PDA

View Full Version : New sponsor here for Filters & Sway Bars

BajaRon
11-04-2010, 12:30 AM
Announcing!

BajaRon Motorcycle Gear Now has a Web Page! (Link Below)

https://bajarons.com/

Yes folks! We are finally joining the 21st Century with our very own web page. We are still in the process of populating it. Not all of the products we carry are listed yet and some of the pictures are temporary. But it is up and running and you can place orders. Eventually, we will have our entire line of products listed on our website. If you don't see what you are looking for, please call the shop at 423-609-7588. We are more than happy to help you any way we can. And you're always welcome to stop by the shop and say hello.

If the Pictures are not loading (appearing) it may be that you are not logged into your Spyderlovers account. Or, that you have not turned off your Ad Blocker.

You can also purchase online at our Facebook Store. (Link Below) But we have a limited amount of product listed there. Again, if you don't see what you're looking for, please call us at 423-609-7588.
https://www.facebook.com/BajaRons-Custom-Performance-Spyder-Ryker-Gear-320868605211789/

We also sell on eBay. But that is the most expensive venue we have (to cover eBay Fees). You will get the best pricing by calling us at the shop or using our other venues.
423-609-7588

We Ship World-Wide
Contact us for shipping options and pricing[/COLOR][/SIZE]

http://img2.jpegbay.com/gallery/006344457/2_f.jpg?1947202178202180202181202178202182202183

~ Click-On or Hover your Mouse Pointer over pictures to enlarge them ~

Contact Information ~
You can call the shop between 9:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday, Eastern Time.
email us at bajarons@bajarons.com
And you can always PM me here at Spyderlovers.com, though email or a phone call will usually get a faster response on weekdays.

Prices are given in US Dollars and include delivery to 48 US States, Puerto Rico and APO unless otherwise noted.

SpyderLovers.com is a great place for Spyder and Ryker owners to get information and hook up with other riders. I am privileged to be a part of what Lamont (Lamonster) has built here.

I've been selling Motorcycle gear since 1998. If I can help you with something, please let me know. If you don't find what you are looking for, please email me at fyredad@hotmail.com. If I don't have it, I may still be able to point you in the right direction.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a list of what I am currently carrying specifically for the Spyder & Ryker

Notice!
We now have the BajaRon Ultra-Bar (Sway Bar Kit)

Short Story. You can have a Too Stiff sway bar. I call the Sway Bar a Goldilocks product. It can be too week, and it can be too strong. What you are looking for is 'Just Right'. But Just Right has a lot of variables. A bar that works great for the light, single ryder, penalizes the heavy, aggressive, 2-Up ryders, those hauling a lot of luggage in the carry compartments, or pulling a trailer (or a combination of these ryding styles). We finally found a way to make our Sway Bar safe for the light, single rider. While giving the others a bar that handles their ryding style much better than the Original bar.

This NEW, Ultra-Bar Kit is a 3-Piece design. Replacing the spring steel arms in the Original BajaRon Bar Kit with rigid billet aluminum arms. This eliminates energy absorbing flex in the system under heavier loading making this new design more efficient. It is not a stiffer bar, so you retain the nice, cushy ryde that you like. Our new bar design simply enables all the force being transferred from the heavy wheel to reach the light wheel under higher stress loads encountered when ryding 2-Up, etc. Those ryders exerting more side force (lean) will get better control and stability with the Ultra-Bar than is possible with the Original BajaRon Bar. Many who fit this higher stress category have switched from the Original Bar to the Ultra-Bar and love the improvement.

We still carry the Original BajaRon Bar Kit for All Spyders. Both bar kits will work for all ryding styles.

Generally speaking, if you are rider under 200 lbs., NOT heavily loaded or ARE a conservative, single rider. The Original Bar will serve you well. This ryding style can also safely run the Ultra-Bar, but you may not stress it enough to notice an improvement over the Original BajaRon Bar.

The Ultra-Bar is also ideal for light, single ryders who occasionally find themselves ryding to run 2-Up, or in the other categories mentioned, and would appreciate added control.

The Ultra-Bar will fit ALL Spyder models from 2013 on. (RS-RSS-ST-F3-RT)

We do not make an Ultra-Bar for the 2008-2012 models, at this time.

The BajaRon Ultra-Bar Kit is $335.00 Delivered
The BajaRon Original Bar Kit is $298.00 Delivered

If you would like more information, you can always call us at 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, EST)

The Ultra Bar Arms and End Links come in the above colors (Black - Silver - Red - Blue) These components are much more noticeable (Visible) on all F3 Models as well as the 2020 and later RT models.

Sway Bar Kits and Heim Joint End Links
*BajaRon's Custom Perfomance Ultra-Bar (3-Piece) Kit All Spyders Models and Years from 2013 and Later. (Will Not Fit 2008-2012 Spyders or any Ryker models)
*BajaRon's Original Custom Performance Anti-Sway Bar Kits - All Spyder Models & Years
*BajaRon's Custom Performance Ryker Sway Bar Kit - All Models
*BajaRon's Custom Performance Billet Aluminum Heim Joint Links for All Spyder Models & Years - (Attaches Sway Bar to Suspension - Replaces OEM Plastic Composite Links)
*BajaRon's Custom Performance Billet Aluminum Heim Joint Links for All Ryker Models - (Attaches Sway Bar to Suspension - Replaces OEM Plastic Composite Links)

Front Shock Adjuster Kits
*BajaRon's Custom Performance Front Shock Adjusters for 2013-2023 Spyders - All Models without adjusters. These will also replace later model, factory adjusters making it much easier to use. Factory adjusters require 2 spanner wrenches (not supplied). But the shock has to be removed to make adjustments. With the BajaRon adjusters, only 1 spanner wrench is required (supplied with the kit) and can easily be adjusted with the shocks in place.

Ignition Kits (Spark Plugs & Wires)
*BajaRon's Custom Performance Ignition Spark Plug Wire Sets - With or Without Spark plugs (998 Rotax Spyders Only) - Last Longer and Work Better than OEM
*NGK Iridium IX Spark Plug sets for all Spyders - Including the 1330 Three Cylinder Engine

Oil, Oil Filter and Air Filter Kits
*Engine and Transmission Oil Filter Kits for All Spyder/Ryker Years and Models - Includes all O-Rings & Drain Plug Washers
*Transmission Filter for the SE6, 1330cc ACE - All Years & Models (28,000 mile service interval)
*Amsoil - Full Synthetic - Superior Engine, Transmission & Rear Drive Lubricants for All Spyders/Rykers
*K&N Air Filters for all Spyders INCLUDING the 1330 ACE motor models - Lifetime Filter with 50,000 mile maintenance interval

Brake Components
*EBC High Carbon Steel Rotors + EBC Performance brake pads for All Spyders - Last Longer and Stop Better then OEM
*Brembo Brake Caliper Piston Retraction Tool - 2013-2024 Spyder Models - All. Makes rear brake pad replacement a lot easier

Other Items
*Gates Krikit II Belt Tension Gauge - Drive Best Tension is critical. Know what your belt tension is.
*BajaRon's 'Surf's-UP' T-Shirts - Sizes Small - 3XL

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SPYDER - BajaRon's Custom Performance Sway Bar Kits (Scroll Down for Ryker Sway Bar Kit)
Kits for ALL years and ALL models of the Can-Am Spyder. 2008-2023
Admittedly, my Custom Performance Sway Bar Kits for the Spyder are somewhat unimpressive in the box. But they are very impressive when installed on your Spyder. And that is a good thing!

Bajaron Ultra-Bar Kits
2013-2024 RT - All Models - $335.00 Delivered - Includes my Custom Performance Chromoly Steel and Billet Aluminum Heim Joint Link Set

2015-2024 F3 - All Models - $335.00 Delivered - Includes my Custom Performance Chromoly Steel and Billet Aluminum Heim Joint Link Set

2013-2016 RS, RSS, ST - All Models - $335.00 Delivered - Includes my Custom Performance Chromoly Steel and Billet Aluminum Heim Joint Link Set

Bajaron Original-Bar Kits
2008/09/10/11/12 Spyder RS, GS, RSS - All Models - $269.00 Delivered - Includes my Custom Performance Chromoly Steel and Billet Aluminum Heim Joint Link Set

2010/11/12 Spyder RT - All Models - $279.00 Delivered - Includes my Custom Performance Chromoly Steel and Billet Aluminum Heim Joint Link Set

2013/14/15/16 Spyder RS, RSS, ST - All Models - $298.00 Delivered - Includes Chromoly Steel and Billet Aluminum Heim Joint Link Set

2013/14/15/16/17/18/19/20/21/22/23 Spyder RT - All Models - $298.00 Delivered - Includes Chromoly Steel and Billet Aluminum Heim Joint Link Set

2015/16/17/18/19/20/21/22/23 - Spyder F3 - All Models - $298.00 Delivered - Includes my Custom Performance Chromoly Steel and Billet Aluminum Heim Joint Links

RYKER - BajaRon's Custom Performance Sway Bar Kit
Sway Bar Kit for the Can-Am Ryker - All Models) - $289.00 Delivered
Heim Joint Links Set - 74.00 Delivered
The Ryker Sway Bar Kit is quite a bit different than any other Sway Bar (factory or custom) made for any Spyder or Ryker to date. My Ryker Custom Performance Sway Bar incorporates a 3 piece design as opposed to the 1 piece bar currently used on all Spyder and Ryker models. The 3 piece sway bar is a proven design used on many high performance vehicles. It is a more labor intensive and expensive approach. But in the case of the Ryker. The advantages are many.

In a 3 piece sway bar, the torsion portion is straight. No bent arms. Because the arms are Billet Aluminum and not spring steel, it adds rigidity to the assembly enabling the use of a relatively smaller diameter bar to give performance of a larger diameter bar. My sway bar is slightly larger than the diameter of the Factory BRP Upgrade Bar. And of a higher grade spring steel. Coupled with the stiffer Billet Aluminum Arms, we were able to achieve a much better result without making a much larger bar. This also helps make installation easier. Eliminating the bent arms was the key to easy installation. Chromoly and Billet Aluminum Heim Joint End Links complete the kit. (See Pictures).

Unlike the Spyder models, installing the Factory BRP upgrade sway bar for the Ryker is a real BEAR! Just ask anyone who has attempted it. BRP either specifically, or accidentally, engineered the bar swap on the Ryker to be a Do It Yourselfers' Nightmare! We found it to be well beyond the tool set, skill level and patience of most people (including ourselves). Definitely not a job for the faint of heart.

So we set out to produce a sway bar which would not only out perform the Factory BRP Upgrade sway bar kit for the Ryker. But a better looking and much easier to install product. Since the sway bar is very visible on the Ryker, it was important to us that it not only perform well, but also Look Great! And, I am very happy to say, I believe we succeeded on all 3 counts! Those who have changed out their Factory BRP Upgrade sway bar for the BajaRon bar kit have reported not only a significant improvement in handling, but a much easier install process as well.

My Custom Sway Bar Kits reduce lean and dive, will greatly improve handling, steering control and increase tire traction. Though aggressive riders will get the most benefit from installing a BajaRon Sway Bar Kit. Conservative riders will also experience less lean and dive as well as a good deal of improvement in handling and control. Especially if you are riding 2-Up. You will get increased stability in all conditions, especially when riding 2-up, and in crosswinds or when passing large trucks at freeway speeds. The difference is impressive!

Everything that you need is included in this kit. Only standard tools are required for the install. Complete, step-by-step instructions are provided. I can email you instructions for your particular install if requested. Many have done this install themselves and saved installation costs. It takes the average person between 1.5 & 2 hours to complete. To have this done professionally will usually cost 1.0 to 1.5 hours at the shop labor rate.

Installing the BajaRon Custom Sway Bar Kit will not affect your warranty. Some dealerships install my Sway Bar Kit on show room models. They say the improved handling seems to help them sell the Spyder.

For more information on what a Sway Bar does, Click on the Link Below.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-A-Sway-Bar-Do (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?45754-What-Does-A-Sway-Bar-Do)

BajaRon's Ryker Billet Aircraft Quality Aluminum, Chromoly Heim Joint (End Link) Set
My Billet Aluminum Heim Joint Links for all Ryker models come in Anodized Red, Black, Silver or Blue. Orange is no longer available. You may specify color with your order. If no color is selected, you will receive the Red link set. Links can be used with the stock sway-bar, BRP upgrade sway-bar, and the BajaRon Sway-Bar. Arms will work ONLY with the BajaRon Custom Performance Sway-Bar Kit.
Link Sets can be purchased separately - $74.00 Delivered for Links ONLY. These links carry a lifetime replacement guarantee and are much stronger than the stock Composite Plastic links which come on your Ryker.

BajaRon's Spyder Billet Aircraft Quality Aluminum, Chromoly Heim Joint (End Link) Set
My Billet Aluminum Heim Joint Links for all Spyder models come in your color choice of Anodized Red, or Silver. You can specify either color when making your order. If no color is selected, you will receive the Red Link Set. You can purchase our Link Sets separately for - $74.00 Delivered - These Links Carry our lifetime replacement guarantee, and are much stronger than the stock Composite Plastic links which come on your Spyder.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BajaRon's Custom Performance Front Shock Spring Pre-Load Adjuster Kit
2013-20221 RS, ST, F3 & RT models Front Shock Spring Adjusters (Only for those Spyders WITHOUT Factory Front Shock Pre-load Adjusters) If you are not sure if your Spyder already has factory shock adjustment capabilities, email or call me. It is quite easy to verify.
Please indicate which Year and Model Spyder you have when you contact me.

Price Delivered to US, Puerto Rico & APO - $210.00 - (Will Ship Worldwide - Contact me for International Shipping Quote)
See Contact and Purchase Information at the Top of this Page

Lifetime Replacement Warranty - Limited to replacement of worn or defective part. Damage caused by accident, etc., and labor not covered.

Adjusters come in Red, Silver, Blue or Black - Your Choice (Black not pictured)
169857 169858 169859

* Does your 2013 thru 2024 Spyder tend to bottom out?
* Do you scrape the front of your Spyder on steep driveway approaches, speed bumps, etc.?
* Do you get a lot of front end dive on hard braking or turning?
* Does your Spyder sit too low in the front when heavily loaded?

Many of the 2013 thru 2024 Spyder models come with no way to adjust the Front Shock Spring Pre-Load as was possible with the earlier 2008-2012 models. That means you get the same amount of spring lift for 1 small rider with no luggage as you do for 2 heavy riders, all the luggage you can carry, and possibly pulling a trailer. Frankly, this 'One Setting Fits All Conditions' can be a bit frustrating as you have no ability to bring the front of your Spyder back up to the correct ride height when loaded.

My Front Coil Spring Adjusters allow you to quickly and easily adjust the amount of pre-load and ride height of your Spyder for any condition. This not only helps to control lean and dive. but brings your Spyder back to the proper ride height giving you more ground clearance. This helps avoid those nasty, jarring and sometimes damaging ground strikes on the front of your Spyder.

Maintaining proper ride height also helps to maintain proper front end alignment. When the front of your Spyder sags with added weight, it changes the front end alignment too. This can cause wandering, harder and less precise steering, lower fuel mileage, and accelerated tire wear. This same condition can be created in the reverse. If you stiffen your front springs with non-adjustable spacers, you will not be able to reduce the spring tension when unloaded. This can raise the front of your Spyder above the normal ride height when lightly loaded, give you a harsher ride, and may create an 'Out of Alignment' condition.

These Billet Aluminum kits are easy to adjust, simple to operate, and look great! These adjusters are designed to increase spring tension only when needed. So you do not need to trade improved ride height for a harsh ride because you can adjust the spring stiffness to your preference in all situations.

The kit comes with everything you need to do the install. There is only 1 special tool needed which is a Spring Compressor tool set. I looked far and wide and was not able to find a suitable tool at a reasonable price for this application. The tools that fit between the spring coils were way too weak for the job. And the tools I found which were stout enough would not fit between the spring coils. So, I fabricated my own Spring Compressor Tool. I charge $55.00 for this tool. But this cost is fully refundable upon the return of the tool. I have even had dealerships purchase this tool from me because the Spring Compressor Tools they had did not work for this application. The tool is ugly, but it works great!

Though it does make the install easier if you take off Tupperware, these adjusters can be installed without removing anything other than the shocks themselves. The supplied instructions are for doing this install without removing any Tupperware (plastic panels, etc.)

Adjusters come in Red, Silver, Blue or Black - Your Choice (Black not pictured)

Please indicate which Year and Model Spyder you have when you contact me.

Adjuster Kit Contains
1- Pair of Billet Aluminum Shock Spring Pre-Adjusters
1- Spanner Wrench
1- Set each, both colors of BajaRon Decals (Multi-Color & Black/Silver)
1- Set Rub Washers (Not Shown)
1- Strip of Double Sided Sticky Tape (Assists in Assembly - Not Shown)
1- Set of Installation Instructions - Non-Tupperware Removal Method.

Price Delivered to US, Puerto Rico & APO - $210.00
Will Ship Worldwide - Contact me for International shipping cost.

Custom Coil Spring Compressor Tool - $55.00 Refundable Deposit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BajaRon's Custom Performance Ignition Wires & Spark Plug Sets
Wire Sets are Custom Made by ME! They will last at least twice as long as OEM BRP wire sets. They will deliver a hotter, stronger spark, give quicker starts and better throttle response. Paired with the NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs, this is the ultimate ignition package for less than the BRP replacement parts.
See Contact and Purchase Information at the Top of this Page

2008-2016 GS, RS, RSS, ST V-Twin Spyders - All Models (SM5 & SE5)
8.5mm MSD Ignition Wire Set Only - $72.00 Delivered - (Will Ship Worldwide - Contact me for International Shipping Quote)
8.5mm MSD Ignition Wire Set & NGK Iridium IX Spark Plug Set (Includes Thermal Paste & Dielectric Grease) - $89.00 Delivered - (Will Ship Worldwide - Contact me for International Shipping Quote)

8.8mm Accel Ignition Wire Set Only - $77.00 Delivered - (Will Ship Worldwide - Contact me for International Shipping Quote)
8.8mm Accel Ignition Wire Set & NGK Iridium IX Spark Plug Set - $94.00 Delivered - (Includes Thermal Paste & Dielectric Grease) - (Will Ship Worldwide - Contact me for International Shipping Quote)
(Picture Coming Soon)

Spark Plug Wires are the heartbeat of your engine. They can't do it all on their own, of course. The other components (Coils/Spark Plugs) need to be in good condition as well. But if you can transfer more energy from the coil to the spark plug, you are well on your way to a fine running engine. Both the MSD and Accel wire sets I carry use the same Low Resistance, Solid Wire, Spiral Wound technology. Stock wires use a less expensive and much less efficient, High Resistance, Powdered Carbon Core wire. These deliver less energy to the Spark Plug when new and deteriorate quickly from there. When you Spyder starts running badly it us more likely the OEM wire set breaking down than worn out Spark Plugs.

Not only are my Custom Wire Sets more efficient. They also create less RF (Radio Frequency) and EFI (Electro-magnetic Interference) than the stock wires. This means less interference/static with our electronic gear (radios, computers, etc.)

My Custom Wire Sets will last at least twice as long as the OEM Stock Wire Sets.

Spark Plugs Only (Includes Thermal Paste and Dielectric Grease) (DCPR9EIX - Colder Heat Range Recommended for early Spyder Models - DCPR8EIX - Hotter Heat Range Recommended for Later Spyder Models)
2008-2012 GS, RS, RSS Spyders - All Models - NGK DCPR9EIX Iridium IX Spark Plugs - $21.00 Delivered - (Will Ship Worldwide - Contact me for International Shipping Quote)
2013-2016 RS, RSS, ST Spyders - All Models - NGK DCPR8EIX Iridium IX Spark Plugs - $21.00 Delivered - (Will Ship Worldwide - Contact me for International Shipping Quote)
2010-2013 RT Spyders - All Models - NGK DCPR8EIX Iridium IX Spark Plugs - $21.00 Delivered - (Will Ship Worldwide - Contact me for International Shipping Quote)
169866 169867

A lot of nifty looking spark plugs have come out over the years. Some with multiple electrodes, some with no electrode at all (Surface Gap), etc. They always get rave reviews. But you have to be careful. There are people paid to leave positive reviews to drive sales. Most of these novel looking spark plugs were developed to address a particular issue like fouling, lean fuel mix, etc. Issues which a well running engine will not encounter. Tests have shown that multiple electrodes can actually hinder flame propagation (flame expansion into the cylinder) which hinders performance. And a surface gap plug cannot be adjusted if the gap is not correct for your application.

These NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs have proven themselves on Chassis Dino's. That is why I use and recommend them. They out perform everything else I have researched.

NOTE: It is not a good idea to replace just the spark plugs if you have the OEM, BRP wire set. The BRP OEM ignition wires are of very poor quality. Not only are they designed with very high resistance, they tend to break down quickly with heat and vibration. Manipulating these stock ignition wires while changing the spark plugs causes additional damage to them. If you do not replace these ignition wires, it is quite likely that your Spyder will run worse after a spark plug change than it did before the service was performed. This is not true if you have my Custom Ignition Wire set installed, as manipulating these MSD or Accel wire sets will not damage them.

Spark Plug Replacement Kit for the 1330 Rotax Motor
$27.95 Delivered - Includes Thermal Paste and Dielectric Grease Packets - (Will Ship Worldwide - Contact me for International Shipping Quote)

I have been getting a lot of inquiries about spark plug wires and spark plugs for the 1330 Rotax engine. I hope the following information is helpful.

Spark Plug Wires for the 1330 - There are none. You will never need to purchase or replace spark plug wires on your 1330 Rotax Engine. Instead, Coil-Over or Coil-On coil packs are used. One for each spark plug. These are powered by standard 12v wires. Example pictured below.

Spark Plugs for the 1330
Ever since BRP came out with the Excellent 1330cc Rotax engine for the Spyder in 2014, I have been looking for an NGK Iridium IX spark plug equivalent to the OEM supplied NGK Laser Welded spark plug. While the Laser Welded OEM spark plug is certainly a fine product, and much superior to the copper electrode that BRP used initially. NGK's Iridium IX Spark Plugs are a step above so I've wanted to offer them to my 1330 ACE motor customers. I have found them! Finally, I am able to offer the correct KGK Iridium IX Spark Plug for the 1330 Rotax engine used in all RT models from 2014 to date, and all F3 models. And, because my supplier carries this IX Spark Plug, I am able to offer a superior spark plug for less than the OEM Laser Welded version (which my supplier did not carry)

Why use Thermal Paste and Dielectric Grease?
Thermal paste helps in the transfer of heat from the spark plug to the cylinder head, which acts as a heat sink. This process is critical to maintain the correct temperature within the spark plug. If the spark plug gets too hot it can ignite the fuel/air mixture prematurely, (before the spark arrives) and cause pre-ignition or 'Knock' which is very detrimental to the engine. Because this condition is so harmful, engine manufacturer's (including BRP, Can-Am) program the on-board computer to prevent this from occurring. When the computer senses a pre-ignition or knock condition, it automatically retards or delays spark timing. This acts to cool the cylinder and spark plug, avoiding damage. While this is a great way to prevent harm to your engine. It reduces engine power, performance, throttle response, and fuel mileage. Applying a very thin layer of Thermal Paste to the spark plug threads can go a long way towards preventing unwanted heat buildup. Keeping your spark plug in the preferred heat range so that your computer will never need to compensate by retarding the ignition timing.

Dielectric Grease is used on the inside of the Spark Plug Boot. It helps the boot to slide easily onto the spark plug, and seals the boot/sparkplug interface preventing moisture and contaminates from entering. If moisture is allowed into the boot, it can corrode the wire to sparkplug terminal connection and create problems. The dielectric grease will also keep the boots from sticking or 'Welding' to the porcelain portion of the spark plug due to continued high temperatures. This makes it very easy to slide the boot off next time without damaging the ignition wire or boot itself. It also helps to keep the boot from drying out, cracking or splitting open. You can use as much dielectric grease as you like. It will not hurt if you get some on the thermal connections.

This 1330cc Spark Plug Service Kit includes;
3- NGK CR7EIX Iridium IX Spark Plugs
1- Thermal Paste Packet
1- Dielectric Packet

Anti-Seize vs Thermal Paste
In days gone by, when manufactures first came out with aluminum heads, many experienced problems with the dissimilar metals welding to each other, (steel spark plug and aluminum head). Big problem. Sometimes the threads in the head came out with the spark plug. The use of Anti-Seize became universal and solved this problem. Though unnecessary with today's spark plugs, this practice has been passed down through the ages and is still used by many.

However, things have changed. Spark plug makers came up with a metal treatment which prevents the welding of dissimilar metal threads altogether. So Anti-Seize is no longer needed. But because engineers are always finding ways to get more horse power from ever smaller engines, it is more important than ever for each component to perform as efficiently as possible. This means closer tolerances and narrower functional parameters. Enter the Spark Plug and Lean Fuel Mixtures. For Spark Plugs to work as efficiently as required these days, they need to maintain a certain temperature. A bit like Goldilocks. Not to hot, and not too cold. Too cold and they foul, too hot and they ignite the fuel charge too early. So, it is more important than ever to keep the spark plug within a certain design heat range. From idle, where little heat is generated, to wide open throttle, where a great deal of heat is generated.

Anti-Seize, while providing an excellent, though no longer needed barrier between spark plug and engine head, acts as an insulator, isolating the spark plug from the head (thermally), reducing the amount of heat the spark plug is able to shed to the head. The spark plug can then get too hot, causing pre-ignition / knock issues and early failure of the spark plug itself or worse. Though you need not worry about damage because, as mentioned above, your computer has ways to prevent the problem by reducing engine power.

Thermal paste on the spark plug threads increases heat transfer, allowing the cylinder head to act as a heat sink, wicking away excess heat from the spark plug. This allows the spark plug to maintain correct heat range. So, regardless of where or what kind of spark plug you purchase, I highly recommend applying a thin layer of thermal paste (Not Anti-Seize) to the threads.

Here is a heat transfer graphic of how a spark plug sheds excess heat. As you can see, nearly 60% of the excess heat dissipates to the head through the threaded portion of the spark plug. Thermal paste enhances this. Using Anti-Seize on the spark plug threads will greatly reduce the amount of heat transfer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oil Filter Kits Everything you need but the Oil
Includes shipping to 48 US States. Will Ship World Wide. Contact me for International Shipping Costs
I carry Oil Filter Kits for All Spyder Models and Years
I carry Oil Filter Kit for the All Ryker Models
(Each OIl Filter Kit includes 1- Seal Kit - Appropriate Crush Washers & O-Ring(s)

K&N Oil Filter Kits

2008-2016 SM5 Spyder Oil Filter Kit (Includes Seal Kit & Domestic Shipping)
1- Oil Filter + 1 Seal Kit -$16.95
2- Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits - $31.90 ($15.95 ea)
3- Oil Filters + 3 Seal Kits - $44.85 ($14.95 ea)
4- Oil Filters + 4 Seal Kits - $55.80 ($13.95 ea)

2008-2016 SE5 Spyder Oil Filter Kit w/Extended Transmission Filter (*see note)(Includes Seal Kit & Domestic Shipping)
*If you have a 2008-2012 SE5 Spyder and you do not know if it has the Extended Transmission Filter or not. Please see the picture and information at the bottom of the Oil Filter section to determine which transmission filter you have.
*If you have a 2008-2012 SE5 Spyder which uses the original OEM transmission filter. You will need to get a HiFlo filter kit (see below) as K&N makes only the Extended transmission filter.
1- Oil Filter + 1 Seal Kit +1 Extended Trans Filter - $27.95
2- Oil Filter + 2 Seal Kits + 2 Extended Trans Filters - $53.00 ($26.50 ea)
3- Oil Filter + 3 Seal Kits + 3 Extended Trans Filters - $75.75 ($25.25 ea)
4- Oil Filter + 4 Seal Kits + 4 Extended Trans Filters - $95.80 ($23.95 ea)

2014-2023 SM6 & SE6 (1330cc ACE) Spyder Oil Filter Kit (Includes Seal Kit & Domestic Shipping)
1- Oil Filter + 1 Seal Kit - $17.95
2- Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits - $33.90 ($16.95 ea)
3- Oil Filters + 3 Seal Kits - $48.60 ($16.20 ea)
4- Oil Filters + 4 Seal Kits - $62.80 ($15.70 ea)

Can-Am Ryker Oil Filter Kit - All Models - All Engine Sizes (Includes Seal Kit & Domestic Shipping)
1- Oil Filter + 1 Seal Kit - $17.95
2- Oil Filter + 2 Seal Kits - $33.90 ($16.95 ea)
3- Oil Filter + 3 Seal Kits - $48.60 ($16.20 ea)
4- Oil Filter + 4 Seal Kits - $62.80 ($15.70 ea)

HiFlo Oil Filter Kits

2008-2016 SM5 Spyder Oil Filter Kit (Includes Seal Kit & Domestic Shipping)
1- Oil Filter + 1 Seal Kit -$13.50
2- Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits - $26.00 ($13.00 ea)
3- Oil Filters + 3 Seal Kits - $38.25 ($12.75 ea)
4- Oil Filters + 4 Seal Kits - $50.00 ($12.50 ea)

2008-2016 SE5 Spyder Oil Filter Kit w/BRP Extended Transmission Filter (*see note)(Includes Seal Kit & Domestic Shipping)
*If you have a 2008-2012 SE5 Spyder and you do not know if it has the Extended Transmission Filter or not. Please see the picture and information at the bottom of the Oil Filter section to determine which transmission filter you have.
*If you have a 2008-2012 SE5 Spyder which uses the original OEM transmission filter. You will need to get a HiFlo filter kit (see below) as K&N makes only the Extended transmission filter.
1- Oil Filter + 1 Seal Kit +1 BRP Extended Trans Filter - $25.95
2- Oil Filter + 2 Seal Kits + 2 BRP Extended Trans Filters - $49.90 ($24.95 ea)
3- Oil Filter + 3 Seal Kits + 3 BRP Extended Trans Filters - $72.60 ($24.20 ea)
4- Oil Filter + 4 Seal Kits + 4 BRP Extended Trans Filters - $92.80 ($23.20 ea)

2008-2012 SE5 Spyder Oil Filter Kit w/OEM (Not Extended) Transmission Filter (*see note)(Includes Seal Kit & Domestic Shipping)
1- Oil Filter + 1 Seal Kit +1 OEM Trans Filter - $18.95
2- Oil Filter + 2 Seal Kits + 2 OEM Trans Filters - $36.20 ($18.10 ea)
3- Oil Filter + 3 Seal Kits + 3 OEM Trans Filters - $52.20 ($17.40 ea)
4- Oil Filter + 4 Seal Kits + 4 OEM Trans Filters - $66.80 ($16.70 ea)
Seal Kit Included but Not Pictured

2014-2023 SM6 & SE6 (1330cc ACE) Spyder Oil Filter Kit (Includes Seal Kit & Domestic Shipping)
1- Oil Filter + 1 Seal Kit - $13.95
2- Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits - $26.50 ($13.25 ea)
3- Oil Filters + 3 Seal Kits - $38.25 ($12.75 ea)
4- Oil Filters + 4 Seal Kits - $49.00 ($12.25 ea)

2014-2023 SE6 Transmission (HCM) Oil Filter (1330cc ACE) Spyder (28,000 Mile Service Interval)
$118.95
170649 170650

Can-Am Ryker Oil Filter Kit - All Models - All Engine Sizes (Includes Seal Kit & Domestic Shipping)
1- Oil Filter + 1 Seal Kit - $13.95
2- Oil Filter + 2 Seal Kits - $26.50 ($13.25 ea)
3- Oil Filter + 3 Seal Kits - $38.25 ($12.75 ea)
4- Oil Filter + 4 Seal Kits - $48.80 ($12.20 ea)

* All 2013-2016 SE5 Spyders utilize the Extended Transmission Filter, so there is no question which transmission filter these Spyders need. However, for those of you owning a 2008-2012 SE5 Spyder, it is important to determine which of 2 possible transmission filters you need before you order. Most of the 2008-2012 SE5 Spyders have now been converted to the Extended Transmission filter. But it is possible that your Spyder still has the original sized transmission filter. There is no functional advantage to the extended transmission filter. So if you find that you have this original size filter, I recommend staying with it. If you would like more information regarding the advantages of the original sized filter, please emails me at fyredad@hotmail.com

Determining which Transmission filter you have on your 2008-2012 SE5 Spyder.
First, measure the length of the transmission filter cap from where it mates to the case to the end.
If this cap is 7/8" long, you have the Original Length Filter
If this cap is 1-3/8" long, then you have the Extended Transmission Filter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can supply ANY Amsoil product in ANY amount. Because I sell at my actual dealer cost, I need will need your zip code to give an accurate price quote. You can PM me here at Spyderlovers or email me at fyredad@hotmail.com

http://logos-vector.com/images/logo/lar/2/2/9/229/Amsoil_04364_250x250.png http://www.amsoil.com/shopres/products/270px/MCF.jpg
Canadian Customers can also order!
I also ship Amsoil to customers in Canada - For Canadian customers, Amsoil Products ship from warehouses located in Edmonton, AB and Toronto, ON so there are no import fees.

Amsoil is a True, Full Synthetic Motor Oil. I have carried Amsoil products for some time. It is the oil I use in my Spyder. I've had it scientifically lab tested and I am very pleased with the superior service it provides. I also like the extended change interval which means I do not have to service my Spyder when traveling on long trips. I do not recommend extending oil service intervals beyond the 9,300 mile requirement for the 1330cc ACE models.

Amsoil is completely compatible with the Spyder engine and clutch (998 V-Twin and 1330 ACE motors). It exceeds every criteria of BRP specifications and will give you 100% coverage on your warranty.

If you would like a price quote for any Amsoil product I just need your delivery zip code. If you live close to one of the several Amsoil warehouses located in the US and Canada, you can save shipping by picking it up yourself. Otherwise, your order will be delivered to your door. You can PM me here at Spyderlovers or email me at fyredad@hotmail.com I usually get a quote out to you very quickly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://img2.jpegbay.com/gallery/006347583/1_f.jpg?5198

K&N Lifetime Air Filters - 50,000 mile service interval
All Pricing Includes Domestic Shipping (I will ship World Wide - Contact me for International shipping price quote)

2008-2012 RS/GS/RSS - $55.00
2010-2013 RT (All Models) - $55.00
2013-2016 RS/RSS/ST - $55.00
1330 Ace Motor - All 2014- 2023 RT models + All F3 models $64.95
2019-2023 Ryker (All Models) - Both Engine Air and CVT Air (2 Separate Filters Needed) $55.00 Each. If you purchase both (2) at the same time they will be $52.00 each or 2 for $104.00 total.

To Purchase - PM me here or email me at fyredad@hotmail.com

169938 169939
SM5 & SE5 Type Filter SM6 & SE6 Type Filter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

High Performance EBC Brake Pads & Rotors
These are the best stopping, longest lasting brake pads and rotors I have been able to find.

EBC Semi-Sintered Brake Pads - 2008-2012 Spyders- All Models
(Includes Domestic Shipping)
Stop Better - Last Longer - Quiet

Front Pads Include Retention Spring Clips!
Front Brake Pad Set - 49.50 (You need 2 sets)
Rear Brake Pad Set - $36.00
Full Set = $135.00
These pads will not work with 2013 or later model Spyders.

2008-2012 EBC High Carbon Brake Rotors - All Models (Includes Domestic Shipping)
Front Rotors - $129.95 (Must be replaced as a pair - You need 2)
Rear Rotor - $129.95
Full Set = $389.85
These rotors will not work with 2013 or later model Spyders.
170610 170634

These EBC Rotors are not only better quality than the BRP factory rotors. They are also less expensive!
EBC Rotors are made from a special Heat Treated, High Carbon Content Stainless Steel giving 20% more friction (stopping power) than OEM rotors. Specially formulated steel compound is highly resistant to warping and wear. Though the use of EBC Rotors will increase stopping power, reduce fade and resist warping and wear better than the BRP rotors. It is not necessary to purchase EBC rotors when replacing the brake pads. EBC Brake Pads will work fine with the stock Spyder rotors.

EBC Fully Sintered Brake Pads - 2013-2023 - All Spyder Models with Brembo brake systems.
(Includes Domestic Shipping)
Stop Better - Last Longer - Quiet

170622 170623

Front Brake Pad Set - 35.95 (You need 2 sets)
Rear Brake Pad Set - $35.95
Full Set = $107.85
These pads will not work with 2012 or earlier model Spyders.

Rear Caliper Piston Retraction Tool $19.95 Delivered.
170627 170628
This handy little tool fits on the end of your 3/8" Drive Ratchet or Extension. When replacing the rear brake pads on you 2013-2023 Can-Am Spyder, you must turn or screw in the rear caliper piston to make room for the new pad set. This little took makes the job much easier. The 2 pins fit perfectly into the corresponding holes on the rear caliper piston so you can turn it.

2013-2023 EBC High Carbon Brake Rotors - All Models (Includes Domestic Shipping)
Front Rotors - $94.00 (Must be replaced as a pair - You need 2)
Rear Rotor - $142.00
Full Set = $330.00
It is not required to replace the rear rotor if you install EBC rotors on the front.
These rotors will not work with 2012 or earlier model Spyders.

170624 170625

EBC Rotors are made from a special Heat Treated, High Carbon Content Stainless Steel giving 20% more friction (stopping power) than OEM rotors. Specially formulated steel compound is highly resistant to warping and wear.Though the use of EBC Rotors will increase stopping power, reduce fad and resist warping and wear better than the BRP rotors. It is not necessary to purchase EBC rotors when replacing the brake pads. EBC Brake Pads will work fine with the stock Spyder rotors.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gates 91132 Krikit II Drive Belt Tension Gauge - Works on All Can-Am Spyder Drive Belts regardless of year or Model

Very Accurate/Portable/Easy to Use and inexpensive tool for checking Drive Belt Tension - $21.95 Delivered (Will ship worldwide)

Click on the link provided below to see a video which explains the accuracy and method of use for this Krikit gauge. The video is provided by Dayco. This gauge is marketed under several branded names. I carry the Gates version, which it is the same tool as shown in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJoGMCeGtug&ab_channel=DaycoAustralia

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My BajaRon's 'Surf's-Up' T-Shirts

Lightweight, Comfortable, Moisture Wicking, True to Size

Small thru 2XL- $22.00 delivered.
3XL - $25.00 delivered.

COLOR
FIERY RED HEATHER

FABRIC
50/37/13 Polyester/Cotton/Rayon Pre-shrunk Jersey

DESCRIPTION
Soft, lightweight jersey with moisture wicking
Seamless 1x1 rib collar with two-needle cover stitching on front neck
Tear away label
Shoulder-to-shoulder taping
Two-needle hemmed sleeves and bottom
Quarter-turned to eliminate center crease
Companion to style 601WR

Back Story (for anyone interested in such things).
I started out in San Diego, CA. Grew up, lived and worked there most of my life. In the early 70's my brother came back from overseas (Army) with the dream of buying a VW Bus and converting it to a surfer van. And that is what he did. One day I stumbled upon a blank plaster of Paris VW Surfer Bus. I decided to get it and paint it up for his birthday. This is where I got the picture featured on the back of the T-Shirt.

Over the years I spent more and more time in Baja California (Mexico) fishing Puertecitos, LA Bay, Mulege, Loreto, etc. So much so that guys at work started calling me BajaRon.

When I retired from the Fire Department, I started selling Motorcycle Gear as a sideline hobby. I've always loved both street and off road motorcycling, it seemed a natural transition. I decided to use the 'BajaRon' name given to me for the business name. Shortly after retiring I moved the family to East Tennessee.

In July of 2007, Lamont and I both purchased (pre-buy) a Can-Am Spyder. Being a new product there were absolutely no aftermarket items for it. As we put miles on our Spyders we found some aspects that we thought could use some improvement. Both Lamont and I started making these improvements and the word got out. This unexpectedly turned into a business for me.

As my products began to get better known, I got a lot of puzzled questions wanting to know how BajaRon and East Tennessee made any sense at all? Especially for those who know me here in East Tennessee. So, I decided to make a BajaRon's, East Tennessee Surf Shop T-Shirt as a bit of a gag for the owners and employees of a local BBQ place I frequent. I remembered that plaster of Paris Surfer Bus I'd painted up for my brother over 40 years before. I called him up to see if it was still around (he still lives in CA). He said; 'Absolutely! I have it sitting on top of my bedroom dresser! (I'll bet his wife just loves to see that every day!) He said; 'I'll send you some pictures.' And there you have it.

I have been amazed at how people seem to love this T-Shirt. People say they get asked about this shirt nearly every time they wear it, regardless of what state they live in. I got so many requests that I decided to make a larger order. And those went quickly as well. Now I am offering this One-Of-A-Kind T-Shirt to you. You won't find them anywhere else. It is likely that you will be the only one you know that owns one of these T-Shirts.

I hope you enjoy wearing it as much as I have enjoyed having them made.

If you have any questions, let me know. Thank you and Have a Great Day!

Ron (BajaRon)

BajaRon
11-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Here are answers to 3 questions I always get.

1- What is a 'Seal Kit'?
Seal Kits vary depending on applications. Picture below is of the SM6/SE6 seal kit for the 1330 ACE motor in the 2014-2020 RT and all F3 models and years. This is just an example and may not be what you will need. The seal kit consists of all necessary O-Rings and drain plug washers needed for an Engine/(Transmission where required) Oil Change. O-Rings are high quality made in Germany. Washers (copper or aluminum as necessary) are made in the USA.

2- Do you offer filters without a Seal Kit?
Yes, I will sell just the filter kit or just the seal kit separately if you request it. Whether or not you decide to purchase a seal kit with filter(s), I still highly recommend you have a spare Seal Kit handy anytime you change your oil so you can replace any component you may find damaged and you will not be left stranded, mid service waiting on parts.

3-Why do you offer combinations with a Transmission Filter for each Oil Change?
Originally the BRP manual called for the Transmission Filter to be changed every other Oil Change. This has been changed. BRP now recommends the Transmission Filter be changed with every oil change (SE5 Spyder Models Only).

Lamonster
11-04-2010, 10:45 AM
I finally took the plunge and became an Official SpyderLovers sponsor!
About time :joke:

groundeffect
11-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Great stuff, Ron!!!! :congrats::thumbup::thumbup:

BajaRon
11-04-2010, 10:56 AM
About time :joke:

Do you always give new sponsors a hard time? :dontknow:

BajaRon
11-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Great stuff, Ron!!!! :congrats::thumbup::thumbup:

I've already got some great SpyderLover customers and I want them to know I really appreciate their business. Some of the best people in the world are right here on this forum. :thumbup:

Lamonster
11-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Do you always give new sponsors a hard time? :dontknow:
Only when they post stuff like "You can see my Banner Add on the Home Page!
":D

BajaRon
11-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Only when they post stuff like "You can see my Banner Add on the Home Page!
":D

Well, you've got me working on this up into the wee hours of the morning. It's a wonder if that's the only mistake I made. :opps:

Firefly
11-04-2010, 01:23 PM

1- What is a 'Seal Kit'?
The seal kit consists of 1 O-Ring & 2 Copper Washers for the Engine Oil Change. The O-Ring is made in Germany and the Copper Washers are made in the USA.
http://members.cox.net/topocode/HiFlo/SealKit.jpg

1- Why do some of your combinations not supply a Seal Kit for each Engine Filter?
The manual calls for all seals to be changed with every oil change. However, this is not necessary. I went 17,000 miles and several oil changes on the original seals. And I could have gotten several more changes from them.

I do not recommend that you do this but it makes the point that changing the seals with every oil change is unnecessary. So to reduce cost I offer some combinations with a Seal Kit for every other oil change which I feel is more than adequate.

If you would like more Seal Kits than offered in the Combos above just let me know. I will put together whatever combination you like.

I do highly recommend you have a spare Seal Kit handy anytime you change your oil so you can replace any component you may find damaged.

The manual calls for the Transmission Filter to be changed every other Oil Change on the Electric Shift Spyders. I do not have an SE Spyder but if I did I would change the Trans. Filter with every oil change. There are several ounces of oil trapped behind the Transmission Filter. This old oil will mix with the brand new, high dollar, super slick stuff you just put in.

Granted, the Trans Filter probably does not need to be changed. But if you pull the Transmission Filter to drain that dirty oil, why not put a new one back in?

If you would like fewer Transmission Filters than offered in the Combos above just let me know. I will put together whatever combination you like.

Thanks for the explanation of your pricing structure. I think you may find many of us really prefer to go 'by the book' and just swap all the seals at every oil change. To me the additional couple bucks for new seals is worth the peace of mind. No keeping track of when you last changed them when you just do it every time.

So I personally would like to see an option for 2 filters/2 seals and 4 filters/4 seals...... :thumbup:

Big Arm
11-04-2010, 01:33 PM
:congrats: Ron :clap:
I'll be ordering after I use up what I have.

FANG
11-04-2010, 02:31 PM
:congrats: Thanks a bunch Ron.

dltang
11-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Fantastic Ron. My next helmet, I will be checking with you first.

Firefly
11-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Fantastic Ron. My next helmet, I will be checking with you first.

Helmet?

What's that?:roflblack:

BikerDoc
11-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Ron, I suspect Lamont subscribes to the same theory that I do, you on pick on those you care about, the rest you ignore.. welcome on board and thanks for the detailed info

BajaRon
11-04-2010, 04:27 PM
...I personally would like to see an option for 2 filters/2 seals and 4 filters/4 seals...... :thumbup:

Done for Domestic! :thumbup:

I'll get the International done soon.

BajaRon
11-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Helmet?

What's that?:roflblack:

http://members.cox.net/topocode/SpyderWeb/ThisIsAHelmet.jpg

BajaRon
11-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Ron, I suspect Lamont subscribes to the same theory that I do, you on pick on those you care about, the rest you ignore.. welcome on board and thanks for the detailed info

If your theory is correct, I'm not sure I can handle all the care he pours on me! :D

But what goes around, comes around. Ask him about my first avatar! :yikes::roflblack:

SpyderWolf
11-04-2010, 07:22 PM
:congrats: Ron! Thanks for sponsoring the site as well. :thumbup:

Oh yeah, your directions to the gas station from Lamont's were dead on. We arrived there on fumes, but at least we didn't have to push any of the Spyders. :D

BajaRon
11-04-2010, 08:11 PM
:congrats: Ron! Thanks for sponsoring the site as well. :thumbup:

Oh yeah, your directions to the gas station from Lamont's were dead on. We arrived there on fumes, but at least we didn't have to push any of the Spyders. :D

I've wondered about that and was afraid to ask! :yikes:

I know how directions can be in a strange area. You think you know what they said but when you're running on fumes things seem to get more serious.

Glad it worked out for you! :thumbup:

Marker
11-04-2010, 09:19 PM
Welcome :thumbup:

sealfloorboards
11-05-2010, 08:48 AM
:congrats:, your joining up with a great bunch of people. I held my breath and took the leap in August. It was a great decision.

John
Seal FloorBoards

BajaRon
11-05-2010, 10:36 AM
:congrats:, your joining up with a great bunch of people. I held my breath and took the leap in August. It was a great decision.

John
Seal FloorBoards

The Spyder is a great machine. It has gotten some bad press, some deserved, some not so much.

I've had mine since January 2008. A few bugs but I've got over 20k on it now and it's been the best ride I've ever owned. And I've had some great ones.

pitbull
11-05-2010, 12:24 PM
CONGRATS RON! Thats really cool! can you set our dealership us a customer??? I'd rather buy from you let me know. Thanks Ron......LOL so should we have a vendors booth set up for yoou at Spyderfest this year ???

BajaRon
11-06-2010, 12:30 PM
CONGRATS RON! Thats really cool! can you set our dealership us a customer??? I'd rather buy from you let me know. Thanks Ron......LOL so should we have a vendors booth set up for yoou at Spyderfest this year ???

No problem. Glad to do it. :D

effgjamis
11-06-2010, 01:59 PM
Some of the best people in the world are right here on this forum. :thumbup:

I agree with your statement, however, I notice that you are not listing any ditch jumping devices.

jedd
11-06-2010, 09:53 PM
:clap::congrats::bowdown: To Ron, I have a Shoei RF1000 XXXL does Arai have a similar model? I'll be due b4 next season.

Thanks
Jim:thumbup:

P.S. hows the FISQ workin for you?

Raptor
11-06-2010, 10:15 PM
Good stuff Ron. All the best to you. Concerning helmets, do you have accessories as well? I have a RF-1100 that could use a head liner. Let me know if you carry that kind of stuff.

If more detail is required or you prefer I will hit your email address and go from there. Thanks!

BajaRon
11-07-2010, 05:20 PM
:clap::congrats::bowdown: To Ron, I have a Shoei RF1000 XXXL does Arai have a similar model? I'll be due b4 next season.

Thanks
Jim:thumbup:

P.S. hows the FISQ workin for you?

Yes, both in the Profile (full face) and the SZ-Ram (3/4 helmet)

BajaRon
11-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Good stuff Ron. All the best to you. Concerning helmets, do you have accessories as well? I have a RF-1100 that could use a head liner. Let me know if you carry that kind of stuff.

If more detail is required or you prefer I will hit your email address and go from there. Thanks!

I can get parts for the helmet brands we carry (which unfortunately does not include Shoei). I should be able to run down the interior components for the Shoei though.

BajaRon
11-07-2010, 05:22 PM
I agree with your statement, however, I notice that you are not listing any ditch jumping devices.

True.... But I do have something to protect your head as you make the attempt... :D

BajaRon
11-22-2010, 11:30 PM
If you're looking for a helmet, we carry several brands.

This is an Arai Vector - Web Blue helmet - Size Small.

Nice look for a Spyder Rider! All of my helmets are New - Retail packaged. I do not have this helmet in any other size.

If you have questions email me at fyredad@hotmail.com

Retail is $590. Sale price is $349 delivered to 48 US States

Shipping to Canada $29
Shipping to Europe $45
Shipping to Australia $55

http://members.cox.net/topocode/Arai/VectorWebBlue.jpg

dltang
11-23-2010, 07:14 PM
Hey Ron,
Do you have anything in Carbon Fiber? After having this HJC Carbon Fiber I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to a heavier helmet again. Not in the market just yet, but it is always fun to ask and look.

BumbleBee
11-23-2010, 07:24 PM
:congrats: 'Official SpyderLovers Sponsor' :2thumbs:

BajaRon
11-23-2010, 10:43 PM
Hey Ron,
Do you have anything in Carbon Fiber? After having this HJC Carbon Fiber I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to a heavier helmet again. Not in the market just yet, but it is always fun to ask and look.

Yes, I have been eyeing the Carbon Fiber helmets myself. I've got a bit of a neck problem and weight on my head is always a bad thing. Plus, I want to wear a full face helmet so there you are. I'm going to spring for one when the one I've got now wears out.

We carry the Shark line of helmets and they make the RSF3, RSI and RS2R. Some of the best made, lightest helmets in the world. The RSI and RSR2 are Carbon/Arimid fiber shell.

http://www.ridersoffshore.com/images/RSIFireSharkKRYSideL.jpg

BajaRon
11-24-2010, 11:35 AM
The Quantum 2 helmet is a Round Oval fit. This is the Aluminum Silver.

I've got this helmet in size XS and XXL.

These are new helmets-Retail packaged. No demo's, No customer returns, No blems.

Retail Price - $598.00 Sale Price $299 Delivered to 48 US States.

Shipping to Canada $29
Shipping to Europe $45
Shipping to Australia $55

Email me at fyredad@hotmail.com

http://members.cox.net/topocode/Arai/Quantum2AluSil.jpg

Dudley
01-06-2011, 12:00 AM
Just ordered 2 filters and one seal kit from Ron. $25.95 delivered by USPS. No need to burn gas, etc. How can you go wrong!

BajaRon
01-18-2011, 03:30 PM
Just to let people know. I also sell these on eBay but I have to charge you more if you purchase that way. Some SpyderLovers that are used to getting filters there in the past are still buying through eBay.

That's fine with me but if you just send me an email I can give you a better price. I just email a Paypal invoice to you and it works just like the eBay checkout system. Safe and easy.

You can mail payment as well if you don't use Paypal.

Hopefully, I'll have time to get a web store up so you can just click on my Bajaron banner ad.

Questions
02-17-2011, 11:04 PM
Would you have a bluetooth headset for the Nolan n42 that would connect with a garmin zumo? :spyder2:

BajaRon
02-18-2011, 12:27 PM
Would you have a bluetooth headset for the Nolan n42 that would connect with a garmin zumo? :spyder2:

We carry the Scala, Nolan N-Com and the J&M communications systems. I must profess less than a complete grasp of what all of these offer.

I am most familiar with the Scala products. The G4 is an excellent system offering a good bike to bike contact distance of about 1 mile in good conditions.

The Scala Q2 and Team Rider systems also offer a good value.

My understanding of the Nolan N-Com is that it is primarily an intercom system that will pair with your Bluetooth GPS. It can also be used as a bike to bike radio but distance is limited. I've been told you can pair it to FRS radios and go that way for better bike to bike use.

J&M is also a quality system that offers some great plug and play with Honda, Harley and other bikes. But they can be configured for any system as well.

It all comes down to features and price. The old addage of 'You get what you pay for' is more true with radio equipment than with some other products.

Questions
02-19-2011, 12:10 AM
for your reply.

mainah
02-19-2011, 06:32 AM
Ron 1st you do the awesome lil short movies for Sypderfest and now a sponsor as well? Your super!! :):clap:

BajaRon
02-19-2011, 09:55 AM
Ron 1st you do the awesome lil short movies for Sypderfest and now a sponsor as well? Your super!! :):clap:

I enjoy both! But being a sponsor takes less time and pays better! :D

BajaRon
03-03-2011, 08:05 PM
I have had several requests for AmsOil since I carry the oil filter kits. So I have decided to give it a try to see if there is enough interest.

I use AmsOil and it does a great job. Everyone has their own favorite but I've never talked to anyone who was not happy with AmsOil. I like to carry products that I use myself and can personally recommend.

10w-30 (colder climantes) or 10w-40 (average to warm climante)

Either oil will exceed BRP specs in every aspect. Oil change intervals can be extended. Amsoil at 5000 miles will be in better condition than most oils at 3000 miles.

No worries with clutch slippage as this AmsOil provides better clutch friction than BRP oil or almost any other engine oil.

PM me or email me at fyredad@hotmail.com for a price quote.

http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/images/mct_qt_300.jpg (http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/images/mct_qt_900.jpg)

http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/images/mcf_qt_300.jpg (http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/images/mcf_qt_900.jpg)

Slybird
03-03-2011, 08:59 PM
We carry the Scala, Nolan N-Com and the J&M communications systems. I must profess less than a complete grasp of what all of these offer.

I am most familiar with the Scala products. The G4 is an excellent system offering a good bike to bike contact distance of about 1 mile in good conditions.

My wife and I use the Scala G4's and love them. Great bike to bike communication, GPS interface....but I must admit that I use it mostly for listening to my tunes via my iPhone! :D

ThreeFeet
03-03-2011, 09:08 PM
True.... But I do have something to protect your head as you make the attempt... :DDoes he really need head protection???:dontknow::roflblack::roflblack:

musicarcade
03-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Congrats Ron!
I'll come calling after I get finished w/ my service contract...

ummmm. How will you be selling & shipping items when you'll be going hither and yon chasing Lamonster across the country during the rally?

BajaRon
03-04-2011, 07:51 AM
Congrats Ron!
I'll come calling after I get finished w/ my service contract...

ummmm. How will you be selling & shipping items when you'll be going hither and yon chasing Lamonster across the country during the rally?

My wife ships for me when I'm out and about. She is very fast but she has no clue as to what is what. And she is usually not happy with me running around with all you good folks.

So, she just grabs something, throws it in a box and ships it. You never know what you're going to get! :yikes:

Some customers get lucky but most of them are pretty hot by the time I get back! :roflblack:

BajaRon
03-04-2011, 08:00 AM
Great to see you here Ron.
I've purchased from you on Ebay.

Hey, how 'bout air filters?

We carry the full line of K&N products includig the filter for the RS.

Trickie Dick
03-04-2011, 10:00 AM
My wife shipps for me when I'm out and about. She is very fast but she has no clue as to what is what. And she is usually not happy with me running around with all you good folks.

So, she just grabs something, throws it in a box and ships it. You never know what you're going to get! :yikes:

Some customers get lucky but most of them are pretty hot by the time I get back! :roflblack:
You just can't find good help these days:gaah:

BajaRon
03-04-2011, 04:04 PM
You just can't find good help these days:gaah:

It's ok, I didn't marry her for her grasp of motorcycle aftermarket merchandise! :D

If it were up to her, I'd be shipping oil filters in designer bags! :gaah:

M109Dreamer
05-22-2011, 10:13 PM
Ron,
Does the seal kits include the o-ring for the transmission filter bowl? Or could you also have a price for those as well?

I always have replaced washers and especially o-rings and just figured if I'm gonna replace the o-ring for the engine oil I would want to relace the o-ring for the transmission filter bowl as well?
Thanks,
Shane

RetiredCGRider
10-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Do you have the Air Filter for the 2011 RT-S.

currin20fan
10-20-2011, 06:12 AM
Are you carrying the filters & rings for the 2011 RT Limited also?

BajaRon
10-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Ron,
Does the seal kits include the o-ring for the transmission filter bowl? Or could you also have a price for those as well?

I always have replaced washers and especially o-rings and just figured if I'm gonna replace the o-ring for the engine oil I would want to relace the o-ring for the transmission filter bowl as well?
Thanks,
Shane

Yes, the Engine Oil Filter kit includes 1- O-Ring and the 2 Copper Washers (Crank Case & Reservoir). The Transmission Filter includes the appropriate O-Ring. It doesn't come with the filter, I purchase them separately and add them to the set.

Do you have the Air Filter for the 2011 RT-S.

I do carry the K&N filter for the Spyder but my price is not very good. You can find it for less on the web. Plus there is a sponsor here on SpyderLovers that has a great Green filter that I would recommend.

Are you carrying the filters & rings for the 2011 RT Limited also?

All Spyder Models and Years take the same Oil Filter Sets. The only difference is the Manual (SM5) does not require the Transmission Filter that the Electric Shift models (SE5) need. I highly recommend changing the Transmission Filter with every oil change. I've been told that BRP now recommends this as well. Originally the book recommended a transmission filter change every other oil change. This never made good sense.

The RT and RS do take different Air Filters, however.

CyncySpyder
10-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Ron, it's start'n to get cold again & I swore last year that I'd get a new winter Ryde'n helmet that could be used while riding in rain, freezing temps, snow (winter riding) that either greatly reduces or eliminates the fogging issues, has Bluetooth connectivity (Garmin Zumo 665 + droid) and won't cost Teddy an Arm & Leg? Any suggestions? Thanks ;)

ornerydog7
11-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Ron, still holding out for this jacket. Tried getting a 2011, but you were out of the size I needed. Decided to wait for the 2012's. Any idea as to when you may have these available? As stated before, I am interested in a men's XL and a ladies XL. Thanks.

Ralph

recordingguy
11-07-2011, 09:41 AM
Bought 4 filters for my RTS from you using Paypal. I got a notice from Ebay that I was circumventing them by buying from you direct through Spyder Lovers. You need to strighten them out. Bob Recordingguy

BajaRon
11-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Ron, still holding out for this jacket. Tried getting a 2011, but you were out of the size I needed. Decided to wait for the 2012's. Any idea as to when you may have these available? As stated before, I am interested in a men's XL and a ladies XL. Thanks.

Ralph

I've still got a few of the closeout Kilimanjaro jackets left. I've got the Women's XL DayGlo in stock for $169.00 delivered. But I think we covered that option awhile ago.

The new Kilimanjaro jacket is due in stock on the 15th. Hopefully they will come in on time or even a little early.

Here is a list of the closeout Kilimanjaro sizes I still have for $169.00 delivered. These tend to run large so most people can actually go 1 size smaller then they would normally wear.

Silver/Gray
Men's - Small, Medium & 2XL
Women's - Small, Medium & Large

DayGlo High Visibility
Women's - 2XL

BajaRon
11-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Bought 4 filters for my RTS from you using Paypal. I got a notice from Ebay that I was circumventing them by buying from you direct through Spyder Lovers. You need to strighten them out. Bob Recordingguy

Really? Can you forward a copy of that to me at fyredad@hotmail.com I would greatly appreciate it.

ornerydog7
11-07-2011, 03:06 PM
​Thanks Ron, I'll check back with you.
I've still got a few of the closeout Kilimanjaro jackets left. I've got the Women's XL DayGlo in stock for $169.00 delivered. But I think we covered that option awhile ago.

The new Kilimanjaro jacket is due in stock on the 15th. Hopefully they will come in on time or even a little early.

Here is a list of the closeout Kilimanjaro sizes I still have for $169.00 delivered. These tend to run large so most people can actually go 1 size smaller then they would normally wear.

Silver/Gray
Men's - Small, Medium & 2XL
Women's - Small, Medium & Large

DayGlo High Visibility
Women's - 2XL

BajaRon
11-07-2011, 03:20 PM
​Thanks Ron, I'll check back with you.

And I'll let you know if they come in early.

BajaRon
01-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Filter pricing updated. Have a great New Year! :ohyea:

DragonLorD
01-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Filter pricing updated. Have a great New Year! :ohyea:

........still can't see plugs and plug wires listed
It was actually today when I spent hours and hours searching for plug wires, something at the back of my head was saying, Ron or Bajaron or Fyredad and when I finally found it ...........
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
........I was so massively angry I had to go for spin, even when flu is killing me
Search engine here is useful like submarine in the middle of the desert
If you still manufacture and sell them, list them up please, would it make a sense?
Thanks

BajaRon
01-07-2012, 08:11 PM
........still can't see plugs and plug wires listed
It was actually today when I spent hours and hours searching for plug wires, something at the back of my head was saying, Ron or Bajaron or Fyredad and when I finally found it ...........
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
........I was so massively angry I had to go for spin, even when flu is killing me
Search engine here is useful like submarine in the middle of the desert
If you still manufacture and sell them, list them up please, would it make a sense?
Thanks

I am sorry for the inconvenience. I just don't have the time right now to get everything streamlined. I've updated this post which is linked from my banner add on the front page. Hopefully this will help a bit.

DragonLorD
01-07-2012, 08:25 PM
I am sorry for the inconvenience. I just don't have the time right now to get everything streamlined. I've updated this post which is linked from my banner add on the front page. Hopefully this will help a bit.

Perfect,thank you
:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

nudle
01-08-2012, 11:02 AM
:roflblack::roflblack:Low blow.

BajaRon
01-10-2012, 09:26 AM
Perfect,thank you
:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Hopefully the EBC rotors and the New Improved brake pad compound will also be a hit. If so, I will be carrying that product as well.

wilfredopr
02-22-2012, 05:47 PM
How can i place an order ?

BajaRon
02-22-2012, 06:43 PM
How can i place an order ?

You can PM me here at Spyderlovers or email me at fyredad@hotmail.com

Payment can be made by Paypal via email or you can make payment by mail with check or MO. Either way works fine.

Smokinspyder
02-23-2012, 05:57 PM
Baja Ron Thank you for the order of the plugs and wires .. they arrived in great shape and quickly . Thank you for the help you are a rock star ! :firstplace:

Sarge707
02-23-2012, 06:02 PM
Ordered filters Tuesday and they arrived here Thursday , Great Prices Tooooo!!!nojoke

Papa
04-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Ron - - I sent you an email @ a jacket.

Dar
04-10-2012, 08:48 PM
need oil kit and jacket

Papa
04-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Three days later and I have my jacket. Great service. Thanks Ron

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

SteveMac
04-11-2012, 07:22 AM
Great service from Ron! I got my three oil change kits within days of ordering and that fresh new full synth Amsoil makes for a MUCH smoother running machine and shifts (up and down) are more smooth as well!

Thanks Ron!

sschiltz
06-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Great service
Amsoil came yesterday, filters today!!

Crisis
06-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Do you have the new oil filter and transmission filter (larger) with new cap for the SE5 that was posted in the bulletin from BRP?

TexasSpyder
06-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Do you have the new style filters for the semi auto trans? does it include the new cap?
Sorry mised the other posrt asking the same question.

J. D.

BajaRon
06-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Do you have the new style filters for the semi auto trans? does it include the new cap?
Sorry mised the other posrt asking the same question.

J. D.

Sorry, I did not see these posts. Threads get burried so fast around here if you're not on several times a day they can just blow by.

No, I do not have the new filters or the extended caps. The caps will be a dealer only item anyway.

But I don't feel too bad about it. #1, the trans filters I've been selling for 2 years have performed flawlessly. #2, many, if not most, of the dealers seem not to have them either.

I have discussed this with HiFlo (my filter supplier) and they are aware of the changes and will be producing a filter with the new dimensions for the transmission. It is probably not necessary for HiFlo to alter the engine oil filter, but understanding that perception is 99% of marketing, they may make unnecessary changes to their current filter to satisfy customers concerns.

BaerSpyder
07-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Received my wires today, perfect fit & cleaned up a skipping issue at temp. Great service, I'll be back!

Big Bird
08-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Ron, I need to know how much the wire set is. And how does the new sway bar compare to the early replacement/upgrade? i have one of those on the 'Bird...

BajaRon
08-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Ron, I need to know how much the wire set is. And how does the new sway bar compare to the early replacement/upgrade? i have one of those on the 'Bird...

Anytime you want to see what I've got & pricing you can click on my Banner Ad on the Home Page here at Spyderlovers.com. The banner ad below will also get you there.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/sponsors/bajaron.jpg (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?23928-New-sponsor-here-for-Filters-amp-Helmets)

I carry 2 wires set versions, MSD (RED) and Accel (Black). They are of similar construction using the same process to get spark from the coil to your Spark Plug (Low resistance Spiral Wound Copper Alloy Wire instead of the OEM High resistance Carbon Impregnated Core). The Accel wire is thicker (8.8mm to 8.5mm and the Accel outer skin is more heat and cut resistant than the MSD wire). However, both will perform very will on your Spyder.

The problem with any high resistance carbon core wires is not just the spark robbing attribues of this kind of conductor, but it also breaks down as electrical current passes through it and is very susceptible to heat, vibration and manipulation damage.

There is a lot of heat under our Tupperware and our wires are routed right above the exhaust and between the cyclinders giving these carbon core wires a real workout.

When I first started selling just the Iridium spark plugs the rumor began that this type of spark plug was bad for the Spyder because after installation the engine ran so poorly. It was logically assumed that the new Iridium plugs were to blame. But it was not the spark plugs at all, it turned out that the fragile OEM wires were irreparably damaged during spark plug replacement.

The MSD wire set is $65.00 delivered and the Accel is $72.00 delivered. Dielectric grease and Thermal Past included.

The Accel wire costs me more so that is why the price difference. I highly recommend installing a good quality Iridium spark plug of the correct heat range with my wire set. They complement each other very well and you will get the maximum performance and longevity from your ignition system that way. I sell the NGK Iridium spark plugs for $17.00 a set delivered.

For the Sway Bar, I assume you are referring to the EVO (Evoluzione) products that are now discontinued. My bar is a bit stiffer than the last version of the EVO bar. Comparing my bar to the EVO bar I had on my Spyder, it is of better quality than the EVO bar.

I cannot speak to the earlier versions of the EVO bar because I never owned one. But my feeling is that they used the same basic materials for all of their versions so the same would hold true.

For Payment I can invoice your Paypal account by email. Very easy and quick. You can also mail payment if you prefer. Both work just fine.

Big Bird
08-22-2012, 06:18 AM
Anytime you want to see what I've got & pricing you can click on my Banner Ad on the Home Page here at Spyderlovers.com. The banner ad below will also get you there.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/sponsors/bajaron.jpg (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?23928-New-sponsor-here-for-Filters-amp-Helmets)...

Ron, I click on the banner ad and it just keeps looping to the forum ... and thank you for your quick and informative response. I cannot seem to get to your 'catalog' page... Glenn aka Big Bird

BajaRon
08-22-2012, 08:08 AM

http://www.spyderlovers.com/sponsors/bajaron.jpg (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?23928-New-sponsor-here-for-Filters-amp-Helmets)...

Ron, I click on the banner ad and it just keeps looping to the forum ... and thank you for your quick and informative response. I cannot seem to get to your 'catalog' page... Glenn aka Big Bird

Right now that is my catalog page. It's a forum post with the items that I have that are Spyder specific. I don't list jackets, helmets, etc., there because it would take quite a bit of room.

If you're looking for something that is not listed on that forum page just PM or email me at fyredad@hotmail.com

BajaRon
08-22-2012, 09:49 PM
my 08 GS M5... set of Accel wires, pair of spark plugs... paypal

<snip>.....<snip>

Thanks again... Glenn

P.S. Do you handle the mirror extensions, or do I have to go to KM? gj

It's best to handle orders by PM or email. I've sent you a PM reply.

Any information you post here can be read by anyone. PM's keep things a bit more private. Just saying.

SpyderSue
08-26-2012, 07:22 AM
Oil kit arrived very quickly. Change done. My guy who has ridden BMW's forever said your products were exactly right. Thanks for the great service!

lionking
08-30-2012, 08:52 PM
Ron, there is no link to order! Am I missing something?

Yello Jacket
09-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Hello fellow Tennessean,
I am changing my oil in my 08 sm spyder for the first time and want to go with amsoil. I ordered the seals from you and saw tha you have amsoil. Can you send me a price on what it would cost me to get enough oil shipped to Covington, Tennessee. I am 60 miles north of Memphis in area code 38019.

Thanks,
Yello Jacket :doorag:

BajaRon
09-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Ron, there is no link to order! Am I missing something?

Don't know how I missed this one. You can PM me or email me at fyredad@hotmail.com

Black Pig
10-14-2012, 04:12 PM
Whale oil beef hooked!

I bought four filters from you via ebay earlier this yeart and just for info, the price for the four plus seal kits was cheaper than ONE filter from the local dealership.

Good work mate and I wiil be ordering from you again.

:thumbup:

Buster

BajaRon
10-14-2012, 04:48 PM
Whale oil beef hooked!

I bought four filters from you via ebay earlier this yeart and just for info, the price for the four plus seal kits was cheaper than ONE filter from the local dealership.

Good work mate and I wiil be ordering from you again.

:thumbup:

Buster

Be sure to order from Spyderlovers and not from eBay. Ebay charges me fees that I have to cover in higher prices plus I always give Spyderlovers a break on anything I sell if they come through this forum.

You can click on my Banner ad here or on the Home Page here at Spyderlovers to get pricing.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/sponsors/bajaron.jpg (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?23928-New-sponsor-here-for-Filters-amp-Helmets)

SPYD1
01-13-2013, 03:18 PM
Which wires and plugs do you suggest for a 2009 rs?

spyderjim2012
01-17-2013, 07:03 PM
How do i get one and were .2012 RT.se5,jim 254 230 6028

BajaRon
01-17-2013, 07:55 PM
Which wires and plugs do you suggest for a 2009 rs?

Either the MSD or the Accel are very good wire sets. The Accel wire has more insulation and a tougher hide. Both use the same Spiral Wound Core technology and both are very good products. Far superior to the Carbon Core OEM wire sets. They will deliver more spark to the plug, reduce the load on the coil and last 2-3 times longer than OEM wires.

BRP calls for the colder heat range plugs for the RS/GS/RS-S and a hotter heat range for the RT. I sell both. Some are putting the hotter heat range RT plug in the RS/GS/RS-S. My recommendation is that if you ride aggressively and or live or ride in warm to hot climates, stick with the colder plug. If you are a gentle rider and or ride in mostly cool or cold climates then you might want to go with the hotter heat range plug in the RS.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg205/scaled.php?server=205&filename=msdwire.jpg&res=medium

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/Spyder/accel300racewire1.jpg

How do i get one and were .2012 RT.se5,jim 254 230 6028

I am currently out of the RT Custom Performance Sway Bars. They have been selling faster than I can have them produced. I think I've got that issue fixed. I've got more of these coming and I hope to be able to ship sometime next week. It depends on how long it takes my powder coater to get them painted.

For payment I can invoice you by email for Paypal or you can mail payment. Either way works fine. You no longer need a Paypal account to make payment with that method.

If you would like to be placed on the notification list please email me at fyredad@hotmail.com

Spyderkid
03-11-2013, 06:43 AM
Good morning Ron :D

About the sway bars, will you have a vendors boot at the Ozark, MO Spyderfest, and installation ?

Thanks,:thumbup:

Norm

e-mail: chicota@live.ca

Abbot Spyder
03-14-2013, 02:42 PM
I need the longer bolts for the sway bar. Thank you
Abbot Spyder

JayJay
04-29-2013, 09:53 AM
Good Morning Ron,

I just bought a 2013 RT Limited and I am very interested in purchasing your anti-sway bar. What is the status of bar availability for 2013 spyder models? Also do you know the cost of shipping to Toronto Canada including custom brokerage fees? If there is a choice I would prefer shipping by USPS. Their custom brokerage fees are reasonable, unlike Fed Ex and UPS were their fees border on the obscene.

Thanks & Regards,

John J.

Marker
04-29-2013, 10:14 AM
Good Morning Ron,

I just bought a 2013 RT Limited and I am very interested in purchasing your anti-sway bar. What is the status of bar availability for 2013 spyder models? Also do you know the cost of shipping to Toronto Canada including custom brokerage fees? If there is a choice I would prefer shipping by USPS. Their custom brokerage fees are reasonable, unlike Fed Ex and UPS were their fees border on the obscene.

Thanks & Regards,

John J.

fastfraser gave this information to me for picking things up in USA it is located about an 1.5 hrs from Guelph. The company is called U.S. Address located at 3909 Witmer Road Niagara Falls New york Tel(716)298-1822 I use them all the time save on brokerage fees and shipping charges. Just pay per parcel by weight http://www.usaddressinc.com/
Just register first it is easy cost is $5.00 US and you only pay once

spydergramp
05-06-2013, 08:39 PM
Ron,
I received and installed the BajaRon sway bar on my 2010 rt-s,it was an easy install ,I didn't expect to see much difference in handling, it took most of the sway from crosswinds and corning was more stable,my wife even noticed the difference:bowdown:.
I wish I had installed it earlier , I highly recommend the BajaRon sway bar,it's all or more than advertised :thumbup:

Thanks Ron,
Tom

Trypod
05-24-2013, 09:06 PM
Ron, I gotta say, I had doubts.......What a great investment in my 2012 RT-S!!:2thumbs: Bar works great. Fast delivery, install was simple and straight forward. I never knew our Spyders could handle that sweet. I have much more confidence in the cornering and cut right through cross winds. Backed off the front shock preload to 3 and the ride is comfy again. Great product, great service...can't ask for more. Thanks!!:thumbup:

Highwayman2013
05-28-2013, 08:07 AM
PM sent

Brogers57
07-15-2013, 10:01 PM
Installed tonight. Easy install. A few steps weren't in the instructions but easy to figure out. Very fast shipping. Will test this weekend after other installs are completed!

TOPDOGJIM
07-22-2013, 09:36 AM
That's it, I am selling one of my guitars to buy this. My wife does not know about the guitar but she will be happy with the improved handling of the Spyder. Sounds like a plan to me...

Jim

BajaRon
07-22-2013, 10:13 AM
That's it, I am selling one of my guitars to buy this. My wife does not know about the guitar but she will be happy with the improved handling of the Spyder. Sounds like a plan to me...

Jim

You will not be disappointed Jim! But I hate to see you get rid of a good guitar!

serf
07-22-2013, 11:45 AM
Hopefully you have a guitar you won't miss too much :confused: I have the RS baja bar and am so glad I went that route instead of shocks. ... saved me a bundle.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

TOPDOGJIM
07-22-2013, 01:29 PM
You will not be disappointed Jim! But I hate to see you get rid of a good guitar!

No worries Ron, it was a CL find, and a steal of a price. Was going to be a keeper but now I am going to flip it instead. I have other guitars as that is my other passion.

BajaRon
07-22-2013, 01:34 PM
No worries Ron, it was a CL find, and a steal of a price. Was going to be a keeper but now I am going to flip it instead. I have other guitars as that is my other passion.

Ok, that's good... I feel better now! :ohyea:

steve635
07-22-2013, 01:56 PM
I hocked my fiancé 's engagement ring for mine. It was worth it!

Disclaimer - Any claim of hocking a ring is strictly hyperbole intended to Indicate total satisfaction with this product.

Doug
07-29-2013, 06:12 AM
Maybe I missed it, but do you have the kit for the 2013 ST Limited if so where can I obtain info. What else can be modifyed to make the spyder ride better. By adding this kit would warranty be void

BajaRon
07-29-2013, 08:01 AM
Maybe I missed it, but do you have the kit for the 2013 ST Limited if so where can I obtain info. What else can be modifyed to make the spyder ride better. By adding this kit would warranty be void

Changing the sway bar will not void or affect your warranty.

I have sway bars for all Spyders, years and models in stock ready to ship including the 2013 ST. I will ship these worldwide. Here are costs for the various bars shipped to the 48 US States.

2008-2012 RS, GS, RSS - $179.00 delivered.
2010-2012 RT, RTS, RT Ltd. - $199.00 delivered.

2013 RS, RSS, ST, STS, ST Ltd. - $219.00 delivered.
2013 RT, RTS, RT Ltd. - $219.00 delivered.

I am also now offering Chrome Moly replacement Heim Joint Links for the OEM composite plastic links for $65.00 delivered.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/Spyder/LinkA_zpsaa2f5fd6.jpg

The sway bar upgrade will give you a great amount of improvement. If you want to go up another notch you need to look at upgrading your shocks to the Fox shocks offered by BRP or the Elka's offered by Pit Bull Powersports.

Doug
07-29-2013, 08:36 AM
Sorry for my ignorance, but what does changing the joint links from oem plastic to chrome moly. I live in Brights Grove, Ontario, Canada how do I go about placing an order, using master card, and what would the cost be plus delivery to my home.

Magdave
07-29-2013, 09:04 AM
Sorry for my ignorance, but what does changing the joint links from oem plastic to chrome moly. I live in Brights Grove, Ontario, Canada how do I go about placing an order, using master card, and what would the cost be plus delivery to my home.

There have been reports of the plastic ones breaking especially on the 2013. They had a bad batch with a #4 ID on them. If they had a #4 and a white dot supposedly they are OK but I figured why chance it + the metal ones look :doorag: and seem to hold position better. My plastic ones were deflected so much they rubbed the A frame attachment point. Rubbing a plastic part can't be a good thing. Ron's are designed so they cannot deflect that much because they are not as thick as the plastic ones so no rubbing.

BajaRon
07-29-2013, 11:54 AM

My Chrome Moly links are much stronger than the OEM units but will not give you any performance improvement. As long as your OEM composite plastic links are in good condition the function will be the same.

I have seen, as reported by Magdave, that the wider OEM links rotate to a point (which they are designed to do) where they rub on the upper mount channel. While this rubbing is not ideal, the breakage I've seen has not occurred in the area of contact, but at the Heim ball radius. It may be that contact with the mounting channel is increasing the stress at the break point, I don't know.

At the very least, I recommend checking your OEM links (or having them checked) to determine if they are from the problematic batch. Otherwise, you risk having breakage at an inconvenient time. Your BRP dealer will replace the defective links at no charge.

MMcc
08-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Ron; received both sway bar and heim links. Hope to install soon. One question, I assume the sway bar is located on the bolt shoulder outside the top-hat shaped washer on the heim link photo. Is this correct? Everything is top quality. Thanks for a great product..

QUOTE=BajaRon;663896]Changing the sway bar will not void or affect your warranty.

I have sway bars for all Spyders, years and models in stock ready to ship including the 2013 ST. I will ship these worldwide. Here are costs for the various bars shipped to the 48 US States.

I am also now offering Chrome Moly replacement Heim Joint Links for the OEM composite plastic links for $65.00 delivered.

The sway bar upgrade will give you a great amount of improvement. If you want to go up another notch you need to look at upgrading your shocks to the Fox shocks offered by BRP or the Elka's offered by Pit Bull Powersports.[/QUOTE]

BajaRon
08-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Ron; received both sway bar and heim links. Hope to install soon. One question, I assume the sway bar is located on the bolt shoulder outside the top-hat shaped washer on the heim link photo. Is this correct? Everything is top quality. Thanks for a great product..

QUOTE=BajaRon;663896]Changing the sway bar will not void or affect your warranty.

The sway bar upgrade will give you a great amount of improvement. If you want to go up another notch you need to look at upgrading your shocks to the Fox shocks offered by BRP or the Elka's offered by Pit Bull Powersports.[/QUOTE]

The BRP engineers do not seem to feel it matters which way you mount the Sway Bar bolt and I have found it really doesn't appear to make any difference.

While the links are identical, the assembly sequence is a bit different between the Pre-2013's and the 2013 models. This is due to a difference in the mounting brackets on the 2013 models. These pictures should have been supplied with the Link Kit Install Instructions.

So far I have been emailing the instructions. It saves me Paper/Ink/Time and the pictures are much clearer on the screen than they are on paper. If you did not get a copy of the instructions in your email let me know.

2013 Link Kit Assembly Sequence

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/Spyder/LinkInstall4_zpsc9ffdee2.jpg

​Pre-2013 Link Kit Assembly Sequence

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/LinkInstall2_zps36bc101f.jpg

MMcc
08-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Ron. Thanks for the quick response and great photos with explanation. Sorry, never received the email but that could be in my spam folder. I turn the filter up a few notches while in China.

SNOOPY
09-26-2013, 07:14 PM
Do you have a website or is this still done through email/paypal?

Looking at sway bar and heim joints for a 2013 STS, are these regular stock items?

SNOOPY
09-26-2013, 07:16 PM
And how much has to come apart to install the sway bar? :roflblack:

BajaRon
09-26-2013, 07:53 PM
Sorry, still no web site. Anyone can reach me or place an order by emailing me at fyredad@hotmail.com

I wish the Heim Joint Links were a regular stock item, and they will be at some point. I have not been able to make them fast enough to even get a set on my Spyder! I'm out of them right now but hope to have a billet aluminum kit in a few weeks.

The sway bars are in stock for every model.

Not too much has to come off to install the sway bar on the 2013 or 2014 models. And all of it is underneath the Tupperware. The biggest challenge is getting the Spyder up about 18" to have enough clearance to get the OEM bar out and the Custom bar in.

SNOOPY
09-26-2013, 07:59 PM
My bike has the stock heims w/ a 4 on it and no dot, the ones that should be replaced. I take it I should wait til I have your new heims before installing your swaybar?

Magdave
09-26-2013, 08:55 PM
My bike has the stock heims w/ a 4 on it and no dot, the ones that should be replaced. I take it I should wait til I have your new heims before installing your swaybar?
Take your pick I got new plastic ones from the recall but have Ron's on the bike. Get the parts BRP owes you and save them incase you want to go back to stock (2015?) It takes about 10 min on a car ramp to change them. Go ahead and do the bar and decide later. The Bar was a bear for me on the 13. Getting the old one off was easy not so much getting Ron's on. Results may vary :roflblack: Either way it will ride better.

SNOOPY
09-26-2013, 09:01 PM
Thanks, I appreciate your input. :thumbup:

I wonder how much difference there is in your RT compared to my ST-S swaybar?

SNOOPY
10-09-2013, 09:25 AM
Sorry, still no web site. Anyone can reach me or place an order by emailing me at fyredad@hotmail.com

I wish the Heim Joint Links were a regular stock item, and they will be at some point. I have not been able to make them fast enough to even get a set on my Spyder! I'm out of them right now but hope to have a billet aluminum kit in a few weeks.

The sway bars are in stock for every model.

Not too much has to come off to install the sway bar on the 2013 or 2014 models. And all of it is underneath the Tupperware. The biggest challenge is getting the Spyder up about 18" to have enough clearance to get the OEM bar out and the Custom bar in.

Are the heim joints available yet?:dontknow:

SNOOPY
10-10-2013, 06:24 AM
:dontknow:

BajaRon
10-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Thanks, I appreciate your input. :thumbup:

I wonder how much difference there is in your RT compared to my ST-S swaybar?

Sorry for the late reply. I'm still getting used to checking here every day.

The RT bar is quite a bit stiffer than the ST bar. The RT is heavier and has a higher center of gravity, hence the heavier bar to achieve the desired result.

The OEM composite plastic links work fine as long as they are in good condition. Remember, all of the bad links were the #4 pieces, but not all #4 links are bad.

I recommend you get yours replaced by BRP even if you plan to install my custom Heim Joint Links at some point. That way you'll have a good set stashed away. Who knows, someone might need them.

Are the heim joints available yet?:dontknow:

No, unfortunately they are not. I have been working on a solid, 1 piece billet aluminum link set. Of course the Chrome Moly HJL's I have previously supplied ended up being a 1 piece unit, they did require assembly (by your's truly!)

The Billet Aluminum HJL's will solve several problems, ie. supply stream, assembly time, easier install. Not that the Chrome Moly units were all that hard to install. But better is better.

I'm still looking at a few more weeks before the Billet Aluminum units are ready for prime time.

SNOOPY
10-10-2013, 07:04 PM
Thanks.

My bike goes in for it's 600 mile service Monday, I'll ask about the links since mine are the #4 no dot type. I doubt my dealer would have them in stock since they are small, but who knows.

If not, it would probably be a couple/three months before I could get the bike back to them. :(

Can I get on a list for your heims when they come out? :pray: lol

SNOOPY
10-21-2013, 09:00 PM
Not sure where the info on the heim joints here came from? Or if it was only for RT series bikes as posted? But, my dealer checked my heim joints (#4 w no dot) and said they are fine.

He said that his BRP bulletin said that heims w/ 1, 3 and 4 are fine. And that the #2 heims were the question and that there was a procedure for checking those? But did not say what that procedure was?

So I'm wondering now if we have a copy of the BRP bulletin on this to clarify?

Magdave
10-22-2013, 10:27 AM
Not sure where the info on the heim joints here came from? Or if it was only for RT series bikes as posted? But, my dealer checked my heim joints (#4 w no dot) and said they are fine.

He said that his BRP bulletin said that heims w/ 1, 3 and 4 are fine. And that the #2 heims were the question and that there was a procedure for checking those? But did not say what that procedure was?

2013-06

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?55433-2013-Stabilizer-Bar-Link-Rods-(FYI)

SNOOPY
10-22-2013, 03:51 PM
2013-06

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?55433-2013-Stabilizer-Bar-Link-Rods-(FYI)

Sorry, but that is just a picture. What does a dealer get sent from BRP?

That has no info on what models or anything? :dontknow:

If my dealer is wrong on what he told me I need proof, not just some picture off the web? Sorry.

BajaRon
10-26-2013, 12:23 PM

Your dealer is wrong. The information is accurate and applies to all 2013 model Spyders (Only). It is the series #4 links that are bad. Series #1, 2 & 3 are fine. He's got his wires crossed up for sure.

The thing is, all of the bad links were from batch #4, but not all batch #4 links are bad. That is why BRP pulled the entire inventory of links when the problem was discovered and inspected all the #4's. There must be a visual way to tell which are good as they marked the good #4's with a paint dot and put them back into inventory.

It's possible yours are not defective #4's, but I would still get them replaced. Why find out the hard way?

My bike goes in for it's 600 mile service Monday, I'll ask about the links since mine are the #4 no dot type. I doubt my dealer would have them in stock since they are small, but who knows.

Any dealer worth their salt has these in stock to deal with the recall replacements that come their way.

If not, it would probably be a couple/three months before I could get the bike back to them. :(

Can I get on a list for your heims when they come out? :pray: lol

Anyone who would like to be on the notification list for when I get these custom Heim Joint Links back in stock can email me at fyredad@hotmail.com and I will let you know as soon as I have these ready to ship.

Magdave
10-26-2013, 12:44 PM

If my dealer is wrong on what he told me I need proof, not just some picture off the web? Sorry.
I said 2013-06 is the bulletin. The dealer should have it ask him to show it to you or any heim link bulletin. I bet he read it wrong. Lamont has an inside track with BRP if he posts something take it to the bank. He has been a test pilot for them including the 2014 for years.

BajaRon
11-05-2013, 04:32 PM

I am wondering how this turned out? :popcorn:

SNOOPY
11-05-2013, 10:43 PM
I need something to show them because they say their info is correct. :(

BajaRon
11-06-2013, 12:38 PM
I need something to show them because they say their info is correct. :(

Amazing! Your dealership is the only one on the planet (to my knowledge) saying this. I would PM Lamont and see if he has a service bullion reference. No one else has needed documentation because their dealerships have it right. They just go in and get their #4 links replaced, no problem.

Has your dealership shown you the documentation they are getting this information from? Something is really hinky here.

SNOOPY
11-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Amazing! Your dealership is the only one on the planet (to my knowledge) saying this. I would PM Lamont and see if he has a service bullion reference. No one else has needed documentation because their dealerships have it right. They just go in and get their #4 links replaced, no problem.

Has your dealership shown you the documentation they are getting this information from? Something is really hinky here.

They didn't show me anything. I think I need to press the issue again and ask for a copy of his info. I heard this directly from the mechanic, and he is the top BRP mechanic in our area for Seadoos and Can Am products. :(

BajaRon
11-06-2013, 04:55 PM
They didn't show me anything. I think I need to press the issue again and ask for a copy of his info. I heard this directly from the mechanic, and he is the top BRP mechanic in our area for Seadoos and Can Am products. :(

Tell him I've got #2's on my 2008 GS and I'll be up to get them swapped out for free! The #2's were around long before the 2013 Spyder. It was the #4's that came out with the 2013's.

It is interesting that the picture used to detail what to look for is of a #2 link... Hmmm.... Maybe someone isn't paying attention.....

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/Spyder/BadLink_zps17c421d0.jpg

WARWAGON
12-29-2013, 03:18 PM
Ron,
Looking for a Firtsgear Thermo suit, I think a XL would work. Got any and what is the cost.

Henning
01-06-2014, 07:18 PM
I just wanna say thank you for your great service and always have time for good and long answer, you are fantastic ! I made this video and there I tell about the anti sway bar from you, and also the EBC rotor and pads to thank you a bit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy9G6Icmsgg

BajaRon
01-06-2014, 08:16 PM
I just wanna say thank you for your great service and always have time for good and long answer, you are fantastic ! I made this video and there I tell about the anti sway bar from you, and also the EBC rotor and pads to thank you a bit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy9G6Icmsgg

I am so glad you got this all together for your trip. It looks fantastic! If you can, post updates as you go along on your trip with pictures if possible. I think we'd all like to go along with you on this ride.

GRIPMAN
01-08-2014, 01:45 AM
4 Oil Filters + 4 Seal Kits + 4 Trans Filters - $69.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
THIS IS THE KIT I WOULD LIKE TO ORDER.
JOSEPH

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact Information ~
You can PM me or email me at fyredad@hotmail.com
Email usually gets a quicker answer
Cell Phone: 423-552-3720
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Newest Item! Replacement Heim Joint Link Kit - $65.00 delivered to 48 US States. Shipping outside USA varies by destination.
I now carry Chrome Moly Steel replacements for the composite plastic links which attach the Sway Bar to the Suspension (A-Arm). These are direct replacement items and are much stronger and sturdier than the composite plastic OEM links. I have had trouble keeping up with demand for this item. You can contact me at fyredad@hotmail.com

New Chrome Moly Steel Links

Original composite plastic links
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/Spyder/BadLink_zps17c421d0.jpg

Can-Am Spyder Sway Bars!
Click on the Link Below to get more detailed information about what a Sway Bar does
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-A-Sway-Bar-Do (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?45754-What-Does-A-Sway-Bar-Do)

I now have Custom Performance Anti-Sway Bar kits for all years and models of the Spyder. 2008-2014

Anti-Sway Bar Kit for All 2013~2014 Spyder RS, RSS, ST, STS, ST Ltd. All Models (will not fit pre-2013 Spyders) - $219 (includes shipping to 48 US States - Will Ship Worldwide).

Anti-Sway Bar Kit for All 2013~2014 Spyder RT, RTS, RT Ltd. All Models (will not fit pre-2013 Spyders) - $219 (includes shipping to 48 US States - Will Ship Worldwide).

Anti-Sway Bar Kit for All 2010~2012 Spyder RT, RTS, RT Ltd. All Models (will not fit the 2013 Spyder) - $199 (includes shipping to 48 US States - Will Ship Worldwide).

Anti-Sway Bar Kit for All 2008~2012 Spyder RS, GS, RSS, All Models (will not fit the 2013 Spyder) - $179 (includes shipping to 48 US States - Will Ship Worldwide).

Kits contain everything you need for installation.

PM me here at Spyderlovers.com or email me at fyredad@hotmail.com. I can send a Paypal invoice by email, or you can mail payment. Either way works fine.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/Spyder/SB-1a.jpg

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/Spyder/SB-2a.jpg

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/Spyder/SB-4.jpg

Contact: You can always get me by PM here at Spyderlovers or by email, fyredad@hotmail.com eMail usually works faster if you're in a hurry but either way I will get back to you.

Here is what I am currently carrying specifically for the Spyder
Oil Filter Kits
Custom Spark Plug Wire Sets
NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
EBC High Carbon Stainless Steel Rotors (I will have more on these soon)
EBC Semi-Sintered brake pads (Not to be confused with their Organic pads)
Custom Performance Anti-Sway Bar - 2008-2012 RS, GS, RSS All Models
Custom Performance Anti-Sway Bar - 2010-2012 RT, RTS, RT Ltd. All Models
Custom Performance Anti-Sway Bar - 2008-2014 RS, RSS, ST, STS, ST Ltd. All Models
Custom Performance Anti-Sway Bar - 2013-2014 RT, RTS, RT Ltd. All Models
Various Riding Apparel - Jackets, Pants, Rain Gear, Electric Heated Gear

Here are a few examples of Motorcycle gear that I carry
Helmets - Arai, Nolan, Scorpion, Shark
Jackets/Pants/Gloves/Boots/Raingear/Heated Gear, etc. - Firstgear - Frogg Toggs - River Road - Speed & Strength

THANKS LAMONT!

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/Spyder/Banner555x125a.jpg

This is a great place with great people and I am looking forward to this new endevor.

I've been selling Motorcycle gear on eBay since 1998. Mostly Helmets, Apparal and Exhaust systems. Earlier this year the HiFlo company came out with filters for the Spyder (both Engine oil and Transmission). These are quality products made to exact OEM specs, using the best filter paper in the world (made in Finland). They meet or exceed all OEM requirements.

FILTERS!
HiFlo also produces the K&N filter line of products. I have been very impressed with these filters. Top quality at a great price.

Engine Oil Filter
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/Spyder/HifloHF564-4a.jpg

Oil Change Seal Kit
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/Spyder/th_SealKit.jpg (http://s1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/Spyder/?action=view&current=SealKit.jpg)

Transmission Oil Filter - This is the Original Size Transmission Filter - I do not have the New, Longer Fiter. If you have the New- Extended Transmission Filter Cap this transmission filter will not fit.
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/Spyder/HF-559a.jpg

Least Expensive shipping methods are listed - Faster Shipping is available

SM5 RS/GS/RSS & RT - Engine Oil Filtersw/Domestic Shipping – (48 US States)
1 Oil Filter + 1 Seal Kit -$17.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
2 Oil Filters + 1 Seal Kit - $25.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
2 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits - $29.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
3 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits - $36.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
3 Oil Filters + 3 Seal Kits - $40.25 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
4 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits - $46.75 - (Includes Priority Shipping)
4 Oil Filters + 4 Seal Kits - $50.25 -(Includes Priority Shipping)

SE5 RS/GS/RSS & RT - Engine &Transmission Filter sets w/Domestic Shipping – (48US States)
All Transmission Filters include the O-Ring for that filter
This is the Original Size Transmission Filter - I do not have the New, Longer Fiter. If you have the New- Extended Transmission Filter Cap this transmission filter will not fit.
1 Oil Filter + 1 Seal Kit +1 Trans Filter - $22.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
2 Oil Filters + 1 Seal Kit + 2 Trans Filters - $36.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
2 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits + 2 Trans Filter - $40.50 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
3 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits + 3 Trans Filters - $56.95 - (Includes Priority Shipping)
3 Oil Filters + 3 Seal Kits + 3 Trans Filters - $59.95 - (Includes Priority Shipping)
4 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits + 4 Trans Filters - $63.50 - (Includes Priority Shipping)
4 Oil Filters + 4 Seal Kits + 4 Trans Filters - $69.95 - (Includes Priority Shipping)

International Orders
~ Canada ~
Engine Oil Filters
1 Oil Filter + 1 Seal Kit - $18.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
2 Oil Filters + 1 Seal Kit - $27.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
2 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits - $30.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
3 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits - $39.50 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
3 Oil Filters + 3 Seal Kits - $42.50 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
4 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits - $46.25 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
4 Oil Filters + 4 Seal Kits - $52.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)

~ Canada ~
Engine & Transmission Filter sets
This is the Original Size Transmission Filter - I do not have the New, Longer Fiter. If you have the New- Extended Transmission Filter Cap this transmission filter will not fit.
1 Oil Filter + 1 Seal Kit + 1 Trans Filter - $23.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
2 Oil Filters + 1 Seal Kit + 2 Trans Filters - $38.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
2 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kit + 2 Trans Filters - $41.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
3 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kit + 3 Trans Filters - $56.50 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
3 Oil Filters + 3 Seal Kit + 3 Trans Filters - $59.50 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
4 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits + 4 Trans Filters - $65.25 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
4 Oil Filters + 4 Seal Kits + 4 Trans Filters - $69.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)

All other International Locations
Engine Oil Filters
1 Oil Filter + 1 Seal Kit - $21.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
2 Oil Filters + 1 Seal Kit - $34.50 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
2 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits - $36.50 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
3 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits - $45.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
3 Oil Filters + 3 Seal Kits - $48.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
4 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits - $53.50 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
4 Oil Filters + 4 Seal Kits - $59.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)

All other International Locations
Engine & Transmission Filter sets
1 Oil Filter + 1 Seal Kit + 1 Trans Filter - $27.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
2 Oil Filters + 1 Seal Kit + 2 Trans Filters - $44.50 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
2 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kit + 2 Trans Filters - $47.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
3 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kit + 3 Trans Filters - $61.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
3 Oil Filters + 3 Seal Kit + 3 Trans Filters - $64.75 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
4 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits + 4 Trans Filters - $74.25 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
4 Oil Filters + 4 Seal Kits + 4 Trans Filters - $79.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Custom Ignition Wire Sets for the Spyder
MSD - Red Wire Set - $65.00 Delivered
Accel - Black Wire Set - $72.00 Delivered
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/Spyder/accel300racewire1.jpghttp://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg205/scaled.php?server=205&filename=msdwire.jpg&res=medium

NGK Iridium Spark Plugs for All Spyders
DCPR9EIX (Colder Plug) - RS/GS/RSS - $17.00 a set Delivered
DCPR8EIX - (Hotter Plug) - All RT's (Can be used in all Spyders) - $17.00 a set Delivered

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/Spyder/NGKIridium.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

High Performance EBC Semi-Sintered Brake Pads and Rotors

EBC Rotors give 18% more friction (stopping power) than OEM rotors. Specially formulated steel compound is highly resistant to warpage.

Pads are made with a new, Semi-Sintered material designed to stop better and last longer than OEM or other Organic pads.

Though the combination of EBC Pads and Rotors will give the maximum benefit it is not necessary to purchase both. These new Semi-Sintered pads will work well with the stock Spyder rotors.

Front Pads - $46.50 (You need 2 sets)
Rear Pads - $35.95

Brake Pad pricing include shipping

Front Rotors - $136.95 (You need 2)
Rear Rotor - $136.95

Rotor pricing include shipping.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/Spyder/EBCRotors.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Purchasing
Right now I am pretty basic. If you are interested in anything I have listed here or anything having to do with a motorcycle or rider please email me at fyredad@hotmail.com (fyredad@hotmail.com) with your request.

Payment - Domestic
Paypal – Personal Check – Money Order

Payment - International
Paypal – Bank Wire Transfer – Western Union
SEE ABOVE FOR ORDER

BajaRon
01-08-2014, 02:23 PM
SEE ABOVE FOR ORDER

Did you get my PM? We need to be sure you have not had the transmission conversion done before we proceed.

SNOOPY
01-08-2014, 05:48 PM
Did you get my PM? We need to be sure you have not had the transmission conversion done before we proceed.

I've seen talk of this, how would one know if this is done? Certain years?

Mines a 2013 (yes it's the semi-automatic electric tranny thingy ma bob) lol

BajaRon
01-08-2014, 06:35 PM
I've seen talk of this, how would one know if this is done? Certain years?

Mines a 2013 (yes it's the semi-automatic electric tranny thingy ma bob) lol

This applies only to the transmission filter on the SE5 Spyder. The engine filter dimensions did not change.

BRP came out with a longer transmission filter in 2012. I won't go into why. Some 2012's had them converted at the dealer before sale. Applying this to all pre-2013 Spyders, some were converted during an oil change, some purchased the conversion kit and did it themselves, some never got converted.

Some owners didn't want the conversion because they didn't want to be stuck getting the filter from BRP. No one else on the planet is making (or is going to make) the new transmission filter.

When the conversion is done the dealer is supposed to put this sticker on the oil reservoir (Pictured below). But like everything else, they don't always.

The best way to be sure is to measure the cap. The original cap is 7/8" deep and the conversion cap is 1-3/8" deep.

All the 2013 and later Spyders come from the factory with the longer filter so you don't need to check yours.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/Spyder/NewFilter2_zpsa3cbcc79.jpg

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/Spyder/FilterDecal_zps0984096c.jpg

SNOOPY
01-08-2014, 07:33 PM
Thank you Sir. :thumbup:

BajaRon
01-09-2014, 11:45 AM
Thank you Sir. :thumbup:

Now, let's just hope I am right! :roflblack:

jcthorne
01-14-2014, 12:42 PM
Got my new BajaRon one piece endlinks yesterday. Pretty spiffy looking with the engraved logo. Nice job. Waiting on the collars and will install them at the same time.

Thanks!

SAPD911
02-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Do you have the oil (Amsoil) and hi flow filters for the 2014's?

I have not looked into aftermarket filters for the 1330cc. I've got everything else for all models and years.

oghenk
03-01-2014, 12:37 AM
Just a suggestion.

TS should have a website. so consumers easily select the items sought.

http://watchfree.me/4/w.png

SNOOPY
03-30-2014, 02:29 PM
Can you update post number 1 w filter info for ST models, we feel left out and are starting to organize... http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz186/willisnowell/smilies/unfair-smilie.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/willisnowell/media/smilies/unfair-smilie.jpg.html)

Lol

ncll
04-09-2014, 02:16 PM
I had a Baja Ron Sway bar installed on my 2013 RT-S, Big change for the better. I had the Heim links changed by the dealer on a recall. Big mistake to trust the composite links. Should replace with Baja Ron links.
Yesterday in the apex of a turn the stock heim link failed. The result was a crash into an on coming SUV. Some how I bounced without injury but the repairs with be in the $6000 range and down time 2 months. Crap stock links.

SNOOPY
04-09-2014, 09:26 PM
Wow, now that sucks! Sorry to hear that and glad you are okay!

Sounds like a law suit to me. :shocked:

TexasSpyder
04-09-2014, 10:08 PM
Will anyone be selling the BajaRon links at Spyderfest?

J. D.

BajaRon
04-10-2014, 09:50 PM
I had a Baja Ron Sway bar installed on my 2013 RT-S, Big change for the better. I had the Heim links changed by the dealer on a recall. Big mistake to trust the composite links. Should replace with Baja Ron links.
Yesterday in the apex of a turn the stock heim link failed. The result was a crash into an on coming SUV. Some how I bounced without injury but the repairs with be in the $6000 range and down time 2 months. Crap stock links.

Has anyone checked to see if the links were actually changed and if so that the current links were NOT the recalled version? Has someone visually verified that a link broke?

I am very glad to hear that you were not injured. I am very sorry to hear that your Spyder was.

Dragonrider
02-02-2015, 03:31 PM
Ron;

Let me know what Part number(s) to order a complete oil change kit for my 2014 RT

Thanx

BajaRon
02-02-2015, 08:13 PM
Ron;

Let me know what Part number(s) to order a complete oil change kit for my 2014 RT

Thanx

Just email me at fyredad@hotmail.com (fyredad@hotmail.com) and we can proceed. If you want a price quote on Amsoil I will need a delivery zip code.

WIDOWSSON
04-20-2015, 03:03 PM
I AM LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO ORDER ONE.

NM Wrench
04-24-2015, 01:34 PM
Ron will you be at Spyderfest??????

Andy Cserny
07-04-2015, 12:47 AM
I presume by the oil seals you are referring to are the gizmos Honda calls "crush washers", which, according to Mother Honda, MUST be replaced with every oil change. After 217,000 miles on my 1800 Gold Wing I am still using the original crush washer with nary a drop of oil having escaped so far. The O ring is an entirely different animal and I have replaced them at every oil change.
I did get your sway bar and it with the Elka shocks has made a huge difference in how my new 2014 RT handles.
Andy

BajaRon
07-04-2015, 02:32 PM
I presume by the oil seals you are referring to are the gizmos Honda calls "crush washers", which, according to Mother Honda, MUST be replaced with every oil change. After 217,000 miles on my 1800 Gold Wing I am still using the original crush washer with nary a drop of oil having escaped so far. The O ring is an entirely different animal and I have replaced them at every oil change.
I did get your sway bar and it with the Elka shocks has made a huge difference in how my new 2014 RT handles.
Andy

People use the term 'Crush Washer' indiscriminately and really, this is the cause of confusion. The Spyder does not use crush washers (nor does Honda) for their drain plugs. Instead, a standard copper or aluminum washer is used and can be re-used indefinitely (contrary to what most people think) as long as it is not damaged.

Below is an example of a true Crush Washer. Though they come in many forms, they all have at least 2 things in common. They are hollow and they cannot be reused because they are designed to deform (or conform) to the mating surfaces they are designed to seal. Hence, the term 'Crush' is accurate because that is exactly what they do.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/Other/CrushWasher_zpsurihvv1n.jpg~original

Below is a before and after picture of a genuine crush washer (not Spyder). As you can see, the crush washer is, well, crushed. It will not seal again. It must be replaced each time.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/CrushWasher2_zpseyyboop9.jpg~original

This next picture is an example of the washers used in the Spyder, Honda and most other MC drain plugs. These are a standard, solid material washer. They do not crush. These can be re-used indefinitely. Though it is a good idea to at least have a new one handy when you change your oil just in case the old one is damaged.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/Other/Copper%20Washer_zpsstt8flf1.jpg~original

So, that is why you can re-use your 'Crush Washers'. It is because they are not! :rolleyes:

mikedoucette66
08-25-2015, 09:00 AM
Ron
I'm getting ready to have my 5000 mile inspection done by the dealership and need to know how much is the oil filter and tranny kit for an F3 with the semiautomatic 6 speed cost? And what all does the kit come with? Please and Thanks Mike 😆

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Sam Mac
03-14-2016, 04:15 PM
Just broke down and ordered the bar and shock adjusters for my 2014 RT Limited so I guess the "Farkling" has started. I'll probably do a belt tensioner also. After I get the Baja Ron stuff on it I need to take it to the dealer, it is showing the "Manual" thing on the dash for the air ride.

telespec
05-30-2016, 01:43 PM
Sorry if their's a post on this already but I need to know if you sell a oil change kit for a Spyder SE5 2012 RTS and what is the cost?

BajaRon
05-30-2016, 05:09 PM
Sorry if their's a post on this already but I need to know if you sell a oil change kit for a Spyder SE5 2012 RTS and what is the cost?

Yes, I sell filter kits (includes needed washers and O-Rings) for all Spyder models. The 2008-2012 SE5 Spyders are a bit tricky as they can have 1 of 2 different transmission filters. Most of them have been converted to the 'Extended' filter. But some still have the original transmission filter. Either filter works just fine as it was only the BRP filters that were problematic.

To be sure which transmission filter you have you need to measure the length of the transmission filter cap. If the cap is 7/8" long, then you have the original filter. If the cap is 1-3/8" long, then you have the extended transmission filter. (See Picture) These transmission filters ARE NOT interchangeable.

I also sell Amsoil for the Spyder at my actual cost, if you are ever interested. Since I sell it at my cost I need your zip code to give an accurate price quote. Delivery destination affects total price.

Hope this helps!

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/Spyder/EngineOilFilterCoverA_zpsm5f5pcdc.jpg

telespec
06-04-2016, 06:51 PM
Thanks Bajaron my zip code is 77498.

BajaRon
06-04-2016, 08:58 PM
Thanks Bajaron my zip code is 77498.

I PM'd you with a price quote.

telespec
06-06-2016, 10:02 PM
Thanks Bajaron I will get back to you.

jtpollock
11-28-2016, 09:15 AM
Yes, I sell filter kits (includes needed washers and O-Rings) for all Spyder models. The 2008-2012 SE5 Spyders are a bit tricky as they can have 1 of 2 different transmission filters. Most of them have been converted to the 'Extended' filter. But some still have the original transmission filter. Either filter works just fine as it was only the BRP filters that were problematic.

To be sure which transmission filter you have you need to measure the length of the transmission filter cap. If the cap is 7/8" long, then you have the original filter. If the cap is 1-3/8" long, then you have the extended transmission filter. (See Picture) These transmission filters ARE NOT interchangeable.

I also sell Amsoil for the Spyder at my actual cost, if you are ever interested. Since I sell it at my cost I need your zip code to give an accurate price quote. Delivery destination affects total price.

Hope this helps!

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd365/BajaRon/Spyder/EngineOilFilterCoverA_zpsm5f5pcdc.jpg

Thanks Ron.. If anyone has hade an oil change at the Dealer the cap and filter would have changed to the new one
once the new cap and filter came out I was not able to get the old filter and hade no reason to use the old style..
your thoughts :dontknow: I will be looking to order engine and trans filters from you very soon, one more things THANK you for making it clear on the washers that's helps :bowdown::bowdown: jtpollock

JoDot
02-05-2017, 10:03 PM

I enjoyed reading your thoughts on each product. I will be ordering from you soon.

al0vely
10-06-2017, 04:54 PM
What is the cost for a 2016 F3 Limited oil change kit zip = 47402

BajaRon
10-07-2017, 08:25 AM
What is the cost for a 2016 F3 Limited oil change kit zip = 47402

The filter and seal kit is $12.95 delivered. I also sell Amsoil if you are interested but I am not allowed to list pricing here. Amsoil is a true, full synthetic oil and a superior lubricant. It ends up being about the same or a little more than the OEM oil an d filter kits.

krafael5
01-26-2018, 08:43 AM
Hi Ron, do you carry k&n oil filter for a 2014 Rts and how much for area code 33440. thanks

BajaRon
01-26-2018, 09:36 AM
Hi Ron, do you carry k&n oil filter for a 2014 Rts and how much for area code 33440. thanks

Yes, I carry K&N filters for all Spyder models. The K&N kit for the 1330 Spyder is $16.95 delivered.

ssmcclub
01-10-2019, 01:36 PM
hi do you make the sway bar & links to fit the new 2019 can am spyder f3s special series ?

farmer54
02-06-2019, 03:55 PM
Hi Ron will you have a area for the Ryker parts you are offering? thanks farmer54

BajaRon
02-14-2019, 09:17 AM
hi do you make the sway bar & links to fit the new 2019 can am spyder f3s special series ?

Yes, I make custom sway bar kits for all Spyder models and years. Soon I will have a sway bar kit for the Ryker.

BajaRon
02-14-2019, 09:18 AM
Hi Ron will you have a area for the Ryker parts you are offering? thanks farmer54

Yes, I am working on a Ryker section now. I will have oil change kits soon and hope to have a Custom Sway Bar Kit ready late March.

ssmcclub
03-08-2019, 06:58 AM
hi bajaron will your sway bar and links fit the new 2019 can am spyder f3s special series on your site it shows it up to 2018 f3s if so how long to deliver to ny 11758?

Pirate looks at --
03-08-2019, 08:33 AM
hi bajaron will your sway bar and links fit the new 2019 can am spyder f3s special series on your site it shows it up to 2018 f3s if so how long to deliver to ny 11758?

See post #176. The answer is yes!

BajaRon
03-08-2019, 09:26 AM

As already posted, the answer is yes. My sway bar kit will fit the 2019 F3 and RT models. There have been no changes to the 2019 F3 or RT models as far as the sway bar kit is concerned. The Ryker, of course, is another story. It is going to require a completely different product, which I am in the process of building right now.

I am also in the process of updating this products page as there have been several changes to products and pricing.

telespec
03-09-2019, 02:31 PM
Hello Bajaron,

My name is Jerome and I would like to order 2 Gallons of oil for my 2012 SE5 RTS, can you give me a price?

308gunner
08-07-2019, 03:00 PM
I have a question in regards to your upgrade IX plugs...I have a 2015 F3-Sport with a STAGE II ECU tune...I wanted to try these plugs out..my 25,000 mile plug change is coming up...would the performance increase more than what I already have...or stay the same.. and...what is the run life of these plugs thanks for your input.

BajaRon
08-07-2019, 05:08 PM
I have a question in regards to your upgrade IX plugs...I have a 2015 F3-Sport with a STAGE II ECU tune...I wanted to try these plugs out..my 25,000 mile plug change is coming up...would the performance increase more than what I already have...or stay the same.. and...what is the run life of these plugs thanks for your input.

The IX plugs are more efficient and reliable in delivering the spark energy to the fuel mix. Especially if you open up the gap to 0.038" from the OEM gap of 0.032". The OEM Laser Welded spark plugs are pretty good. So the improvement is not what we used to get by swapping out the copper core spark plugs that Spyders used to come with. The life span is listed as somewhat less than the laser welded. But my feeling is that because the IX plugs were built for race applications. The standards for maintenance have been raised from a street application. Everyone has been comfortably getting at least 25k out of these. I don't know of a customer that has run the IX plugs in an ECU upgraded Spyder. I would think the results might be even more positive than with a stock engine. Though I have no actual proof that this is true.

I am able to get the IX plug sets for less than the OEM Laser Welded version. This is because my supplier can get the IX plugs, but cannot get me the OEM Laser Welded version.

I hope this helps.

308gunner
08-07-2019, 05:53 PM
The IX plugs are more efficient and reliable in delivering the spark energy to the fuel mix. Especially if you open up the gap to 0.038" from the OEM gap of 0.032". The OEM Laser Welded spark plugs are pretty good. So the improvement is not what we used to get by swapping out the copper core spark plugs that Spyders used to come with. The life span is listed as somewhat less than the laser welded. But my feeling is that because the IX plugs were built for race applications. The standards for maintenance have been raised from a street application. Everyone has been comfortably getting at least 25k out of these. I don't know of a customer that has run the IX plugs in an ECU upgraded Spyder. I would think the results might be even more positive than with a stock engine. Though I have no actual proof that this is true.

I am able to get the IX plug sets for less than the OEM Laser Welded version. This is because my supplier can get the IX plugs, but cannot get me the OEM Laser Welded version.

I hope this helps.
Great ...my next question is...are the plugs...already pre-gapped...for the 1330? You mention 0.038 gap.

BajaRon
08-07-2019, 09:03 PM
Great ...my next question is...are the plugs...already pre-gapped...for the 1330? You mention 0.038 gap.

They do come pre-gapped. But at the OEM gap of .032".

The following is how I think this process works. 'Think' being the primary word in this sentence.

1- NGK does not know what vehicle their product will be installed on. So, they set the factory gap at a conservative number. After all. You want the plug to fire reliably no matter what, and for the claimed service mileage. They are not looking for the optimum setting. Which will vary by vehicle anyway.
2- BRP then recommends the gap set by the spark plug manufacturer. Which in this case is .032".
3- I am sure both NGK and BRP know that some will Dyno their Spyder or at least experiment with gap to find the optimum setting. But they are more interested in a universal setting that works reasonably well in every case.

I had a customer dyno their Spyder, changing gap in .002" increments. He found that .040" gave the best results. Each change giving him better results than the last until he went to .042", where the results began to deteriorate. My recommendation of .038" is based on his findings with a bit of conservatism in the slightly narrower setting.

308gunner
08-08-2019, 12:10 AM
Alright...now we are getting somewhere....since the factory settings are 0.032...I may run about 0.036..but no more than that..just open it up a little more..since I'm running a tune....also...it won't need much because of the upgrade materials of the plug...it's going to be interesting..

BajaRon
08-08-2019, 08:46 AM
Alright...now we are getting somewhere....since the factory settings are 0.032...I may run about 0.036..but no more than that..just open it up a little more..since I'm running a tune....also...it won't need much because of the upgrade materials of the plug...it's going to be interesting..

Let me know what you think when you get done. Good information is always valuable. It lets me help the next person who asks. Plus, inquiring minds want to know! ;-)

I am sure you already know this. But for anyone who is thinking of opening up the gap on an Iridium spark plug. There are a few things to know.

The iridium center electrode is extremely hard. This is why they last so long. But this center electrode is also brittle. If you put much pressure on it, it may fracture and render the spark plug useless. So, DO NOT use a standard wedge type gapping tool (pictured on the left). This tool widens the gap by wedging the center electrode against the grounding electrode. Fine if you're gapping a copper electrode spark plug. But not an Iridium. Instead, use a tool like the one on the Right side of this picture. This tool manipulates the grounding electrode without touching the center electrode (if used properly). You still have to be a little careful with this tool as it can, if used improperly, contact and fracture the center electrode. Just be careful and you'll have no problem.

The wire gauges will touch the center electrode. But they will not damage it. The electrode isn't that delicate.

You can expand this picture by clicking on it or letting your mouse pointer hover over it for a few seconds.

I hope this helps!

Spyderman2018
08-30-2019, 11:35 AM
Hey Ron! I'd like to place an order for this: 2014-2019 SM6 & SE6 (1330cc ACE) Spyder Oil Filter Kit (Includes Seal Kit & Domestic Shipping)

2- Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits - $33.90 ($16.95 ea) Please PM me for payment & shipping info. Thanks!!

BajaRon
08-30-2019, 03:39 PM
Hey Ron! I'd like to place an order for this: 2014-2019 SM6 & SE6 (1330cc ACE) Spyder Oil Filter Kit (Includes Seal Kit & Domestic Shipping)

2- Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits - $33.90 ($16.95 ea) Please PM me for payment & shipping info. Thanks!!

PM sent.

ITWorkerBee
01-11-2020, 03:14 PM
Did a search on your site for Filter kit (rings, filter etc) for a 2014 RSS, but only found 7 listings, none for the filters. Are they still made?

If so how much for the set.

Thanks

John

ITWorkerBee
01-11-2020, 03:19 PM

SE5 RS/GS/RSS & RT - Engine &Transmission Filter sets w/Domestic Shipping – (48US States)
1 Oil Filter + 1 Seal Kit +1 Trans Filter - $22.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
2 Oil Filters + 1 Seal Kit + 2 Trans Filters - $36.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
2 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits + 2 Trans Filter - $40.50 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
3 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits + 3 Trans Filters - $56.95 - (Includes Priority Shipping)
3 Oil Filters + 3 Seal Kits + 3 Trans Filters - $59.95 - (Includes Priority Shipping)
4 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits + 4 Trans Filters - $63.50 - (Includes Priority Shipping)
4 Oil Filters + 4 Seal Kits + 4 Trans Filters - $69.95 - (Includes Priority Shipping)

Thanks

John

BajaRon
01-11-2020, 03:39 PM

Thanks

John

This is very old information. Not sure where this is coming from. Maybe from a post somewhere in this thread?

What you need to do is go the the top right hand corner of this page and click on the 'First' button in the page # area. My product listing is the 1st post on the first page there. Let me know if this does not work for you.

PhilY
02-04-2020, 01:59 PM
New Spyder owner here. Found Ron on Ebay. He's great to work with and has quality products. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

BajaRon
02-04-2020, 06:16 PM
New Spyder owner here. Found Ron on Ebay. He's great to work with and has quality products. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

I appreciate all of my eBay and Facebook customers. These are 2 venues that offer a quick and easy purchase experience. However, both will probably charge you tax (which I will not do if you purchase directly from me. Plus, I have to charge more for the same product on eBay to cover the ever growing fees charged there. And, I do not list everything I carry on eBay or Facebook. So if you find something that you don't see listed in these other formats. You can always contact me.

If you want the lowest possible price, it is always better to email me at fyredad@hotmail.com. Or call me. I prefer email because I'm always doing something and you know how phone calls can break up your day. But if you want to call, absolutely no problem. And, if you have a number of questions. Sometimes a phone call is more efficient. So I don't want to discourage you from calling. Just saying, that if email will work for you. I'm all for that.

nenad
05-04-2020, 12:09 PM
Greetings,
I purchase 2014 RT limited last September with 6k miles.

I would like if you PM me a price for Oil+filters, and battery for it, also any advice/pricing on tires if its possible.

How shipping would work and acceptable payment methods, i am in Chicago.

Thank you

BajaRon
05-04-2020, 05:15 PM
Greetings,
I purchase 2014 RT limited last September with 6k miles.

I would like if you PM me a price for Oil+filters, and battery for it, also any advice/pricing on tires if its possible.

How shipping would work and acceptable payment methods, i am in Chicago.

Thank you

All pricing (except for the Amsoil) is listed in the 1st Post in my banner add on the Home Page here on Spyderlovers.com. Which is also the 1st post on this thread.

Since I sell Amsoil at my actual dealer cost. Price depends on shipping location so I will need a zip code to give you an accurate price quote. The more you purchase, the less expensive it is per service.

Payment can be made with Paypal, credit card over the phone, or by mailing a personal check or money order.

I do not carry batteries or tires. So I will not be able to help with these.

I have also sent you a PM. But others may have these same questions, so I have posted here as well.

Yeochips
05-30-2020, 07:16 AM
would a new link set do the trick for some swaying? or would I have to change out the sway bar? 2016 RT

BajaRon
05-30-2020, 06:05 PM
would a new link set do the trick for some swaying? or would I have to change out the sway bar? 2016 RT

My link set will give you slightly better handling. But nothing close to what the full sway bar system provides. Most put my link set on more to eliminate the potential of breakage than any performance improvement.

Depending on the situation. A catastrophic end link failure can give you a pretty interesting event.

Grayfox
08-19-2020, 04:31 PM
Ron do you carry 10w30 amsoil motor oil for lawn mowers if so how much per case

Gundam
11-03-2020, 01:35 AM
Hi Ron, I like to purchase 2 pcs of your Gates 91132 Krikit II Drive Belt Tension Gauge. How do I go about it? I wrote you an email sometime back but you haven't reply yet. Not sure you received it though. Thanks.

Possible
11-03-2020, 09:43 AM
Hi Ron, I like to purchase 2 pcs of your Gates 91132 Krikit II Drive Belt Tension Gauge. How do I go about it? I wrote you an email sometime back but you haven't reply yet. Not sure you received it though. Thanks.

He also has a Facebook page and I've had good luck contacting him there.

Gundam
11-05-2020, 12:50 AM
He also has a Facebook page and I've had good luck contacting him there.

I see. Thanks.

BajaRon
11-05-2020, 11:35 AM
I do not believe I've gotten an email from you. Email is one of the better ways to get in touch with me. It's been a busy week. I worked the polls on Tuesday, Monday was a zoo. And, of course, after taking an entire day off on Tuesday, yesterday was a zoo as well. Getting a Krikit is no problem. Since you are International. It would be best for you to try me again at my fyredad@hotmail.com email address. Be sure you send it to fyredad@hotmail.com. When people type this in they tend to switch the Y and the E changing it from Fyre to FRYE. If you do that the email will not come to me.

guzzihack
10-26-2021, 11:30 AM
I DON'T DO FACEBOOK, not for 15 years. Sure would like to find a website.

BajaRon
10-26-2021, 01:41 PM
I DON'T DO FACEBOOK, not for 15 years. Sure would like to find a website.

Not a problem. We have eBay (though you'll pay more if you purchase there)

You can email us at fyredad@hotmail.com, or you can call us at 423-609-7588. Any of these will work.

We do plan to have a web page up early next year.

troop
10-26-2021, 02:38 PM
Why the yelling??

Little Blue
07-23-2022, 04:41 AM
:coffee:....Looks like good prices for great deals. I will give you my business when the time comes.

Stay Healthy. ......:thumbup:

BajaRon
07-23-2022, 01:46 PM
:coffee:....Looks like good prices for great deals. I will give you my business when the time comes.

Stay Healthy. ......:thumbup:

Much appreciated!

UtahPete
07-23-2022, 02:06 PM

1- What is a 'Seal Kit'?
Seal Kits vary depending on applications. Picture below is of the SM6/SE6 seal kit for the 1330 ACE motor in the 2014-2020 RT and all F3 models and years. This is just an example and may not be what you will need. The seal kit consists of all necessary O-Rings and drain plug washers needed for an Engine/(Transmission where required) Oil Change. O-Rings are high quality made in Germany. Washers (copper or aluminum as necessary) are made in the USA.

2- Do you offer filters without a Seal Kit?
Yes, I will sell just the filter kit or just the seal kit separately if you request it. Whether or not you decide to purchase a seal kit with filter(s), I still highly recommend you have a spare Seal Kit handy anytime you change your oil so you can replace any component you may find damaged and you will not be left stranded, mid service waiting on parts.

Originally the BRP manual called for the Transmission Filter to be changed every other Oil Change. This has been changed. BRP now recommends the Transmission Filter be changed with every oil change (SE5 Spyder Models Only).

This is something I wish I had known long ago. A website will help preserve all this good info for latecomers to the party.

Also...I'm not sure this link from your very first post still works. "We now have a Facebook Store where you can purchase On-Line - https://www.facebook.com/BajaRons-Cu...0868605211789/"

Is this it? https://www.facebook.com/BajaRons-Custom-Performance-Spyder-Ryker-Gear-320868605211789/

Maybe you could include a good one as part of your signature block, along with your company email and phone number?

Warlock
07-23-2022, 02:12 PM
Much appreciated!

Have you looked into the better filter for the Ryker. Same dimensions as the 420956123 but a better filter p/n 420956124. Cost more. When I changed my oil at 900 miles my oem filter was shot. Top came right off it.
David

bikerbillone
02-15-2023, 07:23 AM
BikerDoc? Do you work on Spyders? Curious, thanks.

BajaRon
02-15-2023, 12:30 PM
Have you looked into the better filter for the Ryker. Same dimensions as the 420956123 but a better filter p/n 420956124. Cost more. When I changed my oil at 900 miles my oem filter was shot. Top came right off it.
David

Sorry I did not see this sooner. The problem with filters other then the OEM is that the OEM filter has an anti-drain back valve in it. Because the Ryker oil filter is mounted high, the oil will drain out of it in short order. There are a number of filters with the same dimension out there including after market (K&N, etc.). But they do not have the anti-drain back valve and I would not recommend them for this reason. Letting the oil drain out of the filter canister means your parts will be turning for a precious amount of time with zero oil delivery as the system is busy refilling the oil filter canister. Over time this will definitely take it's toll on critical parts.

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-15-2023, 12:33 PM
Sorry I did not see this sooner. The problem with filters other then the OEM is that the OEM filter has an anti-drain back valve in it. Because the Ryker oil filter is mounted high, the oil will drain out of it in short order. There are a number of filters with the same dimension out there including after market (K&N, etc.). But they do not have the anti-drain back valve and I would not recommend them for this reason. Letting the oil drain out of the filter canister means your parts will be turning for a precious amount of time without oil delivery as the system is busy refilling the oil filter canister. Over time this will definitely take it's toll on critical parts.

Are you saying the K&N filters ....DON'T have the Anti-Drain back feature ?????? ..... Thanks .... Mike :thumbup:

BajaRon
02-15-2023, 12:46 PM
Are you saying the K&N filters ....DON'T have the Anti-Drain back feature ?????? ..... Thanks .... Mike :thumbup:

No aftermarket filter we know of that fits the Ryker has the anti-drain back valve. Including K&N. This is why K&N does not list an oil filter for the Ryker. There is more to an oil filter than external dimensions. Just because it fits. Does not mean you want to use it. Just be careful.

The Spyder does not require an anti-drain back valve because it sits low in the system and the oil does not drain out of it. Only the Ryker needs this feature. There would be no advantage to adding a valve to the Spyder filters.

Mikey
03-05-2024, 07:25 AM
Ron, I thought I heard some chatter that you were going to make the air box delete kit that JR use to make, is there any truth to that? Getting ready to do my 2012 RTL plugs and sure would love to not have to stuff that box back in! PM me! ;)

BajaRon
03-06-2024, 10:29 AM
Ron, I thought I heard some chatter that you were going to make the air box delete kit that JR use to make, is there any truth to that? Getting ready to do my 2012 RTL plugs and sure would love to not have to stuff that box back in! PM me! ;)

Yes, this is true. We have them in stock. It is a great mod and we are very happy to continue what JT began. Give us a call and we'll fix you up! 423-609-7588.