PDA

View Full Version : Front Fender TIPS Disappointment

1551retired
10-22-2010, 11:06 AM
Just ordered and installed the front fender TIPS from Custom Dynamics. I'm disappointed that for $64.95 they did not include enough wire for the turn signal splice. The single wire with each piece is approximately 35 inch long and isn't long enought to route to the turn signal splice point. :mad:
I had to splice another 18 inch to each wire to make a neat installation on my RT. :gaah:

DragonLorD
10-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Just ordered and installed the front fender TIPS from Custom Dynamics. I'm disappointed that for $64.95 they did not include enough wire for the turn signal splice. The single wire with each piece is approximately 35 inch long and isn't long enought to route to the turn signal splice point. :mad:
I had to splice another 18 inch to each wire to make a neat installation on my RT. :gaah:

best you can do is to let them know and i am sure that they won't let it happen again to some one else. i believe that they didn't do it knowingly.
btw - did you make an instalation video?

pjp623
10-22-2010, 12:09 PM
:gaah: Why didn't you get it from ESI Cycle?
We should be supporting our own.

1551retired
10-22-2010, 12:29 PM
:gaah: Why didn't you get it from ESI Cycle?
We should be supporting our own.

Free shipping and 5% discount are two reasons.

pjp623
10-22-2010, 01:09 PM
Then I guess one could say, "you got what you paid for".
Me, I'll stick with the guy that I know is going to be right there if I get into a problem. Even if it does cost me a bit more.
Sevice after the sale is rare these days.

wyliec
10-22-2010, 01:33 PM
Me, I'll stick with the guy that I know is going to be right there if I get into a problem. Even if it does cost me a bit more.

:agree:

Bob Denman
10-22-2010, 02:37 PM
x2!

Lamonster
10-22-2010, 02:43 PM
I know CD or ESI would have been glad to help you if you called them and they both sell the same product.

It's good to support the vendors here but none of them can help you or even know there is a problem unless you give them a call and let them know.

hevnbound
10-22-2010, 06:52 PM
Living in NC and visiting the Wake Forrest area often, it only makes sense for me to deal with CD. My experience with them has always been A+++.

Let them know your problem and they will rectify it immediately.

I thought CD bought out NMN and were going to assume sales. And, then along came ESI. Obviously I missed something along the way.

Excellent customer feedback on ESI and the fact they have done so much to support this forum makes it a no brainer to support them whenever possible.

tatt2r
10-22-2010, 06:55 PM

I also:agree:

customdynamics
10-22-2010, 08:41 PM
I thought CD bought out NMN and were going to assume sales. And, then along came ESI. Obviously I missed something along the way.

Custom Dynamics did purchase NMN. Custom Dynamics is the manufacture of all of the Street Magic Spyder accessories. NMN became ESI and is a dealer (the largest) of Custom Dynamics Street Magic Spyder products. In addition, Evan at ESI works for CD as a designer for the Spyder and other products.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Dave

SpyderGirl
10-23-2010, 12:35 AM

As this is typically true, I did not buy from either and did the mod myself for the cost of four wire connectors/splices and about 4 1/2' of wire.

I probably would have done the same (gone for the 5% discount and free shipping)... especially considering it's the same product. :doorag:

Sarge707
10-23-2010, 11:50 AM
For the $65 the fender tips mod is the Best Mod by far and CD gives you 2 4 LED bulbs in the package for free.
You can buy $10 mud flap LED,s and $10 Front Fender reflector LED,s and they ALL work as turn signals/ running lights with this Mod!!
It gets my "Best Bang for the Buck Award 2010!~!!"nojoke

Some Guy
10-23-2010, 02:06 PM
For the $65 the fender tips mod is the Best Mod by far and CD gives you 2 4 LED bulbs in the package for free.
You can buy $10 mud flap LED,s and $10 Front Fender reflector LED,s and they ALL work as turn signals/ running lights with this Mod!!
It gets my "Best Bang for the Buck Award 2010!~!!"nojoke
The fender tip kit is great, I have my mudflaps and dayrunner strips connected to it as well...it looks like a Christmas tree when the directionals are on. Of course, it's nowhere near as bright as SpyderWolf's Spyder! :thumbup:

Don't forget about the Triple Play for the rear. It's awesome! I even connected my trailer wiring to it after replacing all the incandescent trailer bulbs with LEDs.

Edit: Hey Sarge, I copied your idea for the fender reflector lights...nice, cheap safety mod.

Firefly
10-23-2010, 03:41 PM
So back to the original posters problem--- all you others that bought the fender tips---- did you have the problem of the wires being too short to properly wire them? Did he just get a bad set or are they not meant to be hooked up as he expected?

dave01
10-23-2010, 04:49 PM
Mine was just the right length.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sarge707
10-23-2010, 05:18 PM
So back to the original posters problem--- all you others that bought the fender tips---- did you have the problem of the wires being too short to properly wire them? Did he just get a bad set or are they not meant to be hooked up as he expected?
If the RT is the same as the GS and you tapped into the turn wire FIRST and dropped the connectors down through there should have been no problem as there was plenty of wire?:dontknow:

SpyderWolf
10-23-2010, 06:35 PM

I had plenty of wire for the RS install as well, but have no idea if the RT is different as I have never really looked that closely at one.

wyliec
10-23-2010, 08:38 PM
I had plenty of wire for the RS install as well, but have no idea if the RT is different as I have never really looked that closely at one.

I'm kind of surprised that custom dynamics chimed in but never mentioned anything about the original post; that is unless they have talked to the purchaser.

SpyderWolf
10-23-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm kind of surprised that custom dynamics chimed in but never mentioned anything about the original post; that is unless they have talked to the purchaser.

I am hoping they made direct contact with the op as well. :dontknow:

customdynamics
10-23-2010, 11:10 PM
[QUOTE][I'm kind of surprised that custom dynamics chimed in but never mentioned anything about the original post; that is unless they have talked to the purchaser. /QUOTE]

We sent a PM as soon as we saw the orginal post to try to make things right but have not heard back. We also checked all remaining stock to see if we have any wires that were short but did not find any.

Thanks Dave

Justin
10-23-2010, 11:20 PM
I'm in Canada and CD's service was great on an issue with the tip not flashing and sent new kit.

SpyderWolf
10-24-2010, 09:17 AM
[I'm kind of surprised that custom dynamics chimed in but never mentioned anything about the original post; that is unless they have talked to the purchaser.

We sent a PM as soon as we saw the orginal post to try to make things right but have not heard back. We also checked all remaining stock to see if we have any wires that were short but did not find any.

Thanks Dave

That is what I figured would happen based on the great reviews I have read about your customer service. Thanks for confirming it. :thumbup:

1551retired
10-25-2010, 05:26 PM
[QUOTE][I'm kind of surprised that custom dynamics chimed in but never mentioned anything about the original post; that is unless they have talked to the purchaser. /QUOTE]

Thanks Dave

As a follow-up, I spoke with Dave at Custom Dynamics this afternoon and apparently the TIPS kit I received may have been mislabeled for the RT. The RS does use a shorter wire for connection to the turn signal. He assured me all kits he has in stock have been checked out so I'm sure if anyone else orders a TIPS they will get the correct wire length.

The TIPS is a great addition along with the LED front mud flap replacement. While talking with Dave I even went ahead and ordered both Brightsides for the RT. :2thumbs:

bone crusher
10-25-2010, 08:02 PM
[quote=customdynamics;258974]

As a follow-up, I spoke with Dave at Custom Dynamics this afternoon and apparently the TIPS kit I received may have been mislabeled for the RT. The RS does use a shorter wire for connection to the turn signal. He assured me all kits he has in stock have been checked out so I'm sure if anyone else orders a TIPS they will get the correct wire length.

The TIPS is a great addition along with the LED front mud flap replacement. While talking with Dave I even went ahead and ordered both Brightsides for the RT. :2thumbs:

Mud flaps are my favorite, by far...