PDA

View Full Version : Overboard or not??

xpeschon
10-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Planning a trip next week-end with the spYder and was in Wal-Mart today and ran across this ideam.. I thought it would be a good idea to go ahead and pick one up, I have actually been thinking about it anyway but since I'm planning a trip I'd better have one.. Was going to just pack it in the trunk but then started thinking, (yah that don't happen much) about if there was anywhere on the spYder that I could possible mount it too,, Well here it is---Again, do you think its kind of overboard or not?

X-Joe

pitbull
10-03-2010, 07:01 PM
Planning a trip next week-end with the spYder and was in Wal-Mart today and ran across this ideam.. I thought it would be a good idea to go ahead and pick one up, I have actually been thinking about it anyway but since I'm planning a trip I'd better have one.. Was going to just pack it in the trunk but then started thinking, (yah that don't happen much) about if there was anywhere on the spYder that I could possible mount it too,, Well here it is---Again, do you think its kind of overboard or not?

X-Joe

Lol.... I hope it is Joe :-)

boborgera
10-03-2010, 07:16 PM
If you think it's overkill then it probably is.
Besides you'll have to mount one on each side,
To keep the air drag even.:joke:

xpeschon
10-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Yah I know I should right?? I figure I can just tell people its NITROUS and see what they say about that... Ha Ha..

X-Joe

RShrimp
10-03-2010, 08:25 PM
I'm not saying it is likely but if mine catches fire, I would rather not be ..so prepared. I would hate to save it and depend on someone to try and fix it after the wiring was burnt up! I would rather let insurance buy me a new one.

dave01
10-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Joe, I have carried one in my trailer since the first week that I owned spyder #2. I saw a nice little chrome one that would look good on the RT. Maybe that will be my next project

G-Man
10-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Probably won't need it, but, if you do, you'll want it where you can get to it. Do you want to take a chance on being able to get it out of the trunk?:doorag:

dave01
10-03-2010, 08:31 PM
If we see you towing this around behind you, now that would be overkill

http://www.manufacturer.com/cimages/product/www.alibaba.com/0417/v/11317350_Bavaria_Water_Foam_Fire_Fighting_Trailer. jpg

irish2themax
10-04-2010, 07:19 AM
I've carried one in my Smugglers Trunk for over a year. Just make sure you check the expiration date

Bob Denman
10-04-2010, 07:26 AM
The only problem with having one hooked to the bike might be getting to it for deployment if the bike is already a "problem in progress". :shocked: They're never a bad idea if you see somebody with a long face who's getting ready to call his insurance agent in order to tell him to bring some marshmallows to the roast...

M2Wild
10-04-2010, 09:08 AM
Just like the fire extinguisher PWCs required to carry .... you use it to put out OTHER people's fire.

I carry a small bottle of halon in my Spyder fronk as part of my travel kit.

Some Guy
10-04-2010, 09:57 AM
I'm not saying it is likely but if mine catches fire, I would rather not be ..so prepared. I would hate to save it and depend on someone to try and fix it after the wiring was burnt up! I would rather let insurance buy me a new one.

:agree: The chemicals in those extinguishers can play havoc with sensors, electrical, etc. Who knows what little problems could pop up after it's "fixed"...and good luck trying to convince the insurance company that those problems down the road are related to the fire.

Firefly
10-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Could be fun to run a fake hose off the nozzle and then put a big NOS sticker on the side.... lol

I think I would rather carry some hot-dogs and marshmallows -- cause if mine goes up in flames I want it to just keep burning ---- nojoke

gpthree
10-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Could be fun to run a fake hose off the nozzle and then put a big NOS sticker on the side.... lol

I think I would rather carry some hot-dogs and marshmallows -- cause if mine goes up in flames I want it to just keep burning ---- nojoke

I'd much rather it burn and get a new one than try to save it and have it refurbished. Let it burn!:agree:

sabunim5
10-04-2010, 01:05 PM
It's only overboard if you want to carry a passenger. Mine is in the frunk.

wyliec
10-04-2010, 01:27 PM
I'd much rather it burn and get a new one than try to save it and have it refurbished. Let it burn!:agree:

:agree:

ARtraveler
10-04-2010, 01:35 PM
I would add that mod only if I were driving a Ford Pinto--do you remember that model? Don't think its a good one for the syder though.

xpeschon
10-04-2010, 01:50 PM

I agree with you on this one fly,, and also Some Guy BUT the situation will determine if a person should really us it if you feel that strong,, I can tell you this, in the driveway, on the side of the road, in a clear area--- Let that sucker BURN,, However at a Gas Station, Crowded Parking Lot, Heavy populated area I'm pulling it out and putting out the fire as fast as I can cause I couldn't handle being responsible for injuring and damaging other peoples stuff... But I DO hear you...

X-Joe

Bob Denman
10-04-2010, 02:33 PM
While I can certainly understand your sentiments about letting the fire take care of itself, a lot of insurance companies include in their contracts a stipulation that you as the insured must do what you can to prevent further damage should a loss occur... They can refuse to pay a claim if they think that you might not have been diligent in your efforts to contain the blaze... :cus:

wyliec
10-04-2010, 03:03 PM
While I can certainly understand your sentiments about letting the fire take care of itself, a lot of insurance companies include in their contracts a stipulation that you as the insured must do what you can to prevent further damage should a loss occur... They can refuse to pay a claim if they think that you might not have been diligent in your efforts to contain the blaze... :cus:

You are under no obligation to put your life as risk. And, who is going to say that your life wasn't at risk when they weren't there?

dave01
10-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Halon. No issues with electronic items. Dry. Chem=major issues

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

docdoru
10-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Halon. No issues with electronic items. Dry. Chem=major issues

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Halon can't be use since Montreal Protocol of 1987 http://ozone.unep.org/Ratification_status/montreal_protocol.shtml :doorag:

spyryder
10-04-2010, 04:28 PM

Sitting in the coffee shop, watching it burn and NOT calling the fire dept. for example. :shocked:

tatt2r
10-04-2010, 04:40 PM
have one in my spyder and girl friends:2thumbs:
:better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it

Fire Joe
10-04-2010, 04:55 PM

X-Joe

I think you already know that I would say it is not overboard at all. There's nothing like that knot you get in the pit of your stomach when you see any of your prized possessions go up in smoke. Thanks to you guys I still have my Spyder :bowdown:

I say it's just fine and could be classified as a much needed accessory.

Sarge707
10-04-2010, 05:16 PM

:agree: As long as your SAFE!!! Burn Baby Burn!!!:roflblack::clap:

Lone Spyder Ryder
10-04-2010, 08:00 PM
only way to buy insurance is to go for the replacement policy.

Bob Denman
10-05-2010, 07:03 AM
Again... a full replacement, or even a stated value one never really gets you back where you were before the roast... You're gonna have to deal with the insurance adjusters who have their own sense of time passage, and then you've lost stuff that your homeowner's policy is going to have to kick in to pay for... with its own deductible applied first of course! Towing the carcass to a safe haven... not everybody likes picking up smioking hunks of wreckage either...
It's still best to try and save what you have at risk... Even if you don't you'll at least sleep better knowing that you tried...
(Okay... I'll get off the soapbox and shut up now!:D)

Smylinacha
10-05-2010, 08:52 PM
:agree: As long as your SAFE!!! Burn Baby Burn!!!:roflblack::clap:

:agree::agree: