PDA

View Full Version : Bed Bugs At Red Roof Inn in Gatlinburg!!

Red Recluse
10-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Hello everyone. I just wanted to let everyone that stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Gatlinburg, TN that they are listed on the internet as having Bed Bugs!:gaah: Now that they are making a comeback there is a site that list Hotel/Motels with Bedbugs. They sell a spray on-line that kills and repels them. If you stayed there might be a good idea to get some just in case.

dave01
10-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Nite Nite night, Sleep Tight, Dont let the http://media4.picsearch.com/is?a-n_u1S5zxUnsywG7S9lUbezBxf0ZhgI5asBkjCJ440 (http://www.aokpest.com/bed%20bug%20info%20page.htm) Bite

Roy's Bassets
10-05-2010, 06:55 PM
I did not see any bed bugs, the room was flea infested.:gaah: I will not stay there agin. $79.95 for fleas and bed bugs.:chill:

Arthur---Mexico
10-05-2010, 07:13 PM
I can't figure out where to place this message. I want to thank Lamont and Marc and the others that were involved for all their efforts to make this 2010 Gatlinburg Spyder convention a success. I had a ball. I had to drive 6,000 mile to join in and it was worth it. My wife and I had a ball. I had no mechanical problems with my car, my trailer, nor my Spyder. But 10 mpg in my car was something. We stopped at various places where I would unload my Spyder and we would ride around. I used my Spyder 10 days during the 21 day trip. But I did count every Spyder I could find while traveling and there were just two that I saw. A very poor showing.

We stayed in one Red Roof hotel one night in some city I can't remember the name of and it was the pits. What was outstanding was the accomodations in the Westgate Resort and Hotel in Gatlinburg and for $80.00 a night. That's what it's for. I didn't get arrested for exceeding speed limits on every road I drove on. I drove on many and did a lot. So thank you all. I hope we can make it again next year.
Arthur S. Cohen, Mexico City

docdoru
10-05-2010, 07:26 PM
I can't figure out where to place this message. I want to thank Lamont and Marc and the others that were involved for all their efforts to make this 2010 Gatlinburg Spyder convention a success. I had a ball. I had to drive 6,000 mile to join in and it was worth it. My wife and I had a ball. I had no mechanical problems with my car, my trailer, nor my Spyder. But 10 mpg in my car was something. We stopped at various places where I would unload my Spyder and we would ride around. I used my Spyder 10 days during the 21 day trip. But I did count every Spyder I could find while traveling and there were just two that I saw. A very poor showing.

We stayed in one Red Roof hotel one night in some city I can't remember the name of and it was the pits. What was outstanding was the accomodations in the Westgate Resort and Hotel in Gatlinburg and for $80.00 a night. That's what it's for. I didn't get arrested for exceeding speed limits on every road I drove on. I drove on many and did a lot. So thank you all. I hope we can make it again next year.
It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife in the Westgate parking lot. Decide to buy the handle brake to use-it for...:yikes: drifting.

Arthur---Mexico
10-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Docduru (I think),

If you are interested in purchasing one of the hand parking brake levers please contact me at xe1ll@prodigy.net.mx. I sold all but two of them at the convention so you won't have to wait. Contact me and I'll explain the payment method. Many thanks.
Arthur---Mexico City

Firefly
10-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Hello everyone. I just wanted to let everyone that stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Gatlinburg, TN that they are listed on the internet as having Bed Bugs!:gaah: Now that they are making a comeback there is a site that list Hotel/Motels with Bedbugs. They sell a spray on-line that kills and repels them. If you stayed there might be a good idea to get some just in case.

Which RRI were they talking about in Gatlinburg?

I checked our bed really well and it was fine. I also checked our bed on the way there (microtel) and some other hotel on the way home and all was good.

They're really just a nuisance--- not a real health concern even though you can bring them home with you.

Smylinacha
10-05-2010, 08:36 PM
:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes: EEEEEeeeewwwwwwwwwwww! We had mold in our room when we stayed there. It was dank and nasty, Nice people, but I'd never stay there again. I like Country Inn & Suites - we don't have them up North. Also like the Hilton Garden Inns and just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express - real nice place - that was in Chicago watching our youngest graduate bootcamp for Navy.

SpyderFun
10-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Good night, Sleep Tight, Dont let the http://media4.picsearch.com/is?a-n_u1S5zxUnsywG7S9lUbezBxf0ZhgI5asBkjCJ440 (http://www.aokpest.com/bed%20bug%20info%20page.htm) Bite

Dude that is just wrong on so many levels....but it was funny! ROFLMAO

SpyderWolf
10-05-2010, 09:28 PM
What was outstanding was the accomodations in the Westgate Resort and Hotel in Gatlinburg and for $80.00 a night. That's what it's for. I didn't get arrested for exceeding speed limits on every road I drove on. I drove on many and did a lot. So thank you all. I hope we can make it again next year.

It was great meeting you and your wife at the resort, and :agree: it was an awesome place to stay. My wife and I are thinking about heading back up there in a couple of weeks, with our 8 year old son, to do the tourist thing. :thumbup:

Take care and ryde safe Arthur!

8LEGS
10-05-2010, 10:00 PM
The room we stayed in did not smell and was clean. The only time we were even in the room was to shower and sleep, then leave in the morning and be gone all day. I would stay there again without giving it a second thought.

SpyderSteve
10-05-2010, 10:14 PM
I stayed in 2 different rooms over my 6 nite stay at sits. Both rooms were fine [clean and bug free] and reasonably priced $49.95 :clap:

Some Guy
10-06-2010, 08:03 AM
The room we stayed in did not smell and was clean. The only time we were even in the room was to shower and sleep, then leave in the morning and be gone all day. I would stay there again without giving it a second thought.
:agree:

My room was fine...no problems at all. Like Firefly, I checked out the rooms in all the hotels we stayed during on the trip...no problems.

I was a little paranoid after seeing the news reports, so to be safe, I unpacked all my luggage in the driveway, put all my clothes (clean or dirty) in a garbage bag, took them in the house and put them in the dryer on high heat (heat kills the bugs and their larvae).

Yazz
10-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Had a bad case of chiggers once while camping. Everything associated with the trip never made it close to the house. Except us and the bikes.

Didn't find any bedbugs at the RRI or anywhere on the road trip. Looked for the little critters too.

killerbee
10-06-2010, 09:15 AM
Killerbee (Dennis) owns a pest control company. We checked our room and found nothing; however, that doesn't mean they aren't in another room. YOU DON'T WANT TO TAKE THEM HOME!!! Put your luggage on the luggage rack. Better yet, put in the tub. Put all your dirty clothes in a tightly sealed garbage bag. Save yourself $3000 to $4000 to get rid of them. They can get in your walls if you take them home. You can have bedbugs in the best hotels also. The spray will only kill what is visable and on contact and is not residual. A meat company in our area just brought in 1800 (yes 1800!) out of the country (I don't want to mention which country to avoid discrimination) illegals to work, thus we are doing tons of bedbug and roach jobs. Evidently America doesn't have an unemployment problem after all.

Firefly
10-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Killerbee (Dennis) owns a pest control company. We checked our room and found nothing; however, that doesn't mean they aren't in another room. YOU DON'T WANT TO TAKE THEM HOME!!! Put your luggage on the luggage rack. Better yet, put in the tub. Put all your dirty clothes in a tightly sealed garbage bag. Save yourself $3000 to $4000 to get rid of them. They can get in your walls if you take them home. You can have bedbugs in the best hotels also. The spray will only kill what is visable and on contact and is not residual. A meat company in our area just brought in 1800 (yes 1800!) out of the country (I don't want to mention which country to avoid discrimination) illegals to work, thus we are doing tons of bedbug and roach jobs. Evidently America doesn't have an unemployment problem after all.

Um-- if they really are 'illegals' then you should be reporting it. How do you know about this and the proper authorities don't? I'm not sure how I could tell if someone was an 'illegal' or not without access to their work documents.

Anyone, regardless of cleanliness can carry and get bedbugs.

Sarge707
10-06-2010, 09:46 AM
:agree:Don,t take Bug Critters Lightly!!
Just because you did not see them when you first walked in doesn,t mean they didn,t get you latter in the night and FEAST upon your delicious blood? :D
If they travel to your home somehow its going to cost you a lot of $$$ !nojoke

Firefly
10-06-2010, 09:53 AM
:agree:Don,t take Bug Critters Lightly!!
Just because you did not see them when you first walked in doesn,t mean they didn,t get you latter in the night and FEAST upon your delicious blood? :D
If they travel to your home somehow its going to cost you a lot of $$$ !nojoke

You'd know if you came into contact with them--- most likely way before you got home....

Yazz
10-06-2010, 06:56 PM
Yuck! Confused about which is worse now. Chiggers or bedbugs.

Glad I got neither on this trip.:D

madozier
10-06-2010, 07:59 PM
I seen some bugs. These bugs would come out in the early hours of the morning while everyone was a sleep and play with these funny looking three wheeled motorcycles. I seem to recall they were fascinated with something called an IPS.:p

JJW SpyderRider
10-06-2010, 08:28 PM
I spend 100+ nights a year in hotels across the country. I'm platinum at three hotel chains. So far I've been lucky, I have not seen or been bitten by any bed bugs.

Smylinacha
10-06-2010, 09:19 PM
I was in Bed Bath and Beyond today. They have that bed bug spray that was mentioned here - it's by the pillow protector covers, near the mattress covers. They also make a 'bedbug" bag for travel - looks like a duffle bag - I'm sure a garbage bag would work the same for less $$$! But I did see the spray there. They had a big can and travel size.

I have to watch out for fleas at home - the cat is outside alot. I put that frontline stuff on her but it's getting cold out so hopefully I won't have to worry as much. I think the fleas stop when it is colder. Haven't had any yet and the only bug encounter I had was the yellow jacket attack a few weeks ago. Many stings on my foot :(

SpyderSteve
10-06-2010, 09:36 PM
I seen some bugs. These bugs would come out in the early hours of the morning while everyone was a sleep and play with these funny looking three wheeled motorcycles. I seem to recall they were fascinated with something called an IPS.:p My :spyder2: was infested with this problem:roflblack: BTW did you see any tie dyed shirts among them

madozier
10-07-2010, 12:18 AM
My :spyder2: was infested with this problem:roflblack: BTW did you see any tie dyed shirts among them

I did!:yikes:

SpyderSteve
10-07-2010, 12:39 AM
Sorta had that feeling :spyder:

irish2themax
10-07-2010, 08:30 AM
My entire experience at the Red Roof was less than satisfactory. Other than the chance to interact with fellow Spyder Ryders and it's proximity to Smoky's, I felt the quality of the room, the staff, and the service had gone downhill from last year. I won't be staying there next year, that's for sure!

Firefly
10-07-2010, 08:56 AM
My entire experience at the Red Roof was less than satisfactory. Other than the chance to interact with fellow Spyder Ryders and it's proximity to Smoky's, I felt the quality of the room, the staff, and the service had gone downhill from last year. I won't be staying there next year, that's for sure!

Well of course they've gone downhill if they're letting the likes of YOU stay there...... :roflblack:

bone crusher
10-08-2010, 01:54 AM
Which RRI were they talking about in Gatlinburg?

I checked our bed really well and it was fine. I also checked our bed on the way there (microtel) and some other hotel on the way home and all was good.

They're really just a nuisance--- not a real health concern even though you can bring them home with you.

New York has a serious issue with them...they have had to shut down major stores (Nike Town, for one)...if you get them, you won't find them to be a minor issue.

In the city, they have to 'bomb' the room...the bugs reside in electrical sockets, clothing, and virtually everywhere...get online and read about the problem in NYC...it is really serious!

Some Guy
10-08-2010, 08:10 AM
I seen some bugs. These bugs would come out in the early hours of the morning while everyone was a sleep and play with these funny looking three wheeled motorcycles. I seem to recall they were fascinated with something called an IPS.:p

My :spyder2: was infested with this problem:roflblack: BTW did you see any tie dyed shirts among them

I did!:yikes:

Sorta had that feeling :spyder:

I'm pleading the 5th on this one! :roflblack:

SpyderWolf
10-08-2010, 04:20 PM

that would probably be your best bet at this point. :roflblack:

madozier
10-08-2010, 06:16 PM
You don't have anything to worry about because these bugs were good looking.:roflblack: