PDA

View Full Version : An Afternoons Ride

ronv
11-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Just could not stay in the house today. Temps in mid-70's a slight breeze, and not a cloud in sight. So of course a ride seemed in order (after obtaining the requisite kitchen pass):clap:

Ended up going from Sierra Vista AZ to Douglas AZ and back along AZ Highway 92. Only about 120 miles, but a nice ride.

I thought I'd add a couple of pictures to show you what the countryside looks like around here. Actually, if any of you has seen Fallout - New Vegas the scenery in the game looks allot like home!

Anyway for the pictures.

The first one is a picture of the border between the US and Mexico near the entrance of the Coronodo National Monument. The border is the black line about in the middle of the picture. As you can see, lots of security in place. Actually a pretty common sight.

The next picture was taken looking north about half way between Bisby and Douglas. You might say that this is a picture of nothing but miles and miles of miles and miles.

Anyway, another good day out and about and a reminder to myself why I put up with the heat around here in the summer.

Ron

SpyderAnn01
11-08-2010, 08:37 AM
The desert really is beautiful...even more so when it is snowing everywhere else.

Wheeler~
11-08-2010, 08:44 AM
Nice pics....sounded like a fun day.

Bob Denman
11-08-2010, 10:30 AM
:agree::2thumbs:

Lamonster
11-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Sounds like a great day :2thumbs:

fastfraser
11-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Sounds like a good day :thumbup:.

Going to have to put the :spyder2: away in hibernation . Snow .on the ground.

bruiser
11-08-2010, 06:41 PM
:agree:

ronv
11-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Sounds like a good day :thumbup:.

Going to have to put the :spyder2: away in hibernation . Snow .on the ground.

Understand about the snow..I was stationed at Plattsburg AFB NY for almost 5 years. Got there in September and began to get really worried when the supply people wanted to know what size parka my wife would need!

Hope the spyder has a nice nap.

Ron

Raptor
11-09-2010, 02:00 AM
Sounds like a great day. Any day you can get on your ride, whatever it may be and just groove with the road and nature is a great day.

I took a 26 foot U-Haul full of network equipment from S.F to New Mexico once and I found the the desert to be a strange and beautiful place. It was actually quite enchanting. I actually enjoyed it. Not sure I would want to live there; I'd have to spend some time there and not just pass through, if ya know what I mean! :D