PDA

View Full Version : Winter Riding

kuroneko81
10-29-2010, 07:59 PM
ive seen some pics of spyder ryders riding in snow…does anyone here do that?

pierrelogic
10-29-2010, 08:52 PM
I have every intention of ryding through the entire Winter if possible. Putting a Kuhmo Easta AST tire on the back in the next month that provides a little grip on snow but not much. As far as the temperature, it's all about layering. Put some air wings on last week that help a ton with wind on my legs. I've ridden snowmobiles 70+ MPH in -43 degrees before in the Rockies so plenty of cold weather gear on hand. :thumbup: Only difference I see is no need for an avalanche beacon. :D Snow or ice covered roads will be the main problems. On those days the truck will be my transportation but I doubt I'll be doing as much joy ryding in the winter. Who really does?

Rode to work for the first time yesterday wearing camo coveralls. I was toasty the entire ryde. :ohyea:

budro
10-29-2010, 09:34 PM
Lookin' forward to ridin' until it snows or ices. Then the salt comes & I garage it until dry roads return. God bless the frenchman that decided to put the heated grips on the RT.
Of course there are dry road winter days as well.:banghead:

Brevet05
10-29-2010, 11:23 PM
I concur with PL and Budro. I'll ride to work til the roads ice. Not too concerned with temperature, as the heated handgrips and my winter ski/snowmobile togs should be good enough for the 12 miles I need to travel to work. After all, we're on a BRrrrrrP!

bonehead
10-30-2010, 04:30 PM
Im usually done afte the first snow and salt hit the roads, I hate cold weather.:gaah: