PDA

View Full Version : confused

mushroom
10-29-2010, 08:10 PM
As a new owner what is wrong with this picture? My new se5 mod when stop and go ryding in the city with lots of stop signs and such, I get eng lite, oil lite and limp lite. ( after stop and reset all normal) but in normal over the road all seems normal.

Dealer recently ran computed and found no problem. after abt 50 mile same problems.

who can help a Old man with a new toyY?

NancysToy
10-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Check your battery connections to make sure they are clean and tight. Also make sure your relays are seated well, in the front fusebox. If everything looks OK there, the dealer is going to have to try harder. There are few things that cause limp mode and leave no traces...possibly bad wiring. Best of luck! welcome

BajaRon
10-29-2010, 11:02 PM
How hot is it getting?

NancysToy
10-30-2010, 09:03 AM
How hot is it getting?
Definitely could be a cause, especially if the fan relay was loose or has failed.

SpyderWolf
10-30-2010, 04:36 PM
Definitely could be a cause, especially if the fan relay was loose or has failed.

Being in Texas, I would definitely have that checked as well. I know of one that failed while I was in Daytona, and it took a while to troubleshoot what the problem was. The check engine light was the first indicator of the problem in that case.

boborgera
10-30-2010, 05:34 PM
Being in Texas, I would definitely have that checked as well. I know of one that failed while I was in Daytona, and it took a while to troubleshoot what the problem was. The check engine light was the first indicator of the problem in that case.

Shouldn't the temp gage be an indicator also?

SpyderWolf
10-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Shouldn't the temp gage be an indicator also?

Yes, if it got to the point where it was actually close to overheating the temp gauge should be pegged. There is some funky connection deal with the fan, where if it is not connected properly the check engine light will come on, even if you are not close to overheating.

spyryder
10-30-2010, 09:07 PM
Also make sure you aren't riding the brake pedal. That's been known to trigger faults as well.

SpyderWolf
10-30-2010, 09:09 PM
Also make sure you aren't riding the brake pedal. That's been known to trigger faults as well.

That is a very good point as well. Thanks for bringing that up again. :thumbup: