PDA

View Full Version : Cobble stones and Pot holes

sealfloorboards
11-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Hi Gang,

I'm in Puerto Vallarta, Mx. for a bit. The city streets are mostly cobble stone with lots of pot holes. Makes for a rough, slow ride. Any suggestions for the optimum tire pressure and shock settings? I have an 09 SR SE5. I'm only about 140 lbs. and have it set pretty soft. I hesitate to carry a passnger for fear of bottoming out. Any ideas would be qpprciated.

By the way, Seal FloorBoards is up and shipping even though I'm playing in the sun. I am still in constant touch with all you :spyder2:Lovers so feel free o contact me. With my Winter Freight Sale, now is a good time to upgrade fr comfort and security and save a few bucks to boot.

Ride in comfort,

John
sealfloorboards.com

BMikiten
11-03-2010, 05:27 AM
I'd be interested in knowing if you ever go into limp mode on rough streets. I was able to trigger it (prior to the DPS update) on a regular basis by hitting a series of raised man hole covers in my neighborhood.

Brian

Hi Gang,

I'm in Puerto Vallarta, Mx. for a bit. The city streets are mostly cobble stone with lots of pot holes. Makes for a rough, slow ride. Any suggestions for the optimum tire pressure and shock settings? I have an 09 SR SE5. I'm only about 140 lbs. and have it set pretty soft. I hesitate to carry a passnger for fear of bottoming out. Any ideas would be qpprciated.

By the way, Seal FloorBoards is up and shipping even though I'm playing in the sun. I am still in constant touch with all you :spyder2:Lovers so feel free o contact me. With my Winter Freight Sale, now is a good time to upgrade fr comfort and security and save a few bucks to boot.

Ride in comfort,

John
sealfloorboards.com

sealfloorboards
11-05-2010, 03:50 PM
I'd be interested in knowing if you ever go into limp mode on rough streets. I was able to trigger it (prior to the DPS update) on a regular basis by hitting a series of raised man hole covers in my neighborhood.

Brian

I find that if I am turning of the cobblestone streets here in Puerto Vallarta, and accelerate too fast the motor will cough until I'm straightened out. Other than that, it's just watch for the potholes. I am trying to stiffen my shocks up. I got the front ones done but cant get the wrench in the rear to fit. No room to turn it with the wheel on. Any tips?

John
Seal FloorBoards

wyliec
11-05-2010, 03:58 PM
I find that if I am turning of the cobblestone streets here in Puerto Vallarta, and accelerate too fast the motor will cough until I'm straightened out. Other than that, it's just watch for the potholes. I am trying to stiffen my shocks up. I got the front ones done but cant get the wrench in the rear to fit. No room to turn it with the wheel on. Any tips?

John
Seal FloorBoards

I believe I used a long socket extension when I did mine.

ataDude
11-05-2010, 04:45 PM
I believe I used a long socket extension when I did mine.

Just don't use a "wobble" extension or you'll bugger up the shock. :gaah:

Arthur---Mexico
11-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Dear John,

Try Aspen CO. Their streets are smooth as the cheeks of a baby. No pot holes but and classy people, si. Get into Mexico City and I'll buy you a delicious dinner. 16/29 psi. Arthur---Mexico City, tel: 55-5281-1977

John worte: I'm in Puerto Vallarta, Mx. for a bit. The city streets are mostly cobble stone with lots of pot holes. Makes for a rough, slow ride. Any suggestions? Ride in comfort,

sealfloorboards
11-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Dear John,

Try Aspen CO. Their streets are smooth as the cheeks of a baby. No pot holes but and classy people, si. Get into Mexico City and I'll buy you a delicious dinner. 16/29 psi. Arthur---Mexico City, tel: 55-5281-1977

John worte: I'm in Puerto Vallarta, Mx. for a bit. The city streets are mostly cobble stone with lots of pot holes. Makes for a rough, slow ride. Any suggestions? Ride in comfort,

Thanks for the info Arthur. I'm running 20 bs now and will take it to 25 for a test. Don't know if I'm ready for Mexico City, but i appreciat the kind offer. Never know!

John
Seal FloorBoards