PDA

View Full Version : Need Opinions / Advice...

hartsock1986
10-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Just installed a Tailgunner Exhaust, and all I can say is OMG!!!!! This thing is loud and ballsy now....

With that said, I would like to keep the aggressive riding stance of the bike, however, improve the comfort on the long haul. I am looking into an F1 windshield with the extra pull up hide behind windshield, along with a seat and backrest.

The backrest and seat is mainly for the wife, however, I wonder if I did go with corbin seat and used the backrest for me, will it still be comfortable without the bar risers. I hear that the corbin seat forces you into a touring riding position, however, dont know if this will work without the risers and be comfortable.

Any suggestions?

Dragonrider
10-05-2010, 06:41 PM
I loved my Corbin on my RS - and I had 4 inch risers, which could have been 6 inch…. tried the F1 & hated it (but I'm quite tall), ended up with a 22" Madstad, which I loved. I had a nice set of touring pegs - pipes, filter, Juice Box, etc…. and while it was fast, it wasn't comfortable. I finally found the perfect fix. I sold it and bought an RT…

Everyone's different. :spyder2:

Smylinacha
10-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Pics of that exhaust?:popcorn:

hartsock1986
10-05-2010, 09:56 PM
I will get pics up asap.

I have had quite a hassle getting this exhaust though. Here is my story:

I ordered this exhaust early august. After about 2 1/2 weeks of no package, I got an email from Charlie at Tailgunner. He told me that he sent the canister out to be jet hot coated, and does this only when an exhaust is ordered. He received the canister back and it was damaged in shipping, so he will need to send a new canister out to be coated, which he said takes approx 10 days. Charlie stated that he would refund my shipping and send me a t-shirt, and when he gets the exhaust back he will 3 day ship it to me.

I emailed him back and told him i understand things happen, and to let me know when it is sent out.

Charlie then tells me in a seperate email, oh by the way, we no longer have the all silver nacelle like you ordered, so your going to receive a black one. Is that ok? I told him that I really wanted a silver one like I ordered, and if I wanted a black one I would have ordered one. He replied that the black looks better, and they no longer stock the silver. I told him that since I have no other choice, then I guess im stuck with a black one. I asked if he could have the nacelle jet hot coated to match the canister, and he asked jet hot and they said no because it is the wrong material.

I gave up and said just send me the black one then and I will try and either paint it or polish it to silver instead.

Weeks go by and no package or email. I ask whats going on and he said that he has not gotten the canister back yet, and when he does he would send it.

I leave for my honeymoon and come back to a package on the steps. WOOT, its my exhaust. I check my email, and no message saying it was shipped or anything. I didnt care, since I actually had the darn thing now after approx 1.5 months of waiting. The bike was tore down waiting for the exhaust the whole time.

I install the pipe and the 90 that I ordered from him. His site said to order his 90 if I was ordering his pipe, so I did. When I open the package up, I see that he got the 90 from Custom Dynamics, and charged 20 more on his site than I could have ordered it right from Custom Dynamics site. This pissed me off.

To top it all off, the 90 pipe had those spring tabs welded on the WRONG side of the 90, so upon instalation, instead of a clean looking 90, I have an ugly tab welded in plain sight.

The exhaust leaks too, at the Y pipe and 90 connection, as well as the 90 and muffler connection.... I tried high temp silicone where the pieces connect, and it seemed to help. (No gaskets were included)

Needless to say, not very happy at this point. I waited so damn long to get this pipe, and install it with leaks and a tab welded in the wrong place.

So I sent a very frustrated email to Charlie, and basically stated that I am very upset with the way this whole transaction has went. With ordering the silver and not being able to get it, waiting 1.5 months for my exhaust, and upon installation finding out that it leaks and the tabs on the 90 pipe, (which he charged me 20 buck more than I could have got it STRAIGHT from Custom Dynamics), were welded on the wrong side.

I told him that I never got a t-shirt either, which I didnt want one any longer due to my troubles, and he never refunded me my shipping charges. I told him that I feel like I should be either refunded some money for my troubles or send the right parts to me at their shipping cost so I can get the pipe working correctly and not leak.

I did receive an email from Charlie the other day, and he told me that if I didnt want the 90, then I had to pay to ship it back to him to get a refund, and stated that he doesnt know why I am complaining about the exhaust because he has never had any complaints so far.....

Anyways, sorry for the long post, I needed to vent. I hope I am not out of line with saying how I feel about this, but darnit, it just pisses me off.

Now I am stuck with the tabs showing on the 90, or pay to ship it back, get refunded, and buy a different 90, pay to ship it here, and reinstall.... cant decide what I want to do. Its getting cold fast, and riding season is almost over( dropping into the low 40's upper 30's at night), so the last thing I want is to tear the bike back apart and not have a chance to ride it any longer this year......

But on a positive not, the pipe sound BADASS!!!!! I have two harley's with high end performance exhaust, and it is more wicked then both... EXTREMELY LOUD!!!! I'm for sure going to be pulled over for loud exhaust, just have to make sure I carry my badge and I.D. on me so I can get outta a ticket.

Long story short, great pipe, piss poor service and experience....

Firefly
10-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Daddy Darko had a tailgunner-- cool stuff!

I wouldn't touch an F1 for anything. Besides the bad rep that Marcel gave the company--- those shields are NOT made out of DOT certified material.... they will shatter on impact.

Try a CHAD or MADSTAD adjustable--- or the new BRP touring shields look really sharp.