PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Fest 2011, Where are you staying?

harddrive
11-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Hey All, :2excited: about SpyderFest 2011. Where is everyone staying in Cuba, MO? :chat:

BumbleBee
11-08-2010, 05:09 PM
We are staying in the Motel 6, used to be called Holiday Express, we stayed there this past April, SpyderFest 2010.

Rooms were nice and clean, Like the location, Big Parking Lot, right off the Interstate, there is a gas station and Wal-Mart also. :2thumbs:

Ken5517 / Wish Again
11-08-2010, 05:16 PM
I just booked there :clap:

G-Man
11-08-2010, 05:19 PM
We are staying in the Motel 6, used to be called Holiday Express, we stayed there this past April, SpyderFest 2010.

Rooms were nice and clean, Like the location, Big Parking Lot, right off the Interstate, there is a gas station and Wal-Mart also. :2thumbs:

:bowdown: Wal-Mart

BumbleBee
11-08-2010, 05:21 PM
I just booked there :clap:

I was hoping you would come :2thumbs:
:ohyea::yes::ohyea::yes::ohyea:

pitbull
11-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Hey All, :2excited: about SpyderFest 2011. Where is everyone staying in Cuba, MO? :chat:

Ok on the hotels hoilday inn express was bought by motel 6, so no hoilday in express. Also I live in Cuba and not quit sure where the midway is??? So lol not sure about it. The four that are sponsers are and listing in order of my pick. Motel 6, super8 & wagon wheel, over flow to be picked up by best western. Hope this helps, the contact info is on the spyderfest web site, Lamont built.

pitbull
11-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Also you need to call in online is showing booked, but only because it's blocked all off for all of you, you have to call and let them know your with spyderfest! Thanks everyone.

Big Arm
11-08-2010, 07:07 PM
The four that are sponsers are and listing in order of my pick. Motel 6, super8 & wagon wheel, over flow to be picked up by best western.

And if there's overflow at best western.......just stay at Len's house. :roflblack:

docdoru
11-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Florida xPress: 4 rooms @ Wagon Wheel :thumbup:

dave01
11-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Florida xPress: 4 rooms @ Wagon Wheel :thumbup:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Mrs. Pitbull Buggy
11-08-2010, 08:15 PM
And if there's overflow at best western.......just stay at Len's house. :roflblack:

LOL! Bring on the air mattresses!!!!

I believe we will be posting some information on some campgrounds if anyone would like to go that route as well. There are several in the area.

pitbull
11-08-2010, 09:22 PM

My places is always open! Have to extra rooms and 2 coaches, welcome to them, just 3 miles outside. :2excited:

sandrunr1
11-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Wife and I are staying at the Hampton Inn in Rolla. Cuba only 20 miles away.

harddrive
11-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Anyone know how to edit a poll? :dontknow: I would like to remove Midway and add other...:chat:

Dudley
11-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Kjen and I just booked at Motel 6.

effgjamis
11-10-2010, 05:44 AM
Anyone know how to edit a poll? :dontknow: I would like to remove Midway and add other...:chat:

Get the web master, LAMONSTER, to do it..

SethO
11-11-2010, 01:40 AM
booked at the wagon wheel.

dave01
11-11-2010, 05:52 AM
booked at the wagon wheel.

AKA, the HULIGAN HOTEL:yikes::yikes::yikes:

docdoru
11-11-2010, 06:06 AM
WW = HH :D :thumbup:

pitbull
11-11-2010, 10:09 AM
WW = HH :D :thumbup:
thats awesome......don't be suprised if theres a sign at the ww :2thumbs:

Lamonster
11-11-2010, 10:18 AM
I can smell the burnt rubber and burnt clutches now. :D

pitbull
11-11-2010, 10:21 AM
I can smell the burnt rubber and burnt clutches now. :D
Does this mean burn out compation????:yikes::yikes::yikes::chat: :shemademe_smilie:

jedd
11-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Wagon Wheel for me Len can you have a spare rear tire waiting in my room for each night?? 3 nights would =3 tires:roflblack::roflblack:

Jim:thumbup:

Peoriafirefighter
11-12-2010, 09:32 AM
We are staying at the Ladybug RV park.

pitbull
11-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Wagon Wheel for me Len can you have a spare rear tire waiting in my room for each night?? 3 nights would =3 tires:roflblack::roflblack:

of coarse!!! but there is a V.I.P night wensday night Jim its on the web site, so should I have 4 of them for you instead???:joke::clap::clap:

Pincushion
11-12-2010, 02:08 PM
I just booked at the Motel 6, My wife and I are really looking forward to Spyderfest!

BajaRon
11-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Hey Lamont! Where am I staying? Did you get me a room or am I sleeping on the lawn again? :dontknow:

docdoru
11-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Hey Lamont! Where am I staying? Did you get me a room or am I sleeping on the lawn again? :dontknow:
You stay with Florida xPress. :2thumbs:

BajaRon
11-12-2010, 06:43 PM
You stay with Florida xPress. :2thumbs:

Sounds GREAT! Which lawn are you sleeping on?

I'm hoping to get one without SPRINKLERS! :roflblack:

bullant12
11-13-2010, 09:38 PM
Just booked for the Super 8! See you all there!:doorag:

dltang
11-14-2010, 08:11 AM
Super 8 booked yesterday for bjt and me. GeminiJane gave it rave reviews and we got a great rate. Since we are staying for 5 nights, every penny counts,

GeminiJane
11-14-2010, 06:42 PM
I'm sure you won't be disappointed - plus the smell of the free freshly popped corn every afternoon/evening is wonderful. Don't know why but I always crave popcorn when we're on the road :2thumbs:. Glad to know you and BJT are gonna make it. Look forward to being "neighbors" for the event but you hooligans will have to keep it down or old ladies like me will have to complain to management :joke:

pitbull
11-14-2010, 07:51 PM
I'm sure you won't be disappointed - plus the smell of the free freshly popped corn every afternoon/evening is wonderful. Don't know why but I always crave popcorn when we're on the road :2thumbs:. Glad to know you and BJT are gonna make it. Look forward to being "neighbors" for the event but you hooligans will have to keep it down or old ladies like me will have to complain to management :joke:

Miss Jane, so glad to have you comming and so so many others. I love the super 8 there such great people, and fresh popcorn yes, but I also here rumors that there will be more there than just popcorn for all the ryders at Spyderfest, also no worries looks like the wagonwheel will be home to the majority of the hooligans so much so we might just be flying a flag....... Lol not honor but to warn all the others :-) although that is were the thursaday night party will be........ Yikes we might be introuble!!!!

dltang
11-14-2010, 09:44 PM

You are no where near old and I have a sneaking suspicion you are every bit or more Hooligan than me. :D I am looking forward to meeting once again.

bullant12
11-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Miss Jane, so glad to have you comming and so so many others. I love the super 8 there such great people, and fresh popcorn yes, but I also here rumors that there will be more there than just popcorn for all the ryders at Spyderfest, also no worries looks like the wagonwheel will be home to the majority of the hooligans so much so we might just be flying a flag....... Lol not honor but to warn all the others :-) although that is were the thursaday night party will be........ Yikes we might be introuble!!!!

I heard free breakfasts and complementary late afternoon/early evening happy hour!:shemademe_smilie:

clueless
11-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Just reserved at the Super 8. I just based my decision on online reviews seems a good choice plus I am part of their rewards program ...

Pricing for all 4 hotels was around the same except that best western was higher and wagon wheel highest (unless they are charging less then the rate shown on their website) but all within $10 or so difference per night...

plus Super 8 was able to get me a ground floor room (I like to park my bikes outside my room when riding)....

just an FYI to save people calling around for 2 people one bed I got the following rates:

Super 8 $54.00 (called directly to get this rate)
Motel 6 $52.16 (called directly to get this rate)
Best Western $69.74 Harley HOG Rate (not sure if they did better on phone as I called and got voice mail during the daytime!)
Wagon Wheel $66 was shown for 2 people queen online (Called and confirmed their website price is the price during the event). They are taking names waiting list as they are full but they expect to have 8 more units ready by Feb 2011.

i was using the reviews at http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g44279-Cuba_Missouri-Hotels.html. it strange as when you look at recommended precentages they are different then the ratings... :gaah:

JOESPY
11-18-2010, 05:38 PM
reserved at the motel 6 can not wait to arrive in april :ohyea:

Y Rider
11-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Is the Holiday Inn Express in Cuba still there? Holiday Inn Express web site doesn't show one in Cuba. Ended up getting a good rate through my work travel agent at the Baymont in Sullivan. !7 miles from Cuba but it's all interstate.

clueless
11-18-2010, 06:00 PM
Is the Holiday Inn Express in Cuba still there? Holiday Inn Express web site doesn't show one in Cuba. Ended up getting a good rate through my work travel agent at the Baymont in Sullivan. !7 miles from Cuba but it's all interstate.

no it was sold and is now the Motel 6... what was the rate you got for the the hotel in Sulllivan ?

Y Rider
11-18-2010, 07:14 PM
no it was sold and is now the Motel 6... what was the rate you got for the the hotel in Sulllivan ?

I got it at a corporate rate but the normal rate is still good at $68 a night. Trip Advisor rates them highly. All good reviews.

pitbull
11-18-2010, 08:56 PM
I got it at a corporate rate but the normal rate is still good at $68 a night. Trip Advisor rates them highly. All good reviews.

The motel 6 was the holiday in xpresss, but now is motel 6. Sullivan is really close but is 13 miles away. We have great rates at all the hotels intown super8 is great to! I really think you would enjoy being in Cuba the after partys all go to late in the evening and wouldn't want to have to hit the high way. Besides you'll have more intown with all the other spyders..... It's pretty cool to be in the parking lots with all the bikes! And you never know the friendships you make just hanging out with the spyders in the parking lot!

GeminiJane
11-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Bump to get back on front page for those who are procrastinating making that reservation!

BajaRon
11-22-2010, 11:55 PM
I know Lamont is keeping a roster but is there a roster by hotel? Not that I am concerned, but some might want to know who is in the building (does Elvis go to Cuba?)

Lamonster
11-23-2010, 08:50 AM
I know Lamont is keeping a roster but is there a roster by hotel? Not that I am concerned, but some might want to know who is in the building (does Elvis go to Cuba?)
You can click on the numbers in the poll and see who's staying where. :doorag:

pitbull
11-27-2010, 11:04 PM
Just a bump. Was curious if the poll was still going?

Slybird
11-28-2010, 12:35 AM
I'll be staying at the Super 8 in Sullivan.....:2excited: (only because they renting out rooms for $17 less than the Super 8 in Cuba). Would have have rather stayed in Cuba, but I think I'll spend the $68 I'm saving at one of the vendors instead. :roflblack:

MSGTDOC
11-28-2010, 08:39 AM
Super 8 :chat::popcorn::popcorn:

napper39
11-28-2010, 02:33 PM
were at the mot 6,and ready right now man this wait will kill me,i wnnt it right now.:gaah:will i guss ill just have to go out and take the spyder out for a ride and calm dowen befor i blow a gasket.:yikes:

pitbull
11-28-2010, 05:33 PM
were at the mot 6,and ready right now man this wait will kill me,i wnnt it right now.:gaah:will i guss ill just have to go out and take the spyder out for a ride and calm dowen befor i blow a gasket.:yikes:

Lol I know the feeling:roflblack: I think there's a few of us that feel that way! I wish it was sooner myself!!! But lol need the time to pull it all together, feels like it's going to happen next week:2excited: but no were still a few months out:mad: glad your excited. Lamont, the mogang and I plus several other spyderlovers have worked really hard and have alot of work left to do to get ready for the big family reunion! You know the family that you Like kind of reunion:D.

Questions
11-28-2010, 09:52 PM
LOL! Bring on the air mattresses!!!!

I believe we will be posting some information on some campgrounds if anyone would like to go that route as well. There are several in the area.

What campground do you suggest?

pitbull
11-29-2010, 09:02 AM
What campground do you suggest?

The ladybug campground is supporting spyderfest. They are newly remodled and have showers houses and a pool plus they are doing a spydefest special. I think their info is on the spyderfest page. I heard There are about 10 already booked with them. There right by cowtown and just aways out side Cuba, on the y factor rout.

JJW SpyderRider
11-29-2010, 01:50 PM
Planning on staying at the HIExpress in Rolla (free nights). I've spent many free nights there whle my daughter went to school there. Very good hotel and looks like the regular price is in the $60-$70 range.

TicketBait
11-29-2010, 06:33 PM
I am staying at the expensive place BestWestern, comes with hot breakfast, bacon, eggs, suasage, waffles and a new mattress!:ohyea:

SpyderWolf
11-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Well what heck. I normally only stay at Hampton Inns but I've decided to deviate from that for this rally and stay at the Motel 6. See you all in April! :ohyea:

:2thumbs: We will be neighbors. Don't worry, if they forget to leave the light on for you, I got you covered. :D

Trooper
11-30-2010, 01:59 PM
Hi folks,

Just thought I would let you know that I just booked at the Super 8 after I called at Motel 6 and learned that they are pretty much booked. Motel 6 had 1 room left ( smoking room) for the entire length of the event plus a few availabilities for 1 or two nights.

Make your reservations quickly, as they are almost all booked. Super 8 had a few rooms left.

John
Elka Suspension

SpyderWolf
11-30-2010, 07:37 PM
That's putting it mildly...http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/video.php?do=viewdetails&videoid=179 :thumbup:

But wait! There's more! I still need to make a new video to show off the latest additions in the wonderful world of lighting up my Spyder. :D No glow-in-the-dark clothing yet, but some more pretty cool stuff. :thumbup:

Some Guy
12-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Motel 6 had 1 room left ( smoking room) for the entire length of the event.

That room is gone! I got it...I'm not a smoker, so I'll have to bring a case of air freshener spray! :D

Trooper
12-01-2010, 04:45 PM
That room is gone! I got it...I'm not a smoker, so I'll have to bring a case of air freshener spray! :D

Bring a case of Febreeze...;)

SpyderWolf
12-01-2010, 08:23 PM

:congrats:

Looking forward to seeing you again, and this time you shouldn't have to come hunt me down in a restaurant. :D

I also agree with the case of Febreeze though.

Some Guy
12-02-2010, 11:39 AM
:congrats:
Looking forward to seeing you again, and this time you shouldn't have to come hunt me down in a restaurant. :D

I also agree with the case of Febreeze though.
You can run, but you can't hide! :roflblack:

I can't wait. Last year's Spyderfest was awesome and there was less time for planning. This year's is going to be awesome!

Febreeze is probably a better product to bring than the spray air fresheners. Of course, I could always bring nose plugs! :D

Trickie Dick
12-02-2010, 11:45 AM

I can't wait. Last year's Spyderfest was awesome and there was less time for planning. This year's is going to be awesome!

Febreeze is probably a better product to bring than the spray air fresheners. Of course, I could always bring nose plugs! :D
Or you could stay at the Best Western with us other non smokers. New beds, recent remodel, all ground floor rooms and full breakfast:thumbup:

ArmyJoe
12-02-2010, 01:21 PM
I booked a room this morning at Super 8. Still some available. Motel 6 had rooms available during the week, but the weekend was full.

SpyderWolf
12-03-2010, 12:07 PM

I haven't been able to hide for quite some time now. :roflblack:

SpyderLady
12-05-2010, 01:57 PM
I have our name in at the Wagon Wheel....... so hopefully I will be there:ohyea: Count down to Spyderfest 2011. Can't wait.

sealfloorboards
12-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Looks like Motel 6 is going to be party central. I'll be there!

John
Seal FloorBoards

granpa in Cincy
12-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Just booked at Best Western

pitbull
12-08-2010, 02:48 PM
Looks like Motel 6 is going to be party central. I'll be there!

John
Seal FloorBoards
I agree John, but i truely think the party central place will be the wagon wheel! aka huligan hide out/spyderfest party thursady night.:roflblack::ohyea:

pitbull
12-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Bring a case of Febreeze...;)
thanks trooper thats awesome!!! :thumbup::clap::thumbup::clap::thumbup::clap::2thu mbs:

GeminiJane
12-08-2010, 06:44 PM
I agree John, but i truely think the party central place will be the wagon wheel! aka huligan hide out/spyderfest party thursady night.:roflblack::ohyea:

The upside of booking elsewhere, though, is that if things get out of hand at huligan central, the tear gas probably won't drift over as far as Motel 6, Super 8 or Best Western:yikes:

dltang
12-08-2010, 07:24 PM
The upside of booking elsewhere, though, is that if things get out of hand at huligan central, the tear gas probably won't drift over as far as Motel 6, Super 8 or Best Western:yikes:

Not so sure Jane. Once we get the poker game going all heck might break loose. :roflblack:

GeminiJane
12-08-2010, 09:52 PM
:shemademe_smilie::yikes::yikes::lecturef_smilie:

BajaRon
12-08-2010, 09:59 PM
I have our name in at the Wagon Wheel....... so hopefully I will be there:ohyea: Count down to Spyderfest 2011. Can't wait.

That is a great idea!

Hey! Lamont! Can you put up a real time count down banner on the front page? Days, hours, minutes, seconds.... That would be great!

Should be some kind of plug-in for that. :thumbup:

bullant12
12-08-2010, 10:29 PM
That is a great idea!

Hey! Lamont! Can you put up a real time count down banner on the front page? Days, hours, minutes, seconds.... That would be great!

Should be some kind of plug-in for that. :thumbup:

:agree::agree:Plenty of them: http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=countdown+timer+for+website+free&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&client=safari&rls=en&source=hp&q=countdown+timer+for+website&aq=f&aqi=g3g-m2&aql=f&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=4488cb887e893d25

jedd
01-23-2011, 09:58 PM
Hulligans, has anyone received conformation from wagon wheel, when I booked the lady put me on a list, I was the 9th person to make a reservation but she was still working on the Inn at that time. Len or anybody know? I'll try to call tomorrow just thought I'd post the question before I called down and bugged her:popcorn:

Yazz
01-24-2011, 02:27 PM
Hulligans, has anyone received conformation from wagon wheel, when I booked the lady put me on a list, I was the 9th person to make a reservation but she was still working on the Inn at that time. Len or anybody know? I'll try to call tomorrow just thought I'd post the question before I called down and bugged her:popcorn:

I called her a couple of days ago. They are renovating more rooms so haven't called anybody on the list yet.

We are not forgotten...:)

pitbull
01-25-2011, 11:02 AM
Yes on her weekly to get this all worked out.......be kinda like a grand opening for all the spyderlovers.......or should I say huligans :thumbup:

Yazz
01-25-2011, 01:09 PM
It'll be cool to be the first one to sleep in a new room. :D

Black OPS 1
01-26-2011, 01:12 PM
BO1 is staying at the Lady Bug RV park:2thumbs::2excited:

GeminiJane
01-27-2011, 07:04 PM
BO1 is staying at the Lady Bug RV park:2thumbs::2excited:

Sounds fun - just look out for Teddy's home made "fudge". :roflblack:

Trickie Dick
02-17-2011, 08:38 AM
Can we get an update on this poll. Kinda see what motels may still have rooms available.

pitbull
02-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Can we get an update on this poll. Kinda see what motels may still have rooms available.
Just checked Super 8 has 10 remaining room best western has 8 open and motel 6 and the wagon wheel are booked. So still room for about 20 more in cuba:2thumbs:

CyncySpyder
02-17-2011, 08:57 PM
:2thumbs:

pitbull
02-18-2011, 05:32 PM
:2thumbs:
I think the lady bug has about 10 more spots open aswell.... nice add:thumbup:

docdoru
02-18-2011, 10:03 PM
...and the wagon wheel are booked. So :2thumbs:
Huligans united :yikes:

jedd
03-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Just a FYI there are about 5 rooms available at the Wagon Wheel as of 3/7/11 at 7:26 CST this is after some cancellations and corrections just passing it on so give her a call if interested.

Yazz
03-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Just a FYI there are about 5 rooms available at the Wagon Wheel as of 3/7/11 at 7:26 CST this is after some cancellations and corrections just passing it on so give her a call if interested.

:agree:

pitbull
03-08-2011, 12:49 PM
therr are few rooms in cuba still left open just check with all the hotels and make sure you tell them your a member here!!!:2thumbs:

xpeschon
03-08-2011, 01:57 PM
Hey Len I told them that I'm a member here and they hung up on my,, Just kidding,, very polite and nice people for sure..

X-Joe

pitbull
03-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Hey Len I told them that I'm a member here and they hung up on my,, Just kidding,, very polite and nice people for sure..

X-Joe..........:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::rof lblack::roflblack:

GloryRyders
03-09-2011, 07:16 AM

X-Joe

Joe, your reputation proceeds you:roflblack:

Trooper
03-09-2011, 05:14 PM

X-Joe

They charged my card twice when they found out I was Canadian. :gaah:

:D

pitbull
03-09-2011, 05:48 PM
They charged my card twice when they found out I was Canadian. :gaah:

:D
No worries by the time the do the exchange rate it all works out lol jk:roflblack:Tropper thanks for putting a set of your guys awesome shocks up to be won on the passport rout way cool :thumbup:

BumbleBee
03-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Well what heck. I normally only stay at Hampton Inns but I've decided to deviate from that for this rally and stay at the Motel 6. See you all in April! :ohyea:

Same here, it is normally Hampton Inns for us too :2thumbs:

BumbleBee
03-09-2011, 07:02 PM

Bring your own pillow too :roflblack:

Trooper
03-10-2011, 05:21 PM
No worries by the time the do the exchange rate it all works out lol jk:roflblack:Tropper thanks for putting a set of your guys awesome shocks up to be won on the passport rout way cool :thumbup:

LOL....I hope the rate stays the same. I may have to do some cross border shopping while I am there.:clap:

No problem for the shocks. :thumbup:

dltang
03-10-2011, 05:58 PM
LOL....I hope the rate stays the same. I may have to do some cross border shopping while I am there.:clap:

No problem for the shocks. :thumbup:

Okay, now I want to win those and the paint job by Painter Dan. Too many things and too much fun, just can not wait.

Texmac1011
03-11-2011, 06:52 AM
Due to purchasing a new car, we will not be making the trip to Cuba. I just cancelled my reservation at Motel 6.

sealfloorboards
03-11-2011, 07:45 AM
I'll be at Motel 6. Can't wait!!! This is my first rally and am excited to meet you all.

John
Seal FloorBoards

granpa in Cincy
03-21-2011, 08:21 AM
Just booked at Best Western

Anybody know if BW has laundry facilities? Wife just asked and online description didn't say. :dontknow:

Yazz
03-21-2011, 12:30 PM
Anybody know if BW has laundry facilities? Wife just asked and online description didn't say. :dontknow:

Don't know if BW has laundry facilities, but Cuba has a clean laundromat that I've used before.

MouthPiece
03-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Super 8!!! Larry was kind enough to let me take over his reservations.

Chris PE# 0004

pitbull
03-22-2011, 10:31 AM
it looks like there is 64 rooms taken at motel 6, 61 rooms at super 8, 57 rooms at best western, 17 at the wagon wheel, and 23 campsites at ladybug campground. :ohyea: so are numbers we are seeing at this point not counting thous who are staying out of town are around 425 people and counting:2thumbs:

docdoru
03-23-2011, 03:24 AM
...17 at the wagon wheel...

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/3-22-20119-48-51PM.png?t=1300868475

dave01
03-23-2011, 04:16 AM
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm136/docdoru/3-22-20119-48-51PM.png?t=1300868475
:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs: