PDA

View Full Version : There are days, and then there are DAYS!!!

ronv
10-17-2010, 09:33 PM
Had new front tires (OEM's), 9K service and new DPS installed yesterday. (Thanks Desert Dog)

So today, of course, had to make sure everything was working correctly ;)

Went over to Nogales AZ on AZ 90 and AZ 82. A bit over 200 mi round trip. No really tight twisty turns, but a fair number of high speed sweepers that were nice.

Absolutely superb day, a few puffy clouds, temps about 80, and every biker and their brother out and about. Great scenery. I'm glad I was wearing a full face helmet otherwise I'd still be picking bugs out of my teeth cause I was grinning so much.:D

Great ride, although I did find one small problem with the new DPS. The silly thing kept causing me to go over the speed limit - a lot! I'm sure it must have been the DPS since I know I would never break a speed limit!

Did have a couple of strange things happen though.

Going through Patagonia, had a small deer calmly walk from between two houses, cross the street in front of me and then into some brush. Glad I was only going about 30 mph.

Then had someone brake check me doing about 55. Never had that happen on a bike before. The thing is, I was probably 10 car lengths behind when they jammed the brakes on, then sped up and away. Wasn't anything in the road, or along side that I could see.

A bit later, everything in my left eye went really fuzzy and out of focus! The left lens fell out of my sunglasses and then dropped out of the helmet. I can tell you that it got my attention! Was able to pull off and put on a pair of glasses with two lenses and continue the ride.

When I got home, Peggy (my wife) wanted t know why I had a gash under my chin!

There are says, and then there are DAYS...Glad to be around to enjoy them!

Ron

NancysToy
10-17-2010, 09:42 PM
A bit later, everything in my left eye went really fuzzy and out of focus! The left lens fell out of my sunglasses and then dropped out of the helmet. I can tell you that it got my attention! Was able to pull off and put on a pair of glasses with two lenses and continue the ride.
Been there. It certainly does get your attention...especially if they are your prescription shades, and that side suddenly gets brighter, too. Funniest thing is that I found my lens down in the fairing of my BMW a couple of years later. Of course I had already bought a new lens by then. :D

canam9
10-18-2010, 02:42 PM
:2thumbs: :ani29: