PDA

View Full Version : steering not working after recall

hondaman
10-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Had my recall done 2 weeks ago,took it for a 200 mile ride.It would work in a turn then shut off.Now it doesnt work at all,if I go through a sweeping turn its a job to force it through it.Took it back to the dealer and they said im not the first to have this problem and they would check into it.I have put 500 miles on it now.....

SpyderWolf
10-30-2010, 04:02 PM
Had my recall done 2 weeks ago,took it for a 200 mile ride.It would work in a turn then shut off.Now it doesnt work at all,if I go through a sweeping turn its a job to force it through it.Took it back to the dealer and they said im not the first to have this problem and they would check into it.I have put 500 miles on it now.....

Is this on an RT or an RS model? Just curious. The other posts I have read about issues after the recall were usually caused by the dealer not resetting the Steering Angle Sensor (SAS). Hopefully that is what is causing your issue as well, and it should be a simple fix with BUDS.

Best of luck!

hondaman
10-30-2010, 04:21 PM
Is this on an RT or an RS model? Just curious. The other posts I have read about issues after the recall were usually caused by the dealer not resetting the Steering Angle Sensor (SAS). Hopefully that is what is causing your issue as well, and it should be a simple fix with BUDS.

Best of luck!

2008 sm5

SpyderWolf
10-30-2010, 04:49 PM
2008 sm5

Thanks. I would suspect the SAS, but definitely let us know what you find out about it.