PDA

View Full Version : Question about Saddle Bags

Lone Spyder Ryder
10-19-2010, 01:22 AM
I have been looking at saddle bags and was wondering if anyone can tell me what the difference between the GIVI v35na Side cases and the R-35 Rigid BRP side cases.
Both look about the same but wondering about storage size differences.
Thanks
leoejr

johnboyjohn.pretious
10-19-2010, 03:44 AM
Have the Givi myself, seen the BRP's.
Seems to me the only difference is the badges, think you may call them decals !!!

:yes:

Magic Man
10-19-2010, 07:09 AM
GIVI makes the bags for BRP and inasmuch they are the same size and shape as the GIVI bags.

MM

NancysToy
10-19-2010, 07:47 AM
The bags are the same (also the Industries 7 bags). All are Givi bags. The mounting racks are the difference. The Givi and I7 bags mount permanently, and relocate the turn signals differently. The BRP bags have removable racks, so they can be stripped down to retain that sporty look. They relocate the turn signals to the extended bag mounts. BRP also has correctly matched color panels available. From a few feet away, they all look about the same...and they all work the same. The only real difference is the turn signal location.

Bob Denman
10-19-2010, 09:29 AM
...realizing that where you shop is important... Is there any significant different in the pricing?

ISCI Billy
10-19-2010, 09:40 AM
ISCI is a GIVI dealer. We do have some bags in stock. I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Firefly
10-19-2010, 09:50 AM
The bags are the same (also the Industries 7 bags). All are Givi bags. The mounting racks are the difference. The Givi and I7 bags mount permanently, and relocate the turn signals differently. The BRP bags have removable racks, so they can be stripped down to retain that sporty look. They relocate the turn signals to the extended bag mounts. BRP also has correctly matched color panels available. From a few feet away, they all look about the same...and they all work the same. The only real difference is the turn signal location.

:agree: --- and I think the BRP rack system is far superior to the GIVI or I7 rack system. Go with the BRP version!

Lone Spyder Ryder
10-20-2010, 12:09 PM
thank you all for the information. I went ahead and ordered the R35 kit. :2thumbs:

bone crusher
10-21-2010, 07:54 PM
:agree: --- and I think the BRP rack system is far superior to the GIVI or I7 rack system. Go with the BRP version!

I agree...after having to take mine apart I can attest to the fact that they are easy to work with and the ability to take the brackets off is quite nice. I tend to ride with the bags on, but taking them off is a snap. You can get the prices down if you look on ebay or other places.