PDA

View Full Version : Mt Dora Ride This Saturday?

Blinc
11-02-2010, 03:10 PM
If anyone is up for a ride this Saturday, a friend of mine, (rides a Harley, but we can forgive him right?) were thinking of heading up to Mt Dora. Never been there, but I heard its a nice ride. No other info yet, like lunch or an event of some kind..cuz we just started planning it. Weather will be cool and clear...perfect.

I will be leaving out of Lithia, near Brandon Florida.
Blinc out.

BikerDoc
11-02-2010, 04:03 PM
This weekend I am committed to the bikers For Babies Event in Fort Myers, but if you ever come up this way again for an area ride I would be glad to show you around. I have ridden every back road in Lake and Sumter counties, its a beautiful area, and I agree the weather will be too nice this weekend to not ride. Unless you have someone familiar with the area I would be glad to suggest a scenic route for you.. let me know

Blinc
11-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Hey BikerDoc, nope, I don't know the area, so suggest away! LOL

I will be meeting my buddy in Clarmont, so that will be our starting point.

MouthPiece
11-02-2010, 06:32 PM
I was born and raised in Mt. Dora. I have fond memories and wish that my kids and grandkids could have grown up in that town at the time that I did.

Chris PE# 0004

BikerDoc
11-04-2010, 04:04 PM
The direct way is north on 27, then right on u.s. 19 through Howey in the Hills, then across a bridge through Little Lake Harris, through Tavares on 19, then right on 441, through Eustis (passing champion powersports, a spyder dealer), and then on into mt. Dora, turn right when you see sign for historic district. May also want to locate the Jam Inn on old US. 441 as it is a biker friendly place with lots going on...

Now if you want more scenery, start south of SR 50 about six miles and go west on Lake Louisa Rd along the shore of Lake Louisa, take this until it dead ends then go left less than one half mile and take the first right on Lakeshore Blvd which will go along Lake Minnehaha., take this along the shore around the lake, until you reach 12th Street, the go right (N), cross over SR. 50, 12th street changes to 561 and then goes along the shoreline of Lake Minneola, take this until you reach 565, go right on 565 along shore of Lake Minneola until it reach U.S 27, then go North and pick up 19 again & proceed

for another side jaunt, when you reach Howey in the Hills on US. 19 go right until you reach the shore of Little Lake Harris.. JB Boondocks is a biker friendly restaurant and bar on the water in this little two mile stretch of lake shore, then return to US 19 and proceed when you run out of lakeshore road.

It is beautiful Lake and Hill country with a lot of biker friendly places. Bring warm clothing since we expect temps in the 40 to 42 range in North Lake County Sat evening.. Hope this helps...

effgjamis
11-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Looks like a good ride... and starting point of I4-27 :roflblack:
I am confused as to the number of evnts Saturday and Sunday.. Don't know what to do...

johnnyg
11-04-2010, 06:56 PM
blinc take a look at the weather this weekend up here there saying the low's may be in the up'er 30's John That's right up'er 30 in FL in Nov.

Blinc
11-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Yea, I almost backed out, but the mostly Harley riding group I will be going with is getting larger, so I just can't let it be known that a :f_spider: rider backed out ;)

I will however, NOT be wearing those funny looking chaps I'm sure most of them will be wearing, hehehe!

Blinc
11-04-2010, 07:55 PM
The direct way is north on 27, then right on u.s. 19 through Howey in the Hills, then across a bridge through Little Lake Harris, through Tavares on 19, then right on 441, through Eustis (passing champion powersports, a spyder dealer), and then on into mt. Dora, turn right when you see sign for historic district. May also want to locate the Jam Inn on old US. 441 as it is a biker friendly place with lots going on...

Now if you want more scenery, start south of SR 50 about six miles and go west on Lake Louisa Rd along the shore of Lake Louisa, take this until it dead ends then go left less than one half mile and take the first right on Lakeshore Blvd which will go along Lake Minnehaha., take this along the shore around the lake, until you reach 12th Street, the go right (N), cross over SR. 50, 12th street changes to 561 and then goes along the shoreline of Lake Minneola, take this until you reach 565, go right on 565 along shore of Lake Minneola until it reach U.S 27, then go North and pick up 19 again & proceed

for another side jaunt, when you reach Howey in the Hills on US. 19 go right until you reach the shore of Little Lake Harris.. JB Boondocks is a biker friendly restaurant and bar on the water in this little two mile stretch of lake shore, then return to US 19 and proceed when you run out of lakeshore road.

It is beautiful Lake and Hill country with a lot of biker friendly places. Bring warm clothing since we expect temps in the 40 to 42 range in North Lake County Sat evening.. Hope this helps...

Awesome Bikerdoc, thanks a zillion!

MouthPiece
11-04-2010, 08:10 PM
If you want some really really good down home cookin, stop at the "Speckled Butterbean" at the flea market in Webster, Flarda. (if that's on your route). I've been there and I thought my momma was in the kitchen cookin.

Chris PE# 0004

capt jim
11-05-2010, 05:37 PM
interested in the ride to mount dora sat. will be coming from deland not too far. what time and what meeting place? thanks capt jim.

SpyderLuv
11-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Would love to go but committed to a Blue Knights ride for Give Kids The World on Saturday. Enjoy the ryde and the day.:yes: