PDA

View Full Version : Removable Windshield

killerbee
10-06-2010, 09:30 AM
Is there a windshield that is easy to put on and take off to be used only for cold weather and long trips? Like the looks of the short windshield, but this weather is brutal!!!

tweeder
10-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Is there a windshield that is easy to put on and take off to be used only for cold weather and long trips? Like the looks of the short windshield, but this weather is brutal!!!

The only thing that I can think of is the slider. Its short and then you slid up the other windshield for the hiways and rain. Thats how I use mine.

bonehead
10-06-2010, 03:24 PM
UMM the BRP is 4 screws, 5 minutes to replace if that. seems like most of them are like. I'll show you mind this weekend. Just bought one off E-bay, $125, , got here today, it is nice, but doesn't have the hand protection like BRP.:clap:

Rando
10-06-2010, 03:26 PM
The only thing that I can think of is the slider. I agree and get the tall slider if you decide to get one.

biker1
10-06-2010, 03:38 PM
Maybe, maybe for long trips, like over an hour. But having tried one of those long windshields, I thought it took so much away from the biking experience that I took it off and have not used it since,, pouring rain or 50mph winds.
I might put it on during the winter if there is a storm and I have to go a long way, but generally not impressed.
Biking is biking,, to me.

pathfinderjoe
10-07-2010, 12:12 AM
I use the BRP Sport Touring windshield from approx. May to Nov and the F1 slider during the rest of the year. Depending on how hard it's raining I may or may not raise the slider - I like the option.