PDA

View Full Version : healp

1spyder
10-31-2010, 12:45 PM
welcomeHey eveyone I have recently looked into getting a spyder can anyone give me some pros and cons on these awsome looking bikes? Allso do I need a class m to drive it in california? Thanks for you feed back

BikerDoc
10-31-2010, 01:44 PM
On the negative side you can't lay it down to break your ankle or leg (opps maybe that isn't so negative). It's more difficult to perform maintenance than most bikes (I guess that comes with the complicated systems that make it good). It's gas mileage is less than a conventional bike - 25 to 32 depending on who you believe and how you ride.

On the positive side it is very comfortable ,especially RT for passengers, the electronic systems create great stability and ease of steering (if you have the new dps), it has much more acceleration and power than you would believe from a three wheeler, the automatic transmission option offers especially easy riding in traffic compared to conventional bike.. and the pluses go on and on..not the least important of which is that you join a fantastic group of people called spyder lovers!! people who provide support, guidance, and friendship every step of the way through your ownership experience.

fastfraser
10-31-2010, 02:04 PM
welcome Pros: Most fun bike you will ever own.:2thumbs:

Cons: Price ( although not a bad price compaired to other trikes )
Gas mileage

Pincushion
11-04-2010, 09:12 AM
A Class M is not required in California for the Spyder (for any trike or motorcycle with a sidecar for that matter)

Find a local dealer and go take a test ryde.... you will be hooked!
I was hooked right away, I test rode 3 different times at 3 different dealers, I know I HAD to own one...took me a year but I finally got one. Never once regretted it, I have added almost 17,000 miles in the first year.

DragonLorD
11-04-2010, 09:54 AM
positive - it attracts a lot of girls, way more than any other bike

negative - that positive above may be a problem once your girlfriend is with you :gaah: