PDA

View Full Version : Broke down!

draboo
10-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Actually, we did break down, but in a different way.:clap::2excited:

We broke down and purchased a new RT. Sometime next week we will pick it up.

We went from a potential 2 spyder family to a single unit. After taking it for a ride with both of us on it, we decided we only need one. I was Very Impressed with the smoothness and lack of vibration compared to No. 200.

So, the possibility exists of the three of us(Kiddo,too, of course) making it to Cuba in April, depending on the condition of the mountain passes here in WA.;)

Of course, we are just slightly excited!

:2thumbs::2excited::yes::2excited::yes::2excited:: yes::2excited::2thumbs::2excited:

groundeffect
10-14-2010, 08:35 PM
:congrats::congrats:

Very cool stuff! :thumbup:

NancysToy
10-14-2010, 08:39 PM
:congrats: Now you have to figure where to mount Kiddo's home. The RT is ideal for 2-up touring!

bruiser
10-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Gotta say we love our RT. Momma says she even nods off when riding 2 up.

draboo
10-14-2010, 09:37 PM
:congrats: Now you have to figure where to mount Kiddo's home. The RT is ideal for THREE-up touring!

That will be a challenge. We just recieved today a new "Kiddohouse" that is just a bit larger than the last one. I am going to do some research in mounting it hopefully on top of the trunk behind the passenger. Some sort of platform will be needed. I m sure I ll figure something out.

The new RT is an auto clutch model, which takes some getting used to. We both really enjoyed the ride we took on it and are looking forward to many enjoyable miles.

8LEGS
10-14-2010, 09:59 PM
:2thumbs::congrats:

- Tim -
10-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Congratulations on your new RT Draboo!

I have to say that your's is the best kind of breakdown I have heard about in a long time.

Just a wild guess, but would those green houses in the background of your photo happen be on the other side of the freeway at Anderson road?! Yeah, I know where that is... I hope Lifestyles is treating you well.

Tim

ARtraveler
10-15-2010, 10:40 AM
:congrats: on your new ride. You are going to like the RT.

Dudley
10-15-2010, 11:13 AM
Sometimes it does feel good to "break down"! I did it Wednesday with our Bare Bones Silver Bullet. Fixing to go riding in few minutes...gota get some "s-miles" on it!

draboo
10-15-2010, 11:56 AM
Congratulations on your new RT Draboo!

I have to say that your's is the best kind of breakdown I have heard about in a long time.

Just a wild guess, but would those green houses in the background of your photo happen be on the other side of the freeway at Anderson road?! Yeah, I know where that is... I hope Lifestyles is treating you well.

Tim

Very observant!

draboo
10-15-2010, 12:09 PM
We are awaiting the closing papers being overnighted to WA from MI on the sale of our home. Then we have to overnight 'em back and wait for the closing to happen on Monday. Then the check will be mailed to us.

We are seriously considering picking it up tomorrow instead of waiting till next week.

Congratulations to Dudley! Great news! Now we will have to get together again before our Xcountry move next August!

NancysToy
10-15-2010, 02:11 PM
.....Now we will have to get together again before our Xcountry move next August!
Now where are you headed? :dontknow:

Marker
10-15-2010, 04:05 PM
congratulations :2thumbs: :thumbup:

Boriken
10-15-2010, 05:47 PM
:congrats: on your new ryde, if a get my nerve up (Not fond of Interstates yet) I'll see in Cuba.

wa3wheels
10-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Congrates !!

Hope to see you both on it. :congrats:

LDFIREWORKS
10-15-2010, 06:15 PM
:ohyea: :congrats: welcome :clap:

draboo
10-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Now where are you headed? :dontknow:

Well..we've been in WA for 3 years (actually I ve been here for three and Ruby for 1) and now that we are officially ReTired and don't have the home back in MI hanging over our heads, we decided to possibly head to either Colo Springs or Memphis.

We enjoyed the Memphis area while there but it's was freakin' HOT! That's why Colorado has come up,too. Of course, when we were THERE last summer, a few days before Memphis, it was just as HOT there as it was in TN.

One thing nice about the Seattle area is the quality of its Spyder dealerships. I've personally been to 3 different ones and each one gave us quality service.

murphybrown
10-16-2010, 01:04 AM
Actually, we did break down, but in a different way.:clap::2excited:

We broke down and purchased a new RT. Sometime next week we will pick it up.

We went from a potential 2 spyder family to a single unit. After taking it for a ride with both of us on it, we decided we only need one. I was Very Impressed with the smoothness and lack of vibration compared to No. 200.

So, the possibility exists of the three of us(Kiddo,too, of course) making it to Cuba in April, depending on the condition of the mountain passes here in WA.;)

Of course, we are just slightly excited!

:2thumbs::2excited::yes::2excited::yes::2excited:: yes::2excited::2thumbs::2excited:

Congrats on the new RT...don't recognize any WA location in your pic but then I live on the right side of the Cascades :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

draboo
10-16-2010, 06:55 PM
We rode the Honda the 35 miles to the dealer. I had Kiddo in a bag hanging in front of me and Ruby had the extra spyder seat between us. It was an interesting ride there,but a more interesting ride home.

The RT is awesome! I am impressed with the smoothness and comfort of this manchine in comparison with our no. 200. The cruise switch seems a bit buggy, but I m sure I ll figger it oot eventually.

So, its ride time tomorrow, no matter what the temp. :thumbup:

wvsquirrel
10-16-2010, 08:15 PM
:congrats: Enjoy your new ride...