PDA

View Full Version : Toys for Tots, 11/20 in Chiefland

Recon
11-13-2010, 08:28 PM
We will be attending this on Saturday and would love to see a Spyder convoy there for a good cause.
We were handed this flier at the bikefest in High Springs and thought we would share it with all.

We could do a small ryde after this if it is agreed upon.

http://s1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa335/recon650/Toys%20for%20Tots/?action=view&current=ToysforTots1.jpg

BikerDoc
11-17-2010, 08:13 PM
This is the kind of stuff I really love to do, but my Spyder is sitting in Fort Myers with a burned out clutch for almost two weeks now.. There is a similar ride in Leesburg area Dec 4th that I hope to make..

effgjamis
11-17-2010, 08:26 PM
counting gas stop, that is 3 hours one way from kissimmee.

MoonChaser213
11-17-2010, 08:35 PM
The same day my DPS went out , my cluster was saying I was in one gear but I was actually in another gear. What did yours do ?
This is the kind of stuff I really love to do, but my Spyder is sitting in Fort Myers with a burned out clutch for almost two weeks now.. There is a similar ride in Leesburg area Dec 4th that I hope to make..

BikerDoc
11-17-2010, 11:33 PM
The same day my DPS went out , my cluster was saying I was in one gear but I was actually in another gear. What did yours do ? Mine just stopped going.. the rpms increase but no forward motion increase no matter what gear I shift into. Parts are finally in and hopefully the dealer will work on it tomorrow..

InspectorGadget
11-18-2010, 08:30 AM
We will be in Ft. White this weekend working on the property. Cheifland is just a short hop, but we will not have the spyder with us.
If you are in ther neighborhood---stop by and say HI!!
Have fun and ryde safe C-YA RL

MoonChaser213
11-19-2010, 09:13 AM
:spyder:Hopefully , we will both be up and running soon. I'm having my DPS fixed next week. I told them about the gear problems and the shop has heard of this problem befor. My HD friends are making fun of my spyder always in the shop!! So agravating.
Mine just stopped going.. the rpms increase but no forward motion increase no matter what gear I shift into. Parts are finally in and hopefully the dealer will work on it tomorrow..

Recon
11-19-2010, 10:32 AM
We will be in Ft. White this weekend working on the property. Cheifland is just a short hop, but we will not have the spyder with us.
If you are in ther neighborhood---stop by and say HI!!
Have fun and ryde safe C-YA RL

We could always come up and try to squeeze all 4 of us on one spyder! :shemademe_smilie:

Recon
11-19-2010, 10:34 AM

Doc, keep reminding me about the 4th and we will try to make it to Leesburg.

Recon
11-19-2010, 10:41 AM
counting gas stop, that is 3 hours one way from kissimmee.

Maybe we'll be able to see you at the one on the 4th of December in Leesburg. (see bikerdoc's post)

About your gas mileage; I was getting 34 alone and with mama on the seat we got 31. I think these engines are so tight from the factory that they need to get miles on them before they loosen up because I remember when I had about 1000 mile on it I was only getting 25-28 mpg