PDA

View Full Version : Got the Job... Spyder mods lining up!

WackyDan
11-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Just accepted IBM's job offer this morning. $$$Greener than what I made at the old job, though my wife is going to be staying at home now once the baby is home from the hospital. I start Dec 1st.

I guess I can grab that new pipe I've been wanting and some new LED toys as well.

I found a lot of silver lining in being laid off... A LOT, I could even argue the silver lining was really gold. Thankful for being able to take a few really long Spyder trips, relax, and have the time to spend at the hospital with our baby.
I'll also be thankful for the new paycheck and benefits!

Not sure that things happen for a reason. Just seems sometimes things just plain happen to you for no reason at all. Make the best of it and plan for the worse case scenario and you'll never find yourself caught short.

Thanks again for all the well wishes and encouragement these past several months... Back to normal (mostly) here and hopefully by time next year's Spyder social activities kick off, you will not recognize my Spyder. :ohyea:

FANG
11-03-2010, 10:47 AM
:congrats: :ohyea: :ohyea::clap::clap: Great news Dan. Keep us posted :popcorn:

Firefly
11-03-2010, 10:56 AM
:congrats:

Nice to hear of some personal success out there -- especially in these difficult economic times!

:2thumbs:

I have a brother that's a senior electrical engineer for IBM in MN -- been there for 30 years. He's been lucky that the hidden meaning of the letters IBM have not come true........

I'll
Be
Moving

:roflblack:

Guess they used to move his people around quite a bit.

You've had some great life-changing experiences this year---- again---- :congrats:

GloryRyders
11-03-2010, 11:02 AM
:yes: Glad to hear the good news...........maybe you can get to Spyderfest this spring, if you have any vacation time:ohyea:

NancysToy
11-03-2010, 11:17 AM
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

:congrats: You guys deserve a real good break! We are all very happy for you.

Bob Denman
11-03-2010, 12:32 PM
:thumbup: GREAT news! :congrats: :2thumbs: :ohyea: :ohyea::yes: Sometimes you just have to believe that there's a plan in place for each and every one of us!

Lamonster
11-03-2010, 12:55 PM

DynamoBT
11-03-2010, 02:53 PM
:congrats: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Spyderjuice
11-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Congratulations! Things do happen to good people...:2thumbs:

Juice (stan)

bruiser
11-03-2010, 03:49 PM

hevnbound
11-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Whew !!! That's a load off of you guys. CONGRATS. And, just in time for Christmas. :clap:

Sounds like you took the lost job like the Serenity Prayer says:
“God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.”

musicarcade
11-03-2010, 05:02 PM
:congrats: Dan!
Great to hear the news!
:yes::yes::yes:

SpyderAnn01
11-03-2010, 05:14 PM
What great news. :congrats:

docdoru
11-03-2010, 05:39 PM
:congrats: :congrats::congrats:

groundeffect
11-03-2010, 06:03 PM
GREAT NEWS Dan, great stuff and :congrats::thumbup::thumbup:

pitmon
11-03-2010, 06:26 PM
:congrats: and good luck on the new job! :thumbup:

JimAlpha
11-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Excellent news, Dan! Amazing how things work out.

Smylinacha
11-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Congrats to yoU!!!!! Much success on your new career!

Just accepted IBM's job offer this morning. $$$Greener than what I made at the old job, though my wife is going to be staying at home now once the baby is home from the hospital. I start Dec 1st.

I guess I can grab that new pipe I've been wanting and some new LED toys as well.

I found a lot of silver lining in being laid off... A LOT, I could even argue the silver lining was really gold. Thankful for being able to take a few really long Spyder trips, relax, and have the time to spend at the hospital with our baby.
I'll also be thankful for the new paycheck and benefits!

Not sure that things happen for a reason. Just seems sometimes things just plain happen to you for no reason at all. Make the best of it and plan for the worse case scenario and you'll never find yourself caught short.

Thanks again for all the well wishes and encouragement these past several months... Back to normal (mostly) here and hopefully by time next year's Spyder social activities kick off, you will not recognize my Spyder. :ohyea:

SpyderWolf
11-03-2010, 08:27 PM
:congrats: Dan! I am very glad to hear the job offer came through for you. Enjoy your last month of full time freedom with your family.

Pincushion
11-03-2010, 08:55 PM
THAT IS GOOD NEWS!
Congrats

Trickie Dick
11-03-2010, 09:26 PM
:2thumbs: :congrats: Great company to work for.

BikerDoc
11-03-2010, 09:32 PM
THAT IS GREAT NEWS, CONGRATS. IT'S A SHAME THE NEW JOB WILL HAVE TO CUT INTO THE SPYDER RIDING TIME BUT I GUESS THE $$$ ARE NECESSARY.
HOPE THINGS GO VERY SMOOTHLY FOR YOU FROM HERE ON.

Marker
11-03-2010, 10:08 PM
:congrats::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

SpyderSteve
11-03-2010, 10:10 PM
:congrats: :2thumbs:

jimclarkf1
11-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Just keep the GOOD NEWS comming, I hope you will be able to go to SPYDERFEST, next spring:clap:

SPYDERGUY1
11-03-2010, 10:12 PM
CONGRATS DAN. Hope all goes well with the family and new career. The Spyder comes after all the rest ( snicker ) Congrats and best of luck. From the FROZEN NORTH.:congrats::shocked:

SethO
11-03-2010, 10:58 PM
glad that the dragons tail situation helped you out in the interview....

Great you see everything is going good, do you have a time frame with getting the family out of the hospital?

WackyDan
11-04-2010, 08:16 AM
glad that the dragons tail situation helped you out in the interview....

Great you see everything is going good, do you have a time frame with getting the family out of the hospital?

Yep... They were like "Seth? Yeah he is crazy. We'll hire you as long as you don't bring him to work with you. We don't want that ugly contraption of his in our parking lot." ;)

Regardless of how well Leah is doing, she is likely to be stuck at the NICU right up until near her original due date of January 3rd. We have to live with that and are more than happy to in order to come home with a normal baby girl. So another 60 days or more of hospital visits.

Bob Denman
11-04-2010, 08:48 AM
Soooooo... What Spyder mods are looming largest on the horizon?? :D

WackyDan
11-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Soooooo... What Spyder mods are looming largest on the horizon?? :D

Pretty much everything. Pipe... Seat... ESI LEDS and tricleds... And those scratches in my paint are going to have me considering a paint job over the winter.

RShrimp
11-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Great news Dan! Persistance and being a pretty smart guy does pay off!
Good luck with everything. Hope we can ride together again soon.

WaltH
11-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Dan: Before you spend too much on mods, you may want to start putting some aside for that new Spyder Leah will want for her sixteenth birthday.:2thumbs:

WackyDan
11-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Dan: Before you spend too much on mods, you may want to start putting some aside for that new Spyder Leah will want for her sixteenth birthday.:2thumbs:

Well.. I'm thinking that $50 at Walmart buys her that RC Spyder that she can actually fit on now!:yikes:

SpyderWolf
11-05-2010, 07:23 AM
Well.. I'm thinking that $50 at Walmart buys her that RC Spyder that she can actually fit on now!:yikes:

Just be careful because if you watched Doc's video it looks like the VSS is turned off on this model. :D