PDA

View Full Version : 12,000 mi. service

TexasTripod
10-27-2010, 05:37 AM
Has anyone in the Houston area had their 12,000 mi. service done yet? If so,who did it and what was the cost? Normally don't worry about these things but I don't want to skip it and then find out it voids my extended warranty.

Yazz
10-27-2010, 05:14 PM
I'm in the same boat you are. Just went over the 12k maintenance list and don't feel comfortable doing all the inspections myself so will leave it to the professionals... preventive maintenance is a good thing.

Going to try out the place in Conroe. Want see how well they do. Will tell you what the damage is.

Don't know about the warranty issue but will try to find out.

TexasTripod
10-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Thanks Yazz,I'll keep watching the forum.

Arch
10-27-2010, 10:28 PM
I've been using Pro Power Sports in Conroe for both spyders I've had, and have always been treated well, prices comparable. The one problem has been when parts were needed they had a tendency to take a longer time than I thought was necessary to get the parts in. Had the DPS unit put in during the 6000 mile service and they had it in stock, had the bike two days, no complaints.

Ed

Yazz
10-28-2010, 09:13 AM
Glad to hear a good word about Pro Power Sports. It will be a bonus if the DPS can be put in too. Will probably go next weekend.

What I really like about Conroe is I get to ryde the Montgomery Trace to get there vs. battling city traffic.

Yazz
10-29-2010, 03:46 PM
Just got back from Pro Power Sports and heres the low down.

A 12k service costs between $250.00 and $280.00. I'm changing my own oil.

Arch, they have run out of DPS's and waiting for their next shipment. Think they like you alot. I am now on their waiting list.

Tripod, if you do the service yourself and keep all the receipts showing you did it, oil, rings, etc. your warranty is still good. BRP just wants proof the service was done.

The garage is so empty right now...

TexasTripod
10-29-2010, 06:30 PM
Thanks Yazz, I'm going to keep them in mind and also see if I can find someone closer to home. That price seems reasonable.:2thumbs: