PDA

View Full Version : New RT-S UK Owner soon

eddieshep999
11-10-2010, 05:17 AM
I take delivery of my Spyder RT-S in December
I have moved from Motorcycles Last one being BMW K100LT - 1991 MODEL engine size 998cc - Owned since 1997 Sold last week
I have been disabled due to Poilo aged 22 months old - Left me unable to use my left leg
I have been riding Motorcycles since 1976 - First Honda's then on to BMW's
Now in my mid 50's the BMW was getting to heavy to hold up and I did not tend to use it much in the winter months - being only able to put just my right leg down it was becomming a confidence issue - I accident could be 1 accident to many

My first motorcycles were adapted for me to use a hand change with a metal rod connected to the Left hand side Gear leaver - I woud use my left hand to operate the clutch leaver and use my right hand to push/pull the leaver to change gear
In all the years the only accident i had - was a slow speed spill when my right leg sliipped on diesiel at a M/way junction
About 5 yrs ago I fitted a Klicktronic push button Electronic Gear change systerm which was easy and gave me greater control

Having decided to look around I was thinking of getting the K100LT converted to a Trike or buy a motorcycle - Goldwing/Harley Davidson already converted into a Trike
I contacted several Trike builders and was quoted from £7,000 up to £14,000 for the conversion this did include the fitting of a reverse gear

I brought a copy of TRIKE magazine Summer copy and in it was an item on the CAN-AM Spyder RS - i was not sure this was for me due to the y layout and the sports type seating - So i just carried out looking at so called normal Trikes

Just over a month ago a friend of mine told me she had test ridden a Can-Am Spyder RT the Semi -Automatic one and the more i heard about it and the controls ect the more I became interested in it
I looked it up on the WWW and came across the Spyder Riders Uk website
I noticed BLUE lived in Willtshire and as I live in Berkshire next to Wiltshire I e mailed him to ask if he was in the area or if I could travel to meet him just to have a look at a Spyder to see if it was for me

He replied immediately and a couple of weeks later we met at the Toys R US car park in Swindon - He had the RS but it was the Semi Automatic one - BLUE allowed me to have a go and i did find it difficult to steer - All those years on a motorcycle
I was not sure the RS was for me but BLUE had contacted AdrenalinATV who contacted me and said they had a Spyder RT-S to test ride if I wanted to

I arranged with Andrew of AdrenalinATV to visit and a couple of weeks ago travellled to them - I did the Safety course and took the RT -S for a test drive
That was it - it was just what i needed - still able to ride in the open air - hand operated Gear changing - and no longer having to hold up all that weighjt up
I have done a deal with AdrenalinATV and the rest will be history

The only downside is the cost of insurance - I have been quoted £556 Fully comp from Bikesure - This is with over 9 yrs no claims discount - in fact no accidents, convictons in over 34 yrs - My BWM was only £150 and the only safety feature that had was ABS the Spyder has more safety features
I did also try The Bike Insurer but they appear to use the same insurance services
Adrian Fllux
Perhaps as more Spyders are purchased the Cost will hopefully come down

My thanks to to BLUE, JEFF and All the other Spyder Members who have submitted information on the Spyders Riders UK Website this has been and will continue to be invaluable information and support to new Spyder riders - Hope to meet many of you in the coming months and Years as I get out and about on my Spyder RT-S

Sorry for the long blog - But this is a great website and after all we are
now all part of the global Spyder family

Eddie Sheppard
Reading Berks - UK

docdoru
11-10-2010, 05:40 AM
:congrats: for your new :spyder: :thumbup:

dancogan
11-10-2010, 07:17 AM
:clap::clap::clap: Happy to hear that the :spyder2: fits you, and you fit the :spyder2: . :2thumbs:

jimclarkf1
11-10-2010, 07:54 AM
THANK YOU for the AWSOME POST, it was great:ohyea: and welcome to the family. I was in the UK in 97 for 15 days, stayed with 3 UK families, I was treated great. Are you a BEATLES or F1 fan? THANKS, :clap:

chris56
11-10-2010, 08:00 AM
:2thumbs: great story - maybe you come to the european-event in italy -
should be no problem with an Rt ..
greetings from austria

CyncySpyder
11-10-2010, 08:01 AM
:congrats: & welcome

SpyderAnn01
11-10-2010, 08:10 AM
:congrats: and welcome

NancysToy
11-10-2010, 08:16 AM
:congrats: & welcome

The Spyder is a perfect fit for your needs. I know you are going to enjoy it immensely.

DragonLorD
11-10-2010, 02:07 PM
:congrats: Eddie, you just couldn't pick a better Dealership. Adrenalin ATV is known as a No.1 in UK & IRL and Andrew is the best Spyder Guru in these parts of the world, he will look after you no mather what you need and not only when you buy or service your Spyder there, that's relationship for good now. I bought my Spyder from other Dealership in UK but they went bust soon after. I had something to be done on my Spyder under warranty, did my reseach and got recommended Andrew from AdrenalinATV, so i sent my Spyder over there and only thank to Andrew i was looked after, he solved many problems caused by Dealership i bought from - paperwork and Mondial Registry and so on. He is even working on my Spyder right now, i have DPS replaced and ussual service. If you call in and see "sexy" red RS on Irish plates, that's mine. and say hello to Andrew
i wish you best of luck with your new RT :2thumbs:

medic 1
11-10-2010, 02:18 PM
welcome Ryde safe

ronv
11-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Your gonna love it.

Lands End - John O'Groats ryde in the future?

Worked at RAF Molesworth for about 5 years. Loved England, still stay in contact with friends we made there. Would really like to come back sometime, but doubt if I'll ever make it again.

Ron