PDA

View Full Version : Lamont's IPS Key Holder

MouthPiece
10-16-2010, 11:14 AM
I met with Lamont at Biketoberfest in Daytona yesterday and bought one of his IPS Key Holders. Man that thing sure is (and I'm telling on my age) snazzy looking. It really goes well with my black RT-S. I think it was well worth the $60.00 spent.

Chris PE# 0004

canam9
10-16-2010, 11:17 AM
:clap: :ani29:

wyliec
10-16-2010, 11:35 AM
I met with Lamont at Biketoberfest in Daytona yesterday and bought one of his IPS Key Holders. Man that thing sure is (and I'm telling on my age) snazzy looking. It really goes well with my black RT-S. I think it was well worth the $60.00 spent.

Chris PE# 0004

It's really worth it when he puts it together for you.

LDFIREWORKS
10-16-2010, 11:56 AM
2 OF THEM THEY LOOK GREAT [ ONE FOR MY SONS BIKE ]
NICE JOB LAMOUNT..........:ohyea::bowdown: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

SpyderSteve
10-16-2010, 02:43 PM
:agree: Really looks nice :thumbup:

BLACK WIDOW
10-16-2010, 06:15 PM
:agree: Really looks nice :thumbup:

I really think they look cool also-:ohyea:-but mine jiggles/vibrates going down the road. It doesn't appear to be working itself out, but just wondering what it is doing to the key slot.:dontknow:

wyliec
10-16-2010, 07:08 PM
I really think they look cool also-:ohyea:-but mine jiggles/vibrates going down the road. It doesn't appear to be working itself out, but just wondering what it is doing to the key slot.:dontknow:

Is it the key moving in the ignition switch or in the IPS? If the key is moving in the IPS, try loosening the two screws and repositioning the head of the key. I know when Lamont did mine, he made sure there was no movement of the key in the IPS. Just a thought.

BLACK WIDOW
10-16-2010, 07:14 PM
Is it the key moving in the ignition switch or in the IPS? If the key is moving in the IPS, try loosening the two screws and repositioning the head of the key. I know when Lamont did mine, he made sure there was no movement of the key in the IPS. Just a thought.

The key in the IPS is very tight. The movement is in the ignition switch, guess the added mass of the IPS is the reason for the movement.:dontknow:

vwatso
10-16-2010, 10:38 PM
Bought 2. One for the rt and 1 for the rts. The look awesome out of the box. Should install this week.

Vwatso

Lamonster
10-17-2010, 06:05 AM
The key in the IPS is very tight. The movement is in the ignition switch, guess the added mass of the IPS is the reason for the movement.:dontknow:
This unit it about half the weight of the one I had on my RS for over 40K miles and that one had way more play than this one and I had no issues. I have very little movement on my RT or RS. You may have a vibration or something that is showing up in the key. If you're concerned you could put a small piece of foam under the the cover, that's what I had on the prototype one I had.

Lamonster
10-17-2010, 06:06 AM
Glad you guys like it and it was good to see you all again. :doorag:

BLACK WIDOW
10-17-2010, 07:53 AM
This unit it about half the weight of the one I had on my RS for over 40K miles and that one had way more play than this one and I had no issues. I have very little movement on my RT or RS. You may have a vibration or something that is showing up in the key. If you're concerned you could put a small piece of foam under the the cover, that's what I had on the prototype one I had.

Thanks Lamont----Don't think there is any excessive vibration from the Spyder--But the foam sounds like a good idea to me. Where would you put the foam to not interfere with the operation of the trunk latch?
BTW I really like the looks and operation of the IPS--is a very high quality piece.:doorag:

BLACK WIDOW
10-17-2010, 08:54 AM
Thanks Lamont----Don't think there is any excessive vibration from the Spyder--But the foam sounds like a good idea good to me. Where would you put the foam to not interfere with the operation of the trunk latch?
BTW I really like the looks and operation of the IPS--is a very high quality piece.:doorag:

I tried the foam rubber trick and it works fine---Virtually removes all the IPS movement in the key slot. I just put two small pieces of foam rubber on the plate that holds the key in and it works fine.:f_spider:

Campverdefela
10-17-2010, 09:52 AM
I tried the foam rubber trick and it works fine---Virtually removes all the IPS movement in the key slot. I just put two small pieces of foam rubber on the plate that holds the key in and it works fine.:f_spider:
:2thumbs: I too have a little movement with mine so thanks for the advise. BTW I love my IPS.

flamingobabe
10-17-2010, 10:00 AM
I love my IPS....it looks great and nobody knows what it really is!!!!!Thanks Lamont