PDA

View Full Version : Went in for DPS recall

jwhatman
10-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Just got back from the dealer after getting the dps recall done. Took the long way home, had to do some errands anyway, for a test ride. The steering, in my opinion is much more responsive and sharper. Like my VW or the Porsche. It's crisp and clean. Tomorrow hubby and I will be going to Jacksonville NAS for the Blue Angel air show, so we'll give it a workout. It took the tech about 2 hours to finish it and take it for a test ride.

Joyce

Bob Denman
10-22-2010, 02:38 PM
:thumbup: :congrats:

Boriken
10-22-2010, 05:42 PM
Had mine done today, but it was too windy up here (50 MPH gusts) to check it out properly. In the 30 minute ride to Cape May/Lewes ferry terminal in Delaware for the ride home I felt it was more responsive than before. I guess it will take some getting use to.

SpyderWolf
10-23-2010, 07:53 PM
:congrats:

Glad to hear you got the recall taken care of, and hope it works out very well for you.

Diggertoy
10-23-2010, 08:35 PM
Mine just went in too and got that changed, I notice a really big difference as well

stormtrooper
10-23-2010, 09:27 PM
I am still waiting for the phone call :dontknow: My name is on 2 dealers lists.Put my name on the lists weeks ago.:dontknow:

AMTJIM
10-23-2010, 10:52 PM
I had it done today! A very noticeable change, even with power off when I was pushing it around the garage. Before, the response felt like turbo lag and had a late over comp effect. Now it's almost seems precognascent. I was another with no DPS problem (on this second machine).

Bob Denman
10-24-2010, 09:13 AM
The Missus and I had a chance to wring our RT out yesterday... We did a 120 mile loop that included a trip through the Hawk's Nest. (Someday I'll figure out how to get a video of it!) The bike steers MUCH more precisely and there's no more mid-turn course corrections! :D:2excited:

SpyderWolf
10-24-2010, 09:15 AM
I am still waiting for the phone call :dontknow: My name is on 2 dealers lists.Put my name on the lists weeks ago.:dontknow:

We are as well. I guess this is just a way to make sure we are still patient people, as unless something changes I am expecting a 10-12 week wait at a minimum.

AMTJIM
10-24-2010, 09:41 PM
It's weird how a simple change of location affects things. Spyder were hard to find in some areas, but there was surplus around here. I didn't bother checking into the DPS change, the dealer would ask me about it and eventually just called and said they had one sitting there.:dontknow:
We are as well. I guess this is just a way to make sure we are still patient people, as unless something changes I am expecting a 10-12 week wait at a minimum.

SpyderWolf
10-25-2010, 09:02 AM
It's weird how a simple change of location affects things. Spyder were hard to find in some areas, but there was surplus around here. I didn't bother checking into the DPS change, the dealer would ask me about it and eventually just called and said they had one sitting there.:dontknow:

It is strange indeed. The dealer I am currently working with has our VIN numbers and supplied them to BRP, in hopes of getting a couple of extra units for our Spyders since our selling dealer closed up shop. No luck so far with that approach either. I am not really worried about it, as I have not had any steering issues with mine, and will continue to wait until they get the units for us.

To be sure, if we were having steering issues then my patience would probably not be near the level it is right now.

Bob Denman
10-25-2010, 10:34 AM
It sounds as if they're trying to work with you, so that's a GOOD thing! :thumbup:
I had no troubles with my origimal DPS until I got the new one... it made a TON of difference in how the bike handled! :2thumbs:
Hang in there and keep calling them! Good luck!