PDA

View Full Version : miles this year for smashed up ppl

SethO
10-23-2010, 12:16 AM
wondering how many miles the riders in this section will have on their bikes as of now and by then end of the year? Riding season goes dec to dec.

I got a little over 21.5k for miles this year.

Star Cruiser
10-24-2010, 09:14 PM
wondering how many miles the riders in this section will have on their bikes as of now and by then end of the year? Riding season goes dec to dec.

Same numbers....different order <grin> 12.5k on mine. It was a good summer for me

SethO
10-24-2010, 10:04 PM
Same numbers....different order <grin> 12.5k on mine. It was a good summer for me

that is great, I know your from canada so I was going to ask if that is in KMs or miles?

I really find it strange that more smashed up people have not responded to this.

just trying to get a reference to what people are doing on here and if the site has helped them get more miles on. I KNOW it has helped me out a ton.

Star Cruiser
10-25-2010, 12:54 AM
that is great, I know your from canada so I was going to ask if that is in KMs or miles?

I really find it strange that more smashed up people have not responded to this.

Just trying to get a reference to what people are doing on here and if the site has helped them get more miles on. I KNOW it has helped me out a ton.

Yeah - I converted it. I had 20k km's. Pretty well from May until Oct 1. Not a whole lot of riding since then.
You are right about getting more km's with this forum helping out and all of the Spyder Ryder friends in the south for me to visit.
btw - did you get the DPS done and, if so, did you feel as much of a difference as I did. Awesome improvement for me.
Also the Parking brake handle that I bought from Arthur (Mexico) is one of the bestr investments I have made. THis IS a great Forum!

SethO
10-27-2010, 05:52 PM
Yeah - I converted it. I had 20k km's. Pretty well from May until Oct 1. Not a whole lot of riding since then.
You are right about getting more km's with this forum helping out and all of the Spyder Ryder friends in the south for me to visit.
btw - did you get the DPS done and, if so, did you feel as much of a difference as I did. Awesome improvement for me.
Also the Parking brake handle that I bought from Arthur (Mexico) is one of the bestr investments I have made. THis IS a great Forum!

yeah I got mine done before I went to gatlinberg,TN was a night and day difference, was way more like a rocket, was hella glad I had it on the dragons tail.

the brake thing would not work for me because it would rub on my leg, I don't mind reaching down to put it into place.

sealfloorboards
10-29-2010, 03:06 PM

Hey Seth, that's a lot of miles. This past summed I did about 4,000 mi. Unfortunately I didn't have the time for any real fun rides, just local stuff. At least I got to ride every day, that's the good news. Now that I've got Seal FloorBoards up and running smoothly, I intend to take some FUN rides. Like right now, I'm in Purerto Vallarta, Mx. with my RS. I trailered it down from Oregon, but plan to get some fun sightseeing on it while I'm here. On the good roads it's great, but on cobblestones and potholes, not so smooth. For that two wheels might be better.

Keep riding, you are an inspiration to me. I have been gimped up since 1980
and did"t get up the courage to ride until I was 60 (8 yrs. ago). Faced a lot of resistance from family and friends who said I couldn't do it. It's coming across guys like you over the years who showed me that only I was my greatest limiting factor. Life is short and there are no retakes. Thanks to you and all who came before you the giving me a bit of the courage you all have shown.

John
sealfloorboards.com

SethO
10-31-2010, 11:00 AM
Hey Seth, that's a lot of miles. This past summed I did about 4,000 mi. Unfortunately I didn't have the time for any real fun rides, just local stuff. At least I got to ride every day, that's the good news. Now that I've got Seal FloorBoards up and running smoothly, I intend to take some FUN rides. Like right now, I'm in Purerto Vallarta, Mx. with my RS. I trailered it down from Oregon, but plan to get some fun sightseeing on it while I'm here. On the good roads it's great, but on cobblestones and potholes, not so smooth. For that two wheels might be better.

Keep riding, you are an inspiration to me. I have been gimped up since 1980
and did"t get up the courage to ride until I was 60 (8 yrs. ago). Faced a lot of resistance from family and friends who said I couldn't do it. It's coming across guys like you over the years who showed me that only I was my greatest limiting factor. Life is short and there are no retakes. Thanks to you and all who came before you the giving me a bit of the courage you all have shown.

John
sealfloorboards.com

well thanks, I just try not to half ass things, I know that is funny to say in a wheelchair. Keep riding, that is the best advice I give to ppl I run into that are smashed up. mexico would be a blast, did you have much trouble getting across the border?

Star Cruiser
10-31-2010, 11:29 AM

Oh - How I wish! I see that you ride in the snow though, so I really can't complain. I'll be putting Triquetra to bed in a week or two until April. I will take down the milage January 1 to join in on the Enabled Milage (or Klickage - converted) Klub. Great Idea and YES Seth - You ARE an inspiration.

Bill

TreeHillSpyder
10-31-2010, 05:04 PM
Seth-

1300 miles for me so far this year!

Brian

Jumper35
11-01-2010, 12:30 PM
I logged about 5000km this year. Most of that was recreational riding. I'm hoping to use my Spyder as more of an everyday commuter next year. I had to work out some bugs with my wheelchair and rack but I think I have a good system worked out now.

SethO
11-02-2010, 12:58 AM
I logged about 5000km this year. Most of that was recreational riding. I'm hoping to use my Spyder as more of an everyday commuter next year. I had to work out some bugs with my wheelchair and rack but I think I have a good system worked out now.

run ER everyday and you can get it quick, what kind of chair do you have?

roller
11-03-2010, 03:20 PM
A quite pathetic 1500 miles this year! Bike sat in shop a LOT getting DPS patch. I just got the call today that they have now done the replacement on that and that they have done an alignment. Bike was in and out of dealership 3 times for alignment issue but they didn't believe me that it was way off until they finally took it all apart and then realized it was an alignment issue!!:bdh:
So now it's time to build my seat and get a slightly taller screen to take some of the all day buffeting out of my ride. All about the comfort:ohyea:

SethO
11-18-2010, 05:50 AM
no other smashed up riders on the forum.

rogerb
11-18-2010, 06:13 AM
Setho
You and the Smashed UP Ryders as you call yourselfs should be sending photos of yourselfs and Spyders to promote one of the best features of the Spyder, adapterbility. Also would be an inspiration to others. My hat off to all of you. Your :firstplace: in all our books. :clap::clap:

krb1945
11-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Setho... 21.5K this year... no grass growing under your tires.

I'm hoping to get some more this year but it won't be anything like the miles you're doing. Keep the speed under 150 and ride 'em safely! Ken krb1945

SethO
11-19-2010, 09:02 PM
Setho
You and the Smashed UP Ryders as you call yourselfs should be sending photos of yourselfs and Spyders to promote one of the best features of the Spyder, adapterbility. Also would be an inspiration to others. My hat off to all of you. Your :firstplace: in all our books. :clap::clap:

Most of my pics are up on here or a link to my facebook, who else should I send them to? brp? they I do not think want ppl like me and they way I drive representing them.

Setho... 21.5K this year... no grass growing under your tires.

I'm hoping to get some more this year but it won't be anything like the miles you're doing. Keep the speed under 150 and ride 'em safely! Ken krb1945

run'er 90 saserbill, still trying to eek out some more miles, riding year is dec to dec. Support from you guys makes it all happen.

effgjamis
11-19-2010, 10:22 PM

28.5K on Yellow with total of 38.7k and sofar 2.5k on blue.

SethO
11-20-2010, 12:10 AM
28.5K on Yellow with total of 38.7k and sofar 2.5k on blue.

forest you are the man and the current smashed up points leader.

Yazz
11-20-2010, 09:29 AM
Most of my pics are up on here or a link to my facebook, who else should I send them to? brp? they I do not think want ppl like me and they way I drive representing them.

Could you send some of your pictures in for the Spyder Calendar? Your avatar is a great picture and very inspirational on many levels.

Bet you have some other good ones too.:thumbup:

woodchuck
11-20-2010, 10:37 AM
Could you send some of your pictures in for the Spyder Calendar? Your avatar is a great picture and very inspirational on many levels.

Bet you have some other good ones too.:thumbup:

Bought the:spyder2: in February. Didn't ride until April. Then went for a knee replacement the second time on the same leg:yikes:. Was out of commision for two months. Now it has 4800 miles on it. Too cold to ride now.
Will give her many miles next summer. Have a few trips planned, that is if the LORD lets me.:clap: Maybe I will see you on some of the planed trips.

docdoru
11-20-2010, 11:00 AM
..brp? they I do not think want ppl like me and they way I drive representing them.
My friend: we share the same boat...:ohyea::coffee:..the rest is in the PM.

Yazz
11-20-2010, 12:06 PM
Bought the:spyder2: in February. Didn't ride until April. Then went for a knee replacement the second time on the same leg:yikes:. Was out of commision for two months. Now it has 4800 miles on it. Too cold to ride now.
Will give her many miles next summer. Have a few trips planned, that is if the LORD lets me.:clap: Maybe I will see you on some of the planed trips.

Hope the second knee replacement does the job. You've done some great miles for what you were dealing with.

Will be looking for Mr. Woodchuck in Cuba and Lamont's BBQ.:thumbup:

HenryA
11-24-2010, 08:54 PM
Picked up the bike on July 31st and spent most of August getting the hand brake and floorboards done before getting on for some short rides and leaving
the chair in the garage. Got the chair rack done in Sept. and rode the 100
miles to North Platte to get the DPS changed. Total miles so far is 1400 and
its getting cold here but there may be another 50 degree weekend yet. Great
to be riding again after 5 years.

Slybird
12-08-2010, 01:22 AM
Just got my RT-S on August 25, but have managed to put over 4,000 miles on it in less than four months so far. :D Can't wait for 2011 - gonna get down on some IronButt ryding now that I'm retired! :yes:

SethO
06-09-2011, 02:58 AM
trying to see how the smashed up have been doing on putting miles on, I am at 49,423 for total miles right now, on my third motor. Going to the salt flats again on august 27th, going to get back to drag racing again next week.

roller
06-09-2011, 09:44 AM
trying to see how the smashed up have been doing on putting miles on, I am at 49,423 for total miles right now, on my third motor. Going to the salt flats again on august 27th, going to get back to drag racing again next week.

Setho, tell us why you're on your third motor please?

SteveMac
06-09-2011, 10:32 AM
I've only gotten 3,000 on since April.
I am working on improving that though!~

SethO
06-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Setho, tell us why you're on your third motor please?

cause brp needs to make forged pistons, they melt and the piston rings fly out or into the motor.

I also needed a full rebuild after spyderfest last year with a broken front sproket bolt.

chickenhoose
06-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Setho, I don't, know if an anurisium stroke counts for being smashed up, but I never thought I would ride in the wind untill the spyder came along. I met you at Spyderfest. You are an insperation to me. I am trying to fix me some floorboards so i can get on and off easier. [bad balance]

mooneych
06-17-2011, 08:02 AM
..brp? they I do not think want ppl like me and they way I drive representing them.

Seth, if I were BRP's publicity director, you would be the posterchild of what the Spyder can do. I can see the TV advertisement now...

1. The horizon of the Bonneville Salt flats in the heat of the day...
2. Something is coming...
3. An abandoned wheelchair on its side...
4. A vehicle is approaching at high speed in a cloud of dust...
5. A mouth that slowly turns into a large grin...
6. A Spider flies past in a deafening roar...
7. (Insert BRP logo here)

HotRodLincoln
06-17-2011, 10:17 AM
cause brp needs to make forged pistons, they melt and the piston rings fly out or into the motor.

I also needed a full rebuild after spyderfest last year with a broken front sproket bolt.

brp warranty on these issues?

Big Bird
06-17-2011, 01:49 PM
Hey Seth!! Made it to the BBQ Yesterday... 337.3 miles round trip from my house in SC to Lamont's ... so now, so far almost 6K... 6734 would be 6000 miles for me and the 'Bird.... Mother Nature has made the Big Bird name a true name for the Spyder... Had a bird build a nest in my work area, in the open pocket of the CD/Radio player, laid eggs,5 of 'em, and they hatched. I've tried to not to disturb them... hoping that they survive...
Missed you at the BBQ, but it still was a blast... a survey of his yard yielded a count of 175 spyders, +- the ones that sneak in and sneak out...lol
hope to see you soon, Glenn:shemademe_smilie:nojoke