PDA

View Full Version : RTS P.E. Owner

ladyzombiespyder
10-05-2010, 09:20 PM
Hey Fellow Spyder Owners, I live in Lenoir and I just bought P.E. N.433. Does anyone have any issues with their bikes? I had just had my 600 mile service and I started having brake failure warnings. No problems before the service. Everything is working properly just wondering if it is another bug that needs to be fixed. I turn the switch on several times and the warning stops popping up. Does not come on during riding just at the beginning before I start the bike. Does anyone know if tightening up the front suspension will help with the body roll some? I know hardening up the rear does help. Already had the antenna problem, cruise will not engage, ipod will not work, trunk and saddle bags are hard to close, and tool kit retaining strap has broke. How is the mpg on models that are well broke in? I am up to 35 mpg at a little over a 1000 miles on my bike.

Ltownblue
10-06-2010, 07:01 AM
Hey Fellow Spyder Owners, I live in Lenoir and I just bought P.E. N.433. Does anyone have any issues with their bikes? I had just had my 600 mile service and I started having brake failure warnings. No problems before the service. Everything is working properly just wondering if it is another bug that needs to be fixed. I turn the switch on several times and the warning stops popping up. Does not come on during riding just at the beginning before I start the bike. Does anyone know if tightening up the front suspension will help with the body roll some? I know hardening up the rear does help. Already had the antenna problem, cruise will not engage, ipod will not work, trunk and saddle bags are hard to close, and tool kit retaining strap has broke. How is the mpg on models that are well broke in? I am up to 35 mpg at a little over a 1000 miles on my bike.

welcome. I'm originally from Lenoir also (hence the name Ltownblue). I still cruise there to see family and friends and to make my way "up the mountain". I have an '08 SM5 (RS) with almost 12k miles, and I've had no problems. I have a lot of additions including a hindle exhaust and just replaced the rear tire, but I have had no problems with my spyder since purchasing it new in September '08. Of course, it's not an RT, so I don't really know of any problems with them, but if you're having error codes, I do recommend that you take it to Schronce's in Taylorsville for a "look see". They are good on recall work / warranty, but very expensive for any service out of pocket. I would say that if you are getting 35 mpg that you are doing very well - I don't get that from my SM5, even when I ride alone. Good luck and let me know if you want to get together for a ride.

best,

blue