PDA

View Full Version : Seal Floorboards

VaughnCat
10-08-2010, 04:00 PM
When I heard about Seal Floorboards, Vaughn and I were really curious. We were glad when 8Legs posted pics after having them installed on his RT.

We contacted John and he said he was planning a trip and would be heading South on I-5 right past our place. So, when he offered to stop by so we could check out the new floorboards for the RT in person, we were elated. John coordinated his stop to make sure Vaughn could check them out too. What a nice guy. But better that that, what nice floorboards! Well engineered and good looking! :2thumbs:

When John pulled up at our place, he had his '09 RS trailered for the trip to Mexico, and I was excited to see it had floorboards already installed. Guess I had missed the part about RS floorboards having been in production since last year because I was so excited that the ones for the RT were coming off the production line.

John offered me to try out the floorboards on his RS and then brought out a brand new set for the RT and demonstrated how they fit and how easily they are to install. I was really impressed by how securely they mount in less than 10 minutes. And he's thought of everything, even designing them so there is no conflict in getting in to check the oil! :clap:

Guess this is starting to sound like a paid political announcement :roflblack: didn't really intend for it to be. Just wanted to toss in my 2 cents worth and give big :thumbup: to one of the Spyderlovers sponsors with some great Spyder products! :firstplace:

Good stuff made by good people. . . where else but at Spyderlovers.com:2thumbs:

Cat :doorag:

SpyderWolf
10-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Great write up! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this product.

Sny
10-08-2010, 05:34 PM
I've been curious about these boards as well, but I'm worried about a few things.

When your feet are on the stock pegs (RS), for more spirited ryding, your toes point down.

On these floorboards your obvious can't do that. In fact it seems like you really can't keep your feet in the "stock" position at all unless you have very short legs (I have short legs and I don't think I could keep my feet flat and level at that position without some kind of surgery!)

so... in more aggressive cornering... what happens? Seems like it would be difficult to use your feet to brace yourself and transfer weight... and hugging the tank would put your knees at an odd position.

Maybe I'm overthinking it. Hoping someone who's tried it can give their opinion after ryding it a bit.

Maybe I'm the wrong target audience for these, but I want my cake AND eat it too ;)

sealfloorboards
10-08-2010, 05:36 PM
When I heard about Seal Floorboards, Vaughn and I were really curious. We were glad when 8Legs posted pics after having them installed on his RT.

We contacted John and he said he was planning a trip and would be heading South on I-5 right past our place. So, when he offered to stop by so we could check out the new floorboards for the RT in person, we were elated. John coordinated his stop to make sure Vaughn could check them out too. What a nice guy. But better that that, what nice floorboards! Well engineered and good looking! :2thumbs:

When John pulled up at our place, he had his '09 RS trailered for the trip to Mexico, and I was excited to see it had floorboards already installed. Guess I had missed the part about RS floorboards having been in production since last year because I was so excited that the ones for the RT were coming off the production line.

John offered me to try out the floorboards on his RS and then brought out a brand new set for the RT and demonstrated how they fit and how easily they are to install. I was really impressed by how securely they mount in less than 10 minutes. And he's thought of everything, even designing them so there is no conflict in getting in to check the oil! :clap:

Guess this is starting to sound like a paid political announcement :roflblack: didn't really intend for it to be. Just wanted to toss in my 2 cents worth and give big :thumbup: to one of the Spyderlovers sponsors with some great Spyder products! :firstplace:

Good stuff made by good people. . . where else but at Spyderlovers.com:2thumbs:

Cat :doorag:

Thanks Cat,

It does almost sound like a paid political announcement. I can't imagine you it could get any better if I had written it myself. It was a real pleasure meeting you and Vaughan today. Hopefully we can hook up for some rides next summer. Tomorrow I will visit Ted at WaterWorld in Medford, then on to Ca. and Az. to visit about a dozen Can Am dealers, then on to Puerto Vallarta.

A note to other :spyder2:Lovers. Even though i will be in Mexico for a while, production and shipping are business as usual. I will still be answering your emails daily and can call you anytime. Just give me your phone # if you need to talk with me (love Vonage). Anyway Cat, thanks again.

John
"Now that's a FloorBoard!"

8 Legged Freak
10-10-2010, 11:41 PM
I've been curious about these boards as well, but I'm worried about a few things.

When your feet are on the stock pegs (RS), for more spirited ryding, your toes point down.

On these floorboards your obvious can't do that. In fact it seems like you really can't keep your feet in the "stock" position at all unless you have very short legs (I have short legs and I don't think I could keep my feet flat and level at that position without some kind of surgery!)

so... in more aggressive cornering... what happens? Seems like it would be difficult to use your feet to brace yourself and transfer weight... and hugging the tank would put your knees at an odd position.

Maybe I'm overthinking it. Hoping someone who's tried it can give their opinion after ryding it a bit.

Maybe I'm the wrong target audience for these, but I want my cake AND eat it too ;)

I have the first set of these floorboards and to try and answer your question. I have added some rubber stick-on truck runner board pads that I found at Wal-mart for $8. These allow me to have my feet a little wider than the pegs and by using the rubber pads as a leverage, I am able to corner faster than before and feel very stable in doing it.