PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Info Card

johnnyg
11-01-2010, 07:34 PM
We were on a ride this weekend, a few of the other spyder riders were looking at our spyder when they noticed in our trunk our Emergency info card that we had made up. They thought it was a great idea and said we should put this on the forum. We have an RT ours is located in the trunk on the back wall,that way when they open the trunk its right in front of them. We were thinking if you have an RS you could put it in the Frunk God for bid the worst happens and you can't give your information to the authorities. They will see it when they check your ride out. Here is a draft of what we have in our trunk. Just fill in your information. WE hope you like this idea and it will never have to be seen. JC

Incase of Emergency
As of 11/01/10

Jane Doe @ PH xxx-xxx-xxxx

John Smith Medication- XXXXXXXX cap 10-20MG
Blood Type ? XXXXXXXX 25MG
Age ? No known allergic reactions to med.

Jane Smith Medication- XXXXXXXX 0.625MG
Blood Type ? XXXXXXXX 50MG
Age ? No known allergic reactions to med.

Bike Insurance State Farm Policy # aaa aaaa aaaa aaa
Agent Bart Smith # xxx-xxx-xxxx

Alternative contact- A Friend or neighbor PH ###-###-####

docdoru
11-01-2010, 07:39 PM
:thumbup:

BikerDoc
11-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Trust you johnnyg to be well organized and thorough... but shouldn't it include the name of the last gas station I sent my friends to that was closed..???? Seriously its a great idea since is there ever is a wreck, it isn't likely we will be talking..

ataDude
11-01-2010, 08:35 PM
I carry all of my emergency and medical info on a thumb drive with a neck lanyard. Use .txt file and anyone can read it... including the ambulance/EMTs.

LDFIREWORKS
11-01-2010, 08:46 PM
:thumbup::agree::thumbup:

pjp623
11-02-2010, 06:59 AM
These are all great ideas, and something that more of us should be thinking about. :shemademe_smilie:

GaryTheBadger
11-02-2010, 08:44 AM
Another thing you can do to help Emergency Services: On your cell phone, create a couple of entries called ICE, it stands for In Case of Emergency. I have one for my wife, one for my brother, one for my mother. If I am unconscious, they can contact any of these relatives. This suggestion is in addition to other forms of contact as described elsewhere in this thread, not to replace them. I consider it cheap insurance.

Bob Denman
11-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Excellent ideas for just in case the worst possible scenario ever rears its ugly head... :2thumbs:

NancysToy
11-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Although you are less likely to fall off a Spyder and be separated from it in an accident, unlike a motorcycle, I would recommend carrying the card on your person. If an emergency responder looks in your wallet and finds your ID, he/she is unlikely to search through your trunk for something further. Old rules of thumb for motorcycle tourers...cell phone on your person, ID on your person, and ICE entry on your cell phone.

Yazz
11-02-2010, 10:56 AM
Although you are less likely to fall off a Spyder and be separated from it in an accident, unlike a motorcycle, I would recommend carrying the card on your person. If an emergency responder looks in your wallet and finds your ID, he/she is unlikely to search through your trunk for something further. Old rules of thumb for motorcycle tourers...cell phone on your person, ID on your person, and ICE entry on your cell phone.
:agree: Have it on your person. How many non-Spyder ryders know how to open the frunk?

Recon
11-02-2010, 12:36 PM
:agree: All are good ideas and the end result is that everyone should be aware that they need to carry some sort of identification system if they are unable to respond to paramedics or emergency response people.

NancysToy
11-02-2010, 02:27 PM
:agree: All are good ideas and the end result is that everyone should be aware that they need to carry some sort of identification system if they are unable to respond to paramedics or emergency response people.
You betcha! When I crashed my R75/5 BMW in 2004, and was knocked unconscious, they knew who I was, contacted my wife, and she was at the hospital by the time they brought me in. My doctor had already been notified, too. Since I was unable to speak to them for several hours, it was a huge help. BTW, the police did not even look for my registration and proof of insurance on my bike, where they were kept. They only looked in my wallet, then wrote me a ticket. That is why your important information should be kept on your person.

bruiser
11-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Some time ago the Red Cross gave out what looked like a medicine bottle with forms for all the important info. We still have ours. Keeps it in one place and dry. We could have as many as we wanted for all our vehicles, house etc. They may still have them available.

VaughnCat
11-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Not only important to carry your ICE info on you at all times but also to have posted on your refrig at home.

:doorag: