PDA

View Full Version : If you could only attend one Spyder event...

ArmyJoe
11-08-2010, 08:20 PM
I've allocated a week vacation for one Spyder trip next year.

If you could only attend one Spyder event, which would it be? If you choose other, please post a reply here.

G-Man
11-08-2010, 08:28 PM
You'll have to decide that one on your own my friend. I, for one, will not take part in this poll, as (IMO) it may, although unintentionally, create animosity, among hosts of other events.

Let's all just attend the events that we are able, report on them through the forums afterward, and watch the popular ones grow.

Thanks anyway.:doorag:

ArmyJoe
11-08-2010, 08:42 PM
You'll have to decide that one on your own my friend. I, for one, will not take part in this poll, as (IMO) it may, although unintentionally, create animosity, among hosts of other events.

Let's all just attend the events that we are able, report on them through the forums afterward, and watch the popular ones grow.

Individual votes aren't public.

wyliec
11-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Magog, if it's every year. And, I don't believe anyone should get upset with this poll.

What will an event sponsor do? Get mad and take their 'ball' and go home. Give me a break.

rogerb
11-08-2010, 09:43 PM
This my first year on a Spyder but not to rallies. The two rallies I went to this past summer were a great time, but until you go to all of them you can't rate them. You have to plan around the time you have off and how far they are from you. Choosing from: Tenn, Missouri, New York, Quebec, Nevada, or wherever BRP has their rally. This is April to September. A lot of choices and decisions. Now that I've really messed you up lot's of luck.
:dontknow::hun:welcome

G-Man
11-08-2010, 09:56 PM
Individual votes aren't public.

No worries. Just my opinion. I probably should have just kept it to myself.

Thanks, and good luck.:doorag:

Trickie Dick
11-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Not voting. It's the people. Not the event. I want all those who sponsor these meetings to know I appreciate their efforts. :thumbup:

boborgera
11-08-2010, 10:52 PM
No worries. Just my opinion. I probably should have just kept it to myself.

Thanks, and good luck.:doorag:

Na, keep the opinions coming that's what keeps this Forum interesting.
It would be very dull if people held back their opinions.
The Hammer and Cikel isn't flying over the White House yet.nojoke

BajaRon
11-08-2010, 11:41 PM
Each event has it's own flavor. And the Spyder is young enough so even that changes for the same event each time.

So it may be that your favorite last year will not be your favorite this time around. If you put all your eggs in the same basked you my be disappointed.

Some events that had a lot of effort and planning didn't trill me so much as other events that just came together.

You just have to go to know.

Then there is the people aspect which is the biggest single factor to me. I have more fun with the right people in the middle of nowhere than I do at a big dog & pony show with ... well, you know what I mean.

Like riding into Cuba last year with Doc and Forrest. Or beating a hole in a perfectly good Bushtech trailer with BJT and the one I no longer mention.

Those are the kinds of things you have to experinece to appreciate. :ohyea:

Bob Denman
11-09-2010, 07:57 AM
My schedule doesn't allow for long trips, so I'll just have to enjoy the scenery at Lake George's Americade convention in June... Been going there since the inaugural event in '83. Only 4000 bikes that first year!

Lamonster
11-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Sorry, can't just go to one but I will say my favorite events to date are:

Valcourt Homecoming- It was a great ride and it was great to see the factory and BRP treated us like Rockstars
Hollywood Owners Event- Had a great ride there and back and got to build some new relationships. The event was cool but the ride and the people were the best.
Spyders in the Smokies- I like that event because I get to have all my friends over for a BBQ. Don't have time to do any riding but I live here so that's not an issue. :doorag:
Spyderfest in Magog- Once again it was a great ride and lots to see and do there. It's the most Spyders I've seen in one place. The people were very friendly and everyone had a great time. It was nice to hangout with the folks from BRP too. I'll be back for that one for sure.
Spyderfest US Cuba MO- I can tell you that out of all the events I've been to this one felt more like a family reunion than a rally. The folks were so friendly and it just a great little town to checkout. It's one of those events that just works. If I had to pick one this would be it for me.

Roger
11-09-2010, 09:10 AM
I have been to northern vermont for that ride with a group of spyders and americade. The ride and the new friends i met really made this events. As far as events go if they do magog again i think i will try that and their is talk about and adirondacks get together ride still in planning stages and i will probably do americade again i would like to try for sits.

ThreeFeet
11-09-2010, 09:12 AM
I guess if one had the time one should try all of them. Fun to get there and fun coming back. It's the in between times that can be the GREATEST!! enjoy which ever one you choose. Have fun, and mingle with some of the greatest folks on 3 wheels!!( or 2 or 4).:ohyea:

Painter Dan
11-09-2010, 09:36 AM
:agree:

hevnbound
11-09-2010, 10:11 AM
I've allocated a week vacation for one Spyder trip next year.

If you could only attend one Spyder event, which would it be? If you choose other, please post a reply here.

I think you asked a legitimate question. I assume you weren't trying to create any controversy regarding favorites or, to hurt anyone's feelings. If you wanted to do that, you would have added Lamont's Bar-B-Q as a separate event..... :sour:

I haven't attended any major Spyder event! .. So, you ask why am I responding to this thread? I've signed up for SITS twice and both times something came up to prevent me from attending.

IMO ... With you being in Augusta, Gatlinburg is in our backyard. It wouldn't be the same to head up that way without a couple hundred Spyders running around but if you are like me, I've traveled that area often. It's hard to choose the BRP event since I don't think we know where that one will be next year.

I'm seriously considering the Cuba, MO event - for the adventure factor. It's not in our backyard but yet it is reachable. I don't know about the area around Cuba but I know that southwest Mo and Northwest Arkansas have great rodes and scenery. Also, Spyder dudes and dudettes speak highly of this event. I'm looking for someone to buddy up with - you interested?

Sam

Lamonster
11-09-2010, 10:26 AM
I think you asked a legitimate question. I assume you weren't trying to create any controversy regarding favorites or, to hurt anyone's feelings. If you wanted to do that, you would have added Lamont's Bar-B-Q as a separate event..... :sour:

I haven't attended any major Spyder event! .. So, you ask why am I responding to this thread? I've signed up for SITS twice and both times something came up to prevent me from attending.

IMO ... With you being in Augusta, Gatlinburg is in our backyard. It wouldn't be the same to head up that way without a couple hundred Spyders running around but if you are like me, I've traveled that area often. It's hard to choose the BRP event since I don't think we know where that one will be next year.

I'm seriously considering the Cuba, MO event - for the adventure factor. It's not in our backyard but yet it is reachable. I don't know about the area around Cuba but I know that southwest Mo and Northwest Arkansas have great rodes and scenery. Also, Spyder dudes and dudettes speak highly of this event. I'm looking for someone to buddy up with - you interested?

Sam
I already added you to the list seeing you signed up for staying at the Best Western :D Hope you can make it. :doorag:

hevnbound
11-09-2010, 11:18 AM
I already added you to the list seeing you signed up for staying at the Best Western :D Hope you can make it. :doorag:

Thanks Lamont. I forgot to post on the other thread. Sept (SITS) is always busy for me but April is ideal so I don't anticipate any problems to keep me from going.

ArmyJoe
11-09-2010, 07:30 PM
IMO ... With you being in Augusta, Gatlinburg is in our backyard.

<snip>

Actually, I'm only in Augusta for an Army school. I've been here for 5 1/2 months, but I'll be heading back to Ohio in two weeks.

I've already been to the Dragon (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22644), so I'm leaning towards an "unofficial event" and some huliganism.

rnet
11-11-2010, 08:04 AM
My choice is Americade year after year, although I have been to sits and will go again, Lake George is in my back yard and also the largest touring bike event in the country. I am considering Cuba, but timing might be a problem. The east coast guys may be able to talk me into this. I see Burg650 and Kentompkins are going, both of which I consider good riding buddies.

wyliec
11-11-2010, 09:35 AM
My choice is Americade year after year, although I have been to sits and will go again, Lake George is in my back yard and also the largest touring bike event in the country. I am considering Cuba, but timing might be a problem. The east coast guys may be able to talk me into this. I see Burg650 and Kentompkins are going, both of which I consider good riding buddies.

I'm here in Syracuse, NY and still trying to decide

SpydermanCT
12-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Living in Connecticut I think I'll schedule a vacation in June for Americade. Does anyone think there is any chance of some type of Spyderfest in the Northeast ?

dltang
12-08-2010, 11:07 PM
Every Event is so individual, that the question becomes very difficult to answer. For instance, the Official BRP Event category just can't compare. Each event has it's own flavor. Valcourt was my first long ride and we had a great time and BRP went all out. Hollywood was fantastic and as Lamont said, it was more about the ride and the relationships than anything else. I don't think the Chicago Event pales in comparison to the other two.

Spyder's in the Smokies the first year was a lot of fun. The 2nd year we only went to Lamont's BBQ but that was our plan all along. We have developed some great friendships and this was a great way to get together again.

Cuba is near and dear to my heart for reasons that have nothing to do with the Spyder, so when I had and opportunity to meet up with fellow riders there last year it was great. This had such a down home feel and the nicest people ever. I can't say enough about the Missouri Express and the Mogang.

As for others, we have gad a great time with various Banner rides and a Michigan UP ride that was a heck of a lot of fun. Also hit Niagara Falls for a great time with some SpyderLovers.

Since, I can't pin down a favorite, I just marked other. If it came down to it, it would be a tough choice between Cuba and Lamont's BBQ I think.

Trickie Dick
12-09-2010, 08:51 AM
Living in Connecticut I think I'll schedule a vacation in June for Americade. Does anyone think there is any chance of some type of Spyderfest in the Northeast ?
You might want to check this out...http://www.spydertalk.com/forums/topic/12987-spyders-in-the-adirondacks-2011/

wyliec
12-09-2010, 09:26 AM
You might want to check this out...http://www.spydertalk.com/forums/topic/12987-spyders-in-the-adirondacks-2011/

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on that myself.

chris56
12-09-2010, 11:11 AM
the european event "lived" from the enthusiasm most of the ryders showed us .. not only from the BRP organisation ..
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23901&highlight=italy
chris

bjt
12-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Potentially, dltang and I will only be able to go to one Spyder event this year also and we have made plans for Cuba, MO. :thumbup: We still would like to go to the BRP event and Lamont's BBQ also.

bullant12
12-10-2010, 08:33 AM
I voted for Spyderfest because (so far) is the only Spyder owner's event that is officially (and the only one that I know of, the other events don't seem to have an official) scheduled. I would like to go to other events, particulary to Spyders in the Smokies since I haven't been to Gatlinberg since I was a kid.

But work is another issue. Although I get 3 weeks a year, we like to travel out of the country so that alone is 2 weeks. Any other long ryding trip would be on weekends.

M2Wild
12-10-2010, 09:27 AM
You forgot Lamont's BBQ ... that's the one I would go to.

bonehead
12-11-2010, 08:44 AM
My vote is for Spyderest! Appears to be more organized
SITS was fun and we love the Gatlinburg area and the weather there.
Would due both again.:2thumbs:
SPYDERFEST!!! CANT WAIT:thumbup: