PDA

View Full Version : So excited!!!

DynamoBT
12-02-2010, 09:33 PM
I'm finally going to get to do some mods on my Spyder!!!:yes:
Already on order the Evoluzione Sway Bar!!:ohyea:

Now deciding whether to order the Givi V46 case through ESI so I can get the Yellow color panel through them too. Whoever I get the case from, I will also be getting the backrest, and brake light kit!! :2thumbs:

Believe I will go through the Spyder dealer who is also a Givi dealer to get the SR770 mounting plate. They are also a source for the top case, obviously. But, I don't see anyone with the matching Yellow panel other than ESI. This could be the deciding factor.

From BRP I will be adding the Passenger Footpeg Extensions. :thumbup:

In process of deciding about the ESI Up and Out Mirror Extensions.

But all this is more than I had ever hoped for. So, I am one happy camper!! I decided against the BRP Sportrack and Backrest combo. Too limiting. With the Give case I can get a backrest and a topcase in one go for a total of less money.

Anyone with advice as I go forward to decide on the Givi case and where I will get it? I know there is so much other there aftermarket for the Spyder now. I have to keep my purchasing modest at this point. This season coming will be my first one back after hip replacment. I want these additions to make traveling safe and comfortable for my husband and provide me with better handling two up. I can't get all "gung-ho" without more miles to essentially prove myself under my belt. But, I will be happy getting these things!! ;)

SpyderGirl
12-02-2010, 10:07 PM
I too opted for the GIVI case instead of a backrest... it was cheaper and I have a place to stash two full face helmets and other things. I purchased the E55 (Tech) case.

And Reggy with TricLED has made running/brake lights that go on the E55 case. :)

(still need to take pictures.....)

Littlebadwolf
12-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Spend some of your money on a set of RT shocks to go with that swaybar...Will be some of your money well spent.

DynamoBT
12-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Spend some of your money on a set of RT shocks to go with that swaybar...Will be some of your money well spent.

Dare I ask how much those would run me??

Littlebadwolf
12-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Got my set thru the dealer...$202.00 with my discount of 15%

pjp623
12-03-2010, 07:40 AM
:2thumbs: The sway bar annd up and out mirrors will make a huge difference for you in enjoying your Spyder. I would be sure to install the passenger pegs before the bags--much easier that way.
Also, you can never have enough lights--see Evan and Reggy for some great ideas. Good luck.

DynamoBT
12-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Well, it seems that my hope of getting the GIVI V46 topcase with a yellow panel in it isn't likely to happen. Magic Man says they are continually on backorder so much so that it seems that they don't exist. So that kind of deflates my sails a bit. But, whatever.

The Spyder dealer who I am going to go to is also a GIVI dealer. So, I'm sure we'll come up with something. I want a backrest on the Spyder and it seems ridiculous to spend so much for the BRP backrest option when all you have in the end is a backrest with a rack that doesn't even have spots to tie things down on it. I don't understand why this is. Call me naive or ignorant or confused. But, I don't get it.

There's another company out with a rack that allows interchangable pieces that mount on it. I've got to find that and see if that will solve the problem. I think they are a sponsor. So I should be able to find them. This, "mods" thing, I find to be very complicated. I get easily frustrated. But it should be so hard to mount a topcase on the Spyder. I should not. My opinion. My opinion. Maybe this stuff all comes easily to the rest of you. It's a maze to me. I have gotten lost so many times, it's why I haven't done much up till now. Oh well.

SpyderWolf
12-03-2010, 01:13 PM
:congrats: and best of luck with your new mods.

ISCI is also a Givi dealer, and they have a pretty nice setup on their show Spyder that was in Daytona for Biketoberfest.

The other company you may be thinking about is Road Krome I believe. I may have spelled it wrong, but there are quite a few people who have gone with their products and are happy with them as well.

DynamoBT
12-03-2010, 02:33 PM
KewlMetal is who I was thinking about. But when I totaled up their base rack and all the adapter plates that needed to be mounted on top of that to finally be able to put a V46 topcase on it, I just about croaked. Forget the little backrest pad for the case or brake lights......

Man, this stuff is expensive. I honestly need someone to hold my hand through this. And my husband, who knows nothing about the Spyder or accessories, is no help. I am nearly defeated by all this. :gaah:

I honestly don't know what I'm doing now. :helpsmilie:

DragonSpyder
12-03-2010, 02:47 PM
I have found even for shorter riders that risers make a huge difference in leverage, cornering, and comfort.

I 2nd the mirror extensions as well.

A Larger windshield also makes the ride more enjoyable. The adjustable ones are nice if you need to cool off when it gets hot.

Aftermarket rear tire makes for a smoother ride for sure. I hear aftermarket in the front is a huge improvement as well but mine are good till 50K at least.

Aftermarket seat and floorboards/relocated pegs would be nice too. On my wish list...

If your into performance you may look into a race intake, exhaust, and fuel controller. The intake and exhaust make the machine more driveable on the low end and more fun on the top!

fastfraser
12-03-2010, 02:58 PM
:congrats: On your mods ! The sway bar makes a world of difference, one of my best mods and you will not be disappointed with the ESI up and out mirror extensions as for the Givi top case just order the plain one and put the yellow cover plates on when they finally become available .

SpyderWolf
12-03-2010, 05:56 PM
KewlMetal is who I was thinking about. But when I totaled up their base rack and all the adapter plates that needed to be mounted on top of that to finally be able to put a V46 topcase on it, I just about croaked. Forget the little backrest pad for the case or brake lights......

Man, this stuff is expensive. I honestly need someone to hold my hand through this. And my husband, who knows nothing about the Spyder or accessories, is no help. I am nearly defeated by all this. :gaah:

I honestly don't know what I'm doing now. :helpsmilie:

It can definitely be a little overwhelming with all of the options available out there. I went with the BRP Sport Rack and Backrest, as at the time I was really only concerned with getting a back rest for my wife. Of course now she has her own Spyder, and my back rest rarely ever has a back against it even though I leave it on the Spyder all the time. In this case, you need to figure out what you want, and then someone on here will be able to guide you in that direction. I don't know anything about back rests beyond the BRP one at this point.

I think ISCI might also be working on a way to mount a Givi trunk to the BRP Sport Rack plate. If they do then that will be a very good alternative for people like me who currently never use that plate.

DynamoBT
12-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Went with the RoadKrome Max Backrest with Classic rack. Hubby liked the price. Got it from Sport Demon.

Not a topcase. But, that's how it is. At least I have something I can tie a bag to if I ever travel overnight. I'll go with the soft sidebags by Nelson Rigg if I ever need bags. Yeah, not the classiest look on the planet. But, functional. Strap a waterproof bag on the back and I'll be good to go anywhere.

SpyderWolf
12-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Went with the RoadKrome Max Backrest with Classic rack. Hubby liked the price. Got it from Sport Demon.

Not a topcase. But, that's how it is. At least I have something I can tie a bag to if I ever travel overnight. I'll go with the soft sidebags by Nelson Rigg if I ever need bags. Yeah, not the classiest look on the planet. But, functional. Strap a waterproof bag on the back and I'll be good to go anywhere.

That should work. When you order the NR bags, make sure you tell them it is for a Spyder and they should give you the extension straps for free. :thumbup:

DynamoBT
12-03-2010, 07:44 PM
So, Christmas is coming early!!

On order:

Evoluzione Sway Bar
ESI Up and Out Mirror Extensions
BRP Passenger Footpeg Extensions from Central Cycle in FL
RoadKrome Max Backrest, Backrest mount and Classic rack from Sport Demon

I am a happy girl!! :D

SpyderWolf
12-05-2010, 05:53 PM
:2thumbs: and :congrats:

That sounds like a very nice Christmas list indeed.

DynamoBT
12-05-2010, 06:50 PM
:D

I do see posts on the RT shocks like the one today from SSG Bean. I know they would help the ryde even more than the Evo sway bar alone.

All good things in time!!

Lunar Rover
12-25-2010, 10:17 PM
Anyone with advice as I go forward to decide on the Givi case and where I will get it? I know there is so much other there aftermarket for the Spyder now. I have to keep my purchasing modest at this point. This season coming will be my first one back after hip replacment. I want these additions to make traveling safe and comfortable for my husband and provide me with better handling two up. I can't get all "gung-ho" without more miles to essentially prove myself under my belt. But, I will be happy getting these things!! ;)

I have the V46 GIVI case whereas my wife has the E55. The E55 is larger and has actual hinges so it will stay open without holding up the lid. I also think that it's more attractive with its gloss black accents. But, since I have the phantom kit, the V46's muted styling matched better for me. For you, I'd get the E55.

I also think you should get the tricLED rings in amber. If you haven't seen ads for those yet, they're LED modules that go around the headlights and foglights. They fit perfectly, are easy to install and look awesome. They come in white and amber. My wife and I have the white ones but I think the ambers would look great on your yellow Spyder.

Happy modding!

:2thumbs: