PDA

View Full Version : New 2009 Yellow Spyder

Lone Spyder Ryder
10-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Hi everyone,

After 19 months and 25,500 miles on my 2008 Spyder there is only one thing I know of for sure. Riding a Spyder is very very addictive. I will not go into detail but after settling with my insurance and, & some good will from BRP (meaning any future dealing's with BRP in the the 2009! I have always been up fornt with what is going on and will continue to do so). I will be picking up a new 2009 yellow Spyder this coming week sometime.
I have been going back and forth about replacing PE2683 since its loss. The first of last week my insurance paid out $14749.49 (strange number) for the loss. Wednesday my wife told me to start looking for another Spyder because she was tired of putting up with me under foot. I didn’t realize just how much of my social life had become dependent on my Spyder. Being a grouchy old fart (as you all are aware of) makes for a limited social life.
I am one of the people who had as much fun taking about it, as I did riding it. I am fortunate to live in Citrus Heights, Ca (some would say un-fortunate) where you can pretty much ride year round. Of the 25,500 miles I road 10,317 were long distance riding. Approximately 2,650 of those miles were 2 IBA rides (SaddleSore 1000 miles under 24 hour & BunBurner Gold 1500 miles under 24 hours). The other 10,250 were with friends in and around the foothills of the Western Sierra Mountains close to here.
I used it almost daily for honey do’s and any other reason I could find to ride it.
So to make a long story short I am back. I will try to be more patient in reacting to any hiccups I may have with the new Spyder. I have decided I won’t have any problems with it. My first trip will be up to Shasta City to check out the Russell Day Long Seat.
You all take care and ride safe. Hope I connect with you all one day.
Leo
:shemademe_smilie:

SpyderGirl
10-17-2010, 09:25 PM
YAY!!!! :congrats: on your new baby. :thumbup:

ronv
10-17-2010, 09:50 PM
From one "grouchy old fart" to another......Welcome back!

(Actually I prefer 'crotchety old man')

Ron

Firefly
10-17-2010, 10:22 PM
:congrats:

stormtrooper
10-18-2010, 05:50 AM
:congrats: :2thumbs: :clap::yes: Have fun with your new toy.

groundeffect
10-18-2010, 05:58 AM
:thumbup: Glad this has worked out in a positive way and that you'll be ryding another Spyder!
:congrats: and cheers from Newfoundland!

LDFIREWORKS
10-18-2010, 06:53 AM
heres to another 25,000 :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs::clap::clap::clap:

Boriken
10-18-2010, 06:57 AM
:congrats: on your new ryde and welcome back.

Some Guy
10-18-2010, 08:13 AM
:congrats: You get to start the whole "modding" thing all over! That should be fun! :2thumbs:

Marker
10-18-2010, 09:00 AM
:2thumbs::clap::congrats::yes: I am glad things worked out for you

boborgera
10-18-2010, 10:05 AM
and some good will from BRP
:shemademe_smilie:
:hun: I'Ve seen that mention on a few posts. does that mean you can't say what the good will is ?
So If some other Spyder gos up in flames and the owner is unaware of that!
BRP saves a buck?

hawkiii
10-18-2010, 10:11 AM
Good to hear you are back on the road. Enjoy!

canam9
10-18-2010, 02:49 PM
:congrats: :ani29:

Smylinacha
10-19-2010, 08:43 PM
:congrats: Glad it all worked out for you!

Lone Spyder Ryder
10-20-2010, 12:45 AM
Thanks for all the encouragement and comments. I brought it home this afternoon. Forgot how good it was. Could be my imagination and I really can’t explain it but it sure seem “solid” for lack of a better word.
I am going to go up to Shasta City and check out the Russell Day Long seat next week with Don. He will be riding his Saber 1100. He is still debating on getting another Spyder or not.
I am sure glad I got another one. I love this machine and the people I have got to know riding it. Hope to put a lot names to faces. I know I will be getting HID head light and some kind of second lights for it. I like the ones that attaches to the finder struts but not sure which way to go. :2thumbs:
You all ride safe.
leoejr

draboo
10-20-2010, 12:51 AM
Thanks for all the encouragement and comments. I brought it home this afternoon. Forgot how good it was. Could be my imagination and I really can’t explain it but it sure seem “solid” for lack of a better word.
I am going to go up to Shasta City and check out the Russell Day Long seat next week with Don. He will be riding his Saber 1100. He is still debating on getting another Spyder or not.
I am sure glad I got another one. I love this machine and the people I have got to know riding it. Hope to put a lot names to faces. I know I will be getting HID head light and some kind of second lights for it. I like the ones that attaches to the finder struts but not sure which way to go. :2thumbs:
You all ride safe.
leoejr

I m happy to hear you decided on another Spyder. We,too, just brought a '10 RT-SE home last Saturday. :)

We must get together sometime when you get close to the Seattle area,Leo!

Brad 'n' Pat

PCBeachBum
10-20-2010, 02:39 AM
You all ride safe.
leoejr

:congrats: on your new Spyder and have a great time making it yours. I just picked up a new Corbin and large oval backrest, I found in the 4 sale forms. Was used once and looking forward to getting off this stock seat and into the Corbin. :thumbup:
Ryde Safe,
PCBB

Questions
10-20-2010, 10:30 AM
Good to hear you are back on the road. Enjoy!
I'm new to SpyderLovers site. Don't have a Spyder, but am interested in learning about them. Currently ride an '86 Concours and at 72 years old may need to consider another type "ride".
Valve adjustments, what interval? Hydraulic, or adjustable? Oil changes, how much body work is removed? Do you do any service work on your Spyder?
Not to hijack the thread, but I thought asking a rider/owner was more effective than a salesperson.

Ride safe,
Bob Young
State of Jefferson

Bob Denman
10-20-2010, 10:46 AM
:clap: Glad that you're back! :thumbup:

Capt John
10-20-2010, 11:06 AM

ARtraveler
10-20-2010, 11:11 AM
:congrats: welcome back to the site. Hope you enjoy your new :spyder2:

Lone Spyder Ryder
10-20-2010, 12:14 PM
Hi Brad and Pat.
Since I have 3 grandkids in Seattle, I will be up again soon. when I do I will let you know a week ahead and if we can get together I would love to ride with you.
leoejr
:2thumbs:

fastfraser
10-20-2010, 01:19 PM
:2thumbs::congrats: and welcome back :spyder2: on.

NancysToy
10-20-2010, 04:38 PM
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

SpyderWolf
10-23-2010, 09:38 PM

Glad to hear things worked out for you to get a new Spyder. You were also lucky to get another yellow one, as they are going to start becoming scarce pretty soon. Have fun setting it up the way you want it, and I wish you the best of luck with this one. :thumbup: