PDA

View Full Version : whos attending Spyderfest 2011

willteix
11-02-2010, 10:34 PM
I've been giving it thought of heading to spyderfest 2011 current proposed date is end of April to beginning of may.

If there are some in the general area of Sacramento, CA that may be planning on going. I'd like to hear and maybe we can make it a group.

pitbull
11-03-2010, 10:02 AM
I've been giving it thought of heading to spyderfest 2011 current proposed date is end of April to beginning of may.

If there are some in the general area of Sacramento, CA that may be planning on going. I'd like to hear and maybe we can make it a group.
Be cool to have a California Express! I'll seee what I can do help make it work! Maybe we should have every one bring a little something from home to share as one be group.....huummm what that might be??? any ideas???

Questions
11-03-2010, 05:50 PM
Where is it?

docdoru
11-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Be cool to have a California Express! ... any ideas???
How about Florida xPress via California? :dontknow::popcorn:

docdoru
11-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Where is it?

COWTOWN CUBA
MISSOURI RENDEZVOUS
SPYDERFEST
APRIL 28-29-30 AND MAY 1ST 2011

GaryTheBadger
11-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Ghirardelli chocolate and San Francisco Sourdough bread please!

mtdoragary
11-03-2010, 06:20 PM
It would be great to have it in conjunction with Daytona Bike Week. And I'm not saying that just because I live an hour from Daytona!:lecturef_smilie:

BikerDoc
11-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Price a hotel room in Cuba,mo versus one in dayton a during bike week & u may grow to love Cuba....

mtdoragary
11-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Price a hotel room in Cuba,mo versus one in dayton a during bike week & u may grow to love Cuba....
Mt Dora, Eustis, Tavares, Leesburg, Umatilla are an hour away and with good rates, and great riding roads in between.

burg650
11-03-2010, 07:39 PM
New Jersey convoy anyone?

Mowerman
11-03-2010, 08:31 PM
The wife and I are going, can't wait. Anybody else from Iowa going?

Mowerman

ebell98
11-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Ill do my best to head over from Vegas. Sounds like fun!

hawkiii
11-03-2010, 08:36 PM
My wife and I would really like to go. We met many of the Cuba folks at Libertyville in IL. A great group of folks, if we can make the budget work I'd like to go.

hawkiii
11-03-2010, 08:40 PM
How about Florida xPress via California? :dontknow::popcorn:
I would love to ride with you hulligans but my wife won't let me ride over 100mph with her on the back. Don't tell her but we did hit 98mph on the way to IL. :D

Pincushion
11-03-2010, 08:53 PM
The Wife and I hope to make it...
I think some fellow West Coast Spyder members are gonna make the trip from California as well.

cheifbanty
11-03-2010, 08:57 PM
Have made reservations for my better half and me.I have not heard of a registration for the event. Should I be notifing a point of contact.:helpsmilie:

3tracs
11-03-2010, 09:41 PM

Mowerman

I'd sure love to! All depends on getting the time off and more importantly, the wifes approval. :pray:

willteix
11-04-2010, 01:16 AM
I hope they post the info for hotels, and what nots for this event. Sooner then later. I am not sure what Cuba Mo has to offer in hotel rooms. I never been there before. But i am sure game to give it a whack. Be one hella of a ride from Sacramento, CA. Google map says via I-80 E is 1952 miles from my address. And also from my address going via I 80 E-I 70 E is 2002 miles. US 40 2040 miles. Personally for me to do this trip i would have start a few days before the event. Not sure how many miles i can do in a day. I have done over 520 when i picked up my RT in SD and drove back to Sacramento.

draboo
11-04-2010, 02:03 AM
If any of the mountain passes are clear, we are gonna attempt it.

Are any folks gonna camp? Is there a designated "Spyder" campsite?

SethO
11-04-2010, 02:39 AM
I will be there,barring me having to save the world and I mean serious world saving. its only 950ish miles from bemidji,mn, Its the best place to be on a spyder during spyderfest. Len is the man.

bonehead
11-04-2010, 05:32 AM
We have made reservation and hope to have Ohio Riders Group coming!:yes:Can"t wait, still got a few mods to do, ie Foot rest?

effgjamis
11-04-2010, 06:06 AM

Conmparing the event in Cuba, Mo to Daytona bike week is like comparing a marble to the moon.. I am not talking about size, I am talking about the friendship, the community with out streached arms and hands, and a great group of hosts and sponsors. THEY CARE. If the 2011 spyderfest is anything like, 2010, it will be a blast of fun and good times. Sure, some of us live closer to Daytona, but the scenery and ride trails cannot be compared, as Daytona does not have the trails nor the scenery.
I could go on and on and on, but I guess my whole point is if you want to party with ole friends, gain new friends, then go to Cuba, MO and become a history of good times.

Ah yes... Florida Express vs California.. Sounds like a challenge to me. And for that matter any other group from any other area with stated purpose to enter into the challenge would be most welcome. And it would be alot of fun and bragging rights.

retread
11-04-2010, 08:23 AM
I've got a reservation at Best Western, will be heading out the morning of 4-28.

john

Yazz
11-04-2010, 08:30 AM
Conmparing the event in Cuba, Mo to Daytona bike week is like comparing a marble to the moon.. I am not talking about size, I am talking about the friendship, the community with out streached arms and hands, and a great group of hosts and sponsors. THEY CARE. If the 2011 spyderfest is anything like, 2010, it will be a blast of fun and good times. Sure, some of us live closer to Daytona, but the scenery and ride trails cannot be compared, as Daytona does not have the trails nor the scenery.
I could go on and on and on, but I guess my whole point is if you want to party with ole friends, gain new friends, then go to Cuba, MO and become a history of good times.

:agree:You said it best Forrest! Marbles to moons. Spyderfest is about good ryding, new friends, great people.:2thumbs:

NancysToy
11-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Wish I could be there! The date collides with that of our BMW club Mini-Rally. This is our 38th rally. Guess I won't see any of you folks here that weekend, either. :(

Yazz
11-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Scotty, you'll be missed in Cuba. 38 years is a long time to be going to the same rally. Understand totally.

NancysToy
11-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Scotty, you'll be missed in Cuba. 38 years is a long time to be going to the same rally. Understand totally.
Well, I haven't been along for the ride for 38 years. I'm only 39, after all. :roflblack: I am an active club member, and they count on me heavily to help out, though. Hard to let your local club down.

GeminiJane
11-04-2010, 06:37 PM
I hope they post the info for hotels, and what nots for this event. Sooner then later. I am not sure what Cuba Mo has to offer in hotel rooms. I never been there before. But i am sure game to give it a whack. Be one hella of a ride from Sacramento, CA. Google map says via I-80 E is 1952 miles from my address. And also from my address going via I 80 E-I 70 E is 2002 miles. US 40 2040 miles. Personally for me to do this trip i would have start a few days before the event. Not sure how many miles i can do in a day. I have done over 520 when i picked up my RT in SD and drove back to Sacramento.

Might want to go ahead and google rooms in Cuba - you'll get the list and can make some decisions as rooms are filling up fast. Cuba is a small town but has several motels but according to other responses those rooms are filling fast. Since there is no one centrally selected motel for gathering, you probably can't go wrong with any you choose. I've stayed in a couple in the two years since I discovered the wonders of Cowtown and have not had a bad experience in any of them.

NancysToy
11-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Will you be at the BMWRA Rally in Chippewa Falls WI the end of June (June 30 - July 3)? I'll have the Spyder at that one. Maybe we can have Spyder infestation within the rally. :D
Not sure yet. If I do go, it might be on one of the BMWs..I'd love to do a trip like that on the R27, but I don't think it will be fully restored by then.

Big Arm
11-04-2010, 08:39 PM

Mowerman

I'd sure love to! All depends on getting the time off and more importantly, the wifes approval. :pray:

Made my reservations three wks ago. Hope to see you both there.
I had a GREAT time there last yr, and wouldn't miss this one :ohyea:

willteix
11-04-2010, 10:09 PM
I suppose to get the whole experience of the 4 days i would have to head out 0n 24th of April, but not later then 25th. Its 1900 damn miles for me sheesh. But I bet it be worth it eh?

willteix
11-04-2010, 10:14 PM
There must be :spyder: rider in the Bay area of Ca. Who are planning on heading to the spyderfest. Come on chime in lets get a California group setup for the trip. Be so cool to get as many as we can in a group. We can all decide on where to meet up for the trip. Since we be all coming from different directions within cali.

Mo Lee
11-05-2010, 06:00 AM
I don't think Hotels will be a problem, if we fill Cuba there is Rolla, St James, Sullivan and Bourbon at around 20 miles and Fort Leonard wood Metroplex is only 50 miles away with many Hotels supporting an large Army Training Base.

sealfloorboards
11-05-2010, 08:44 AM

You can count on seeing Seal FloorBoards at SpyderFest. It will be my first rally and I'm very excited about meeting lots of you :spyder2:Spyderr dudes and dudets. A SF rally would be great...much closer Oregon.

John
Seal FloorBoards

pitbull
11-05-2010, 12:39 PM
Once agin you are all far to kind! We are looking forward to seeing you ll in the spring! Been hard at working trying to make it all come together for a great event! really cool to see all the groups get together! We should have alot more detail up this next week! I know Lamont is just waiting on me to get it to him so he can have it all up for you guys with hotels and camp grounds and a schedual of events! also have a spyderfest US face book page that we are starting to work on aswell as the web site!........I think The store is planning on having a 3X5 flag flying from every state and Country that has ryders comming into Spyderfest US!

Painter Dan
11-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Once agin you are all far to kind! We are looking forward to seeing you ll in the spring! Been hard at working trying to make it all come together for a great event! really cool to see all the groups get together! We should have alot more detail up this next week! I know Lamont is just waiting on me to get it to him so he can have it all up for you guys with hotels and camp grounds and a schedual of events! also have a spyderfest US face book page that we are starting to work on aswell as the web site!........I think The store is planning on having a 3X5 flag flying from every state and Country that has ryders comming into Spyderfest US!
:agree:

nudle
11-05-2010, 04:04 PM
:2thumbs: If the snow is gone we will be there.

Arthur---Mexico
11-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Take the I-70 hyway. You'll go through beautiful mountains and canyons. Of course western Nebraska is the pitts. You can sidetrack to Yellow Stone and see things you'll never forget. E-I 70 E is 2002 miles. US 40 2040 miles.

Trickie Dick
11-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Take the I-70 hyway. You'll go through beautiful mountains and canyons. Of course western Nebraska is the pitts. You can sidetrack to Yellow Stone and see things you'll never forget. E-I 70 E is 2002 miles. US 40 2040 miles.

I think you are talking about I80. I70 doesn't go through Nebraska or close to Yellowstone. I70 through western Colorado is beautiful. Eastern Colorado and Kansas, not so much.

willteix
11-05-2010, 11:38 PM
Not sure how many miles i can do in a day. Or what might be practical to do in a day. So need to allow for that time in front of the spyderfest to get there timely. Then there is the long road back, but then it would not be in a rush to return home.

I did order up an new Sway Bar from evoluzione cyclesports suppose to improve cornering and what not. If i can swing it will also put their shocks on before the trip. Have to just wait and see.

pitbull
11-06-2010, 08:07 AM
:thumbup: it would be great to have you with us! Looks like I need to buy the Canada flag to fly this year aswell as all the state flags from each state represented. We will be flying them at cowtown in honor of each state with ride groups represented! 3x5 flying along I-44! ....... Looks like even a Mexican flag might be needed? Any others???
:2thumbs: If the snow is gone we will be there.

Trickie Dick
11-06-2010, 08:34 AM
:thumbup: it would be great to have you with us! Looks like I need to buy the Canada flag to fly this year aswell as all the state flags from each state represented. We will be flying them at cowtown in honor of each state with ride groups represented! 3x5 flying along I-44! ....... Looks like even a Mexican flag might be needed? Any others???
How about the lady from Europe, Austria or Belgium I think. :dontknow:

sealfloorboards
11-06-2010, 08:39 AM
We have made reservation and hope to have Ohio Riders Group coming!:yes:Can"t wait, still got a few mods to do, ie Foot rest?

Hi bonehead. I'm planning to go too, it will be my first rally. Can't wait. I'll also be one of the vendors there. Might want to check out my website first. It'll make your ride more comfortable.

See you there,

John
sealfloorboards.com

sealfloorboards
11-06-2010, 08:45 AM
This will be my first rally. Can't wait! I have also been invited to be a vendor.
Looking forward to making a ton of new friends.

John
Seal FloorBoards

dltang
11-13-2010, 01:39 AM
It is on the calendar and we have put in for our vacation days for Spyderfest 2011. We are planning on being there and making it work. Can't wait to see everyone again and to meet new friends.

dol
11-13-2010, 06:35 AM
How about the lady from Europe, Austria or Belgium I think.

yess i will be there , belgium flags I bring it

I allready make the resevation at the motel 6 and i'm looking tk bring the spyder also to the fest

johnnyg
11-13-2010, 06:37 AM
Just made resrvation for the 27th -30th Motel 6 JC

dol
11-13-2010, 06:38 AM
when i bring the spyder by ship is their one problem ,becorse i need the spyder in the beginning of june in europe , their is the official spyderfest in Italy orgenised of BRP europe and i dont whant to miss it
gr dol