PDA

View Full Version : Paint or Wraps?? Help?

BikerDoc
10-28-2010, 01:55 PM
I am getting weary of plain black as a color scheme for my RT but I am not much of a do it your selfer so I am leary about putting on wraps from kits. Do any of you know of any good vendors to do spyder wraps or paint jobs here in florida , central florida preferably...

Recon
10-28-2010, 04:15 PM
I am getting weary of plain black as a color scheme for my RT but I am not much of a do it your selfer so I am leary about putting on wraps from kits. Do any of you know of any good vendors to do spyder wraps or paint jobs here in florida , central florida preferably...

Are you going to be at moonchasers BBQ saturday? Someone there should know something local. I've heard if you take just the panels to a paint shop you can save a bundle and get a better paint job

LDFIREWORKS
10-28-2010, 05:11 PM
:agree:

SpyderWolf
10-28-2010, 09:34 PM
I don't know about prices in Florida, but around here to take the black panels on my Spyder in for paint was going to be $700 for a solid color. I was not sure about that committment, so I went with the wrap instead. The good thing about the wrap is I can take it off, or change it to something else, any time I want to without being stuck repainting. If you are not comfortable attempting to put it on yourself, any place that does window tinting should be able to do it for you. It is basically the same type of procedure.

Hope that helps.

InspectorGadget
10-29-2010, 06:55 AM
Hal,
There is a place in Dundee located on US 27 that does car wraps.
Perhaps you could check with them to see what is available and if they would install.
Good luck C-YA RL

chris56
10-29-2010, 09:35 AM
i took mine to a car-advertising company - they made some silver lines on the front - and a brp-circle on the side (looked too fat for me) - done on the evening not expensive...

BikerDoc
10-29-2010, 01:21 PM
Keep the ideas coming please.. thank you SpyderWolf for your advice on why to Wrap vs Paint.. you make a very good point. May be I just need to pull some courage togerher and try to apply the wrap myself. There is a green and yellow on on spyderdetailing.com that I really love...

SpyderWolf
10-30-2010, 03:29 PM
Keep the ideas coming please.. thank you SpyderWolf for your advice on why to Wrap vs Paint.. you make a very good point. May be I just need to pull some courage togerher and try to apply the wrap myself. There is a green and yellow on on spyderdetailing.com that I really love...

Glad to help, and you may also be able to find another Spyder Lover close to you that would be willing to help install it. I would gladly give you a hand if I lived closer to you.

BikerDoc
10-31-2010, 09:04 AM
Glad to help, and you may also be able to find another Spyder Lover close to you that would be willing to help install it. I would gladly give you a hand if I lived closer to you.

I think you are absolutely right.. I will find myself a helpful spyder lover (It seems there are many, many of them) to bolster my courage and assist me in the wrap process. Now all I have to do is figure when I can slip $698.95 into the budget