PDA

View Full Version : Reliability question

Harry Gilbert
11-30-2010, 05:40 PM
My wife is in love with the RT. I'm not completely sold on it yet, I like the concept. But.... I currently ride a Goldwing and would not hesitate to just jump on and take off cross country. 35K trouble free miles so far and don't think twice about taking off for a week or two at a time.
We're considering a purchase in March/April 2011 of a 2011RT.

So here's question: Would you feel comfortable taking off on a 6K-7K ride less than a month after buying? Not talking about seats or floorboards just mechanical reliability.

TIA

Lamonster
11-30-2010, 06:12 PM
I took just short of a 10,000 mile trip this year and have been cross country four times now on the Spyder and three of those times were by myself. I would have no problem doing it again. :doorag:

fastfraser
11-30-2010, 06:18 PM
:agree: 40,000 clicks on my 2009 SE5. Never left me stranded, mind you my longest trip was only 3,000 K but still very dependable .:thumbup:

MouthPiece
11-30-2010, 07:04 PM
I'll offer up perhaps not an opposing point of view from the other responses, but a different one. I'm very mechanical illterate (for lack of a better term). I know where the switch is to turn it on. Although I have had no problems whatsoever on my RT-S, I can't help but admit that I would have this sense of trepidation starting out on a long trip.

With that said, I would do it. I realize my limitations and I would plan for just about anything that might come up along the way. When I say plan, that would include, but not be limited to knowing my route and having a dad gum good idea where there would be dealerships nearby just in case. I have also become a member of AAA since I acquired my RT-S. I also would make a check list (done in another thread on this forum) of things that I might need. I could go on ad naseum.

The drift of what I'm saying is that although I would be nervous, that would not prevent me from embarking on a long trip. I would just have to plan more than many others on this forum.

Chris PE# 0004

Dudley
11-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Me wife (Jennifer, aka KJen) and I made a journey in the summer of 2009 on our 2008 SE5. We rode 13,624 miles in 7.5 weeks, from San Diego to Florida to Cape Cod to Nova Scotia, west to Niagara Falls, to Seattle, then down to San Diego. We had 13,000 miles on it when we left home. We rode 200 to 500 miles a day...blistering heat to temperatures in the 60s, and a couple of times in the rain. Never did the Spyder give us any issues...2 tail light bulbs and a license plate bulb, but I wouldn't consider that an issue. We left and rode on faith...no plans, no dealership listings, no route...just kinda pointed and lived each day as it came. We didn't even book any motels in advance because we had no clue where we would be at any given time. Would we do it the same way again? Most positively absolutely! Life is full of "what ifs" but if we hesitate because of them, we will miss out.
We purchased a 2010 RT in October (after riding over 43,000 miles on the SE5) and look forward to many trouble free miles on it also.

chris56
12-01-2010, 05:02 AM
today another wing-rider asked me exact the same
with 6000 mls on my RT now - serial Number 00064 - never a bigger problem (rear shock /antenna) - so if you order now everything should be "fully developed" - driving a spyder is (after some 100ets of miles) so "different" to the goldy .. I (and my wife!) would never change back
we drove one day nine hours over the alps here - descent off with a clear head ..

Gary Le Brocq
12-01-2010, 06:45 AM
Do not hesitate Buy the SPYDER RT.
I have the 2010 RT best vehicle I`ve aver had. Would consider going on long distances at any time.:2thumbs:

Bob Denman
12-01-2010, 08:02 AM
Just about anything being sold today that's got an engine and transmission in it should be considered to be pretty reliable; far more so than what was being foist upon us as little as 25 years ago.
Rotax engines have been around for a VERY long time and are pretty much bulletproof...(Docdoru's efforts really shouldn't count. :shocked:)
All of that having been said; The GoldWing has been around for 35 years of constant development and improvement... It's the best mileage-accumulator on two wheels. The Spyders are a new design that IMHO will prove to be a great innovation in the marketplace.
...And I'd take off tomorrow toward the setting sun if only I cold!

docdoru
12-01-2010, 08:49 AM
(Docdoru's efforts really shouldn't count. :shocked:)

:2thumbs::roflblack:

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/25AM.png?t=1291211418

Bob Denman
12-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Sorry Doc... You're just doing your best to find the limits... :thumbup:

Harry Gilbert
12-02-2010, 08:13 AM
I honestly expected the opposite response than what was posted. I may have to rethink my misgivings on the spyder. should be an interesting winter.

Thanks to all that replied.

BajaRon
12-02-2010, 09:54 AM
I'll offer up perhaps not an opposing point of view from the other responses, but a different one. I'm very mechanical illterate (for lack of a better term). I know where the switch is to turn it on. Although I have had no problems whatsoever on my RT-S, I can't help but admit that I would have this sense of trepidation starting out on a long trip.

With that said, I would do it. I realize my limitations and I would plan for just about anything that might come up along the way. When I say plan, that would include, but not be limited to knowing my route and having a dad gum good idea where there would be dealerships nearby just in case. I have also become a member of AAA since I acquired my RT-S. I also would make a check list (done in another thread on this forum) of things that I might need. I could go on ad naseum.

The drift of what I'm saying is that although I would be nervous, that would not prevent me from embarking on a long trip. I would just have to plan more than many others on this forum.

Chris PE# 0004

Anything can leave you stranded. Your most trusted vehicle can go Ka-Put. It is a mind set that you can deal with whatever comes down the pike that is the necessary source of confidence.

In this day of cell phones, GPS units, etc., there is little that cannot be overcome. Inconvenience and even hardship are part of what memories are made of. (not that we are out looking for those kinds of memories)

It has been helpful to be a rider for low-these many years. Taking long trips on a motorcycle in days gone by was a true test of abilities. I once pulled the transmission side case off my Honda 750 in the dirt, on the side of the road about 20 miles north of the Golden Gate bridge. The internal shifter mechanism had fallen appart, it was a Sunday morning and I was several hundred miles from home.

Ok, so not everyone can do that. But to be honest. I was very lucky. No matter how good you are there are breakdowns that you can't handle.

Life is an advententure. It may get you down, but don't forfeit your ability to enjoy it because something might happen. Be sure something will happen and you'll have stories to tell about the day it happened and how you got out of it.

It's the life of a biker! :D

Bob Denman
12-02-2010, 10:09 AM
:agree: :clap: :thumbup:

Neez
12-02-2010, 12:22 PM
BajaRon is right. Those who seek adventure accept that it sometimes comes with hardships, unwanted surprises and even dangers. Or you can stay home and play video games.

Bob Denman
12-02-2010, 12:38 PM
It's the life of a biker... :2thumbs:

If you think of "setbacks" as "adventures" or "learning experiences", it really makes them seem less intimidating!
Besides... How else will you find out how loud it is when a June-Bug smacks your visor :shocked: at 65mph? Certainly not by staying safe indoors... :D

Lamonster
12-02-2010, 12:41 PM
BajaRon is right. Those who seek adventure accept that it sometimes comes with hardships, unwanted surprises and even dangers. Or you can stay home and play video games.
If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room. :thumbup:

BajaRon
12-02-2010, 01:31 PM
It's the life of a biker... :2thumbs:

If you think of "setbacks" as "adventures" or "learning experiences", it really makes them seem less intimidating!
Besides... How else will you find out how loud it is when a June-Bug smacks your visor :shocked: at 65mph? Certainly not by staying safe indoors... :D

Exactly!

No one wants to break down or have issues. You think I enjoy being stuck? No more than you do, believe me.

So, maybe you don't want to set out on a long trip with a machine that has proven it is unreliable. (though I've done that too!)

But not trusting something, and being unreliable are not necessarily the same thing.

It never ceases to amaze me that a person will not ride their trouble free Spyder because someone else had a problem.

So, take the bus!!! They NEVER break down.. Right!?

Do you FLY!??? - Heaven forbid, but what's to say that you're not riding on the next 911?

Have you taken a CRUISE!??? - How are you going to enjoy it wringing your hands about what happeded to the Titanic?

Do what you can to plan and prepare for problems. And then have a great time! If something happens (and you can plan on that), then just deal with it.

I am reminded of some poor guy that had to take a claw hammer to his very expensive, beautifully well mainted Bush Tec trailer.... He was not only prepared tool wise... But he was also mentally prepared to do what had to be done. And that is the difference between being stuck and working your way out of a jam.

It's 90% mind set, 10% luck, and it can all be 100% fun... after enough time has gone by that is.

My humble advise... ENJOY YOUR SPYDER and the great people who ride them with you. It doesn't get any better than that.

Or, stay at home and wonder what might have been...

murphybrown
12-02-2010, 01:52 PM
I am totally NOT mechanical...but refused to allow myself to sit home and veg (which soon will lead to rot!!!)...I jumped on my new RT with a bad digital screen...but my motto is life (some describe as sh%$) happens...so have a plan just in case and if not have a good book, water, TP, space blanket and enjoy the MOMENT....my attitude is what will control my "altitude"...
OK so the digital was bad I still wanted to do a 2000 mile trip...analog still worked so what more did I need. Had read all the negatives about Spyder on here (after I had purchased)...so besides my normal traveling stuff I had a list of Spyder dealers within 200 miles of where I was traveling thru Canadian Rockies and Glacier area...just in case...never needed.
I am right now (grounded due to ice/snow on roads) planning my trip to Spyderfest...it will take me through some Nat'l Parks...Utah area...then into NV & AZ and then who knows.
Fear is just that fear of "what if"...well life happens so I deal with it WHEN it happens not in case it does....
Nothing like ryding my Spyder....it is WONDERFUL...

BajaRon
12-02-2010, 01:59 PM
I am totally NOT mechanical...but refused to allow myself to sit home and veg (which soon will lead to rot!!!)...I jumped on my new RT with a bad digital screen...but my motto is life (some describe as sh%$) happens...so have a plan just in case and if not have a good book, water, TP, space blanket and enjoy the MOMENT....my attitude is what will control my "altitude"...
OK so the digital was bad I still wanted to do a 2000 mile trip...analog still worked so what more did I need. Had read all the negatives about Spyder on here (after I had purchased)...so besides my normal traveling stuff I had a list of Spyder dealers within 200 miles of where I was traveling thru Canadian Rockies and Glacier area...just in case...never needed.
I am right now (grounded due to ice/snow on roads) planning my trip to Spyderfest...it will take me through some Nat'l Parks...Utah area...then into NV & AZ and then who knows.
Fear is just that fear of "what if"...well life happens so I deal with it WHEN it happens not in case it does....
Nothing like ryding my Spyder....it is WONDERFUL...

I can only speak for myself.. But many of these comments (including my last one) are not specifically directed to you, even though you did start the thread.

It's kind of like pool... Though you may shoot at one ball, you may also bounce off a few others with the same shot.

Obviously, you've set out on the open road under less than ideal conditions.

Many of the remarks are more of a generalization to those who have not taken the steps you have.

And no one wants a rider to exceed their abilities in a way that will get them hurt or damage their ride.

Everyone has to do what they think best and then be confortable with it. What I throw out are no more than my opinions. If they help someone.. Great! If not, then put them where they belong, in the trash bin.

Hope all your rides are trouble free. But if they are not, good luck with whatever comes your way! :D

Yazz
12-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Everyone is making such good points!

Before I went on my first solo road trip, an old biker friend gave me some advice.

"Love every minute of your ride. Relish the rain in your face, it cleans the soul. Don't worry about a thing. Just enjoy the road and what it has to offer. The minute you start worrying, you will draw it to you."

There's been many road trips over the years since he told me that. I still use that head-set and its still working for me.

p.s. There's always a tool kit on board to pad the luck...

Ken5517 / Wish Again
12-02-2010, 02:09 PM
I have been ryding the RT since sept of 2009 and have had two pre productiuon bikes with over 33,000 miles combined and I ride alone for most of those miles and never have been stranded. I would ryde at a drop of a hat.

Some of the best bikers you will meet are Spyder people

BajaRon
12-02-2010, 02:17 PM
I have been ryding the RT since sept of 2009 and have had two pre productiuon bikes with over 33,000 miles combined and I ride alone for most of those miles and never have been stranded. I would ryde at a drop of a hat.

Some of the best bikers you will meet are Spyder people

:agree:

Harry Gilbert
12-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Since this thread has drifted a bit let me give some background on myself.

In my younger years I rode a CB400 all over the eastern US with a screwdriver, adjustable wrench and some luck. breakdowns were something to be dealt with and move on. I still feel that way. Since returning to the sport a few years ago I've racked over 80K miles on a Concours and now the Wing mostly solo, and there have been a few issues out on the road. I carry tools and tire repair equipment so I'm not useless out there. I'm not a professional mechanic by any stretch of the term but I do ok.

With all that said the Spyder is a different animal when it comes to roadside repairs. More electronics than the space shuttle. And the Spyder will be purchased as a mainly 2UP ride. While I don't get rattled by unexpected stops on the road (can't have good stories sitting on the couch) I wont be alone and that is something I have to allow for. So am I worried about the mechanicals? not really if you can see it you can tell what broke and fix it. The electrical system on this bike is a different story though.

Long term overall reliability is still an unknown with the Spyder but with the lessening of negative posts and a sense of adventure I probably will be riding a RT in the spring if the right deal can be had. And if I have stepped on any toes with this post please accept my apologies it was not meant to be taken that way

Harry

Bob Denman
12-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Harry, It's all good in here... :2thumbs: Everybody's toes here have pretty thick hides! :D

BajaRon
12-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Since this thread has drifted a bit ...
Harry

They all do! Blame it on me... That's what Lamont does! :yikes:

NancysToy
12-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Harry, I don't think you stepped on any toes. You might have stirred some passions, but I doubt anyone's toes are damaged in any way. Certainly no need for apologies.

Your question was a proper one, and would be on the mind of any touring rider thinking of moving to a new platform. I hope you found the answers you were looking for. As you are obviously aware, there is a reason that every motorcycle made comes with a toolkit...and no, unfortunately the Spyder does not also come with BUDS. :D

I had more than my share of trouble with my RTS, but it absolutely never left me stranded or broken down. I will admit to a few cuss words and a bit of worry, however. Despite that, I am getting another one. I still own my 80K BMW as an alternative, so that should tell you something about how I feel about the Spyder RTS...it is well suited for the work and is plenty strong enough to handle the road. Looking at problems posted here, most of the difficulties, including mine, have been other than electronic. I also think that the number of Spyders with serious problems is few compared to the number on the road. I hope that eases your mind.
Best of luck with your decision...and welcome

BajaRon
12-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Harry, I don't think you stepped on any toes. You might have stirred some passions, but I doubt anyone's toes are damaged in any way. Certainly no need for apologies.

Your question was a proper one, and would be on the mind of any touring rider thinking of moving to a new platform. I hope you found the answers you were looking for. As you are obviously aware, there is a reason that every motorcycle made comes with a toolkit...and no, unfortunately the Spyder does not also come with BUDS. :D

I had more than my share of trouble with my RTS, but it absolutely never left me stranded or broken down. I will admit to a few cuss words and a bit of worry, however. Despite that, I am getting another one. I still own my 80K BMW as an alternative, so that should tell you something about how I feel about the Spyder RTS...it is well suited for the work and is plenty strong enough to handle the road. Looking at problems posted here, most of the difficulties, including mine, have been other than electronic. I also think that the number of Spyders with serious problems is few compared to the number on the road. I hope that eases your mind.
Best of luck with your decision...and welcome

:agree: It's not about who is right or wrong... It's about helping people!

And since I don't see that anyone did anything wrong, there certainly is no reason for apology. No one intened to offend so any offence taken is a shame.

SpyderBen
12-02-2010, 10:20 PM
If you have owned and ridden a Goldwing, which I have and which I traded for my 2010 Spyder-Rt, you have to wonder about the dependability. That being said, it was very comforting to have the Goldwing members handbook of owners available to help in times of a need,in the trunk. If you ever owned a Goldwing you know what I am talking about and if you ever needed help or was able to help a fellow rider you really know what I am talking about.

Without a doubt that is one of the best books published and would be a good idea for a start-up for Spyder riders.

For those of you who don't know what I am talking about, it is a book that you list your name, telephone number and the city where you live. You then post what you can or might be willing to do if called upon by a member.

NancysToy
12-02-2010, 10:29 PM
If you have owned and ridden a Goldwing, which I have and which I traded for my 2010 Spyder-Rt, you have to wonder about the dependability. That being said, it was very comforting to have the Goldwing members handbook of owners available to help in times of a need,in the trunk. If you ever owned a Goldwing you know what I am talking about and if you ever needed help or was able to help a fellow rider you really know what I am talking about.

Without a doubt that is one of the best books published and would be a good idea for a start-up for Spyder riders.

For those of you who don't know what I am talking about, it is a book that you list your name, telephone number and the city where you live. You then post what you can or might be willing to do if called upon by a member.
The BMW Anonymous is the same thing, and an incredibly valuable resource. I don't think a Spyder version could measure up, though. Those other organizations have over 100,000 members, while there have only been about 20,000 Spyder sold worldwide (as of the DPS recall). With one tenth or less of the membership, contacts would be nearly as sparse as dealers. When we tried to put together a database of Spyder owner contacts, we only got a few dozen (or less) on the list.

MMcc
12-02-2010, 10:40 PM
I am all for putting together the name, address, phone # for helping out fellow spyder owners. On my first ride back from Atlanta I met a spyder owner in Iowa and he helped me by lining up a dealer in Waterloo to make some necessary adjustments to drive belt and DPS. Heck, just knowing that there is someone you might be able to call if a problem arose is a comfort. How do we go about starting this listing? :dontknow:

BajaRon
12-02-2010, 10:46 PM
I am all for putting together the name, address, phone # for helping out fellow spyder owners. On my first ride back from Atlanta I met a spyder owner in Iowa and he helped me by lining up a dealer in Waterloo to make some necessary adjustments to drive belt and DPS. Heck, just knowing that there is someone you might be able to call if a problem arose is a comfort. How do we go about starting this listing? :dontknow:

Not sure it will ever be up to Goldwing standards, but thin is better than nothing.

Actually, I'm glad there aren't 10 Spyders on every block (though I'm sure BRP would like to see the roads wall papered with them). But there are always downsides to having a rare machine.

NancysToy
12-02-2010, 10:53 PM
It already exists.

Spyders to the Rescue (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuvygJQcjlsBdEtocnZzRy1HTFZpS1dfVUxsclZiW VE&hl=en#gid=0)

MMcc
12-02-2010, 10:58 PM
:thumbup:Great; How do I get my name on this list?:bowdown:

NancysToy
12-02-2010, 11:02 PM
:thumbup:Great; How do I get my name on this list?:bowdown:
Just go to the site and add your entry. As I recall it is a public document.

BajaRon
12-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Just go to the site and add your entry. As I recall it is a public document.

That is pretty gruesome. I thought Lamont had something similar going here.

MMcc
12-02-2010, 11:12 PM
Just added my name and two addresses. Winter and summer homes. :chat::yes: Please call and stop to visit even if you don't have problems. MMcc

willteix
12-03-2010, 12:58 AM
More electronics than the space shuttle.

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: Never thought of it that way, but you know your so right on that!

chris56
12-03-2010, 05:40 AM
[QUOTE=Ken5517 /
Some of the best bikers you will meet are Spyder people[/QUOTE]

:agree:

didn`t know that you met me ...:clap:
(did you ryde in the alps one time ?)

dltang
12-03-2010, 10:01 AM

We had a list started and there was a link from the home page, not sure what happened to it. Here is a link to the old thread. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18580&highlight=Spyderlovers+list

Here is the link to the list Spyders to the Rescue (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuvygJQcjlsBdEtocnZzRy1HTFZpS1dfVUxsclZiW VE&hl=en#gid=0)

Lamonster
12-03-2010, 10:23 AM
We had a list started and there was a link from the home page, not sure what happened to it. Here is a link to the old thread. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18580&highlight=Spyderlovers+list

Here is the link to the list Spyders to the Rescue (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuvygJQcjlsBdEtocnZzRy1HTFZpS1dfVUxsclZiW VE&hl=en#gid=0)
It's on the front page of SpyderLovers on the right.

» Spyder Web
Spyder Customer Support (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10017)
Spyders to the Rescue (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuvygJQcjlsBdEtocnZzRy1HTFZpS1dfVUxsclZiW VE&hl=en)
SpyderRider (http://www.spyderryder.com/)
Spyder Specs (http://spyder.brp.com/NR/rdonlyres/6CFA7C41-7608-4F7D-84B7-610A30FDE807/0/SpyderSpecSheet.pdf)
Factory Site (http://www.spyder.brp.com/)
Spyder Dealers List (http://spyder.brp.com/NR/rdonlyres/48425B0B-2D21-4893-B6F3-90483FB17400/0/NA_DEALERS_WEB_NOV_4_09.pdf)
BRP Parts Online (http://epc.brp.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fDefault.aspx)
Operators Guide (http://spyder.brp.com/NR/rdonlyres/A86F2B61-B5BE-4BE9-8E75-31BAFBB36FC0/0/OperatorsGuide_2008_en.pdf)
Owners Map (http://www.frappr.com/?a=constellation_map&mapid=68719477367)
(http://www.frappr.com/?a=constellation_map&mapid=68719477367) (http://www.frappr.com/?a=constellation_map&mapid=68719477367)

M2Wild
12-03-2010, 11:58 AM
no plans, no dealership listings, no route...just kinda pointed and lived each day as it came. We didn't even book any motels in advance because we had no clue where we would be at any given time.
Great way to travel .... I did that on one of my Europe trip and it was awsome.

dltang
12-03-2010, 01:02 PM
It's on the front page of SpyderLovers on the right.

» Spyder Web
Spyder Customer Support (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10017)
Spyders to the Rescue (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuvygJQcjlsBdEtocnZzRy1HTFZpS1dfVUxsclZiW VE&hl=en)
SpyderRider (http://www.spyderryder.com/)
Spyder Specs (http://spyder.brp.com/NR/rdonlyres/6CFA7C41-7608-4F7D-84B7-610A30FDE807/0/SpyderSpecSheet.pdf)
Factory Site (http://www.spyder.brp.com/)
Spyder Dealers List (http://spyder.brp.com/NR/rdonlyres/48425B0B-2D21-4893-B6F3-90483FB17400/0/NA_DEALERS_WEB_NOV_4_09.pdf)
BRP Parts Online (http://epc.brp.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fDefault.aspx)
Operators Guide (http://spyder.brp.com/NR/rdonlyres/A86F2B61-B5BE-4BE9-8E75-31BAFBB36FC0/0/OperatorsGuide_2008_en.pdf)
Owners Map (http://www.frappr.com/?a=constellation_map&mapid=68719477367)
(http://www.frappr.com/?a=constellation_map&mapid=68719477367) (http://www.frappr.com/?a=constellation_map&mapid=68719477367)

Sorry Lamont, I looked and must have just missed it. I went back and looked, I was looking in the wrong place.

Lunar Rover
12-03-2010, 11:39 PM
My wife is in love with the RT. I'm not completely sold on it yet, I like the concept. But.... I currently ride a Goldwing and would not hesitate to just jump on and take off cross country. 35K trouble free miles so far and don't think twice about taking off for a week or two at a time.
We're considering a purchase in March/April 2011 of a 2011RT.

So here's question: Would you feel comfortable taking off on a 6K-7K ride less than a month after buying? Not talking about seats or floorboards just mechanical reliability.

TIA

We took off on a 6200 mile trip across country after 15,000 miles on our original 2008 Premiere Edition RS. Obviously this wasn't a month after purchase but in a way this is more telling, all kinds of time and mileage for something to go wrong on a first model year brand new type of vehicle but nothing ever did. I'd say GO FOR IT! :thumbup:

Slybird
12-04-2010, 05:37 AM
Going back to the original question.....I've been riding GoldWings and H-D Ultra Classics since WAY BACK WHEN and actually traded in my last Ultra Classic in on my 2010 RT-S. To say I love it and that it's the finest ryde I've ever owned would be an understatement. :yes: I had the RT-S less than a month and took off for Street Vibrations in Reno last Fall. Ran like a top. In the past, I've participated in numerous Iron Butt Association rydes and functions (ran and finished the 2001 Iron Butt Rally in the middle of the pack on my 2000 Wing). I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to compete in an Iron Butt Rally on my RT-S - - if only I could find an adequate aux fuel tank!!:dontknow:

Bob Denman
12-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Sly, When switching over from 'Wings and Ultras; how much of an adjustment period was there for yuou?

Lamonster
12-04-2010, 08:35 AM
Sorry Lamont, I looked and must have just missed it. I went back and looked, I was looking in the wrong place.
I tend to move things around a bit if I have other things to display. It will always be on the right side of that page but may be up or down depending. :doorag:

Harry Gilbert
12-04-2010, 08:52 PM
I need to thank all that replied to this thread it has lessened my fears of the RT.

And it gave me the name of my RT when it arrives. NC-991RT (Trekkies will understand)

NancysToy
12-04-2010, 09:11 PM
I need to thank all that replied to this thread it has lessened my fears of the RT.

And it gave me the name of my RT when it arrives. NC-991RT (Trekkies will understand)
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Beam me up!