PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye old friend

FANG
10-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Know this is pobably not where I should post this but my 4.5 yrs old Great Dane passed away last night unexpectedly. He was a great companion and friend. Never got a chance to figure out how to take him for a ryde on the spyder.

1VENOM
10-10-2010, 03:06 PM
I'm sorry of your loss.:pray:

SpyderRyder2B
10-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend and companion ... he was beautiful.

wyliec
10-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Sorry to hear that.

bruiser
10-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Our regrets for your loss.

JimAlpha
10-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Sorry for your loss

vtspyder
10-10-2010, 03:37 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my 1.5 year old Airedale Tucker in June in a horrible accident. I cried for 2 months as he was my BEST friend and companion. I spent every waking moment with him when he was with us and still miss him so. We now have another Airedale named Jazz and he is just as amazing. Nothing will ever replace Tucker but I am so glad we have Jazz. I feel your pain and you are not alone!

SpyderAnn01
10-10-2010, 04:40 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. I lost one of my two golden retrievers in March and I still miss her every day. I'm trying to figure out how to modify my Spyder trailer so I can bring Sammy with us.

BikerDoc
10-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Sorry for your loss. My pups are my best friends and they want to ride with me too, but I am afraid to try, but in my heart they are always with me, Spyder riding or anywhere else

DynamoBT
10-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Very sorry for your loss.

dancogan
10-10-2010, 05:13 PM
So sorry about your loss. It's difficult because they become such a joyous and important part of our family. Hopefully you can take comfort in the knowledge that you gave him a great home for the short time he was with you.

mdr
10-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Really sorry you lost your beautiful dog. Great Danes are so majestic. Our German Shepherd died last summer and I still miss him.

GeminiJane
10-10-2010, 05:30 PM
So sorry for your loss. I had a black Great Dane at one time, also. She was the joy of my life and my best friend and she, too, died unexpectedly and quite suddenly. I still miss her and know the pain you are feeling. I've had several dogs since and have loved them all but Cricket was 135 lbs. of pure love was the "special" one that I still remember and miss the most.

New Sharon Spyder
10-10-2010, 05:45 PM
I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I know first hand how it is to lose a companion like this. We have 2 black labs and my kids all have labs of multiple colors also. We have 5 labs (3 black,1 chocolate and 1 yellow) when we all get together for family gatherings. You love them like any family member. I have had to lay away several of our family dogs and I say every time that is the last, but we just can't be with out the families best friend.

dave01
10-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Sorry to hear this. I went thru the same thing a few weeks ago. Dogs are kids with fur.

Smylinacha
10-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Very sorry to hear that. My condolences to you.

Red Recluse
10-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful dog.

COOLMACHINE
10-10-2010, 07:21 PM
So sorry for your lose. :(

bruceofthebronx
10-10-2010, 07:26 PM
Good friends are very hard to find but when you do and they pass on, what memories they leave behind. Be stong, just don't keep it in.

Be well,
Bruce

Gimpy Girl
10-10-2010, 07:28 PM
It's hard to loose a good friend~ so sorry for you loss. :(

Dochands
10-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Truly sorry to hear this and you should share with your community of friends.

SpyderGirl
10-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Very sorry to hear about the loss of your buddy. :(

Tom in NM
10-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Bill, sorry to hear about your loss.

Hold on to the memories of the good times you had with him - and I am sure there were many - and he will always be with you.

Tom

Some Guy
10-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Yeah...losing four-legged-furry-kids really sucks! I don't even want to think about my Ruby leaving me (5 year old CRAZY! Golden Retriever).

I have lost several beloved canine-friends over the years and I always think of this when I feel bad:

"If you want to know who loves you more, your wife or your dog, try locking them both in the trunk of your car for an hour. When you open the trunk, see who's more happy to see you!".

boborgera
10-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Very sorry for your lost, I wish could say more to ease your pain.
As a dog owner all my life, It's hard to see your Buddy's past.
It's amaseing in the short time they are with us how much Love and Joy they give.

CyncySpyder
10-10-2010, 10:53 PM
Some ppl see pets as just that, an animal that humans have domesticated to provide a service in one way or another to us.

But then, there are others that truly understand the far reaching implications that our pets provide, unconditional love and true friendship.

Losing your pet is a major life event, and I'm truly sorry for your loss.

As i write this, Teddy's new kitten, SkydMarq (Skydie) is sleeping on my shoulder.

Many fellow SpyderLovers got to meet Teddy this weekend on the Hocking Hills SpyderRyde. He is truly my best friend, and whenever I feel down or sad, just one look at him puts a smile back on my face. I guess I may be a lil over the top, seeing as I got my dog his own pet to keep him company. Its starting to get colder out, and I wont be able to take Teddy out on the Spyder with me as much as I do now, and hate leaving him home alone.

Theres allot of love for our pets, and likewise, much loss when one is gone. Remember all the good times & be grateful to have had him in your lyfe, cause you know as well as I that he made your lyfe a little bit better. My sympathy & prayers are with you & know that you are not alone.

WackyDan
10-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Danes are one great dog in my opinion and I'm sorry that you lost yours so suddenly.

Every shepherd I've had has been a family member and our cats much the same as I'm sure your Dane was to you and yours.

So sorry. :(

VaughnCat
10-10-2010, 11:46 PM
So sorry about the loss of your loyal companion. Man, my heart really goes out to you and your family. I don't even want to think about what will happen when something happens to our little buddy. They sure have a way of getting right into your heart and touching a spot that nothing else can.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Cat :doorag:

Firefly
10-11-2010, 12:30 AM
So sorry to hear of your loss. Been two years since I lost my Newf and I've yet to be able to replace him.

Take care and remember the great life, home and friendship you gave him!

pjp623
10-11-2010, 07:08 AM
:( Sorry foryour loss. We have lost sereral good friends over the years young and old and it's never easy. They do become part of the family.

wvsquirrel
10-11-2010, 07:58 AM
Sorry for your loss

hollylmh
10-11-2010, 07:59 AM
4.5 years is way too young to loose a friend!

hollylmh
Yellow 444

Spyderjockey
10-11-2010, 08:45 AM
I can't tell you how bad I feel for you, losing a dog or any pet that you have loved so much is a terrible thing to go through....it has happened too many times to me. I am glad to see that there are so many Spyder people that are animal lovers and are sending their understanding and support to you. We hear too many times of the cruelty and visciousness(?sp) of the human race on the animal world, it is great to see there are still many animal lovers around.

dltang
10-11-2010, 08:59 AM
So sorry for you loss Bill. I understand how our pets are more than just a pet and part of a family. Your dog was beautiful. Losing a family member and friend is never easy, even when they are furry.

grumpybob
10-11-2010, 11:31 AM
Sorry for the loss of you best friend.

Lost two of my friends, (human) and had to put my 16+ yr. old cat to sleep in the past two weeks. I Try to think of the good times we had together. Never really get over it, just gets so it is a little more tolerable.

ARtraveler
10-11-2010, 11:37 AM
Sorry for your loss. Our fur buddies become family members and we become very attached to them. When you have a dog, you have a true friend for life. I still grieve the loss of Foxy, my husky dog and friend for 11 years. I still have her picture, ashes, collar, favorite chew bone, and leash sitting on top of my desk in a prominent place.

Marker
10-11-2010, 12:14 PM
I am very sorry for your loss

FANG
10-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Thanks so much to all my SpyderLover family. Titan was the kind of friend you just wanted to be with 24hrs a day. If I had a bad day at work, he was always there to help. He was a very empathetic dog - when I had my surgery in Feb. and was home recooperating he stay right by my side - if I got up to walk - he was right there next to me. He would walk beside me and wanted me to use him as a moving crutch. He lavished all he knew him with love and affection. I miss his so much. I still have 2 other dogs that have been a big comfort; but no one will ever take Titan's place.

Boriken
10-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Very sorry for your loss.

watchman
10-11-2010, 07:09 PM
So sorry to hear that has happened to you. When you get a really good one they so quickly become our close bud’s. Just know as has been said, you are not alone with your feelings. All of us who love our dogs feel your pain. I hope each day becomes easier for you. It did in time for my wife and I. We had to put our Lab mix of many good years down and It was one of the hardest things I have ever done. Again, you are not alone.

Rando
10-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Dogs are so awesome, they ask for so little yet give us so much! Sorry for your loss.

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rbowx.gifRainbow Bridge http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rbowx.gif

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

SpyderWolf
10-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Very sorry to hear of your loss. It is always sad whenever we lose a companion, whether it be human or not. :(

ARtraveler
10-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Thanks Rando for the piece about the Rainbow Bridge. That brought tears to my eyes.

Clicker1944
10-13-2010, 12:27 PM
So sorry for your loss. He wasn't just a dog he was family as is my German Shepherd.