14 AM
Weekend riding is about all I do this time of year. I want to be able to see any icy patches in the road ... and it's just too danged cold at night! Thank goodness for heated gear.

Questions
12-06-2010, 07:42 AM
:2thumbs: Here in Perth, Western Australia we are fortunate that we can ride all year round, but this is now the start of Summer, so it may get a bit warm at times (February around 40 degrees C).

This weekend we are off to Augusta, 320km south, for a toy-run which runs 95km to Busselton,
(Is the the longest toy-run for motorcycles in the world?)
then a 228km return ride to Perth. So all up 640km.

regards
Al

LittleJohn
12-06-2010, 08:14 AM
Still ridin in TX.

Roger
12-06-2010, 08:46 AM
I rode saturday 35 degrees plus windchill basically it was ok but i had the wrong gloves on. :yikes:

BumbleBee
12-06-2010, 02:24 PM
I rode saturday 35 degrees plus windchill basically it was ok but i had the wrong gloves on. :yikes:

Same here, 34 degrees yesterday with a wind chill of 18 :yikes:

We frooze our behinds off is what we did.
But yes, we are still out there. :D

Slybird
12-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Still ryding here in Portland, Oregon. Sometimes wet, sometimes cool but, overall, good year-round ryding. As a matter of fact, I'll be with the Patriot Guards this afternoon honoring a fallen Hero.

ARtraveler
12-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Not me: I parked mine on October 15th in the garage at my new house. I figured it would snow around moving day (Oct 29th) and I was right--It snowed ON moving day. I definately would not think of riding my two-wheeler in the snow--and would be tempted to ride Spyder---but have not---because I am not confident about what the drivers around me will do. In Alaska, most people drive pickups and SUV's. The thought of one of those running into me or running me off the road--is just a little more chance than I am willing to take. I will be driving in late March--the usual time when the snow melts off the road. Actually this year, I am guessing it will be more like mid March instead of late--because I got off the side of the mountain, and don't have to wait for the ice to melt from my curvy steep driveway. The new driveway is straight and has a slight incline that I can deal with. Im still in a secluded place, with woods around me, but I hopefully can drive my Spyder earlier next season. Time will tell. Seth is definately a brave sport.

tatt2r
12-06-2010, 03:38 PM
still riding here in Mass/NH

Blue Star
12-06-2010, 04:24 PM
and back last week (11/30 to 12/5) and did not see a single Spyder on the road.

Big Bird
12-06-2010, 05:46 PM
I have the gear for it, but I'm in the middle of installing a 2" riser on the handle bars and trying to figure out the best place to put my new Nuvi 265T I got for Christmas... and a few finishing up details on my power port install.. Glenn:shemademe_smilie::ohyea::ani29::trike::2exci ted:

Paula(Butch2025)
12-06-2010, 06:01 PM
I am still riding to work every day in North Branch Minn And I drive the plow trucks so I am out before the plows are out. How much snow do you have Seth?

bruceofthebronx
12-06-2010, 06:11 PM
The right gear and dry roads, I'm gonna try for year round. Y'all be safe, hear.

pierrelogic
12-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Still ryding and plan to all Winter depending on the deep pow and ice. Wind chills got down to 4 above zero on the way home tonight. I've opted for the snowmobile gear at this point. Toasty while on the road..but cold walking into work from the parking lot. :roflblack:

Actually very impressed thus far with the Kumho Ecsta AST (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Ecsta+AST) back tire. It doesn't have a lot of grip in the snow but enough to keep me on the road thus far. Running 35-40 PSI.

Neez
12-06-2010, 06:33 PM
I'm ryding. We generally get some nice ryding days in every month in south west BC. Get a lot of rain, too. Take the good with the bad, I guess.

groundeffect
12-06-2010, 06:38 PM
The right gear and dry roads, I'm gonna try for year round. Y'all be safe, hear.
:thumbup:

JJW SpyderRider
12-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Still riding to work when back home. Lows of 25 and high winds. Ordered handle bar muffs for lower temperatures. :ohyea:

napper39
12-06-2010, 07:28 PM
still riding when atleast 50,last sat not bad:spyder:

SethO
12-07-2010, 02:16 AM
I am still riding to work every day in North Branch Minn And I drive the plow trucks so I am out before the plows are out. How much snow do you have Seth?

got about a foot of snow, the roads are icy as snot in areas, the sand bags are helping out. I finally hit triples on the run to work yesterday, too many variables before that. Once we get a day that gets about 20f I think it will get the roads black again. I am riding at 630pm and 6am so it pretty much the coldest times of the day/

I can believe there are this many northern people riding I would have put this on the normal area.

Glad forest got in on this, 40 in the morning maybe, you FL riders are smart to live down there.

Black OPS 1
12-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Still riding in Oklahoma except when wind gusts 30 - 40 mph.:2thumbs:

bikeguy
12-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Rode Saturday, Sunday, and Monday with temps between mid 40's and mid 60's. Actually some very nice riding days.

Seth, you and tatt2r and Groundeffect and others that ride in those conditions amaze me. I have ridden in the mid 30's and froze my tail off and I have ridden dirt bikes in a few inches of snow. But just the thought of riding a street bike in below freezing temps with snow on the roads scares me to death. Y'all are truly in a class by yourselves.

Cotton

NorthStar
12-07-2010, 04:14 PM
The snow is falling heavily about an hour up the 401, but other than temperatures hovering around 30 degrees F the roads are still clear here and I am still riding.

Plan on a three hour drive up the 401 to Toronto on Friday if the temperature is above 30 degrees and there is no snow forecasted for the snow belt area around London Ontario.

Spyder#353
12-07-2010, 04:29 PM
I rode yesterday. This morning 40* high 50's w/wind for the rest of this week and next week. Then back to normal 70* 80*:yes:

SethO
12-07-2010, 07:39 PM
the snow tire issue ran into a snag of not having the bead be able to be seated. Still working on it but they place is closed right now.

so I did not ride today.

Barbary
12-07-2010, 07:59 PM
We are, those of us living or are in Florida... even at 40 degrees.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

:agree:

Dudley
12-07-2010, 10:30 PM
You guys up North are tough as they come. My rule is that if it's cold enough to need heated gear, then it's too cold. But here in Southern-most California, want to guess if I am still riding??? Was in 60s and 70s today. Kjen and I took a leisure ride in the mountains. About 70 miles of mostly 3rd gear and 35-40 mph. Did a lot of gazing and stopping and pics. Just a totally fun day.

Kjen
12-07-2010, 11:12 PM
I don't like the cold, but we ride at least 5 days a week. After the first 50 or so miles of windy mountain riding things usually get better and then I can begin to enjoy the ride; just have to remind myself to relax and DON'T shiver. We went Sunrise Hwy to Julian for apple pie and coffee today. Such a lovely, meandering road with little traffic; retirement is great for doing things midweek thus avoiding clutter on the roads. The weather was clear and valley overlooks were awesome; visibility for miles-I'll try to get my pictures off the camera at some point.

SethO
12-09-2010, 12:50 AM
got to put my spyder back together but now the roads are getting black again so I can start having more fun.

I am playing roughly a trip january/febuary for 10 days to new mexico and arizona got a friend in serria vista. if anyone is around those areas for a good spirited ride.

GA-SPYDER
12-09-2010, 09:03 PM
But, getting ready to do the winter tear down/changes. Getting rid of the passenger pegs and brackets, fab a new muffler hanger mount, and get some parts powder coated. Will have to switch over to the M109.

Oldmanzues
12-09-2010, 09:55 PM
I rode last Wensday on a PGR mission. Did not look at the tempeture, but the snow storm was nice.
OldManZues

SethO
12-09-2010, 11:11 PM
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Firestone&tireModel=Winterforce&partnum=16SR5FWF&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

this tire I ordered after being mildly upset about being hung up.

I will tell everyone I did learn that if you can not make it up a hill try going up backwards, I got a ton more traction in 3'' of snow in reverse.

MoonChaser213
12-09-2010, 11:34 PM
gETS Pretty cold where i live in Fl. I need some chaps and other winter gear. My spyder is fixed and ready to roll. All I need is a day off!!, How much time does it take to get ready toroll in the morning? Seth?

SethO
12-10-2010, 03:14 AM
gETS Pretty cold where i live in Fl. I need some chaps and other winter gear. My spyder is fixed and ready to roll. All I need is a day off!!, How much time does it take to get ready toroll in the morning? Seth?

I park in the garage so it takes me just the 2 minutes to get rolling on my bike and they is just ot get the wheelchair on and off.

its slower than before I was hurt and takes a little more planning but you can do it.

SethO
12-31-2010, 04:38 AM
anyone out today and tomorrow has bigger stones than I do, but when the snow clears off in a few days anyone else still on the road?

Big Bird
12-31-2010, 09:51 AM
We had a good dusting of snow... but all the roads are clear. just as soon as I finish the power port and 2" risers, I'll be cutin' some assfault...
Glenn:2thumbs::clap:

Littlebadwolf
12-31-2010, 09:55 AM
Riding today...roads are clear...50 degrees but more snow in the forecast. I don't put my bikes up for winter at all.

napper39
12-31-2010, 10:04 AM
we had a heat wave yesterday thusday it was 69 and i was out riding for sure,but today its raning and 32,never know what kansas weather will be from day to day,but ill ride if it gets up to atleast 40 ,hope every body gets in some riding from time to time ,it sure gets to be a drag when you cant.:clap:

JJW SpyderRider
12-31-2010, 10:15 AM
Still riding Seth whenever the roads are dry. Big warm trend today, suppose to get to 53 F. Very foggy as the 12" of snow melts. Went on a 3 hour 120 mile run on Wednesday 20-30 F. Roads were good exept for a 1/4 mile of drifting snow over the road. Nanny did her job when needed. Back end of GS slid to the right and left full swing :yikes: but the front kept straight. If I was on a two wheeler I would have had to push past this snow. I was 7 miles down the road and could not turn back at that point. I do plan to go out today at some point while it's warm. :yes::yes::yes:

cliffm4
12-31-2010, 10:39 AM
I am still riding here in central Texas. wahooooo. I love my RT.:f_spider:

pierrelogic
12-31-2010, 10:49 AM
The snow cover has finally melted away so the Spyder is out of the back yard and back on the road. :D None too soon with gas prices well over $3 a gallon and headed north.

Barbary
01-01-2011, 09:38 PM

:agree::yes:

2WCKED
01-01-2011, 10:05 PM
As long as the roads are clear, I'm on 'em! :D