PDA

View Full Version : License Plate Bracket Not Good

Blackwidow74
11-25-2010, 09:50 PM
I bought the vertical license plate bracket for my Spyder off ebay. It looked good and I thought the weld was good and would hold, but boy was I wrong. I lost my license plate frame and plate, the funniest part was I did not even notice until my bike started blowing fuses. The two wires for the frame kept touching and blowing my 10 amp fuse and thats when we finally noticed the weld on the bracket had broke and I lost everything.

So for all of you that bought the brackets from the guy on ebay, you better check them. I also sent him an email letting him know that his weld breaks.

$19 For a new License plate from DMV, $49 for a new License plate frame/led,
$30 for a new one piece aluminum vertical license plate bracket.:gaah:

groundeffect
11-25-2010, 09:56 PM
I bought the vertical license plate bracket for my Spyder off ebay. It looked good and I thought the weld was good and would hold, but boy was I wrong. I lost my license plate frame and plate, the funniest part was I did not even notice until my bike started blowing fuses. The two wires for the frame kept touching and blowing my 10 amp fuse and thats when we finally noticed the weld on the bracket had broke and I lost everything.

So for all of you that bought the brackets from the guy on ebay, you better check them. I also sent him an email letting him know that his weld breaks.

$19 For a new License plate from DMV, $49 for a new License plate frame/led,
$30 for a new one piece aluminum vertical license plate bracket.:gaah:

Sorry to her yours cracked off.... but thanks for sharing and warning others of the issue.

For those who have them already, maybe some reinforcement with JB would be a good way to go, or (if you have the resources available) weld a better/thicker join!?

Cheers.