PDA

View Full Version : Is it too early?

retread
11-15-2010, 07:39 PM
To start planning meeting points for the ryde to Cuba?

john

retread
11-18-2010, 07:23 PM
Evidently.

john

bonehead
11-18-2010, 10:03 PM
no retread it isnt, we are trying to get some ohio ryders to meet up, could meet up with some hoosiers to go:chat:

retread
11-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Just a few guesses, nothing cut in stone yet. I plan on leaving the morning of the 28th; it's about 6 to 7 hours to Cuba, heading west and picking up I70. As I said, not in stone, so I might leave on the 27th. Plenty of time to iron things out.

john

NewRider
11-29-2010, 01:48 PM
I'd love to go...but my 2011 plans are still nebulous.:gaah:

Trickie Dick
12-02-2010, 09:00 AM
I'd love to go...but my 2011 plans are still nebulous.:gaah:
If you have any inkling of going, you better make your room reservations soon or you might find yourself 50 miles away. Motels are filling up fast.

retread
01-21-2011, 06:59 AM
Okay, I'm thinking of extending my stay, 1 day on the front, 1 on the back, with all that's going to be going on, I might need more time.

john

Trickie Dick
01-21-2011, 08:46 PM
[QUOTE=retread;279388]Okay, I'm thinking of extending my stay, 1 day on the front, 1 on the back, with all that's going to be going on, I might need more time.

john[/QUO
I think you are trying to a head start on the scavenger hunt:lecturef_smilie:

Janet & I are heading out on Tuesday also. :clap:

retread
01-21-2011, 08:51 PM
I think you are trying to a head start on the scavenger hunt:lecturef_smilie:

Nope, just want to be rested up for it.:yes::yes::yes:

john

retread
02-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Reservations at Best Western Cuba, 4-27 to 5-2. Leaving around 9 AM 4-27, I-70 at either exit 66, 59 or 51, should be between 9:30 and 10AM for I-70. Looking at Cuba by 3PM local time, they're CST, so that's giving 7 hours for the ryde. PM if you'd like to meet up.

john

8LEGS
02-14-2011, 08:47 AM
Hey guys ---- I'm more than likely going to get to go :yes::yes:

I was transfered yet again in December -- now I'm driving 70 miles to and from work -- grrrr, but, seems my vacation request is not being denied at my new location. So lookout Cuba -- the phantom interloper is coming to Spyderfest ..........:joke:

Trickie Dick
02-14-2011, 08:53 AM
Hey guys ---- I'm more than likely going to get to go :yes::yes:

I was transfered yet again in December -- now I'm driving 70 miles to and from work -- grrrr, but, seems my vacation request is not being denied at my new location. So lookout Cuba -- the phantom interloper is coming to Spyderfest ..........:joke:
Great to hear from you again. We've missed you here. Good news on Spyderfest. Hopefully see you before then.
So, where are you working now? Do you have a regular day off?

8LEGS
02-14-2011, 10:12 AM
Still with the same company, just driving to Monticello. The trip there will be much better when I can ride instead of drive :ohyea:

retread
02-14-2011, 01:19 PM
Hey Tina, have you heard anything from Amanda? She hasn't been here in a while.

john

8LEGS
02-15-2011, 11:04 AM
No, I haven't heard from her, but I haven't been in here much. I'll send her a text message on her phone.

BumbleBee
02-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Looking forward in seeing you all again :2thumbs:

That's right, you better get some rest before it all starts retread, lots going on this time! :D

Great news, that you get to come Tina :ohyea::yes::ohyea:

Amanda B
02-15-2011, 06:07 PM
Sorry I haven't been on for awhile. It has been a busy winter for me. I got your message Tina, and it reminded me to come back. :D

retread
02-15-2011, 08:49 PM
Hi Amanda, are you going to Spyderfest? How about the Moonshine Lunch Run? Lots of plans for this year already.

john

Amanda B
02-15-2011, 08:59 PM
What are the dates for both and the locations? The one is Cuba right, but the other one I don't know anything about.

Trickie Dick
02-15-2011, 09:21 PM
Sorry I haven't been on for awhile. It has been a busy winter for me. I got your message Tina, and it reminded me to come back. :D
Nice to have you back on. We've missed you. You have to make Cuba for sure. If you don't go, people will talk about you:yikes: :roflblack:

retread
02-16-2011, 07:57 AM
Spyderfest is April 28 to May 1, in Cuba, MO. All the info is here on Spyderlovers.
Moonshine is April 8 to 10; we'll be there on the 9th, it's in Moonshine, IL, population 2, it's not on the map, but it's about 120 miles from Franklin, IN. The Food Network says the hamburgers there are among the best in the country, so we're going there to find out.

john

EricDeub
02-16-2011, 01:04 PM
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...3e378a77d2&z=7 (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=206814543313735502864.00049c54fdf3e378a77d2&z=7)

Some of the Ohio Spyder Ryders Club will be heading out early on the 27th to meet up with some spyders in Dayton around 8am we will head out at 9:00 AM. We hope to meet up with more as we ride throw Indiana. I have marked some possible stops on are way.

Amanda B
02-16-2011, 04:24 PM
I cannot get Wednesday or Thursday off so if I were to come to Spyderfest I would not be able to make it until late Thursday or Friday. Do/will they still register me that late in the event? So, any local hotels have an indoor swimming pool? I know...I know I should have done my research but it's been a VERY busy winter for me. I think the Holiday Inn Express does, but I don't know for sure. I want to go to Spyderfest.

The Moonshine one I can probably do.

I still have to get my bike in for the recall work from the last recall they sent out. I'm hoping to get it there in the next week or so. Hopefully they'll get it ready quickly so I'm good to go.

Trickie Dick
02-16-2011, 09:14 PM
I cannot get Wednesday or Thursday off so if I were to come to Spyderfest I would not be able to make it until late Thursday or Friday. Do/will they still register me that late in the event? So, any local hotels have an indoor swimming pool? I know...I know I should have done my research but it's been a VERY busy winter for me. I think the Holiday Inn Express does, but I don't know for sure. I want to go to Spyderfest.

The Moonshine one I can probably do.

I still have to get my bike in for the recall work from the last recall they sent out. I'm hoping to get it there in the next week or so. Hopefully they'll get it ready quickly so I'm good to go.
Amanda,
If there is a chance you are going, make motel reservations NOW. There are only a few motels in Cuba. They are filling up fast, if not already full. Here's a link:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24011&highlight=staying
Hope you can make it.
we'll do the Moonshine run as soon as it warms up at bit.
P.S. The wife and I are staying at the Best Western. I think John(retread) is also.

Amanda B
02-18-2011, 05:29 PM
Good to know. I guess I will make sure I can go and try to get a room at the Best Western then. I know I won't be able to make Wednesday or Thursday though which is a bummer.

I talked to the dealership, they aren't sure if I have to get my DPS replaced again. I had it replaced and a few months later there was the recall. So, when I take it in (hopefully next Friday or Saturday) they are going to figure that out and get the bike ready to go. It will stink if I have to get it replaced AGAIN but I'd rather do it now before it gets really nice.

Amanda

NancysToy
02-18-2011, 06:00 PM
Good to know. I guess I will make sure I can go and try to get a room at the Best Western then. I know I won't be able to make Wednesday or Thursday though which is a bummer.

I talked to the dealership, they aren't sure if I have to get my DPS replaced again. I had it replaced and a few months later there was the recall. So, when I take it in (hopefully next Friday or Saturday) they are going to figure that out and get the bike ready to go. It will stink if I have to get it replaced AGAIN but I'd rather do it now before it gets really nice.

Amanda
If you had it replaced before the recall...it needs to be done again. The current DPS is a redesigned unit from the one they replaced your original with. These units were not available until the (2nd) recall was announced.

kuroneko81
02-19-2011, 02:34 PM
howdy fellow sypder lovers! :spyder2:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=206814543313735502864.00049c54fdf3e378a77d2&z=7

Here is the route some of the Ohio Spyder Ryders are taking. Would love to meet up on the way with some Hoosiers and ryde in!

Check out our thread for our plans & see if we can hook up along the way!
:2thumbs:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25636

Amanda B
02-20-2011, 09:13 AM
If you had it replaced before the recall...it needs to be done again. The current DPS is a redesigned unit from the one they replaced your original with. These units were not available until the (2nd) recall was announced.

Well that really bites because I had the DPS replaced and right after I got my bike back the recall came out. They had my Spyder for a very long time and I missed a good portion of the riding season. The dealership said they would think BRP wouldn't send a faulty part to fix it, knowing that a recall was coming out. I was hoping, but I think given the contact I've had with BRP it probably is very likely I will have to have it replaced again. I didn't take it in after the recall because I actually wanted to ride it some during the riding season. I guess if I get it in next weekend, maybe I'll have it back before Spyderfest. I don't know whether to make hotel reservations or not now though.

BTW, where is the cheapest place to get the BEST warranty?

retread
02-20-2011, 12:49 PM
If they have the parts, it should take about 2 hours for the replacement; if they don't have the parts, just get your name & Spyder s/n on the list and ryde.
I've been waiting since October for a call on mine.

john

Amanda B
02-20-2011, 03:19 PM
If they have the parts, it should take about 2 hours for the replacement; if they don't have the parts, just get your name & Spyder s/n on the list and ryde.
I've been waiting since October for a call on mine.

john

Unfortunately, the way my dealership works you take your bike in and once it is there, then they order parts. I've been through it before already, which is why I am thinking about it in Feb. God only knows what they do with it while it is there!

Since you have been waiting so long, I'm guessing BRP isn't getting the parts out quickly?

kuroneko81
02-20-2011, 03:36 PM
Unfortunately, the way my dealership works you take your bike in and once it is there, then they order parts. I've been through it before already, which is why I am thinking about it in Feb. God only knows what they do with it while it is there!

Since you have been waiting so long, I'm guessing BRP isn't getting the parts out quickly?

from my understanding…BRP is sending out batches to dealers…like 6 at a time. when those 6 are replaced the dealer sends those 6 faulty ones back to BRP & the cycle repeats. not sure if that's what the hold up is...:dontknow:
but i can definitely understand your frustration:gaah:

NancysToy
02-20-2011, 03:38 PM

They cannot order the new DPS, the last I knew. They are still being auto-shipped, in batches, last I knew. Assure that your dealer has one on hand that is not spoken for, before you drop off the Spyder. Since you are having steering system problems, Carlo may be able to expedite things if you have difficulties with your dealer, or they are out of stock.

Trickie Dick
02-20-2011, 09:47 PM
They have the units at Action Motorsports in Lafayette. I was there last Friday.
If your dealer won't put on a list, find another dealer. They all want you to drop them off, just insist on an appointment. If they won't do that find another dealer. You time is valuable too. Of course, that's easier said than done the way the dealers are going by the wayside.
As soon as the weather starts to get better the dealers are going to be real busy. Better now than later.

Amanda B
02-21-2011, 06:09 PM
I agree better now than later, which is why I am trying to get the Spyder in ASAP. Plus I have to do the regularly scheduled oil change and stuff...and I am having a different sprocket put on. I'm getting rid of the cheap plastic part in the back and I am having a sprocket powder coated as we speak.

NewRider
03-02-2011, 04:28 PM
Sorry, gang...not going to Cuba...have a previous engagement I'd forgotten about. Sigh...and, in all candor, I'm still not comfortable about taking my Spyder on a long-distance trip.:dontknow: At least...not solo...:sour:

dltang
03-21-2011, 09:35 PM
I know most of you already have plans and your route planned out for the drive to Cuba but I wanted to extend this tentative invitation to anyone that is interested. I thought I would post our scenic route. A small group of us are coming from MI and taking the back roads. We will be leaving on Monday the 25th and staying the night probably somewhere near Havana, IL. We will cut out in the morning of the 26th for the last 5 hours or so into Cuba. Just passing on info in the event anyone wants to meet up for any part of the ride. Havana is just a potential stop at this point though. We are playing it by ear and if we choose to stop a bit earlier or later, that could always happen. When we do get to our overnight location, I will post it on the site for anyone interested in joining us. Here is the link to our route Our route to Cuba (http://mapq.st/hNjWxw)

Trickie Dick
03-22-2011, 07:16 AM
I know most of you already have plans and your route planned out for the drive to Cuba but I wanted to extend this tentative invitation to anyone that is interested. I thought I would post our scenic route. A small group of us are coming from MI and taking the back roads. We will be leaving on Monday the 25th and staying the night probably somewhere near Havana, IL. We will cut out in the morning of the 26th for the last 5 hours or so into Cuba. Just passing on info in the event anyone wants to meet up for any part of the ride. Havana is just a potential stop at this point though. We are playing it by ear and if we choose to stop a bit earlier or later, that could always happen. When we do get to our overnight location, I will post it on the site for anyone interested in joining us. Here is the link to our route Our route to Cuba (http://mapq.st/hNjWxw)
Looks like a fun route. Janet & I will be leaving the 26th. Probably take the truck and trailer unless I can get a trailer for the spyder done by then:dontknow: