PDA

View Full Version : 12000K service, DPS recall and coolant tank replacement saga

Capt John
11-04-2010, 10:58 PM
Things have not gone very well since my trip back from SITS. I took my spyder in for 12k service, DPS recall replacement and warranty coolant tank replacement. I haven't had a day off work since Sept 27th, so getting the spyder to the dealer and picking it up is difficult to say the least.

Dealer calls and says the spyder is ready to go. I pick it up and within 6 miles I'm in limp mode (check DPS and VSS fault) in heavy traffic. I get it back to dealer...hook up to buds and have to leave it. I pick it up a few days later and get 20 miles from the dealer and back in limp mode. I pull off the interstate 9 or 10 times and restart it and ride to the next limp mode episode, but I finally get it home. Dealer thinks is SAS, so they order one and come to pickup the spyder today. Now it won't start.

I would be real upset, but to be honest. I'm just too tired to let it get to me. Since July 1st till today. I've only had 15 days off from work. 8 of those days were in Gatlinburg. I not complaining about the work even though I work 12 hour shifts, because I know of so many who are without jobs and I'm thankful for mine.

This is my own observation/opinion. In which case I maybe wrong. I've noticed that spyderlovers who have never had any real issues with their spyders seem to have problems after having a service preformed on it. This was one of the reasons I waited to have my 12K service done after SITS.

Hopefully I'll have my spyder back soon. I definitely miss ryding it, even if its just for and hour or 2 every once in a while. I have now been spyderless for over a month.

Dudley
11-04-2010, 11:10 PM
I am one of those riders/owners. The 2008 SE5 was never to the dealer for any service other than recalls, or bulletins and warranty work in 43,000 miles. The new RT is in sick bay now for a leaking rear shock and should be ready this weekend (500 miles). Hope that's not a sign of things to come. lol

PCBeachBum
11-05-2010, 05:47 AM
Things have not gone very well since my trip back from SITS. I took my spyder in for 12k service, DPS recall replacement and warranty coolant tank replacement. I haven't had a day off work since Sept 27th, so getting the spyder to the dealer and picking it up is difficult to say the least.

Dealer calls and says the spyder is ready to go. I pick it up and within 6 miles I'm in limp mode (check DPS and VSS fault) in heavy traffic. I get it back to dealer...hook up to buds and have to leave it. I pick it up a few days later and get 20 miles from the dealer and back in limp mode. I pull off the interstate 9 or 10 times and restart it and ride to the next limp mode episode, but I finally get it home. Dealer thinks is SAS, so they order one and come to pickup the spyder today. Now it won't start.

I would be real upset, but to be honest. I'm just too tired to let it get to me. Since July 1st till today. I've only had 15 days off from work. 8 of those days were in Gatlinburg. I not complaining about the work even though I work 12 hour shifts, because I know of so many who are without jobs and I'm thankful for mine.

This is my own observation/opinion. In which case I maybe wrong. I've noticed that spyderlovers who have never had any real issues with their spyders seem to have problems after having a service preformed on it. This was one of the reasons I waited to have my 12K service done after SITS.

Hopefully I'll have my spyder back soon. I definitely miss ryding it, even if its just for and hour or 2 every once in a while. I have now been spyderless for over a month.

Sorry to hear about your problems and I had the DPS upgrade done a few weeks ago. The first time I took it in, the new tech said he wanted to keep it for a day and perhaps into the following week. I told him, I'd bring it back when he was less busy and he could do it than.

I brought it in on the following Tuesday and coming over to talk to me, he said the evap cannister hose was not installed and he didn't have the part. He said if you can take it for the test ryde, I can start on another one. I took it 10 miles up the road and back without a problem and the only adjustment I have made to it is to let 1 psi out of the front tires from 17 psi's to 16 psi's for better control.

I'll call them next week to find out if they have the part to extend the evap cannister breather hose and bring it in for that.

I hope you get some time off soon and get your Spyder Back under you.

SpyderAnn01
11-05-2010, 07:39 AM
I am one of those riders/owners. The 2008 SE5 was never to the dealer for any service other than recalls, or bulletins and warranty work in 43,000 miles. The new RT is in sick bay now for a leaking rear shock and should be ready this weekend (500 miles). Hope that's not a sign of things to come. lol

Mine had to go in for the shocks also. They called it a recall but I hadn't heard anyone talk about it. When they did the DPS and the shocks they didn't hook the turn signals up properly and I had to take it back. Then I got it back and rode it at night and realized that my brights don't work. I guess the moral to the story is do a real good check of all the systems before you take it home as they probably haven't checked anything!

It goes in a week from today for the brights I hope the snow holds off until then.

FANG
11-05-2010, 08:01 AM
Man sorry to hear about your spyder. As you know I had a similar problem and ultimately they had to change out my ECM. Of course my problem came at 6K.

retired1
11-05-2010, 09:03 AM
Randy;
Sorry to hear about the grief with your:spyder2:. I hope you made it home without overheating.
As soon as my dealer is done with wintertizing boats I plan on taking mine in for the 12,000 mile service. I hope your observation is wrong, because I ordered a 7'x16' Haulmark trailer so I can come down and spend some time ryding in the warm weather this winter. I hope to see you after Christmas!