PDA

View Full Version : I got to ride 2011 Tri- Glide

canam9
10-19-2010, 06:01 PM
I just rode a 2011 Tri-Glide and it is cool. Bad a$$ even, and when I let him ride my RT-S and told him the price and that I got a trailer for the same money he paid for his Tri -Glide. He said " I should have gotten the Spyder RT-S with the trailer".
He had not been a biker before and was having trouble with the heel toe clutch. When he drove the SE-5, he was cracked. He said he was in for $33,000.00, I told him I was in for about the same and not only did I have the RT-622 but all of the ESI goodies aswell. He was still going to have to come out of pocket for the goodies to complet his ride.
He told me my ride was super cool and I told him his was the most beautiful colors I had seen and the duel chrome pipes out the back looked sick.
It had good cargo space but the RT has more, forget the trailer.
We had meet by chance at a local ABATE class. I was going to get my advanced rider certificate and he his frist rider class.
After everyone left we traded machines and rode around in the collage parking lot all to ourselfs.
That trike was cool but I'm glad I went with the Spyder RT-S. I now believe with no doubt the Spyder is a safer ride than the H-D. The ABS and the tip over points being what they are, and the look of the RT-S is the only way for me to go. :ani29:

Smylinacha
10-19-2010, 08:34 PM
I miss my heel toe clutch!

I think the HD trikes are real nice looking. The one thing I like is metal versus plastic and no sensors to throw codes. But I really think that being a trike, Spyder is a safer ride. Two wheels in front, less chance of tipping over, easier to steer in corners, better balanced.

I just rode a 2011 Tri-Glide and it is cool. Bad a$$ even, and when I let him ride my RT-S and told him the price and that I got a trailer for the same money he paid for his Tri -Glide. He said " I should have gotten the Spyder RT-S with the trailer".
He had not been a biker before and was having trouble with the heel toe clutch. When he drove the SE-5, he was cracked. He said he was in for $33,000.00, I told him I was in for about the same and not only did I have the RT-622 but all of the ESI goodies aswell. He was still going to have to come out of pocket for the goodies to complet his ride.
He told me my ride was super cool and I told him his was the most beautiful colors I had seen and the duel chrome pipes out the back looked sick.
It had good cargo space but the RT has more, forget the trailer.
We had meet by chance at a local ABATE class. I was going to get my advanced rider certificate and he his frist rider class.
After everyone left we traded machines and rode around in the collage parking lot all to ourselfs.
That trike was cool but I'm glad I went with the Spyder RT-S. I now believe with no doubt the Spyder is a safer ride than the H-D. The ABS and the tip over points being what they are, and the look of the RT-S is the only way for me to go. :ani29:

bruiser
10-19-2010, 09:17 PM
Was on a charity ride last Saturday, there were two tri glides and a Gold Wing trike. One of the guys with the tri glide was very taken with my RT S. He said he was looking for a better three wheel platform, would even trade his H D. Gave him the name of the dealer where I got mine.

Bob Denman
10-20-2010, 07:01 AM
Nah... They've still got a "skinny" front tire... I rode this one about a year ago... They're a nice ride; but not nearly as refined as the Spyder. Hit a bump or a divot in the road and the head starts shaking... The roll-on power is awesome, but that's about the only part of the equation that I really liked better than BRP's design...

murphybrown
10-20-2010, 11:21 AM
I tried the HD Tri-Glide when I made the decision to purchase a trike. The salesman was great (not sure his boss would agree), but when he asked me what I was wanting from a trike...his answer was I'll tell you like I would my grandmother. 'Go look at the Spyder...this tri-glide is not near as stable. ' That sent me to the Spyder and 6000 miles since Memorial Day and I'm still ryding it like I stole it...:ohyea: Oh yea and the price difference between the HD tri and Spyder RT was huge...considered that as the bonus of bonuses!!!

canam9
10-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Did they finally put a proper tire on the HD or are they still running with a motorcycle tire? I've never understood this. :dontknow: They put these big fat tires out back and run this skinny little motorcycle tire up front. :hun:
That was the first thing I wanted to know was that if you were haulin and you cranked over the bars would the front tire turn or go straight?

Well I got to see it first hand that "yes" when haulin the two big rear drive tires will push the front straight barkin and hoppin until you slow and regain control. When I saw the guy do it I asked how that feel?

He said " It will make you pucker!" :yikes::roflblack:. :ani29:

mtdoragary
10-21-2010, 04:56 PM
I miss my heel toe clutch!

I think the HD trikes are real nice looking. The one thing I like is metal versus plastic and no sensors to throw codes. But I really think that being a trike, Spyder is a safer ride. Two wheels in front, less chance of tipping over, easier to steer in corners, better balanced.

I rode Tri-Glides. The wheels in front are a deal maker. The build quality of the HD is far better than the Spyder, but what good is that when you flip it in a turn or an evasive maneuver? Safety is everything and I would not let my wife ride a trike. She LOVES her Spyder and I do too!

mtdoragary
10-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Did they finally put a proper tire on the HD or are they still running with a motorcycle tire? I've never understood this. :dontknow: They put these big fat tires out back and run this skinny little motorcycle tire up front. :hun:
HD doesn't have power steering. The TriGlide is hard enough to steer as it is. It would be nearly impossible to turn at slow speed with a car tire.

mvengineer
10-21-2010, 07:02 PM
The Harley Tri Glide Ultra Classic is a wonderful touring bike without a doubt. The Spyder is such a beautiful and cool looking machine. I love both so much I had to have both of them in my garage. I like to think of them as a black Cadillac and a yellow Corvett. My biggest problem now is which one to ride in a given day. A nice problem to have I must say. Here is a picture of both in our driveway.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9048&stc=1&d=1287705572

Bob Denman
10-22-2010, 06:54 AM
:thumbup: You are a very lucky person! :D

ARtraveler
10-22-2010, 01:15 PM
:agree:

pitbull
10-23-2010, 12:00 PM
IF it has a motor.......... ride it!!!

NancysToy
10-23-2010, 12:11 PM
IF it has a motor.......... ride it!!!
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: :agree:

pitbull
10-23-2010, 12:20 PM
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: :agree:
lol 2 good minds think alike !

JamieM
10-31-2010, 07:02 PM
I also have both bikes. I bought a Tri Glide then a Syder RT
The Tri Glide is on a trickle charger cause I can't get myself to ride it when my RT is available.
The RT is so much easier and more fun to ride!!