PDA

View Full Version : Contest time, "thank" goodness

Magic Man
10-26-2010, 02:57 PM
It's time! :clap:

Time for the November ESI Cycle Products Spyderlovers giveaway contest. :yes:

With Thanksgiving just around the corner, we thought this time we'd have a "things about Spyderlovers you are thankful for" contest.

Just post the thing/s about having Spyderlovers around that you are thankful for, and on 11/30/10 we'll again draw a post number to pick the winner as usual.

This time the winner will receive a Street Magic accent light kit complete with remote control for their Spyder.

So let's all take some time this holiday season to stop and remember to be thankful for all the good things in our life, and let's hear what you're thankful for about Spyderlovers. :thumbup:

MM

SpyderAnn01
10-26-2010, 03:07 PM
I am thankful for all of the really smart people on this forum that have helped me and for all of the new friends that I have made on the site.

Some Guy
10-26-2010, 03:13 PM
I am thankful for all of the really smart people on this forum that have helped me and for all of the new friends that I have made on the site.
:agree:

Also grateful to your husband for showing me how to stop my license plate from breaking over and over again. :thumbup:

Fire Joe
10-26-2010, 03:13 PM
I am most thankful for finding an awesome dealer through Spyderlovers. I am also thankful for all the info that can be found here courtesy of all it's great members. Last but not least are the awesome guys and gals from MO that I was able to meet with personally because of finding them here on Spyderlovers.

Eraser
10-26-2010, 03:14 PM
If it wasn't for Spyderlovers.com I would not have gone any further after having some problems with my first bike....I'm a very happy owner because of this site and it's members' support during my days of getting educated.(The group "Hug" I'll hold for another time.:roflblack:)
Thanxs a lot Ladies and Gents!!!

YPILOT
10-26-2010, 03:18 PM
I'm thankful that so many Spyderlovers want to share the experience of Spyder ownership. You guys and gals are:firstplace:

boborgera
10-26-2010, 03:53 PM
I would like to say to the Spyderlovers Members thank you; For all the story's and tales about your travels, It reminds me when i used to drive to Michigan back in the early 70's, I would listen to the truck drivers stories and their travels on the CB,
Just listing made the drive go by quicker.

And so as i read about the Spyderlovers travels i feel like i made those trips myself.
That alone is worth being on this Forum.

wildbill6565
10-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Our Spyders let Liz and I to meet you and Paddy!
Ended up with a empty wallet though!

Yazz
10-26-2010, 05:58 PM
I am so thankful for Spyderlovers because this site has helped me enjoy Spydee in ways I wouldn't have thought of when I bought her.

Spyderlovers is full of good and humorous people ready to answer questions large and small.

Spyderlovers has encouraged me to travel to places I never would have thought to go, have adventures I never thought could happen, and meet great people all along the way.

Spyderlovers is full of friends. Some I've met and many I have yet to meet.

Lastly, Spyderlovers helped me find a part of myself I thought was lost forever...

Thank you so much!

bruiser
10-26-2010, 06:06 PM
This is without a doubt the best site for Spyder info. The generosity of it's members in sharing not only ideas and suggestions but help, prayers and encouragement when needed is just amazing. I may never get to meet any of you but I feel I've been a part of this great group from day one. Thank you all.

Roadkill
10-26-2010, 06:11 PM
+I'm thankful for the information overload available from the assembled masses.

Ride on.
Roadkill

vt228
10-26-2010, 06:28 PM
I love the people and the help you get on this sight andthankful for all of the really smart people on this forum and for lamonster for all the up dates and magicman for all the goodys we can put on our toys and when one of us is hurt or needs a hand we all come to help with words and lend a hand I met lots of people from west coast to east murtel beach sc and duddly jen and one man that sent me gloves to try out and they helped me out with problem I had doing lights You all are family that can not be replaced at all Love you all welcom to stay at my home anytimeFor Laconia 2011 room in the condo is open for 6 people for Laconia bike week at the summet 4 seasons for 2011 Don THATS WHAT THIS SIGHT MEANS TO ME!!!!

Blue Star
10-26-2010, 07:21 PM
for all the information I learn about the Spyder before buying one.

Army Dad

PS. I am also thankful that I won this contest so I got a free mod for my Spyder :D:D

Trickie Dick
10-26-2010, 07:44 PM
having found such a wonderful hobby that has afforded me so many hours of pleasure and the opportunity to meet so many fine people that I, otherwise, would not have met.

stgilmer
10-26-2010, 08:34 PM
I am thankful for all of you for advice/help and also VERY thankful for the NEW (fixed) DPS.

Sopher
10-26-2010, 09:00 PM
This one's easy: I'm thankful for Lamont. If he did not startup and maintain this site, Spyderlovers would obviously not exist.

bobbobtar
10-26-2010, 09:03 PM
I am thankful to all the members that have shared all there knowledge with us new (May 2011 RT-S) Spyder owners.

bruiser
10-26-2010, 09:06 PM
This one's easy: I'm thankful for Lamont. If he did not startup and maintain this site, Spyderlovers would obviously not exist.

:agree::clap::clap:

- Tim -
10-26-2010, 09:09 PM
This year I am thankful for...

- Learning about the Can-Am Spyder for the first time!
- Learning about SpyderLovers.com through a web search for information about this really cool three-wheel machine called a Spyder!
- Finding such an amazing resource of good, first-hand Spyder information in SpyderLovers!
- Being so kindly welcomed by the members here!
- Becoming a 2010 Spyder RS-S owner!!
- Having access to the great SpyderLovers vendors!

AND... (among other things too numerous to mention)

-- ESI Cycle Products and Magic Man's generous SpyderLovers giveaway contests!!

WackyDan
10-26-2010, 09:12 PM
I'm thankful for all the info here that every Spyderlover has contributed that not only convinced me to by my spyder but also how to best modify it and maintain, and thankful that I've been able to contribute back to the community in some way.

I'm EXTREMELY thankful for all the Spyderlovers that kept my wife and I and our newborn preemie daughter in their thoughts and offered their prayers. The closeness we have even though many of us have never met is astounding.

I'm thankful for the thoughtfulness and generosity of Spyderlovers like Forest, Doc, Docriverside and his wife (She bakes me cookies), MusicArcade, Firefly, and others who have lent a couch or bed, broke bread, or shared something of value with me in regard to our Spyders.

I'm thankful for Spyderlover vendors like ESI (Evan), that when you call he spends time on the phone sharing his knowledge of everything spyder and helps you make the right purchase.

Finally, I'm thankful for the 1st Spyderlover - Lamont, who without this site I would not have met so many of you.

GaryTheBadger
10-26-2010, 09:25 PM
I am thankful for SpyderLovers allowing me to start a new career after I was laid off three months ago.

cjackg
10-26-2010, 09:58 PM
I'm thankful for all the info & pictures on "How To" do most everything yourself on the Spyder.
It sure is great having access to all this owner experience instead of having to rely on a dealer for everything.

Rando
10-26-2010, 10:01 PM
I am thankful to BRP for bringing to market a hobby that my wife and I can share! And to Lamonster for creating SpyderLovers!

burg650
10-26-2010, 10:15 PM
I'm thankful for Spyderlovers.com, Lamonster is the Man.

qasamm
10-26-2010, 11:33 PM
O am thankful that I have this resource I can refer to in tempering my crazy ideas (and supporting others) with a great group of people.

taggtr
10-26-2010, 11:35 PM
I'm thankful for Spyderlovers because of all the useful information shared here by others. I learned of recalls here before my dealer did and learned a lot here on how to maintain my Spyder and introduced to many cool mods. Thank you Spyderlovers for making me "look like" an expert in the eyes of my dealership!

MoonChaser213
10-27-2010, 07:05 AM
I am thankful to SpyderLovers because I'm not alone anymore. I have people to make me laugh, people to give me advice, people to support me through difficult down times with my spyder. I love you guys.:f_spider:

FANG
10-27-2010, 08:52 AM
Gee what can I say -- Spydelovers is a FAMILY. A great group of individuals that have come together because of a "uncommon" motorcycle and have bonded.
They have given me support through hard times, advice on my spyder; made me laugh when I needed it and I have met the best friends that anyone could ever want.
Thanks SpyderLovers and thanks MM for all you do too.

effgjamis
10-27-2010, 09:34 AM
My thanks to the RS spyder which gave me almost 39,000 almost issue free miles.
But most importantly, God's gift to me that I still may ride in the wind and finding a 3 wheeler that I can ride
and the great people I met and ride with thoughout this great country.
And I guess for " Blue " my new RT as a replacement of my Yellow RS and with hopes it will serve me as well as the RS.

Sarge707
10-27-2010, 09:46 AM

And so I can enter these Contests that I don,t have a chance of winning!:roflblack::hun::roflblack:

pjp623
10-27-2010, 09:57 AM
:ohyea: I am thankful for the wealth of knowledge possesed by this group and the numerous trips to the dealer I $aved by going here first. Also to the vendors and all the great mods that I've gotten from them. :thumbup:

GloryRyders
10-27-2010, 11:37 AM
I am thankful and greatful for all the people on Spyderlovers and those that are in the Mo. Gang............great new friends!:clap: Also Lamont for the foresight of creating Spyderlovers in the first place.:firstplace: what a guy!

BikerDoc
10-27-2010, 12:05 PM
I am thankful for new friends I have met; for continuing critical information on the spyder; for access to ordering hot new spyder products, and for seeing the Spyder World grow and prosper..

SpyderLuv
10-27-2010, 12:12 PM
I am so thankful for the wonderful people on here that are willing to offer suggestions and help, even if it's for the same thing that has been asked before. Thanks for your patience. Ryde Long, Ryde Often, Just Ryde.:yes:

Roger
10-27-2010, 03:32 PM
I'am thankful for all the new friends i have met! :clap::clap:

M2Wild
10-27-2010, 03:48 PM
I am thankful that I had a safe riding season on my Spyder.

Campverdefela
10-27-2010, 05:07 PM
I'm also very thankful to Lamont and this site from which I have learned and continue to learn so much about this fantastic machine. Also to all the contributors of threads and posts, who without your input would not be as great as it is. I think everyone of us no matter how knowledgeable you are has learned something, this forum is certainly worth its weight in gold.

LDFIREWORKS
10-27-2010, 05:13 PM
thankful for spyder lovers . because i got a chance to meet really funny looking people like Forest , Doc, and the funniest looking of all Evan :roflblack: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack: no really [ great info and great people ] :dontknow::dontknow: :2thumbs:

ABN350F
10-27-2010, 05:30 PM
Im thankful for everything about the website, its members and most of all my spyder!

Boriken
10-27-2010, 06:16 PM
I am thankful for the wealth of information that I have gathered at this forum which has made me a better ryder and thus enjoy this wonderful machine. Thanks to all the spyder lovers who contribute their knowledge and experiences for the benefit of eveeryone.

Pincushion
10-27-2010, 07:25 PM
I am thankful my loving wife and all the great times we have on the Spyder. I am also thankful for my wonderful "Spyder family" that I have met as a result of owning my Spyder. That means you, my fellow West Coast Spyder members and everyone on SpyderLovers.

irish2themax
10-27-2010, 09:35 PM
After the death od my wife, I went into a deep depression. I'm thankful for my Spyder and the friends I've made since which helped pull me back out.

Ride to Live, live to ride!

COOLMACHINE
10-27-2010, 10:00 PM
Thanks ESI. I'm thankful for the nice people on this forum, Lamont for the great job he does and the great information we receive here. Jerry

SethO
10-27-2010, 10:06 PM
the awsome network of owners and information swap. PLUS the racing doc and others.

nudle
10-27-2010, 10:42 PM
:2thumbs: I am thankful for new friends I have met; for continuing critical information on the spyder; for access to ordering hot new spyder products, and for seeing the Spyder World grow and prosper..But most thankful for the friends I have made and met through Spyderlovers.

clueless
10-28-2010, 12:33 AM
thankful for all the others on here that share what they found to improve or fix issues with the Spyder.

it helps 10000% when going to the dealer to let them know what to fix when you have an issue...

also nice to see all the unique mods others have done and paint jobs...

spydsense
10-28-2010, 04:26 AM
I am thankful to have something great to read at 5 something in the morning.

:2thumbs:

Red Recluse
10-28-2010, 06:42 AM
I am thankful for everyone's help and advice that they give. Everyone on Spyderlovers.com has been very helpful any time I needed it. You find a lot of times your not the only one that has the same questions, which makes you feel better and not afraid to ask questions. I am very thankful for Lamonster because he was very helpful to me and if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have this wonderful site.:thumbup: THANK YOU LAMONSTER!

jimclarkf1
10-28-2010, 07:18 AM
I want to say, THANKS for the :spyder2: people on this site, and my wife and I have been going back to church, for about 3 months now, GOING VERY WELL.:clap:

killerbee
10-28-2010, 09:34 AM
I'm sooo thankful for all the information on maintenance on the Spyder on this forum. It gets my hubby out to the garage and OUT OF MY HAIR!!! Thank you...thank you...thank you!:clap:

wyliec
10-28-2010, 09:46 AM
I find this place insightful, entertaining, and helpful. I find it especially entertaining for those posts where the poster doesn't have any punctuation on his/her keyboard.

bone crusher
10-28-2010, 09:13 PM
I am just grateful to all those who help others...

SpyderWolf
10-28-2010, 09:43 PM
I am thankful for my Spyder, as I thought I would never ride in the open air with the wind in my face again. I am very thankful for Lamont starting Spyder Lovers, as it has opened up an entirely new network of friends that share a common interest with me. I thank all of you who freely share advice, stories, and pictures, on here with the rest of us. I am thankful for all of the new friends I have made through the site. And yes, I am even thankful for the supporting vendors who seem to suck the money out of my wallet faster than a vacuum cleaner ever could. :D

sealfloorboards
10-29-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm thankful for the guy and his Spyder I say at an Arco a couple of years ago. It changed my life and extended my riding life, hopefully, for many years. I was about to hang up my goggles. I'm also thankful that it allowed this old dog to start a new business at 67. It's given me a hole new purpose and excitement towards life in general.

John
Seal FloorBoards.com

SPYDER4FUN
10-29-2010, 05:30 PM
:firstplace:

Thankful for Lamont & all the Syderlovers members
This has become a wonderful social network .. this web site has all the information and knowledge a Spyder owner would ever want or need and that information is shared .. it is where people can banter :gaah:complain or laugh :roflblack: with and at each other .. friends have been made even though some of us have never met. I am very thankful indeed to have purchased a Spyder & become a part of this experience

Star Cruiser
10-29-2010, 11:15 PM
I am thankful for the awesome enabled ryders that I have met, helped and been helped by. My Spyder is the reason I came to the Forum..... The PEOPLE are why I come back.

QuadManiac
10-29-2010, 11:19 PM
I am thankful for the wealth of information, fellowship and camraderie that this great website has.

MarkLawson
10-30-2010, 06:45 AM
I'm thankful for the responsiveness of Lamont and the members of the SpyderLovers forum. The combined wealth of knowledge gives me assurance that I can learn whatever I need from these great people.

Amanda B
10-30-2010, 07:03 AM
I'm thankful for all the information people give and the questions that have been answered. I'm also thankful for the different personalities I have met at the rides.

Papa
10-30-2010, 07:59 AM
I am thankful that because of the RT, I can get my wife out of the house. She has Multiple Sclerosis which has taken away her ability to move around easily. She is able to get on the RT because of its stability and feels secure enbough that she comes out on rides with me. It's about the only thiking she is able to do outside. :clap::2thumbs:

Magic Man
11-08-2010, 07:40 AM
:dontknow:

sealfloorboards
11-08-2010, 08:07 AM
I'm thankful for Can Am, SpyderLovers, Lomant and all you members for showing me that an gimpy,"old guy" like me can have a second life of riding. I was ready to give it up before I came across SpyderLovers and all you great :spyder2:Lovers out there. I'm very excited about attending my 1st rally at SpyderFest in April. You people also gave me an opportunity to have a second career with SealFloorBoards. I love starting new business'. Nothing will keep one young like a new, exciting project, especially one that i can get so involved in and love....like riding my :spyder2:, making new friends and hopefully helping other riders enjoy their :spyder2: experiene even more. Can't wait to meet a whole bunch of new friends in April. You guys are the best! Thank you one and all.

John
Seal FloorBoards

Bob Denman
11-08-2010, 08:09 AM
This is such a great place to look for info, trade barbs with friends, find folks who are going for a ride nearby and find ways to tinker with these great toys that we all appreciate. I'm thankful for all of you!

dave01
11-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Many things come to mind this time of the year. To say I am thankful to Lamont for starting, maintaining and putting up with us on this site would be an understatement.
I am also thankful for the vendors that have become site sponsors here and for the products they have developed that not only make our spyders personal, but also add to the safety of ryding as well. Many thanks go out to the gang at ESI. My spyder doesnt hide in the dark anymore and can be seen much easier now. Keep the stuff coming. There is a small dark area on the sides of the front trunk, like where some pucks would really look good...hint...hint
Got to add that I am thankful for the many in our armed forces that will be away from thier loved ones this year that work so hard to keep this country what it is and that allows us the FREEDOM to make the choices that we do.

http://lewwaters.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/freedom-isnt-free.jpg

I'm waiting for a time when all of our men and women that serve can be home to celebrate these days with thier families just like they are making it possible for us to do.

murphybrown
11-08-2010, 09:09 AM
There is the before Spyderlovers and Ms. Spyder and the after. Who would have thunk that this great grannie's life would unfold like a flower growing and blooming.
Because of all you wonderful spyderlovers....the following has occurred:

Purchased the Spyder without seeing or ryding.
Have totally trusted you when I have had a ?...and trust me some of those ?'s are totally "blond" - even tho I am totally grey!!
Have found some incredible businesses to deal with, again sight unseen. But I have learned to trust your opinions.
My enjoyment of the world has expanded because of having Ms. Spyder, getting sound, funny and wonderful advise from Spyderlovers..
Has me making plans for a trip to Cubo, MO..

The fact that here in America we still have freedoms to do, be and say...ourself. Free to be...is :2thumbs:

BumbleBee
11-08-2010, 10:32 AM
Where do I start!

I am Thankful to be healthy, alive, and able to enjoy life to the fullest.
Thankful for my wonderful family and friends. Especially my husband, getting us through the toughest time in our life, the loss of our daughter. Our house, vehicles, and everything we own, including having food on the table.

Thankful to have found something I really enjoy, and that is my Spyder, never thought to be ryding a spyder or any motorcycle and ryding across country.
For Lamont, Vendors, and all the SpyderLovers here on this site, you guys and gals are really great. To have such friends is a blessing.

Be Thankful of what you have, Life is too short, live it to the fullest and enjoy each day :2thumbs:

mdr
11-08-2010, 10:52 AM
I'm thankful that I found this site before I even purchased the Spyder, and it has continued to provide useful information for me for the last 2 years. I'm thankful for all the animal-lovers on the site who support one another when we lose our best friends. I'm thankful that I get to experience Spyder road trips vicariously.

aerialdall
11-29-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm thankful for all the wealth of information that can be found on this site & the willingness of all who step forward to help out whenever someone needs help. This forum shows there still is some really good people left in this world. Thank-you to all.

Deb

aerialdall
12-07-2010, 01:09 AM
It's time! :clap:

Time for the November ESI Cycle Products Spyderlovers giveaway contest. :yes:

With Thanksgiving just around the corner, we thought this time we'd have a "things about Spyderlovers you are thankful for" contest.

Just post the thing/s about having Spyderlovers around that you are thankful for, and on 11/30/10 we'll again draw a post number to pick the winner as usual.

This time the winner will receive a Street Magic accent light kit complete with remote control for their Spyder.

So let's all take some time this holiday season to stop and remember to be thankful for all the good things in our life, and let's hear what you're thankful for about Spyderlovers. :thumbup:

MM

Did I miss this or did it get lost in the Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Too Busy Tuesday ~ Holiday Razzle Dazzle time of year? :joke: If so you could just forget that you forgot & send it to me because you don't remember who it was supposed to be sent to. :roflblack:

Just saying...

Deb

Magic Man
12-07-2010, 06:45 AM
The winner was #064 Dave01! :firstplace:

docdoru
12-07-2010, 06:57 AM
:congrats: Dave01 :thumbup:

pjp623
12-07-2010, 09:06 AM
:2thumbs: Way to go, Dave01.

Thanks again Evan for another great contest.

Lamonster
12-07-2010, 10:17 AM
:congrats:

retired1
12-07-2010, 10:37 AM
:clap::congrats: Dave!

dave01
12-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Woohoo Sitting here in savannah ga on the boat and what great surprise to see this. Thanks evan. I will call you tomorrow.:ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

Blue Star
12-07-2010, 11:14 PM

:congrats::congrats::congrats::2thumbs::2thumbs::2 thumbs:

aerialdall
12-08-2010, 12:00 AM
Congrats! Enjoy those lights!

Deb

Pincushion
12-08-2010, 12:50 AM
Congrats Dave....:2thumbs:

:congrats:

SpyderWolf
12-10-2010, 05:28 PM
:congrats: Dave!

dave01
12-10-2010, 09:11 PM
:congrats: Dave!

Just trying to catch upmto you on the number of lights:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

SpyderWolf
12-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Just trying to catch upmto you on the number of lights:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Good luck my friend, as I am hoping to install some more today, and then am waiting for a special shipment within the next two weeks. :D

What can I say, lighting up my Spyder has become very addictive. nojoke