PDA

View Full Version : update: tiltingmotorworks.com

draboo
10-16-2010, 10:22 PM
Bob mentioned on the phone that the kits may go on sale next spring for big HD and GW.

Looks much better with the front cowl installed!

http://tiltingmotorworks.com/pages/products.html.

(informational post only. I am not attempting to promote this website)

Dudley
10-16-2010, 10:36 PM
Nope!

Rider Steve
10-16-2010, 11:13 PM
Double nope.

Firefly
10-16-2010, 11:20 PM
:barf:

WackyDan
10-17-2010, 12:47 AM
Of all the leaning concept reverse trikes, I have to say that his setup seems to work the most fluid of all.

That said... You have to really be in love with that Harley or other cruiser to pay an additional $8 to $10k to convert it. Might as well buy a spyder!

I still think he has the best setup.

fastfraser
10-17-2010, 06:33 AM
:2thumbs: Its new ! Give it a chance, I think it has lots of promise .

manoman14
10-17-2010, 07:03 AM
I think that it is cool, different, and unique. After all, that is why I bought a Spyder. :thumbup:

MarkLawson
10-17-2010, 07:14 AM
Looks interesting to me. Would love to see the Goldwing kit someday.

stormtrooper
10-17-2010, 08:16 AM
:yikes: No way. Had harleys and would never ever do that to mine.I would pull in a HD dealer with that and they would :roflblack: then lock all the doors on me.:gaah:

COOLMACHINE
10-17-2010, 10:39 AM
I'm all for ideas and options. Bring it on!!! This particular one doesn't do a lot for me but I would sure like to see other motorcycle manufactures come up with something like the Spyder. We live in a great age for ideas coming to life and I'm keeping my eyes open.

Smylinacha
10-17-2010, 04:53 PM
Interesting but considering the price of a Harley, I wouldn't spend the extra to put that on, unless I owned a Harley outright and couldn't part with it. Wish they'd come out with the one that the design was online but then again, I imagine they'll run around $40K or so.

Bob mentioned on the phone that the kits may go on sale next spring for big HD and GW.

Looks much better with the front cowl installed!

http://tiltingmotorworks.com/pages/products.html.

(informational post only. I am not attempting to promote this website)

canam9
10-18-2010, 02:39 PM
:ani29:I'm in.

pjp623
10-18-2010, 03:03 PM
:( Nope, just doesn't have the class and styling of a Spyder.

Bob Denman
10-18-2010, 04:41 PM
Question... Do you need a sidestand on BOTH sides of that sucker??:roflblack::agree:

ataDude
10-18-2010, 07:36 PM
Question... Do you need a sidestand on BOTH sides of that sucker??:roflblack::agree:
:shemademe_smilie: Boy, do I have a deal for you!

Click: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12326

draboo
10-18-2010, 09:10 PM

Funny you should ask..:shocked:

He has made some sort of lock so you can lock it in the vertical position when slowing down and stopping. Right now it's manual, but a speed controlled lock is in the works.:2thumbs:

RoadHammer
10-18-2010, 10:30 PM
Interesting but considering the price of a Harley, I wouldn't spend the extra to put that on, unless I owned a Harley outright and couldn't part with it. Wish they'd come out with the one that the design was online but then again, I imagine they'll run around $40K or so.

Vertika is the way to go, i rode with the owner for a few days when he was down my end and the spyder has nothing on the Vertika when it comes to stability, reliability,storage space and ZERO sensors to leave you stranded like the Spyder does. We went to an end of season car/bike show and when me and him showed up, people jumped up and pointed fingers at the Vertika,were making there way through the crowd eager to be the first to look and sit on it. 2 spyders and an RT showed up they attracted ZERO attention with the Vertika around. Wherever we showed up the Spyder had ZERO attention.

retread
10-18-2010, 11:34 PM
Okay, Vertika is a site sponsor, they make body kits for Spyders, so the stability should be the same, right?

john

wyliec
10-19-2010, 09:12 AM
Vertika is the way to go, i rode with the owner for a few days when he was down my end and the spyder has nothing on the Vertika when it comes to stability, reliability,storage space and ZERO sensors to leave you stranded like the Spyder does. We went to an end of season car/bike show and when me and him showed up, people jumped up and pointed fingers at the Vertika,were making there way through the crowd eager to be the first to look and sit on it. 2 spyders and an RT showed up they attracted ZERO attention with the Vertika around. Wherever we showed up the Spyder had ZERO attention.

I paid $14,500 for my spyder new. Looking on Vertika's web page http://vertikatrykes-usa.com/roadster%20pricing/roadster%20pricing%20sheet.htm at the roadster kit, it costs more for their kit plus you have to have a bike to install on. You say want you want, I like my spyder just fine. I'm not as impressed with the Vertika looks as you are. JMO; to each his own.

Bob Denman
10-19-2010, 09:23 AM
:agree: I prefer my RT... (IMHO)

DragonLorD
10-19-2010, 09:43 AM
I paid $14,500 for my spyder new. Looking on Vertika's web page http://vertikatrykes-usa.com/roadster%20pricing/roadster%20pricing%20sheet.htm at the roadster kit, it costs more for their kit plus you have to have a bike to install on. You say want you want, I like my spyder just fine. I'm not as impressed with the Vertika looks as you are. JMO; to each his own.

:agree:i am not impressed with that design at all, actualy is kinda ugly
love my :spyder2:

Firefly
10-19-2010, 09:53 AM
Okay, Vertika is a site sponsor, they make body kits for Spyders, so the stability should be the same, right?

john

He's referring to the other trike (non-spyder) kits that Vertika makes.....

To me it's still all :barf:!

Spyder beats them all in looks and performance.

ARtraveler
10-19-2010, 11:02 AM
Interesting--but Im going to wait to see if any other brands come out with an actual reverse trike like Spyder. IMHO Im not to excited about big ticket aftermarket add ons.

Rando
10-19-2010, 01:16 PM
The "other" fourm has a survey banner for a chance to win $250. My wife and I both entered it and they called last night to ask more questions for the "survey". Come to find out it's a firm that was hired by Honda to find out what we like and don't like about our Spyder's. I see a Honda reverse trike coming out in the near future!

3whlLefty
10-19-2010, 05:47 PM
This has the same design features as the Piaggio MP3 which is totally slick in my eyes. I didn't buy that one because of the step thru scooter design. Imagine carving a curve and not having you butt trying to fly off the seat. That appeals to me. I'll be watching tiltingmotorworks.com to see how is goes.

I'm already picturing it on a ST1300 or a Concours. The best of all worlds!! :popcorn:
But it won't have reverse unless I get a Goldwing. Hmmm!

ARtraveler
10-19-2010, 07:54 PM
Im thinking that a goldwing version of the Spyder would be pretty interesting. Im still a happy RTS owner--but that one would be worth a look. I did look at the Harley Trike--but that lost out to the Spyder.

Smylinacha
10-19-2010, 08:28 PM
I actually like zero attention. Whenever I'd park the Spyder I'd go far away from it so I could sit with my friends uninterupted. It did die down though. In the beginning it was attention getting, now nobody says anything. Roaddog's trike and HDX's new Glide gets all the attention now!

Haven't seen a vertika up close in person yet - none around here that I know of.