PDA

View Full Version : Done!!!

speedster200
11-13-2010, 08:55 PM
I turned in my dealerships voluntary termination papers for Spyder this week. We haven't sold the amount of Spyders to keep the product. Interest keeps piling up on each unit in stock.We have been loosing big money on every Spyder. I guess it's a sign of the times, and Amarillo (TX) is not big enough to support a Spyder dealership.

I have read all of the negative dealer posts and have tried like hell to make sure we were not one of them. If you have a good dealer support them. Spyder is a big investment. BRP demands a substantial investment in parts,tools,schools,and units. Your dealer needs your support now more than ever.

Lamont how do I change my handle on the site. I will no longer be spyderdylr.:(

NancysToy
11-13-2010, 11:03 PM
So sorry to hear this, and very sorry to see you go. You have been an asset to SpyderLovers, and I'm sure you were an asset to the community as a Spyder dealer. These are sad times for many, I'm afraid.

Rider Steve
11-13-2010, 11:54 PM
Good luck in the future... can be purty tough keeping up with corporate demands. Sometimes they want so much more than their willing to give themselves.

BajaRon
11-14-2010, 12:07 AM
That is truely a shame. Losing a good Spyder dealer is not good news.

I know times are hard but Spyder sales must be hot and cold regionally. A local dealer was telling us (several months back) that the Spyder was about the only thing he was selling with any frequency. And he carries 2 or 3 other brands.

Hope something works well enough for you to weather this storm. It's not over yet, I'm afraid.

Boriken
11-14-2010, 07:52 PM
That is truely a shame. Losing a good Spyder dealer is not good news.

I know times are hard but Spyder sales must be hot and cold regionally. A local dealer was telling us (several months back) that the Spyder was about the only thing he was selling with any frequency. And he carries 2 or 3 other brands.

Hope something works well enough for you to weather this storm. It's not over yet, I'm afraid.
:agree:Amen to that.

SpyderWolf
11-16-2010, 10:36 PM
Wow, very sorry to hear this. I wish you the best in continuing to weather these difficult times as well.

pitbull
11-16-2010, 11:52 PM
I feel your pain, it can be rough! Alot of work to keep up with it all. Warranty work only can make you want to go nuts! Getting paid for half the work and taking a while to get paid. It's all a little tough you have to love it! It's sure not about the money. Sorry to hear friend. Let me know if I can help. I know the tools and software stuff and signage is high and only valuable to another Spyder dealer. Let me know if your intersted in selling any of it. But it migh be better to hang on to to service some of your old customers. Thanks and sorry bro!

bikeguy
11-17-2010, 12:27 AM
I'm really sorry to hear this. I know from your posts and the posts of some of your customers that you were a good dealer. There aren't that many Spyder dealers in Texas and I sure hate losing one, especially a good one. Wish you the best of luck with your other brands.

Cotton

Prense01
11-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Absolutely fantastic service! You will be missed. I am sure we will continue doing business in other ways.

Chris :spyder:

fastfraser
11-17-2010, 05:11 PM
So sorry to see a good dealer go . Hope things work out for the better.

Marker
11-17-2010, 05:17 PM
I am sorry to hear that news

flamingobabe
11-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Sorry to hear this...we stopped in your store late September...we were traveling thru...you had more Spyder stuff than any of the Houston stores. Good luck

speedster200
11-17-2010, 05:38 PM
The trucks are coming tomorrow to pick up the Spyders. I sure do hate this. I love the product. It is a challenge to work on. Fun to ride. I'm going to get a orange RSS in the future.:clap:

frank3
11-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Sure wish you'd move to Kansas City area and take over the dealership I use.

SpyderWolf
11-17-2010, 09:39 PM
The trucks are coming tomorrow to pick up the Spyders. I sure do hate this. I love the product. It is a challenge to work on. Fun to ride. I'm going to get a orange RSS in the future.:clap:

Do you think you will get it before SpyderFest? It would be good to have you join us there as an owner. :2thumbs:

Roadkill
11-17-2010, 09:46 PM
... how do I change my handle on the site. I will no longer be spyderdylr

+Keep both your positive attitude and enthusiast spirit, and keep it as spyderdylr (spyder dialer, still dialing it in). It doesn't sound like that's going away.

Ride on.
Roadkill

speedster200
11-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Spyders are all gone now. They all went to Arizona and California.

usurp31
11-20-2010, 11:00 PM
Spyders are all gone now. They all went to Arizona and California.

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes; I hope the rest of your dealership stays in the black and all works out well.

Ryde Safe