PDA

View Full Version : First all day ride on the 09

Lone Spyder Ryder
10-28-2010, 01:02 AM
Donzo and I had a nice ride up to Chico and then on to Lake Oroville and down through Garden Valley. A nice 250 mile ride on some flat land and up over a twisty pass. :2excited:
The new 09 Spyder ran very well. I averaged 31.66 mpg so that wasn’t bad. It looks like I will be getting 32 to 35 again as I did with the 08 when it was running good.
Should have all my mods all installed by next week. Looking forward to the putting the lights on I got from Custom Dynamics, foot pegs, handle bar risers from KewlMetal, and cases from BRP, (went ahead and let the dealer put them on). The BRP comfort seat was a nice surprise; it was more comfortable than my Corbin. I loved the workship and looks of my Corbin but it was never a real comfortable seat. Might have just been me. I put 14000 miles on that Corbin and it was always hard.
Any way it was sure nice to be back on the Spyder and hitting the wind. I like the BRP 25” windshield and the side fairings. No pant leg crawl :clap:and that was a good thing. I think the windshield will be even better with the Madstad Engineering bracket.
Donzo has a beautiful Saber 1100. Don’t sound like there is another Spyder in his plans for quite a while. He misses some of the safety of Spyder but that is about all.
Well just wanted to let you all know that this old grouch is bank on the Spyder and loving it all over. I would also like to thank you all for the help on the installs.:yes:
You all ride safe
leoejr

PCBeachBum
10-28-2010, 03:44 AM
Donzo and I had a nice ride up to Chico and then on to Lake Oroville and down through Garden Valley. A nice 250 mile ride on some flat land and up over a twisty pass. :2excited:
The new 09 Spyder ran very well. I averaged 31.66 mpg so that wasn’t bad. It looks like I will be getting 32 to 35 again as I did with the 08 when it was running good.
Should have all my mods all installed by next week. Looking forward to the putting the lights on I got from Custom Dynamics, foot pegs, handle bar risers from KewlMetal, and cases from BRP, (went ahead and let the dealer put them on). The BRP comfort seat was a nice surprise; it was more comfortable than my Corbin. I loved the workship and looks of my Corbin but it was never a real comfortable seat. Might have just been me. I put 14000 miles on that Corbin and it was always hard.
Any way it was sure nice to be back on the Spyder and hitting the wind. I like the BRP 25” windshield and the side fairings. No pant leg crawl :clap:and that was a good thing. I think the windshield will be even better with the Madstad Engineering bracket.
Donzo has a beautiful Saber 1100. Don’t sound like there is another Spyder in his plans for quite a while. He misses some of the safety of Spyder but that is about all.
Well just wanted to let you all know that this old grouch is bank on the Spyder and loving it all over. I would also like to thank you all for the help on the installs.:yes:
You all ride safe
leoejr

Its good to hear your enjoying you new Spyder and making it yours with the new mods.:thumbup:

groundeffect
10-28-2010, 06:15 AM
Good stuff! :thumbup:

fastfraser
10-28-2010, 06:44 AM
Enjoy your new :spyder2:.

NancysToy
10-28-2010, 07:11 AM
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Bob Denman
10-28-2010, 08:59 AM
:agree: :2thumbs:

Boriken
10-28-2010, 06:07 PM
:congrats:and do enjoy your new :spyder2:.

SpyderWolf
10-28-2010, 09:30 PM
:congrats:

Glad to hear this Spyder seems to be doing much better for you.