PDA

View Full Version : Awesome ryde in Missouri this weekend!

Major Finder
10-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Saturday, my wife and I rode our Spyder from Leavenworth, Kansas, up to St Joe and on to Jamesport, MO. There is a large Amish community in Jamesport with lots of horses and buggies on the roads. We toured the shops in Jamesport and parked next to lots of the horses and buggies hitched up to the railing. We took a terrific photo of the Spyder next to the horses and buggies but it's on a cell phone and I can't figure out how to download it to the computer. I had an interesting time ryding around all of the horse poop on the roads with our three wheels! Then we rode to Chillicothe, home of sliced bread. Then we rode to and stopped in Hamilton, home of J.C. Penny, and had a great BBQ meal at Smokin Moe's Voodoo BBQ in Hamilton. Continued on back through St. Joe and south to Weston and back to Leavenworth. The weather was perfect for ryding and looking at the beautiful countryside. We saw a lot of motorcycles out enjoying the great weather and of course everywhere we stopped, folks were interested in the Spyder and came up to ask questions about it. We rode about 250 miles.
Sunday, we rode to Blue Springs, MO, after church and up to historic Liberty to tour around for another 100+ miles in beautiful Missouri.

Awesome country and perfect weather made an ideal weekend for ryding!

Major Finder

SpyderAnn01
10-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Glad you guys had a great ride. I had no idea that sliced bread came from MO. You learn something new every day!