PDA

View Full Version : Panama City or Tallahassee ?

ArmyJoe
11-04-2010, 10:59 PM
I'm heading to the WWII Museum in New Orleans for Veterans Day. On the way back, I was going to stop in Pensacola / Elgin AFB. I have enough time for one more lay-over.

Can anyone recommend things to see in Panama City or Tallahassee?

Thanks,
Joe

RAL
11-05-2010, 07:59 AM
I'm heading to the WWII Museum in New Orleans for Veterans Day. On the way back, I was going to stop in Pensacola / Elgin AFB. I have enough time for one more lay-over.

Can anyone recommend things to see in Panama City or Tallahassee?

Thanks,
Joe

Wakulla springs south of Tally or Caverns state Park in Marianna 60 miles west of Tally, take the cave tour.

RAL

BikerDoc
11-05-2010, 11:53 AM
I attended Thunder Beach in Panama city earlier this year and was really impressed with the beaches and seafood restaurants on the waterfront.. great scenery

FANG
11-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Don't forget the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola

Also the 11-12 and 13th of Nove the Blue Angels Homecoming Airshow will be taking place aboard NAS Pensacola -- Museum is on the base.

ArmyJoe
11-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Don't forget the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola

Also the 11-12 and 13th of Nove the Blue Angels Homecoming Airshow will be taking place aboard NAS Pensacola -- Museum is on the base.

This looks like a winner and an excuse to say in Pensacola an extra day. Thanks! :2thumbs:

Caverns State Park in Marianna 60 miles west of Tally, take the cave tour.

RAL

I like geology and caves, so this looks like a good thing to do on the ride home on Sunday. Thanks! :2thumbs: